Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,328 members, 7,780,826 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 11:30 PM

The Bridge (18+) [Book 1 of Xav-Verse] [Completed] - Literature (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / The Bridge (18+) [Book 1 of Xav-Verse] [Completed] (33512 Views)

Ideal (18+) [book 4 Of Xav-verse] [completed] / Keeping Up With The Chukwumas Vol.1 (18+) [Book 3 of Xav-Verse] [Completed] / Classic (18+) [Book 2 of Xav-Verse] [Completed] (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (16) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Bridge (18+) [Book 1 of Xav-Verse] [Completed] by jullyrosy(f): 12:39am On Dec 15, 2021
jullyrosy:
Tomorrow is Wednesday. .....
So happy
It's Wednesday caviar. ..update ooooo
Re: The Bridge (18+) [Book 1 of Xav-Verse] [Completed] by jullyrosy(f): 12:39am On Dec 15, 2021
jullyrosy:
Tomorrow is Wednesday. .....
So happy
It's Wednesday xavier. ..update ooooo

1 Like

Re: The Bridge (18+) [Book 1 of Xav-Verse] [Completed] by Xavier5(m): 9:07am On Dec 15, 2021
CHAPTER NINE

Pray for confirmation, that was the charge from Angela. A charge he is vehemently keeping. The drive, the push, the force making him to do this, what's it? Why put himself through all this? These are questions he ask himself, answers to which are deep within. Love and a deep desire for a happy and successful relationship. Yes, those two. The love for Angela and the deep desire to have a successful, happy relationship with her. His experiences which turned into his principles prevented him from dating her.

What if things turn out bad but what if it turns out good? That was a bet he wasn't willing to play, so to play safe, he had to resist despite how difficult it was. Each time he said no, the void within him deepens and expands, causing him emotional pain but it had to be done. When Angela came up with this idea, he was shocked that such was coming from her, she didn't strike him as someone who would resort to such.
Why he didn't think of this is something he couldn't comprehend. He always held the view that people should always seek the face of God before going into a relationship to avoid errors but when it came to his, he couldn't apply that principle rather it had to be Angela that made him do it, define hypocrisy again? He felt guilty at that. Apart from the feeling of shock and guilt, he was overly happy. At last he gets to know if he should or shouldn't. Finally, fucking freedom. He isn't going to take Angela's claim of God's affirmation as truth, he has to confirm by himself.

How does he know when and if God is speaking? Now that's a problem, a very very very big one at that. Well, for that he had been researching through reading, listening and asking questions. Joyce Meyer's 'How To Hear From God' truly came in handy. Through that book, he has been able to know and understand how God speaks, which He does in diverse ways ranging from the most supernatural means to the most common means possible. He's watching out for all the ways with faith and patience as his able companions.

Gently, Richard strolled on the interlocked path of the park, around him are people --- adults, adolescents and children --- all doing their things on the cool, green, serene, cozy environment of the park. Some playing, some strolling, some having picnics while some even loving up and so on. He exhaled, stretching his hands in the pocket of his hooded jacket. The cool evening breeze hiting his figure giving a cool refreshing feeling. He sighted a concrete bench occupied by a middle aged white man, sitting at the left end of the bench reading a book. He greeted and sat at the other end, he brought out his phone and kept himself busy with it.

"You know, three things, three major things ensures a successful relationship," the man spoke to no one in particular. Richard raised his head, turned and looked at him.

"Excuse me, are you referring to me?" he asked. The man smiled.

"Yes stud. I'm speaking to you." He stared at Richard smiling. "Three things guarantees a successful relationship."

"What are they?" Richard asked, picking interest.

"One, being with a right partner. Two, relationship knowledge and three, deliberate efforts. Now, about a right partner, when I talk about a right partner, I aren't talking about a perfect person as the misconception, rather I'm talking about a person suitable for you, someone you are compatible with, someone you can flow with, someone who will love, honour, respect, provide, protect and support you through thick and thin. A right partner isn't someone who won't give you problems, he or she will but it will be less ones, remember they are imperfect humans, there's no perfection in this."

