Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,899 members, 7,806,627 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 07:20 PM

Orji Uzor Kalu Marks 2nd Anniversary Of His Incarceration In Kuje Prison - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Orji Uzor Kalu Marks 2nd Anniversary Of His Incarceration In Kuje Prison (16873 Views)

Bianca Ojukwu Stuns At Soludo’s 2nd Anniversary And Slap Saga Event (pictures) / Uzodinma Marks 2nd Anniversary Of His Declaration As Governor By Supreme Court / El-Zakzaky, Wife Released From Kaduna Prison After 5-Year Incarceration (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Orji Uzor Kalu Marks 2nd Anniversary Of His Incarceration In Kuje Prison by EBMedia: 11:11am On Dec 05, 2021
Orji Uzor Kalu Marks 2nd Anniversary Of His Incarceration In Kuje Prison (Throwback Photo)

Former Abia state governor, Senator Orji Uzor Kalu, took to his Facebook page to celebrate the second year anniversary of his incarceration at the Nigerian Correctional center in Kuje, Abuja, IgbereTV reports.

IgbereTV recalls that in December 2019, the former Abia state governor was sentenced to 12 years in prison after he was convicted of N7.1bn fraud alongside his firm, Slok Nigeria Limited, and a former Director of Finance during his tenure, Ugo Udeogu.

The Supreme court on May 8, 2020, then nullified Kalu and Udeogo's conviction on grounds that the presiding judge, Justice Mohammed Idris, lacked the jurisdiction to have presided over their case.

In June 2020, Kalu was released from Kuje prison.

In a post shared on his Facebook page this morning, Kalu recounted his experience in prison. He stated that he was incarcerated for a crime he never committed. Kalu pointed out that he was a successful businessman before he joined politics.

He stressed that while he was governor, he did all his best to move the state forward.

His post read;

''Kuje: Two Years After

Today is the second anniversary of my incarceration at the Nigerian Correctional Service Medial Security Custodial Centre, Kuje, Abuja. I was imprisoned for an offence I never committed. Despite all the witnesses rescuing themselves, I was pronounced guilty of 39 charges out of the 39 concocted charges leveled against me. What magic! In 1998, I used my money to fund the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP), my former party and individuals. I built several businesses and I left more than $4 billion balance sheet before venturing into politics.

Today, those who have done no business or multiplied any money parade themselves as holy saints whereas those who have worked hard and multiplied money are expected to be penniless. I am not a saint and should not be judged as one. I didn't start life as a politician. I am a businessman ; a capitalist with human face.

When I was governor 14 years ago, I served Abia with my conscience and left a prosperous and popular state. I provided security, free education, infrastructure, built hospitals, and never owed salaries or pensions. I created the enabling environment for business growth, encouraged and supported many businesses, and also grew sports. After I left office as Governor in 2007, I stayed out of power for 12 years and only became a Senator in 2019. The beauty of constitutional democracy is term limit and at all times, the government is a continuum.

Today, my performance as governor is also being replicated as a Senator.

Aside from reconstruction of schools, material empowerment, medical outreach, job offers, I have completed more than 31 rural roads in Abia North and looking forward to others to be completed soon.

My dear friends and compatriots, I am grateful to God for the six months I spent in Kuje; He sanctioned it. God knows I fear no one except Him. Those who conspired against me wanted me buried at all cost, but like the biblical Job, there is a sense in which God allowed those temporary and tragic events to happen to Job. My perception of life changed after the six months of incarceration - life is vanity. I did not just learn a lot of lessons, I became a reformed and better man. I was very impacted by what happened to me. More than ever, I have relearnt that kindness and forgiveness are what should rule the world, not wickedness. I have since forgiven all the people that were instrumental to my ordeal. I forgive them because they probably did not know what they were doing.

I recall that on the first night I slept in the prison, I was questioning God. On the third day, God told me He allowed me to be imprisoned for a purpose and for a short time. I vividly recall I was scheduled to be in Wuhan, China on December 9, 2019, but my incarceration halted my journey.

For some, my imprisonment may have meant different things to them; but for me, my family, friends, business and political associates, supporters, as well as well-wishers, it was destiny at play. Those who knew me early in life will bear witness that I am a child of grace and destiny. When I was a Student Union President at the University of Maiduguri, my activism led to my suspension and some of my executives from the school. Even though the school recalled me, I refused to return because my executives were not included. My life has been that of testimony.

For all my friends and colleagues sitting in the upper and lower echelons who stood by me and the people of Abia North during the trying period, I remain very grateful. Throughout the six months, I ate once a day . I am so much grateful to my lovely wife for her timely delivery of the food . Her love, care, patience , prayers and endurance kept me strong . I also thank my dear mother for her prayers and motherly concern which must have caused her so much trauma. God will continue to bless the two women in my life .

