Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,439 members, 7,808,573 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 01:37 PM

Chrstians Speak In Gibberish Language That Sound More Like Incantations. Why? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Chrstians Speak In Gibberish Language That Sound More Like Incantations. Why? (700 Views)

Incantations/spells Are Permitted In Islam / Do People Who Speak In Tongues Fake It Or Understand It? / Ibeji Orisa, Itan, Ebos (sacrifices) And Incantations (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Chrstians Speak In Gibberish Language That Sound More Like Incantations. Why? by Gee64: 11:34am On Dec 05, 2021
The first instance as recorded in the Bible where the Apostles spoke in 'tongues' was on the day of Pentecost and it was clearly stated there that this became necessary because many foreigners who visited Jerusalem for the Passover feast needed to hear the Apostles preach the Gospel.
That was the purpose for the gift at that particular moment to enable the Apostles cater for that need.

What do you see among many self-righteous Christians today? They speak in gibberish language which they think is divine. In my assumptions, I think most of them either make it up or the devil is using such incantations to corrupt God's Message for the redemption of humanity.

I may be right or wrong. But what's your own assumption?
Re: Chrstians Speak In Gibberish Language That Sound More Like Incantations. Why? by Gee64: 11:37am On Dec 05, 2021
Please Moderator, can you move this to Front Page to attract more responses from readers?
Re: Chrstians Speak In Gibberish Language That Sound More Like Incantations. Why? by DropsMic(m): 11:39am On Dec 05, 2021
One of the surest way to recognize a false pastor..
Re: Chrstians Speak In Gibberish Language That Sound More Like Incantations. Why? by Blakjewelry(m): 11:43am On Dec 05, 2021
I think it is plane madness for a man to knowingly speak gibberish all in the name of speaking in tongues
Re: Chrstians Speak In Gibberish Language That Sound More Like Incantations. Why? by Cizarr(m): 12:22pm On Dec 05, 2021
You can't understand since you are not a Christian nor in the spirit. Kindly face how your life would be colorful. Thanks

2 Likes

Re: Chrstians Speak In Gibberish Language That Sound More Like Incantations. Why? by Mystery9(m): 2:41pm On Dec 05, 2021
Come to Jesus, you many will then know what you have been missing wink

1 Like

Re: Chrstians Speak In Gibberish Language That Sound More Like Incantations. Why? by MaxInDHouse(m): 2:57pm On Dec 05, 2021
When people do something and claim it serve the same purpose as what you have heard before, what should first come to your mind?

For instance, you see a person with sewing machine claiming he's a tailor shouldn't such a person present the clothes he has sewn before?
Well the purpose of speaking in tongues in the first century is to take the message Jesus (a first century Jew) delivered to few Jews and ordered them to pass it along until it reached all the earth! Act 1:8
Surely the first obstacle this Jews will encounter is language barrier, that's the reason why the first miracle that happened to the small group is a change in their tongues so that each of them spoke the language of people that visited Jerusalem that day! Act 2:1-4

So the purpose of speaking in tongues (according to what is found written in the Bible) is to pass the information to other people whose tongues differs.
Today Jehovah's Witnesses (Jesus real followers) have gone to all the nations and tongues throughout the earth so there's no language on this planet that you won't find a JW to PREACH and TEACH what Jesus commanded {Matthew 28:19-20} therefore do you still think there's any further need of speaking in tongues? 1Corinthians 13:8-10

God bless you and may you have PEACE!

1 Like

Re: Chrstians Speak In Gibberish Language That Sound More Like Incantations. Why? by Opeyemiextra(f): 5:00pm On Dec 05, 2021
Exactly how do you know it's gibberish? I Tongues is the language of the spirit and it helps us pray according to the will of the father.

1 Like

Re: Chrstians Speak In Gibberish Language That Sound More Like Incantations. Why? by ThinkinFaculty: 5:18pm On Dec 05, 2021
Gee64:

It's gibberish to you since you don't understand. That doesn't mean God doesn't. It's the same way when you hear a German speak and you don't understand German(language) all you hear will be gibberish.

1 Like

Re: Chrstians Speak In Gibberish Language That Sound More Like Incantations. Why? by Kenneth4u205(m): 7:38pm On Dec 05, 2021
Foolish op . We have speaking in tongues and praying in tongues . Both are two different gifts mentioned in the Bible. Op only know speaking in tongues ( which is speaking in another human language). But he doesn't know about praying in tongues ( praying In heavenly language).

1 Like

Re: Chrstians Speak In Gibberish Language That Sound More Like Incantations. Why? by OtemAtum: 7:23am On Dec 06, 2021
Tongue is the nonsense of the Holy Spirit. It doesn't add any value to humanity. It's just noise all along. It doesn't cure, heal or do anything notable to anyone. It is a big scam to humanity.
Re: Chrstians Speak In Gibberish Language That Sound More Like Incantations. Why? by Gee64: 7:51pm On Jan 21, 2022
The world itself is a mystery.
OtemAtum:
Tongue is the nonsense of the Holy Spirit. It doesn't add any value to humanity. It's just noise all along. It doesn't cure, heal or do anything notable to anyone. It is a big scam to humanity.
Re: Chrstians Speak In Gibberish Language That Sound More Like Incantations. Why? by 1Sharon(f): 12:12am On Jan 22, 2022
Opeyemiextra:
Exactly how do you know it's gibberish? I Tongues is the language of the spirit and it helps us pray according to the will of the father.