"How do you know if someone is right for you? There are two ways, the natural and the supernatural way. The natural way has to do with natural or physical means. By the natural way, how to know a right partner is, one, genetic compatibility. The both of you have to be compatible genetically to avoid sorry stories. Two, possessions of desired attributes in a desired partner. Everyone has those attributes, ranging from physique to attitude to capacities etc, that they want their partners to posses. So one way of knowing if your partner or potential partner is right for you is if he or she possesses your desired attributes in a partner or desired partner."

"Talking about attributes, there are two kinds, core attributes and necessary attributes. Core attributes are those attributes that a desired partner must posses otherwise you can't be with him or her while necessary attributes are those attributes that are not compulsory although necessary, whether your desired partner possesses them or not, that won't stop you from going on with them although you will love them to possess them. Of all the attributes by a person, seventy to ninety percent of them are necessary while ten to thirty percent are cores. On a list of ten attributes, you will be shocked to find out that only two or three are cores while the rest are necessary. So know your desired attributes in a desired partner and check if a partner or potential partner has them," he said.

"Three, he or she must believe in, values and desire love and commitment. Four, he or she must love you. So the thing is how do you know if someone loves you? Simple, one, he or she must be generous to you, that is give to you. Giving is a default and natural product of love. If a partner doesn't give to you, he or she is not only stingy but also loveless towards you. Two, he or she must support you. A supportless partner is a loveless partner. Three, he or she must pray for and with you. Four, he or she must honour you. Honour denotes loyalty, respect and promotion. Five, he or she must defend you, be it physically, verbally and mentally."

"Six, he or she must desire you. The intimate and physical desires for you will be present. Seven, he or she must have knowledge of those little things that matters a lot to you like your birthday, your favourite colour, your favourite meal, your fashion taste, your favourite music or film genre etc. It takes someone that truly loves you and committed to you to know these, because in themselves they're little or less important but they matter a lot to you. There is no ego in these, it takes genuine love and commitment to know these things. Eight, he or she must show affection to you. Affection denotes care, niceness and feelings of affection, and nine, he or she must give you attention. People give attention to who or what matters to them. If you matter to your partner, he or she will give you attention no matter how busy he or she is. That's how you know if someone loves you."

"Now back to the signs for a right partner, five, inner peace and conviction. This is very important, inner peace and conviction is one way God speaks to you, it's one way the universe communicates and guides you. Listen to it. If a person meets all the requirements and there is no inner peace and conviction, don't go on with the person. Something is off some where, that's a message from the universe. If the person doesn't meet the requirements but there is inner peace and conviction, don't
Inner peace and conviction can be deceitful at times. Inner peace and conviction is only true if the person meets all the requirements. So those are the natural ways to know if a partner is right for you. A partner is right if he or she meets all the requirements not one or some but all, that is, if he or she is genetically compatible with you, loves you, has your desired attributes in a desired partner, believes in, values and desires love and commitment and if there is inner peace and conviction."

"Note, a person not being a right partner for you doesn't equate to him or her being bad, that person is right for another person but not you. Again note, there are lots of right partners for a person not the right partner, so all a person has to do is choose one, remember, he that finds a wife finds a good thing and obtains favour from God, what kind of wife? a good wife, a good partner whether male or female, a right one, not the wife or partner, good or right," he said and took a deep breath.

"The supernatural way of knowing a right partner is enquiry from God, in other words, prayer. Ask God if a person is right for you or not and he will reveal it to you. The natural and the supernatural ways are all important and useful. It's up to people to choose which one they want to use. Although both are good and useful, the supernatural way is better. The natural way requires time, observation and probably you being in the relationship with the person depending on the scenario."

"The supernatural way involves time in waiting to hear from God, not only that, it ensures future and secret security unlike the natural way. You see, someone being right today may become bad and terrible tommorow and also the person may be hiding an important deep secret from you but if God reveals the person to be right, cases like that are eliminated. God can not give a go ahead for a future bad partner or someone who is hiding a deep important secret from you, don't forget He's truthful, righteous, faithful, loving, reliable and omniscient."