My special thanks and appreciation goes to the President of the Senate, Senator Ahmad Ibrahim Lawan for his loyalty to friendship. God will bless him and his family

My profound gratitude also goes to Senator Ibikunle Amosun , Senator Kashim shettima and Senator Sani Musa and a host of others too numerous to mention. May God show you love always.

The hatred, jealousy, betrayal, greed, bitterness in this country is enormous and terrible. People will just hate, curse, and envy you because you are successful, without considering how much hard work, energy, endurance, and patience you have expended in building businesses and your life.

How I so much wish for love and empathy in this country.

How I wish we can embrace and love each other.

How I wish people could be more loving and considerate towards their neighbours with zero sentiments of tribe and language.

How I wish people can have respect for human lives. I hope that with God on our side, our dreams will someday come true.

#OUK
#keepHopeAlive"
https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=436076924559095&id=100044703721568

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Orji Uzor Kalu Marks 2nd Anniversary Of His Incarceration In Kuje Prison by Solsix(m): 11:40am On Dec 05, 2021
Ouk ask us to do something on Facebook we did and he is yet to credit me as promised, can call his attention??

8 Likes

Re: Orji Uzor Kalu Marks 2nd Anniversary Of His Incarceration In Kuje Prison by headSmasher: 11:41am On Dec 05, 2021
This is the convict baby factory criminals and drug traffickers are positioning for president, na court case to destroy the criminal.

19 Likes 1 Share

Re: Orji Uzor Kalu Marks 2nd Anniversary Of His Incarceration In Kuje Prison by Nobody: 12:07pm On Dec 05, 2021
cool Hope OUK would send New pairs of clothes, shoes, Mattress , turkey , Nigeria Jollof rice with Chilled malt to the inmate this Christmas... so I can talk to one of my alleged father President Buhari to tell Efcc to find a economic solution to your case if they still have any serious evidence... after all it is still an allegation against you. ... Kuje gradually beating Ikoyi with VIP inmates.
Re: Orji Uzor Kalu Marks 2nd Anniversary Of His Incarceration In Kuje Prison by Moferere: 12:22pm On Dec 05, 2021
This ex convict trying endlessly to defend himself undecided

19 Likes

Re: Orji Uzor Kalu Marks 2nd Anniversary Of His Incarceration In Kuje Prison by Ekpeitit(m): 12:29pm On Dec 05, 2021
The thief is going back there.

3 Likes

Re: Orji Uzor Kalu Marks 2nd Anniversary Of His Incarceration In Kuje Prison by Vistra40: 12:41pm On Dec 05, 2021
Moferere:
This ex convict trying endlessly to defend himself undecided

Despite the fraud he committed as a governor, he is not an ex convict because his conviction was quashed by the court. You get the point now?

5 Likes

Re: Orji Uzor Kalu Marks 2nd Anniversary Of His Incarceration In Kuje Prison by BigSarah(f): 12:47pm On Dec 05, 2021
Typical Nigerian Politician
Re: Orji Uzor Kalu Marks 2nd Anniversary Of His Incarceration In Kuje Prison by NwaNimo1(m): 4:16pm On Dec 05, 2021

8 Likes

Re: Orji Uzor Kalu Marks 2nd Anniversary Of His Incarceration In Kuje Prison by GboyegaD(m): 4:16pm On Dec 05, 2021
Trying to understand why this is necessary. There's no need trying to justify if he did well while in office as his works should speak for him.
Re: Orji Uzor Kalu Marks 2nd Anniversary Of His Incarceration In Kuje Prison by paskal16: 4:17pm On Dec 05, 2021
Thief

How did he get off prison sef
Was it presidential pardon?
Re: Orji Uzor Kalu Marks 2nd Anniversary Of His Incarceration In Kuje Prison by Overrated833(m): 4:17pm On Dec 05, 2021
Nice
Re: Orji Uzor Kalu Marks 2nd Anniversary Of His Incarceration In Kuje Prison by Nobody: 4:17pm On Dec 05, 2021
It is well
Re: Orji Uzor Kalu Marks 2nd Anniversary Of His Incarceration In Kuje Prison by Mikelarteta(m): 4:17pm On Dec 05, 2021
Maybe the guy for just Dey there instead of this rubbish him Dey spew out now.

1 Like

Re: Orji Uzor Kalu Marks 2nd Anniversary Of His Incarceration In Kuje Prison by Atiwaye: 4:17pm On Dec 05, 2021
Buhari is a bastard for allow this man to leave prison.

2 Likes

Re: Orji Uzor Kalu Marks 2nd Anniversary Of His Incarceration In Kuje Prison by IKBARUTEN11(m): 4:17pm On Dec 05, 2021
OUK is one of the hardened criminals from Abia. OUk, Theodore Orji and Ikpeazu have looted the destiny of Abians

In saner country, OUK instead of counting his 2nd year of incarceration from a prison, Should be deducting a year from his prison sentence

6 Likes

Re: Orji Uzor Kalu Marks 2nd Anniversary Of His Incarceration In Kuje Prison by foreshore(m): 4:17pm On Dec 05, 2021
EBMedia:
Orji Uzor Kalu Marks 2nd Anniversary Of His Incarceration In Kuje Prison (Throwback Photo)

Former Abia state governor, Senator Orji Uzor Kalu, took to his Facebook page to celebrate the second year anniversary of his incarceration at the Nigerian Correctional center in Kuje, Abuja, IgbereTV reports.

