Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,908 members, 7,802,952 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 05:05 AM

Dowen College Mourns Late Sylvester Oromoni's Death (Read Full Statement) - Education (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Dowen College Mourns Late Sylvester Oromoni's Death (Read Full Statement) (38126 Views)

Late Sylvester Oromoni's Candle Light Procession Held By Ijaw Indigenes (Photos) / Police Arrest 3 Dowen School Students Over Sylvester Oromoni’s Death / Sylvester Oromoni: Video Of Dowen College Student In Pains Before He Died (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Dowen College Mourns Late Sylvester Oromoni's Death (Read Full Statement) by grandstar(m): 12:29pm On Dec 05, 2021
FIFApresident1:
This school appears to be a reputable school with what I read online about them, one of the best school in Lagos state..

I really do hope they can bounce back, but sadly the hungry Nigerian media sphere has done a really great damage to the image of the school (beyond repair)

Yes, the school loose guide big time, but the recent development surrounding this issue is needless, I mean, stuffs like, revealing the owner of the school with bad captions.... Is that going to change anything?
The school management didn't notice this small loopholes, we can't blame them, cultism is strange in Luxury private colleges.

May the soul of the young promising boy continue to rest in peace.

What good school? They were trying to cover up the death of the boy until they were exposed.

Anyway, the inpunity that the influential and powerful wield in the country may have informed their decision. What if the parents of the killers are powerful? That can have consequences to the school management if their wards pay the price.

.They might have made it quiet as such a tradegy may cost it lots of students as frightened parents yank out their children for fear the same thing happen to them.

2 Likes

Re: Dowen College Mourns Late Sylvester Oromoni's Death (Read Full Statement) by Omoluabi16(m): 12:32pm On Dec 05, 2021
bcomputer101:
Wike my governor.

If to say Dowen College happens to be in Portharcourt ni, Wike for don go there with bulldozer the following day to bring down the whole building.
No time for nonsense.
Some of you just like to destroy destroy..no be say Una sabi build. Wike is learned and will destroy zilch. Put your emotions in check young man.

1 Like

Re: Dowen College Mourns Late Sylvester Oromoni's Death (Read Full Statement) by janejive(f): 12:34pm On Dec 05, 2021
The school has never mentioned bringing the perpetuators to book. They are just speaking big grammar.

1 Like

Re: Dowen College Mourns Late Sylvester Oromoni's Death (Read Full Statement) by KingOdart(m): 12:35pm On Dec 05, 2021
Mynd44:

There is a process to doing things.

Just because you are a Nairaland mod doesn't mean you have sense, ban me I don't care

Yes there is a process to doing things, I heard the guy called out the name of the perpetrators before he died, why can't the school hand them over to the police for investigation first as part of the process?

You see something good in this damage control attempt.

1 Like

Re: Dowen College Mourns Late Sylvester Oromoni's Death (Read Full Statement) by Youngmolis: 12:39pm On Dec 05, 2021
Rip to the decrease
Re: Dowen College Mourns Late Sylvester Oromoni's Death (Read Full Statement) by Saintsquare(m): 12:40pm On Dec 05, 2021
floss:

Two things are involved infact 3 things if I'm not mistaking for normalcy to be restored;
1. Invite the culprits and their parents to wake the dead child from the dead
2. Allowing the full wrath of the law to take its course by charging the culprits, their parents and the school accordingly as within the Constitution.
3. Allowing the family of the deceased to practice Moses concept of "an eye for an eye", this will balance the whole equation especially with full government support.

Anything far from the above is just like pouring water into a basket and hoping it gets full.

I strongly agree with you, the matter should not be treated with man-know-man.
Re: Dowen College Mourns Late Sylvester Oromoni's Death (Read Full Statement) by paskal16: 12:43pm On Dec 05, 2021
FIFApresident1:
This school appears to be a reputable school with what I read online about them, one of the best school in Lagos state..

I really do hope they can bounce back, but sadly the hungry Nigerian media sphere has done a really great damage to the image of the school (beyond repair)

Yes, the school loose guide big time, but the recent development surrounding this issue is needless, I mean, stuffs like, revealing the owner of the school with bad captions.... Is that going to change anything?
The school management didn't notice this small loopholes, we can't blame them, cultism is strange in Luxury private colleges.

after the purported school came out to say his injuries were football inflicted
I pray they go down for good..for covering this act of brutality
If it was your child would you take it lightly? idiot
Re: Dowen College Mourns Late Sylvester Oromoni's Death (Read Full Statement) by Prenonjebose: 12:45pm On Dec 05, 2021
Landmack:

Yes. An intuitive Nairalander here stated that the authorities first release on the possible cause of his death could be based on what Sylvester was threatened to say by his bullies. And so the authorities took that for the cause not knowing there was more to that
Did the management fail in carrying out a simple investigation of what could have led to such extensive injury to the waist, chest and lips? Who were the persons he played with he got so badly injured? The child tells them what the criminals instructed, yet, they as adult could not see through the fear in the boy. The management is hiding obvious facts. Whatever excuses they proffer, they are still liable.
Re: Dowen College Mourns Late Sylvester Oromoni's Death (Read Full Statement) by kabukabu50(m): 12:51pm On Dec 05, 2021
slawormiir:
Damnnn niggarrrr
Rest in peace to the young niggarrrr