"The natural way deals with the now and probably the secrets and the future, while the supernatural way deals with the now, the secrets and future, that's why the supernatural way is adviseable but both are good and useful. It's up to you to choose which one you want. A wise man will apply both. One more thing, if you're praying to God to reveal if a person is right or not and that person gets into marriage or relationship with another, that's a sign that the person is not, if the person was, God would have ensured that person stays single for you," he said.

"But how do you know if and when God is speaking to you? This is a problem for many and the causes of this are one, majority of men are spiritually dead, that is, spiritually insensitive. Two, they expect The Father to speak through mighty supernatural means but they fail to understand that He also speaks through the most common means possible. Means that could and will be pass off as mere natural phenomena, occurrence, coincidence and chance. God speaks through visions, dreams, prophecies, inner voices, the scriptures, conscience, books, tapes, other people, natural things, unnatural things, ideas, imaginations, heart desires or burdens, one's mouth, instinct or intuition, outer voices, wisdom, common sense, events and circumstances. Signs that God has spoken to you is that one, the information addresses the issue or issues and solves the problem or problems. Two, the information is in line with God's nature and His word. Three, you experience inner conviction, inner peace and inner joy. Try that in your relationship."

"Well, I'm not in a relationship," Richard replied. The man smiled.

"There is something you need to know. Having a right partner doesn't mean your relationship will be successful, this is where relationship knowledge and efforts comes in. No matter how right a partner is, if either or both of you don't do what needs to be done, that relationship will crash, for example, no matter how right a partner is, if you cheat on him or her, or abuse him or her, or you don't show love, affection, care, respect, honour and support, that relationship will sink. So mighty one..." The man said getting up. "For the knowledge, they're all around you, get them, and also make sure you make the efforts... deliberate efforts to make things work."

"Ask yourself, when it comes to the decision of dating Angela, do you feel inner peace, joy and conviction or you feel inner turmoil, sadness and disagreement. That's for you to answer. Remember, God speaks through diverse means including the most common ones. One more thing, because she's richer than you doesn't mean she will dishonour you. Those that do it, don't do it because they're wealthy but because that's their attitude, higher financial status only gives them the avenue to express it, although there are few cases where conception of such attitude and philosophy by a woman who never possess such is a thing but that's in few cases, in most cases, it's has always been her attitude. Besides, they're less richer than hubby wives that disrespect their husbands, what can you make of that?" He said raising a brow. Now this is strange, how in the world did he get to know about this, about Angela, Richard pondered astonished.

"Your relationship with Angela, if you choose to go into it will come with it's own opposition, will you be able to face it? Well that depends on the solidity of your love. So long Richard James Effiong." He even knows his name, this is getting creepy. Who in the world is this man? He burdened his heart with this question, lots of things ran through his mind. He raised his head only to notice the man walking away.

"But who are you?" He asked loudly at the retreating figure. The man stopped, turned his head slightly to the side, smirked and said,
"I'm a part of the universe just like you and more." With that he walked off leaving Richard flummoxed.

#Xavier
#TheBridge
#Xav-Verse
#TheOrganizationSaga

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Bridge (18+) [Book 1 of Xav-Verse] [Completed] by Xavier5(m): 9:19am On Dec 15, 2021
Jullyrosy, froze6, Carterj007, tomic1, jaylynn, Ihawarl1

I HAVE UPDATED OHHHHHHHHH

#Xavier

4 Likes

Re: The Bridge (18+) [Book 1 of Xav-Verse] [Completed] by Xavier5(m): 9:20am On Dec 15, 2021
Now the topic for discussion:

What do you think of the strange man's words and why do you think so?

Let the answers start pouring in.

