Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,913 members, 7,806,650 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 07:53 PM

Why Some People Don't Like Helping ... Is This True? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Why Some People Don't Like Helping ... Is This True? (1308 Views)

Why Do Rich Guys Like Helping Only Girls? / Ladies, Name That Thing Men Wear Which You Don't Like. / 'Pretty Girls Don't Like Fine Guys, We Like Ugly Guys Who Dress Nice'- Lady Says (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Some People Don't Like Helping ... Is This True? by kunlesehan(m): 1:24pm On Dec 05, 2021
So this guy kept calling my colleague in my precious office. He needed a job!

Often times, he would come around and then he will seen him off.

After a while, I asked him why he isn’t helping the guy because they looked too good as friends and also there were few openings. He is one of the recruitment head; more than capable of securing him a job even in another offices. There was no substantial reason.

Then, I thought he knew best, reason why he wasn’t helping his friend.

I left the office afterwards, only to see this same guy ‘show up’ in my present office for an interview.

I was so much interested in his stuffs, due to the fact that I know him to have been in search of job since my time in my last office.

When I saw his CV, I realized that he carried the same surname as that of my colleague in my previous office. That made me to ask him questions and he informed me that they were cousins. I was so surprised.

I went ahead assisting my little way and making sure he gets a position with us.

And for all the time he was with us. He was super great before he later traveled out.

That made me wondered why his cousin do not want to help.

Well, I just had to conclude that there are people who do not want others to leave the ‘state’ they are.

There is a saying, when a Blackman gets to the top, he kicks away the ladder, so that no one else gets to the top.

Author:
Oluwanishola Akeju

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Some People Don't Like Helping ... Is This True? by Ebubechuwku(m): 1:27pm On Dec 05, 2021
Sometimes most people don't wanna render assistance due to their past experience. Don't just conclude like that.
And sometimes, it's spiritual, it could also be as a result of jealousy..

But all I know is , when your time reach, nobody can stop you... even you will do rubbish, dem go celebrate am when your time reach

Wizkid made in lagos na the worst of hin album, but when hin time reach, the album came to be the best celebrated.....

2 Likes

Re: Why Some People Don't Like Helping ... Is This True? by KiNg0G: 1:29pm On Dec 05, 2021
I help anyone irrespective of who they are,friends or family.

fed my friend for some months.

flex with my cousin in a club, numerous Times payed for his lodge.
till today no thank you from him.( we rarely spoke, and he lives Just a mile from me)

that friend of mine everytime he comes back to my town he dey always dey visit me. damn I can see the appreciation in his eyes. (he a big shot now)

some families bad especially extended families, cousins n the rest.they is always a Spirit of ego and pride.

5 Likes

Re: Why Some People Don't Like Helping ... Is This True? by SportsHD: 1:31pm On Dec 05, 2021
Sometime, it's just people's behavior that keeps other people from helping them.

You know, something they've done to the other person ( the person that's supposed to help them) in the past. Now they have forgotten about what they did and just think everything's cool. Maybe that's why the helpee didn't want to help his cousin in need.

1 Like

Re: Why Some People Don't Like Helping ... Is This True? by Nobody: 1:32pm On Dec 05, 2021
He's just simply wicked

1 Like

Re: Why Some People Don't Like Helping ... Is This True? by Sonnobax15(m): 1:35pm On Dec 05, 2021
lipsrsealed
Just like Davido always say--"we grow up by uplifting others"

Any family wey get only one Rich man,that family get big Problem..........What if the rich man go broke tomorrow,so na so the whole family go just break down.....The funniest part go be say the same rich man could have been in the position of helping others but he didn't because he wanted everyone to keep bowing down to him..

3 Likes

Re: Why Some People Don't Like Helping ... Is This True? by Abfinest007(m): 2:03pm On Dec 05, 2021
That's is life for you

1 Like

Re: Why Some People Don't Like Helping ... Is This True? by MrBrownJay1(m): 2:09pm On Dec 05, 2021
kunlesehan:

After a while, I asked him why he isn’t helping the guy because they looked too good as friends and also there were few openings. He is one of the recruitment head; more than capable of securing him a job even in another offices. There was no substantial reason.

I left the office afterwards, only to see this same guy ‘show up’ in my present office for an interview.

I was so much interested in his stuffs, due to the fact that I know him to have been in search of job since my time in my last office.

When I saw his CV, I realized that he carried the same surname as that of my colleague in my previous office. That made me to ask him questions and he informed me that they were cousins. I was so surprised.

I went ahead assisting my little way and making sure he gets a position with us.

And for all the time he was with us. He was super great before he later traveled out.

Well, I just had to conclude that there are people who do not want others to leave the ‘state’ they are.

There is a saying, when a Blackman gets to the top, he kicks away the ladder, so that no one else gets to the top.