IgbereTV recalls that in December 2019, the former Abia state governor was sentenced to 12 years in prison after he was convicted of N7.1bn fraud alongside his firm, Slok Nigeria Limited, and a former Director of Finance during his tenure, Ugo Udeogu.

The Supreme court on May 8, 2020, then nullified Kalu and Udeogo's conviction on grounds that the presiding judge, Justice Mohammed Idris, lacked the jurisdiction to have presided over their case.

In June 2020, Kalu was released from Kuje prison.

In a post shared on his Facebook page this morning, Kalu recounted his experience in prison. He stated that he was incarcerated for a crime he never committed. Kalu pointed out that he was a successful businessman before he joined politics.

He stressed that while he was governor, he did all his best to move the state forward.

His post read;

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=436076924559095&id=100044703721568

A P C - Association of Present Criminals

1 Like

Re: Orji Uzor Kalu Marks 2nd Anniversary Of His Incarceration In Kuje Prison by Nicklaus619(m): 4:18pm On Dec 05, 2021
When that one become achievement? angry
Re: Orji Uzor Kalu Marks 2nd Anniversary Of His Incarceration In Kuje Prison by visijo(m): 4:19pm On Dec 05, 2021
Wear Long Skirt You No Gree, Now You Wan Climb Bike You Dey Look Me.
If I Comot My Eye Make I Bend�

14 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Orji Uzor Kalu Marks 2nd Anniversary Of His Incarceration In Kuje Prison by Mikelarteta(m): 4:19pm On Dec 05, 2021
IKBARUTEN11:
A
For Apple
Re: Orji Uzor Kalu Marks 2nd Anniversary Of His Incarceration In Kuje Prison by ObaOfEsan: 4:20pm On Dec 05, 2021
undecided
Re: Orji Uzor Kalu Marks 2nd Anniversary Of His Incarceration In Kuje Prison by Nobody: 4:21pm On Dec 05, 2021
Corrupt politician, sue me for false accusation
Re: Orji Uzor Kalu Marks 2nd Anniversary Of His Incarceration In Kuje Prison by Abujason: 4:21pm On Dec 05, 2021
grin grin grin

Our next president in waiting.

He can’t do worse the the current, most corrupt and most incompetent president in Nigerian history.
Re: Orji Uzor Kalu Marks 2nd Anniversary Of His Incarceration In Kuje Prison by jrusky(m): 4:22pm On Dec 05, 2021
Another silly jab. Nothing you will not hear in Nigeria. Imagine a serial looter celebrating imprisonment for looting.

This is someone that should have be executed if it is in China but here we are marking prison term which still hanging on his neck moreso he is still in dirty water of fake certificate yet no shame mofo flexing prison jamboree and that is some people presidential hope bah

2 Likes

Re: Orji Uzor Kalu Marks 2nd Anniversary Of His Incarceration In Kuje Prison by Abujason: 4:23pm On Dec 05, 2021
foreshore:

A P C - Association of Present Criminals

An APC party just informed me now that it means Association of Past Criminals. They wan send Malamumu and EFCC to arrest you for not saying it right.

2 Likes

Re: Orji Uzor Kalu Marks 2nd Anniversary Of His Incarceration In Kuje Prison by itsme01: 4:24pm On Dec 05, 2021
Brain resetting moment
Re: Orji Uzor Kalu Marks 2nd Anniversary Of His Incarceration In Kuje Prison by Vlibray: 4:25pm On Dec 05, 2021
you are a thief sir
Re: Orji Uzor Kalu Marks 2nd Anniversary Of His Incarceration In Kuje Prison by Authoreety: 4:26pm On Dec 05, 2021
https://vimeovideo.net/5041899409305197/ sign up to get a 10 US Dollar newcomer bonus!I made more than 200 US Dollars by watching the video here, so you can try it.
Re: Orji Uzor Kalu Marks 2nd Anniversary Of His Incarceration In Kuje Prison by aviara: 4:26pm On Dec 05, 2021
Can anybody see that the branding and packaging of Orji Uzor Kalu as started as the next president of Nigeria

1 Like

Re: Orji Uzor Kalu Marks 2nd Anniversary Of His Incarceration In Kuje Prison by Hallabee1(m): 4:26pm On Dec 05, 2021
Aje...

and you guys believe this man is in prison with the way he look

(1) (2) (Reply)

Media Consultant Sues Alison-madueke For Illegally Using His Name To Attack OBJ / NAF Video: "We Didn't Kill Chibok Girls" / Patience Jonathan Made Her Money From Gift And Gratification, IYC Tells EFCC

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.