#Xavier

1 Like

Re: The Bridge (18+) [Book 1 of Xav-Verse] [Completed] by Xavier5(m): 9:21am On Dec 15, 2021
Please for those of you that bought the book on Amazon or Okadabooks, please;

1.) Do ensure you drop a review on those platforms
2.) Follow me on those platforms
3.) If it's worth it, check out my other books, Classic and Keeping Up With The Chukwumas

And also don't forget the "most engaging member of the thread for the month" contest is ongoing and the reward is a free PDF copy of this story. Ensure you take part by commenting, liking and sharing the story, referring others to this story and taking part in the discussions/ debates going on in the thread.

Thanksy

Love ya.

#Xavier

1 Like

Re: The Bridge (18+) [Book 1 of Xav-Verse] [Completed] by Xavier5(m): 9:24am On Dec 15, 2021
You can get the book, that's if it's worth your money, on Okadabooks and Amazon. You can get them via;

OKADABOOKS: https://okadabooks.com/book/about/the_bridge/45491

AMAZON:
1.) Page Link: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B09MJN9815/ref=dbs_a_def_rwt_hsch_vapi_tkin_p1_i0
2.) ASIN (Amazon Book Code): B09MJN9815
Use the ASIN to easily search for the book on Amazon.

My Okadabooks Author Page link:
https://okadabooks.com/user/Xavier5

My Amazon author page link
https://www.amazon.com/-/e/B09MKK7SQY?ref_=pe_1724030_132998070

Please do ensure you follow me on those platforms and also leave your review there.

#Xavier

1 Like

Re: The Bridge (18+) [Book 1 of Xav-Verse] [Completed] by froze6(m): 9:51am On Dec 15, 2021
Xavier5:
V

#Xavier
� � �

1 Like

Re: The Bridge (18+) [Book 1 of Xav-Verse] [Completed] by jullyrosy(f): 11:14am On Dec 15, 2021
Xavier5:

#Xavier

Getting more interesting. ..
Keep d fire burning xavier

1 Like

Re: The Bridge (18+) [Book 1 of Xav-Verse] [Completed] by lhawarl1(m): 7:36pm On Dec 15, 2021
Xavier5:
Now the topic for discussion:
What do you think of the strange man's words and why do you think so?
Let the answers start pouring in.
#Xavier
I think the man said too much, i just had to scroll through it, There be better explanation for the mysterious jehovah witness.. I'm still following..

1 Like

Re: The Bridge (18+) [Book 1 of Xav-Verse] [Completed] by Xavier5(m): 7:46pm On Dec 15, 2021
lhawarl1:

I think the man said too much, i just had to scroll through it,
There be better explanation for the mysterious jehovah witness..
I'm still following..

Jehovah witness grin grin grin grin grin, I'll advise you read it because every detail in this, in all my stories are all vital. If you skip them, you might get lost later on.

Every detail matters, they're part of the story

#Xavier

Re: The Bridge (18+) [Book 1 of Xav-Verse] [Completed] by Carterj007(m): 5:11am On Dec 16, 2021
Guy you finish work for this episode.
The man just defined everything about relationship issues. It's left for us to choose our path.
This is what most people fail to do or observe before venturing into a relationship.
Xavier kudos my man.

My boo @jullyrosy

1 Like

Re: The Bridge (18+) [Book 1 of Xav-Verse] [Completed] by Xavier5(m): 7:17am On Dec 16, 2021
Carterj007:
Guy you finish work for this episode.
The man just defined everything about relationship issues. It's left for us to choose our path.
This is what most people fail to do or observe before venturing into a relationship.
Xavier kudos my man.

My boo @jullyrosy

Exactly, the choice or choices are entirely in our hands. Let's see what Richard will do about that. That will be tomorrow and Monday.

Btw, thanks

#Xavier

1 Like

Re: The Bridge (18+) [Book 1 of Xav-Verse] [Completed] by Xavier5(m): 7:24am On Dec 16, 2021
Lovelies, I want to let you know that by Monday, Tuesday or Wednesday, the winner of this month's "Most engaging member of the thread" will be announced. Someone is about to get a free PDF copy of the book.