Author:
Oluwanishola Akeju

ARRANT NONSENSE from deluded Nigerians that believes that everyone should go out of their way to help them.
many out there are LAZY; many out there have been helped and made their helpers look bad (or worse); many out there are unreliable/disrespectful/greedy etc.... but most importantly, many are selfish and believe that everything revolves around THEM.

here is a simple clue: there will always be someone out there who will look down on your actions if/when you didnt help them and helped someone else instead....because they foolishly think that they are the only ones that should to be helped, and they dont understand that a person may have OTHER PEOPLE IN THEIR LIVES THAT WERE HELPED INSTEAD OF THEM

2 Likes

Re: Why Some People Don't Like Helping ... Is This True? by yuping(m): 2:11pm On Dec 05, 2021
As long as someone will not jeopardize you in the nearest future just help, its difficult if you have past bad experience but shouldn't stop you from helping.

1 Like

Re: Why Some People Don't Like Helping ... Is This True? by Fafesot: 2:21pm On Dec 05, 2021
In my opinion, not everyone wants to be the only successful one among family or friends, some people believe in the idea of "let's dine together". But base on the past experiences that some people have had with others, personally or not, consequently, they have decided not to render assistance, not matter how little to anyone..family inclusive.
If you call some people to dine with you, they will eventually hold your hands while they eat the food alone. Some humans don't have conscience.

4 Likes

Re: Why Some People Don't Like Helping ... Is This True? by BlackfireX: 3:38pm On Dec 05, 2021
10 sad stories of help..

A best friend of mine collect 8M for a deal...promise to return it in 3 days (he was into real estate) I transferred the money on Saturday...unknown to me he travelled to Europe on Tuesday.

I couldn't hold the pain... I called a lady friend of mine to share my pain ...she asked me for help of 200k ...as I am talking to you her line is off

I have a distant cousin who wanted to buy a land...fortunately he meet me at the area...he begged me that I should please get him a land, I refused saying I am tired of helping people at the end it is pain and regret...anyway I did ... sold one of my land that worth 3.5M for 600k to him, took him to a friend that sells blocks to give him 2,500 blocks 100bags of cement, told him to pay him 100k in 3months if he didn't pay i will...gave him my own engineer that did the house... today if you asked this foooolish boy who is the devil...is me.( well 1 year later he came begging that it was people and prayer houses) i once called him to calculate all the money he spent on the house I will transfer it.

Once gave a myopic friend 2M to start business... the idiot decided to pack out of his one room ...to 3 bedroom and bought one second hand car that he couldn't maintain and the house rent he couldn't renew, he started blaming unseen powers

I gave a boy advice that fetched him 120k per month.. he did that for 4years now.. but last month he called a friend of mine that I am wicked person for giving him bad advice

Well I have decided since last month to become a demon devil heartless son of biitttch...

2022 they will see a new improved devil incarnate

3 Likes

Re: Why Some People Don't Like Helping ... Is This True? by JONSYN7154: 3:43pm On Dec 05, 2021
kunlesehan:

Author:
Oluwanishola Akeju
Cousins see competitor while stranger see potential in someone.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Some People Don't Like Helping ... Is This True? by Lalami3232(m): 3:51pm On Dec 05, 2021
E shock you Most black men na epitome of wickedness na. I wonder why people go get opportunity to help but won't help. Na wa ooooo!!! My friend tell me something wey I no fit forget for life, he say "If only you be the candle wey the light for the family, E no good because the day wey breeze quench your light, the entire family don enter darkness". That word sink enter my left kidney. I no know if na the latest trend sha, but it's very wrong. Family members just hate to help each other. But if na one mumu woman for outside, dem go dey impress to help her. I spit on una wey no fit dey help/assist una family members, tueh.

I don talk am before and I go talk am again, "the day wey I go mistakenly born girl pikin eeh, I go ******"

3 Likes

Re: Why Some People Don't Like Helping ... Is This True? by Opeyemiextra(f): 5:33pm On Dec 05, 2021
We cannot conclude with just that information or experience. There might have been serious family issues that have constrained him from helping his cousin. It's easy to pass judgment only when we have all the facts.

Imagine a younger sister who does not wish her elder sister well. No matter how good you are, you will want to distant yourself from that person and her children (this is no fable).

Once you have experienced serious wickedness and betrayal from friends and/or family, you become too careful and hold a guage of suspicion over everyone.

Some people however are just wicked, wanting to be the only one who has money or connections. These ones are a different breed.

4 Likes

Re: Why Some People Don't Like Helping ... Is This True? by Truvelisback(m): 5:40pm On Dec 05, 2021
He doesn't want him to rise like him or get to his level.
Re: Why Some People Don't Like Helping ... Is This True? by kunlesehan(m): 11:41am On Dec 06, 2021
Wow!

