Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,297 members, 7,808,012 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 03:08 AM

David Emmaniel: Abia Police Reluctant To Find Officer Missing For One Week - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / David Emmaniel: Abia Police Reluctant To Find Officer Missing For One Week (10357 Views)

Lala Onwukwe, 17-Year-Old Girl Missing For One Week In Port Harcourt (Photos) / Abia Police Killed 8 IPOB Members, 2 Officers Died In CID Office Attack (Graphic / Abia Police Arrest Killers Of Husband And Wife (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

David Emmaniel: Abia Police Reluctant To Find Officer Missing For One Week by Alaskaari: 3:13am On Dec 06, 2021
David Emmanuel, a Deputy Superintendent of Police attached to Zone 9, Headquarters of the Nigeria Police, Umuahia, Abia State, has been missing for one week, but the police have shown little or no interest in finding him.

Emmanuel was last seen in Umuahia on November 27, when he went to Ihiala Local Government Area in Anambra State to fix his faulty car.

In early November, Ihiala made national headlines after the recent governorship election in the state failed to take place in the LGA, resulting in an inconclusive election.

“My father still phoned me that Saturday to tell me he was on his way to fix his car at Ihiala,” Comfort, the missing police officer’s daughter, told FIJ. “After reporting to his police station, they arrested the driver of the commercial driver of Imo Transport Company (ITC) in Umuahia, which they confirmed he had boarded to Anambra.”

However, both Comfort and her brother, Ebenezer, told FIJ that the police did not let them see the passengers’ record book from where they could have found out if their father boarded the ITC vehicle or not.

“My uncle and I went there a couple of times, but they kept telling us they were investigating it,” Ebenezer told FIJ. 

“Maybe it’s police procedure or so, but the process is slow towards regaining my father’s freedom. The family believes my father is still alive.”

‘PRIVATE INVESTIGATION INITIATED’

Following the lackadaisical attitude of the Nigeria Police towards the disappearance of Emmanuel, his family decided to personally investigate it to the best of their resources, FIJ learned.

Almost a week after the senior police officer went missing, Comfort observed that the text he sent to his father before his disappearance was read for the first time on Thursday.

“That showed that his phone had been switched on, with the internet activated and the Whatsapp messages checked,” Comfort noted.
The family contacted a private phone tracker, whose findings showed that Emmanuel’s phone was at a location between Abia and Anambra State.

“I showed the police our evidence on Friday, but they didn’t collect it from me,” Ebenezar told FIJ. “They said they would conduct their own investigation. They only collected the same phone number tracked.”

A top police officer from Zone 9 told Emmanuel’s family that the police had sent a signal to Abuja, requesting for a joint team to enhance their search. 

The source claimed that the Imo State Police Command had combed their bushes to no avail. Meanwhile, Emmanuel went missing while on his way to Ihiala in Anambra and has slim chances of being in Imo.

When FIJ contacted Kayode Adetumbi, the Deputy Commissioner of Police in charge of Zone 9, he said, “He (Emmanuel) is my brother and I am very concerned about it, but I am not permitted to talk. Call the police PRO”.
When FIJ contacted Kayode Adetumbi, the Deputy Commissioner of Police in charge of Zone 9, he said, “He (Emmanuel) is my brother and I am very concerned about it, but I am not permitted to talk. Call the police PRO”.

Geoffrey Ogbonna, the spokesman of the Abia State Police Command, did not answer FIJ’s calls or respond to a text message for comments.
Source: https://fij.ng/article/abia-police-reluctant-to-find-officer-missing-for-one-week/

1 Like 1 Share

Re: David Emmaniel: Abia Police Reluctant To Find Officer Missing For One Week by Alaskaari: 3:20am On Dec 06, 2021
Mod, please help me push this to the front page as his might help in my friends Dad to regain his freedom.
Thanks.

11 Likes

Re: David Emmaniel: Abia Police Reluctant To Find Officer Missing For One Week by Franksomtoo: 3:44am On Dec 06, 2021
May he be found alive.. Police are endangered species nowadays

15 Likes

Re: David Emmaniel: Abia Police Reluctant To Find Officer Missing For One Week by Oksman(m): 3:45am On Dec 06, 2021
Alaskaari:
Mod, please help me push this to the front page as his might help in my friends Dad to regain his freedom.
Thanks.

He will return safely in Jesus name!

5 Likes

Re: David Emmaniel: Abia Police Reluctant To Find Officer Missing For One Week by phenase(m): 3:51am On Dec 06, 2021
tongue THEY LIKE CHASING SHAWDOWS

4 Likes

Re: David Emmaniel: Abia Police Reluctant To Find Officer Missing For One Week by jeffizy(m): 3:56am On Dec 06, 2021
Ti think that they show their inefficieincy to matters involving one of their own in grave danger too.
That's deep!.

I Pray he regains his freedom or better still, be found alive and well.

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: David Emmaniel: Abia Police Reluctant To Find Officer Missing For One Week by AlhajiNatty(m): 5:02am On Dec 06, 2021
What would we call this one now? This is like a case of a man refusing to find his missing child.

8 Likes

Re: David Emmaniel: Abia Police Reluctant To Find Officer Missing For One Week by Nbotee(m): 5:05am On Dec 06, 2021
Nigerian police

3 Likes

Re: David Emmaniel: Abia Police Reluctant To Find Officer Missing For One Week by Amspecial: 5:44am On Dec 06, 2021
grin

1 Like

Re: David Emmaniel: Abia Police Reluctant To Find Officer Missing For One Week by BarrElChapo(m): 5:44am On Dec 06, 2021
"Emmanuel was last seen in Umuahia on November 27, when he went to Ihiala Local Government Area in Anambra State to fix his faulty car"

Which kind of shoddy reporting is this

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: David Emmaniel: Abia Police Reluctant To Find Officer Missing For One Week by tradepunter: 5:45am On Dec 06, 2021
Hmmm
Re: David Emmaniel: Abia Police Reluctant To Find Officer Missing For One Week by ideatoprince18(m): 5:46am On Dec 06, 2021
Haaa The police refusing or delaying to find its own personnel is stunning!!!!