Btw, Update drops tomorrow

1 Like

Re: The Bridge (18+) [Book 1 of Xav-Verse] [Completed] by Honsky00(m): 8:35pm On Dec 16, 2021
nice piece of work...
The right partner and relationship knowledge..... Wisdom oo

1 Like

Re: The Bridge (18+) [Book 1 of Xav-Verse] [Completed] by froze6(m): 11:12pm On Dec 16, 2021
Xavier5:
Lovelies, I want to let you know that by Monday, Tuesday or Wednesday, the winner of this month's "Most engaging member of the thread" will be announced. Someone is about to get a free PDF copy of the book.

Btw, Update drops tomorrow
ok

1 Like

Re: The Bridge (18+) [Book 1 of Xav-Verse] [Completed] by Xavier5(m): 2:24am On Dec 17, 2021
Honsky00:
nice piece of work...

The right partner and relationship knowledge..... Wisdom oo

Thanks. Welcome on board

Re: The Bridge (18+) [Book 1 of Xav-Verse] [Completed] by Xavier5(m): 2:31am On Dec 17, 2021
CHAPTER TEN

Give one reason, just one reason why he shouldn't believe this was Angela's doing. Knowing that he's praying for confirmation concerning their relationship, she planted this agent of hers to persuade him so that he will think it's a confirmation from God, he reasoned, but wait a minute, the wisdom oozing out of him were immense, too immense to be from an agent but that doesn't wipe out such possibility, it's just or may just be a case of hiring a smart person to do the job, but the antics of the strange man was non agent like. If he were to be an agent, he would have persuaded him to date Angela but he didn't, rather, he talked about other things and non persuadingly talked about Angela's case. He gave him the task of searching within him, search of inner peace, joy and conviction for the answer to his predicament. That isn't agent like.

Talking about inner peace, joy and conviction, it seems those are his experiences, scratch that, those are his experiences. Whenever he makes the decision of not dating Angela, deep within, he experiences inner turmoil, restlessness and opposition but on the contrary, the opposite is the case. Whenever such occurs, he do pass them off as mere emotional feelings, well, now he knows better, that was after he read the 'How To Hear From God' book by Joyce Meyer but he didn't want to run into hasty conclusion, he had to wait for confirmation or further confirmation for conviction which the strange man did, probably.

Angela as a person meets all the requirements of the natural way including genetic compatibility, how does he know about the case of genetic compatibility? Well, they're friends, close friends, such has been revealed although with Angela as the architect. But all this could still be manipulations, what if the man as an agent knew of his feelings for Angela decided to use that method on him? Well that doesn't count. Loving someone doesn't equate to having inner peace, joy and conviction when it comes to dating them. You can love someone but don't feel peace, joy and conviction within dating them, cases like this occurs. So the agent thing isn't plausible. If this isn't an agent, what is it then? God speaks through the most common means possible, means that will and is been passed of as common natural phenomena, coincidence, occurrence and chance including through other people or even a human form or messenger. Inner peace, joy and conviction. Could this be God's answer to his prayers?

"Yes!!!!!" He exclaimed very loud with so much joy and energy, folding his fist and tilting his elbow downwards. Now he knows what to do.

#Xavier
#TheBridge
#Xav-Verse
#TheOrganization

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Bridge (18+) [Book 1 of Xav-Verse] [Completed] by Xavier5(m): 2:38am On Dec 17, 2021
That's it folks for the week. Till Monday.

Don't forget the winner of the "most engaging member of the thread" contest will be announced next week. Someone is about to receive a free PDF copy of the book wink wink wink. It's not too late to participate.

Please keep the comments, likes, shares, referrals and most importantly the book purchase wink cheesy grin cool tongue coming.

For those that have purchase the book from Okadabooks and Amazon, thanks a lot, you guys are the best, MUAHHHHHHH kiss kiss kiss. But please don't forget to drop a review and follow me on those platforms and more importantly, PLEASE, DON'T DROP SPOILERS

Thanks Guys,

Love Ya.