BlackfireX:
10 sad stories of help..

A best friend of mine collect 8M for a deal...promise to return it in 3 days (he was into real estate) I transferred the money on Saturday...unknown to me he travelled to Europe on Tuesday.

I couldn't hold the pain... I called a lady friend of mine to share my pain ...she asked me for help of 200k ...as I am talking to you her line is off

I have a distant cousin who wanted to buy a land...fortunately he meet me at the area...he begged me that I should please get him a land, I refused saying I am tired of helping people at the end it is pain and regret...anyway I did ... sold one of my land that worth 3.5M for 600k to him, took him to a friend that sells blocks to give him 2,500 blocks 100bags of cement, told him to pay him 100k in 3months if he didn't pay i will...gave him my own engineer that did the house... today if you asked this foooolish boy who is the devil...is me.( well 1 year later he came begging that it was people and prayer houses) i once called him to calculate all the money he spent on the house I will transfer it.

Once gave a myopic friend 2M to start business... the idiot decided to pack out of his one room ...to 3 bedroom and bought one second hand car that he couldn't maintain and the house rent he couldn't renew, he started blaming unseen powers

I gave a boy advice that fetched him 120k per month.. he did that for 4years now.. but last month he called a friend of mine that I am wicked person for giving him bad advice

Well I have decided since last month to become a demon devil heartless son of biitttch...

2022 they will see a new improved devil incarnate
Re: Why Some People Don't Like Helping ... Is This True? by NewHighs: 2:40pm On Jan 22, 2022
true
Re: Why Some People Don't Like Helping ... Is This True? by incredible2017: 4:25pm On Jan 22, 2022
Sometimes is not all about been wicked, some do it to save their ass from some bad occurence.
Like what happened to me year 2015, a friend of mine though older in age, was jobless and do go about begging money from members of his family, it got to a point that no one listens to him, during that period i had a work that pays me well for my age then, he met me and beg me to help him get a job then, as at that time the company was in need of workers, seeing his condition and his dad also begging me to help him made me pitied him and promised to help him. I wrote an application letter for him and asked him to bring his passport. He was very humble and calm that i trusted him to be of no harm and trouble. Went to work the next day and submitted the application letter and passport with some other documents needed for the job to my boss. Based on trust and the kind of reputation i had then, the company loved me to a point that i do ask for loan from them and also receive special treatment as a junior worker from my boss. They accepted the guys application and he started working with us the next month.
After the first month of receiving his salary, he started smoking weed, something i didnt know he did, started visiting brothels and club houses, he turned me to his enemy overnight, He doesnt respond to my greeting so i stopped greeting him,i wasnt even bothered much by those things. After working for months, he came and stole other peoples properties like phones, laptops, money, chains and other things i know not of.
Little me didnt know that i will be held for any action or deeds done by him.
By noon during work the manager (my boss) stopped me from working and told me to recover everything stolen from the guy i brought to work or he will hand me over to the police, that he hasnt yet involve the police yet just because it was me.
I went in search of the guy,i couldnt find him, met his father and told him what his son deed, he pleaded to me and told me not to worry as he will find him and recover those things he stole. Went to work the next day and the total bill of what he stole was given to me (sum of #482 000) i begged the manager and told him that i will recover what he stole, he was still insisting that he was just been patient with me due to our relationship. After work that day the boys father called me that day and gave me some of the things he recovered from the son (some phones, laptop and watches) that he asked him for the money and he told him he has spent it.
Went with the recovered items the next day and submitted them to my boss, he later returned them to the owners and came to ask about the money that he stole, i told him i coudnt recover the money, then he went to call the people that claim he stole their money asking them the total amount it was, (to make them verify in my presence) they said it was up to #58000, i told them that i will pay them the money the next day, one just told me to forget about his own money that i have tried my own part in recovering peoples property, the remaining they went to discuss, after discussing they came to conclude that i should forget about the money. That was my own story on the first person i helped in securing a job, due to friendship and pity.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Some People Don't Like Helping ... Is This True? by Nobody: 4:43pm On Jan 22, 2022
OP is still a toddler to this game called life. Listen very carefully, never allow sentiment or emotions to detect your actions as that will be your undoing.

That your cousin or your friend might be the reason you're sacked from that very organisation if you don't do your due diligence.

The rule of thumb is to know your target before you render any help. Sometimes, it's best to allow the drowning man to drown, less you drown with him.
Re: Why Some People Don't Like Helping ... Is This True? by Jbn11(m): 4:24pm On Feb 17, 2022
Oh africa

(1) (Reply)

I Need Romantic Intimacy / What Is Best Age Of Woman For Sex? / What Is The Weirdest Thing You Believed As A Kid?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.