What is the meaning of what you're saying?
Re: Chrstians Speak In Gibberish Language That Sound More Like Incantations. Why? by 1Sharon(f): 12:13am On Jan 22, 2022
ThinkinFaculty:

It's gibberish to you since you don't understand. That doesn't mean God doesn't. It's the same way when you hear a German speak and you don't understand German(language) all you hear will be gibberish.

Explain the meaning of what you say in tongues.

1 Like

Re: Chrstians Speak In Gibberish Language That Sound More Like Incantations. Why? by Dtruthspeaker: 6:06am On Jan 22, 2022
ThinkinFaculty:

We understand German, Afrikaans and natural languages and we also know gibberish when we hear it.

1 Like

Re: Chrstians Speak In Gibberish Language That Sound More Like Incantations. Why? by haekymbahd(m): 2:36pm On Jan 22, 2022
Dtruthspeaker:

We understand German, Afrikaans and natural languages and we also know gibberish when we hear it.
Are you trying to say you don't speak in tongue?

1 Like

Re: Chrstians Speak In Gibberish Language That Sound More Like Incantations. Why? by Dtruthspeaker: 3:31pm On Jan 22, 2022
haekymbahd:
Are you trying to say you don't speak in tongue?

We all speak in tongues. You are speaking via writing in one right now to wit, the English tongue.

Tongue means Natural Language.
Re: Chrstians Speak In Gibberish Language That Sound More Like Incantations. Why? by ThinkinFaculty: 10:27pm On Jan 22, 2022
Dtruthspeaker:

Read what I said again.
Re: Chrstians Speak In Gibberish Language That Sound More Like Incantations. Why? by Dtruthspeaker: 7:22am On Jan 23, 2022
ThinkinFaculty:

Read what I said again.

I know what you had in mind and my point is we know the difference between a natural language even if it is strange and artificial fabricated one.
Re: Chrstians Speak In Gibberish Language That Sound More Like Incantations. Why? by AntiChristian: 8:10am On Jan 23, 2022
I dey hear those shrababa tons used to cajole others!
All na gibberish!
Re: Chrstians Speak In Gibberish Language That Sound More Like Incantations. Why? by GreatAxeMan: 11:59am On Jan 23, 2022
Don't you know that prophet Sex Award Winner (SAW) used to make animal noises when he was receiving Koranic verses from Satan We Trust (SWT)? Is that not the greatest form of gibberish possible? grin

[img]https://images./7gC6lY6bfiobhZxc4PRLgC.jpg[/img]

AntiChristian:
I dey hear those shrababa tons used to cajole others!
All na gibberish!
Re: Chrstians Speak In Gibberish Language That Sound More Like Incantations. Why? by gentlegenius(m): 12:49pm On Jan 23, 2022
Opeyemiextra:
You can not show me any bible portion that tell you this?
But I know there's a pastor or prophet that made you believe this.
When will you people stop following what your 'men of God' says and start following what your bible says?
Re: Chrstians Speak In Gibberish Language That Sound More Like Incantations. Why? by gentlegenius(m): 12:54pm On Jan 23, 2022
Kenneth4u205:
Foolish op . We have speaking in tongues and praying in tongues . Both are two different gifts mentioned in the Bible. Op only know speaking in tongues ( which is speaking in another human language). But he doesn't know about praying in tongues ( praying In heavenly language).
Pls give me the portion of the Bible that talks about praying in tongues or praying in heavenly language.
I'm waiting...
Re: Chrstians Speak In Gibberish Language That Sound More Like Incantations. Why? by waldigit: 1:14pm On Jan 24, 2022
Gee64:
The first instance as recorded in the Bible where the Apostles spoke in 'tongues' was on the day of Pentecost and it was clearly stated there that this became necessary because many foreigners who visited Jerusalem for the Passover feast needed to hear the Apostles preach the Gospel.
That was the purpose for the gift at that particular moment to enable the Apostles cater for that need.

What do you see among many self-righteous Christians today? They speak in gibberish language which they think is divine. In my assumptions, I think most of them either make it up or the devil is using such incantations to corrupt God's Message for the redemption of humanity.

1 Corinthians 14:14
For if I pray in an unknown tongue, my spirit prayeth, but my understanding is unfruitful.

Praying in an unknown tongue is a well known phenomenon.

(1) (Reply)

Who Do We Believe In This Case: The Almighty Allah Or The Islamic Traditions / Vision Of War 3; Nuclear Destruction Of Cities In America, Russia, Europe And As / A Crowd Of Spirits Follow Me

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.