Big lesson to parents.....Teach your children street ruggedity and toughness

Definitely no solutions offered here.
Yikes.
Re: Dowen College Mourns Late Sylvester Oromoni's Death (Read Full Statement) by sammyscholar(m): 12:51pm On Dec 05, 2021
FIFApresident1:

You are a good person. I love everything you wrote. The management only loosened their guards and this cost them a student's life. I trust they will learn from this and put up good measures to curb such occurrences.

Yes, the media is hungry and constantly seeking what and whose stories they can feed on.

May God help us!
Re: Dowen College Mourns Late Sylvester Oromoni's Death (Read Full Statement) by Jman06(m): 12:52pm On Dec 05, 2021
FIFApresident1:

But initially the school constituted themselves jury and judges in the matter and tried to absolve the culprits with the senseless comment that the boy died from injury sustained while playing football Does that speak good of an acclaimed reputable private school?

That attempt by the school to cover up the matter was what drew many people's interest to the matter, so stop typing trash when they get called out. The media is right on this one for helping bring the issue to limelight. Kudos to all the media platforms and even bloggers that have helped to call attention to this matter. You guys deserve accolades on this one!

4 Likes

Re: Dowen College Mourns Late Sylvester Oromoni's Death (Read Full Statement) by Kennedy97: 12:54pm On Dec 05, 2021
Mynd44:

There is a process, that is true but the school deserve this backlash.

How you will a school, place and learning give out that type of stupid statement that a stupid was almost paralyzed from injuries he got playing football?
Re: Dowen College Mourns Late Sylvester Oromoni's Death (Read Full Statement) by ImoleNaija: 12:56pm On Dec 05, 2021
temmypotter:

Shut up! If it was your child, would you say the same thing?

You just spat a whole bunch of useless crap, this was a case of terrible negligence and the school should go down for it. Period! You are defending a school that instead of handing the culprits to the authorities called the parents to come and fly the murderers out of the country in a bid to cover up the crime.

No make me vex this Sunday morning guy

Na you pilot the airplane wey fly them out?

You people just like swallowing gibberish. Dey use your brain once in a while nah.
Re: Dowen College Mourns Late Sylvester Oromoni's Death (Read Full Statement) by gare2510(m): 12:59pm On Dec 05, 2021
Now they have gotten somebody that actually thinks to manage press releases, but for cultism to thrive in the school it means something is fundamentally wrong with the school; Ministry of Education, school authorities and parents must address this.
Re: Dowen College Mourns Late Sylvester Oromoni's Death (Read Full Statement) by rosamaris: 12:59pm On Dec 05, 2021
FIFApresident1:

Na wa for you ooo. A young promising child just got killed in this school and all you care about is the reputation of the school. If the school cared so much about their reputation like you do, they should have put every necessary measure in place to secure the lives of the children entrusted to their care. Show some sympathy for the parents of this child please sir. This is so painful.

1 Like

Re: Dowen College Mourns Late Sylvester Oromoni's Death (Read Full Statement) by ImoleNaija: 1:02pm On Dec 05, 2021
KingOdart:
Just because you are a Nairaland mod doesn't mean you have sense, ban me I don't care

Yes there is a process to doing things, I heard the guy called out the name of the perpetrators before he died, why can't the school hand them over to the police for investigation first as part of the process?

You see something good in this damage control attempt.

I don't know why you people just like to argue emotionally. Whatever you say holds no water until the law of the land decides.
Re: Dowen College Mourns Late Sylvester Oromoni's Death (Read Full Statement) by Nobody: 1:02pm On Dec 05, 2021
They should just keep quiet. Why hasn't the principal been arrested?
Re: Dowen College Mourns Late Sylvester Oromoni's Death (Read Full Statement) by Drefaithful(m): 1:05pm On Dec 05, 2021
This is a campaign after election, the school authority goofed Big time.

Under no circumstances you don't need to tell lies to the parents of your students.
It's on record ab initio, that when the parent inquired about what happened, the school authority said that, he sustained injury whilst playing football.
Re: Dowen College Mourns Late Sylvester Oromoni's Death (Read Full Statement) by Thanos5555: 1:06pm On Dec 05, 2021
FIFApresident1:

Brother am sure you are the principal of that school, the management of the school was informed of the situation with Sylvester a term before that, they didn't address the students, all because they are paying millions in school fees and cant decide to make any of the students sad or unhappy, combined with the fact that the teachers are poor with poor mentality
Re: Dowen College Mourns Late Sylvester Oromoni's Death (Read Full Statement) by Help2020: 1:07pm On Dec 05, 2021
FIFApresident1:

Why did they lied that the boy sustained injury while playing football?
Re: Dowen College Mourns Late Sylvester Oromoni's Death (Read Full Statement) by Maroghene(m): 1:11pm On Dec 05, 2021
I pray this doesn't cause a problem here in Delta State. Hearing that Temile's son was part of the boys that caused Sly's death has created a bad blood amongst the Ijaws and Itsekiri's. Interestingly Sly is a prince as his Uncle is the present King of Ogbe-Ijoh and this news could add up to the pre-existing problem btw the Ijaws and Itsekiri's.