#Xavier

1 Like

Re: The Bridge (18+) [Book 1 of Xav-Verse] [Completed] by Carterj007(m): 5:30am On Dec 17, 2021
Thanks man. But this update is short sha grin

1 Like

Re: The Bridge (18+) [Book 1 of Xav-Verse] [Completed] by froze6(m): 7:22am On Dec 17, 2021
Update don drop �

1 Like

Re: The Bridge (18+) [Book 1 of Xav-Verse] [Completed] by tomic1(m): 9:10am On Dec 17, 2021
Thanks for the dedication
Nice updates. Never disappointing.
The strange man dissected relationship intricacies so well. I don't think he is an agent of Angela as may be perceived by some, but again, how did he get to know of Angela's name and Richard as well? Don't you think this is more than a mere coincidence, or could it be some supernatural confirmation? Well only time will tell as you unfold the continuing chapters. More wisdom op.
Welldone

1 Like

Re: The Bridge (18+) [Book 1 of Xav-Verse] [Completed] by tomic1(m): 9:16am On Dec 17, 2021
"YES!!!!!", he exclaimed very loud with so much joy and energy, folding his fist and tilting his elbows downwards. Now he knows what to do.

#Xavier
#The_Bridge[/quote]

Xavier this update short o, infact na continuation of chapter 2. U for give us fresh chapter as update for today na. How u see am?

1 Like

Re: The Bridge (18+) [Book 1 of Xav-Verse] [Completed] by lhawarl1(m): 10:09am On Dec 17, 2021
tomic1:
"

Xavier this update short o, infact na continuation of chapter 2. U for give us fresh chapter as update for today na. How u see am?
seconded

1 Like

Re: The Bridge (18+) [Book 1 of Xav-Verse] [Completed] by Honsky00(m): 10:26am On Dec 17, 2021
tomic1:

lhawarl1:
seconded
tomic1:

Thirded
Re: The Bridge (18+) [Book 1 of Xav-Verse] [Completed] by jullyrosy(f): 10:27am On Dec 17, 2021
Xavier d update Is short o

1 Like

Re: The Bridge (18+) [Book 1 of Xav-Verse] [Completed] by jullyrosy(f): 10:28am On Dec 17, 2021
jullyrosy:
Xavier d update Is short o

Do something oooo, u know we av 2 stay 2days b4 the next update. ..

1 Like

Re: The Bridge (18+) [Book 1 of Xav-Verse] [Completed] by dawno2008(m): 10:51am On Dec 17, 2021
Nice story here, @xavier you're doing a wow job with this write up.....

Back to the strange man's input, well, it really deep and inspiring,and very aptly put,no sign of trying to forcefully planting a notion,just giving simple and deep advise.

But wait a minute, wasn't he dreaming? shocked

1 Like

Re: The Bridge (18+) [Book 1 of Xav-Verse] [Completed] by zeedrous: 12:44pm On Dec 17, 2021
Nice story

1 Like

Re: The Bridge (18+) [Book 1 of Xav-Verse] [Completed] by Xavier5(m): 3:14pm On Dec 17, 2021
Carterj007, tomic1, Jullyrosy, Honsky00

Wahala shocked shocked shocked grin grin grin lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed embarassed embarassed embarassed

Re: The Bridge (18+) [Book 1 of Xav-Verse] [Completed] by Xavier5(m): 3:15pm On Dec 17, 2021
dawno2008:
Nice story here, @xavier you're doing a wow job with this write up.....

Back to the strange man's input, well, it really deep and inspiring,and very aptly put,no sign of trying to forcefully planting a notion,just giving simple and deep advise.

But wait a minute, wasn't he dreaming? shocked

Nope, live and direct

Re: The Bridge (18+) [Book 1 of Xav-Verse] [Completed] by Xavier5(m): 3:16pm On Dec 17, 2021
zeedrous:
Nice story

Thanks man, welcome on board the XAV CARRIER.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (16) (Reply)

Living With My Grandma (18+) / Chimamanda Adichie And Oprah Winfrey Meet In London (Photos) / What Is The Best Story You Have Read On Nairaland?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.