Meanwhile check if ur friends Dad has offended ipob In anyway cos those people are something else

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: David Emmaniel: Abia Police Reluctant To Find Officer Missing For One Week by endsarrrs(f): 5:47am On Dec 06, 2021
Where is James Nwafor of Anambra SARS?

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: David Emmaniel: Abia Police Reluctant To Find Officer Missing For One Week by AgentGoat: 5:49am On Dec 06, 2021
AlhajiNatty:
What would we call this one now? This is like a case of a man refusing to find his missing child.
Re: David Emmaniel: Abia Police Reluctant To Find Officer Missing For One Week by gentiles(m): 5:49am On Dec 06, 2021
Too Bad. Ipob terrorist must have killed him. It will never be well with Ipob and their supporters, whoever supports the bloodthirsty activities of Ipob will never know peace.

3 Likes

Re: David Emmaniel: Abia Police Reluctant To Find Officer Missing For One Week by reidkrugger(m): 5:49am On Dec 06, 2021
Maybe they already know where he is. Or maybe they don't have money for logistics.
Check this funny video skit fam. Husband and wife matter.
[url][/url]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EO3T-IU8Cv8[url][/url]

1 Like

Re: David Emmaniel: Abia Police Reluctant To Find Officer Missing For One Week by BAVOSKI(m): 5:49am On Dec 06, 2021
This is part of what the innocence protesters are fighting for that Makes The NA And The useless Nigeria police force killed them at lekki tollgate.... See what happened now, they will allow the politician to make use of them ,.. Even his colleagues can't even fight and look for Him.. But Nigeria youths are ready to fight for them but they choose to hijack And kill the youths... I pray your father come back home safely and alive( if he has not killed or torture innocent people)... Amen

6 Likes

Re: David Emmaniel: Abia Police Reluctant To Find Officer Missing For One Week by IkemChris(m): 5:50am On Dec 06, 2021
Even when there own fellow personnel is missing, the police will still be showing their un serious attitude, na wa oooo

3 Likes

Re: David Emmaniel: Abia Police Reluctant To Find Officer Missing For One Week by Joseph08(m): 5:50am On Dec 06, 2021
Karma is real grin

If you know Nigerian Police then you understand better.

7 Likes

Re: David Emmaniel: Abia Police Reluctant To Find Officer Missing For One Week by WonderManly(m): 5:53am On Dec 06, 2021
Imagine...

2 Likes

Re: David Emmaniel: Abia Police Reluctant To Find Officer Missing For One Week by fasho01(m): 5:56am On Dec 06, 2021
It's no more honorable serving our fatherland

2 Likes

Re: David Emmaniel: Abia Police Reluctant To Find Officer Missing For One Week by SportsHD: 6:00am On Dec 06, 2021
What do you expect with an endangered specie? Karma has definitely caught up to him. He's probably rotting away now or begging for his life. The karma from those who he labelled arm robber or yahoo boys just to extort them or those that couldn't pay bribe on time and were shipped off to prison, and those that were killed unjustly because of his actions or inaction are fighting him.

It even looks like a family matter. Seems like higher powers want him gone because of a deal or something. E no go pass money matter.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: David Emmaniel: Abia Police Reluctant To Find Officer Missing For One Week by pussymonger1: 6:00am On Dec 06, 2021
EVERY ABOKI WITH TEHIR OWN KETTLE . UNA FIT USE TRUTH FINDER FIND AM.USELESS COUNTRY WITH USELESS GOVERNMENT

3 Likes

Re: David Emmaniel: Abia Police Reluctant To Find Officer Missing For One Week by Map1(m): 6:02am On Dec 06, 2021
If truly we are serious in this part of the world i think its high time Nigeria Govt Disban Nigeria police abi a force who could not protect it self who are they going to protect?

2 Likes

Re: David Emmaniel: Abia Police Reluctant To Find Officer Missing For One Week by Authoreety: 6:03am On Dec 06, 2021
Maybe na dem hide am

2 Likes

Re: David Emmaniel: Abia Police Reluctant To Find Officer Missing For One Week by Nobody: 6:07am On Dec 06, 2021
nawa o
Re: David Emmaniel: Abia Police Reluctant To Find Officer Missing For One Week by HonestFriend: 6:14am On Dec 06, 2021
Just imagine... Anyways money no go come out that's why they are reluctant

1 Like

Re: David Emmaniel: Abia Police Reluctant To Find Officer Missing For One Week by Skyfornia(m): 6:28am On Dec 06, 2021
I'm indifferent as long as it is a police man

1 Like 1 Share

Re: David Emmaniel: Abia Police Reluctant To Find Officer Missing For One Week by africanpride1: 6:35am On Dec 06, 2021
shocked

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: David Emmaniel: Abia Police Reluctant To Find Officer Missing For One Week by diose: 6:35am On Dec 06, 2021
Maybe they are working underground
Re: David Emmaniel: Abia Police Reluctant To Find Officer Missing For One Week by Nobody: 6:40am On Dec 06, 2021
Well may he be found.

See my signature below jare for excellent building designs and construction

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Two Guys Raped Two Slay Queens After Getting Them Drunk. / 2 Sons Kidnap 74-yr-Old Father, Demand N5m Ransom! / How Scam Transfers(wire Wire) Works

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.