1 Like

Re: Dowen College Mourns Late Sylvester Oromoni's Death (Read Full Statement) by ArcSEMPECJ(m): 1:14pm On Dec 05, 2021
slawormiir:
Damnnn niggarrrr
Rest in peace to the young niggarrrr

Big lesson to parents.....Teach your children street ruggedity and toughness

That's what the killers where thought by the parents and they came practising it on the poor guy.....

I think there is much uncovered news about the boy , and about the killers too.... damnnnnigga
Re: Dowen College Mourns Late Sylvester Oromoni's Death (Read Full Statement) by FRANKOSKI(m): 1:18pm On Dec 05, 2021
WHAT IS WRITTEN IS WRITTEN. Rest in peace young fella.
Re: Dowen College Mourns Late Sylvester Oromoni's Death (Read Full Statement) by Landmack: 1:18pm On Dec 05, 2021
ShaqFu:
The screenshot is from where? And why is there no date?

Twitter

Frm his cousins wall
Re: Dowen College Mourns Late Sylvester Oromoni's Death (Read Full Statement) by Benrosaria(m): 1:20pm On Dec 05, 2021
EBMedia:

We commiserate with the Oromoni family, and the students of Dowen College who have lost a friend and a fellow student.

https://www.instagram.com/p/CXGD25Vs1sr/?utm_source=ig_web_copy_link

So he is a friend to his family ?
Re: Dowen College Mourns Late Sylvester Oromoni's Death (Read Full Statement) by ArcSEMPECJ(m): 1:22pm On Dec 05, 2021
Does it mean the Secondary School breeds cultists?
If so, then what is the job of the Domitory Masters living close to the students

For such a child to receive such beating, something else must have cropped in, and no teacher was able to detect such or even a teacher he was handed to take care of him

The whole blame goes to the school for neglecting the welfare of the students and fishing out any nefarious activities going on the school...

Those boys that killed him can't in any way do that ordinarily, they must have smoked Indian hemp, with a dose of Alcohol....or even meth....
Let the school provide the killers , and charge them to court immediately....
Must everybody learn from Sai baba about insecurity
Re: Dowen College Mourns Late Sylvester Oromoni's Death (Read Full Statement) by PoliteActivist: 1:23pm On Dec 05, 2021
nnamdiosu:
Yet nothing said about the killers.
All this is a diplomatic talk that still says nothing about bring the killers to book.
It's well.

Gbamsolutely!
Here are the criminals:
JOSEPH BENJAMIN
MICHAEL KASHAMI
ANSLEM TEMILE
And two others

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Dowen College Mourns Late Sylvester Oromoni's Death (Read Full Statement) by VeeVeeMyLuv(m): 1:27pm On Dec 05, 2021
FIFApresident1:

Reputable? What are you saying?
People that were denying it never happened! shocked

Those Daddies and Mummies had better withdraw their kids from there

Otherwise and unless they are joints heirs with the devil in his satanic kingdom.
Re: Dowen College Mourns Late Sylvester Oromoni's Death (Read Full Statement) by NigeriaEngineer(m): 1:33pm On Dec 05, 2021
They dont care. They are just branding their names.
EBMedia:
Dowen College, Lekki, Lagos has released a statement on the death of Sylvester Oromoni, a class 2 student of the school who died from injuries he sustained after he was allegedly assaulted by schoolmates, IgbereTV reports.

The school released a statement dated 4th December 2021. It reads;

Re: Dowen College Mourns Late Sylvester Oromoni's Death (Read Full Statement) by BigBashiru: 1:33pm On Dec 05, 2021
EBMedia:
Dowen College, Lekki, Lagos has released a statement on the death of Sylvester Oromoni, a class 2 student of the school who died from injuries he sustained after he was allegedly assaulted by schoolmates, IgbereTV reports.

The school released a statement dated 4th December 2021. It reads;

After first trying to protect your reputation first and foremost.
Re: Dowen College Mourns Late Sylvester Oromoni's Death (Read Full Statement) by Naijaolosho2: 1:34pm On Dec 05, 2021
Mynd44:

A process indeed,let's see if it wouldn't be swept under the rug. Nothing is working in this hellhole of a country.
So sad how the rich also fall victims.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

The Shocking Maths Many People Failed In An Exam Hall / LECTURER: Sleep With Me Or You Won't Graduate. / ABU Medical School Graduating Doctors - Breathtaking Pictures

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.