Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,293 members, 7,780,685 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 07:31 PM

How Hackers Can Access Your Money If You Answer Their Calls - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / How Hackers Can Access Your Money If You Answer Their Calls (38584 Views)

Hackers Can Unlock And Steal Your Vehicles - NCC Alerts Nigerians / How Hackers Diverted $613 Cryptocurrency Fund / Losing Your Mobile Phone To These SIM Card Hackers Can Render Your Savings Empty (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Hackers Can Access Your Money If You Answer Their Calls by Islie: 8:30am On Dec 06, 2021
Android users have been identified as potential victims to a malware scam that seeks to obtain personal information, through their phone.

By answering a simple phone call, users become at risk of having their digital banking credentials stolen.

Recently, a malware named BRATA was discovered in Italy.

As part of the scam, “threat actors” contact Android users who are victims of SMS attacks to steal their online banking information.

Clearly researchers say the variant, which is new, has the ability to go undetected by the vast majority of AV scanners.

Their research further stated that the malware was only previously discovered in Brazil.

There, it was distributed through Google Play Store applications.

In June 2021, this Android scam was identified using SMS phishing, also known as smishing, to distribute various Android applications.

Earlier this month, The Sun reported that malware disguised as banking, fitness and document scanning apps had gained access to the phones of over 300,000 Android users.

The nefarious Trojan software was able to log keystrokes and remotely send personal data to offsite criminals, then hack messaging apps and spread the infection to other phones in the same network.

A November report by ThreatFabric detailed the infected apps, which included QR code readers, crypto wallets and document scanners, and have been downloaded by a total of more than 300,000 users.

The apps seem innocuous, and according to ThreatFabric, the malware can even be dormant when first downloaded, then activated remotely to harvest information.

If you believe your phone is infected, the first thing to do is delete any of the suspicious apps as quickly as possible and run an anti-virus scan.

Also, if there is a sudden spike in your data or battery usage, it could be that malware is running background tasks on your device.

Check to make sure none of your friends have received mysterious messages from you, especially with strange links.

Malware can use your phone to send messages to people in your contacts list, and further infect your network.

Your best options for protection: installing strong antivirus software and doing regular security checks, and making sure you’re always on the latest operating system.

https://dailytrust.com/how-hackers-can-access-your-money-if-you-answer-their-calls

15 Likes 4 Shares

Re: How Hackers Can Access Your Money If You Answer Their Calls by richeeyo(m): 8:40am On Dec 06, 2021
Any infection way go steal my account na to credit am ni oo

48 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Hackers Can Access Your Money If You Answer Their Calls by mymadam(m): 8:52am On Dec 06, 2021
Food for thought angry

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Hackers Can Access Your Money If You Answer Their Calls by NotKnown: 1:56pm On Dec 06, 2021
Okay na.

There are some phones that the virus will attack and revert back to the hackers saying "no hope here" cos of the level of brokage in the country.

However the topic is a click bait. The post doesn't state how your account is attacked if you answer a simple phone call.

They focused more on SMS.

Still it requires the victim to click on it before anything happens.

Howbeit, be security conscious out there guys.

130 Likes 5 Shares

Re: How Hackers Can Access Your Money If You Answer Their Calls by STEWpid(f): 1:56pm On Dec 06, 2021
BRAta.. Anything that has a woman's content in it must surely be powerful.

Weting boys no go see for BRA?

15 Likes

Re: How Hackers Can Access Your Money If You Answer Their Calls by Nobody: 1:56pm On Dec 06, 2021
Following
Re: How Hackers Can Access Your Money If You Answer Their Calls by LordCenturion(m): 1:56pm On Dec 06, 2021
The other guy was telling me that he's Mr Steve from USA but the dude contact me with Nigerian number, he's still an amateur

44 Likes

Re: How Hackers Can Access Your Money If You Answer Their Calls by bolaayenimo: 1:57pm On Dec 06, 2021
these are the people i expect DSS and EFCC to go after, but they won't

18 Likes 7 Shares

Re: How Hackers Can Access Your Money If You Answer Their Calls by Muyiwaipere(m): 1:57pm On Dec 06, 2021
See as them dey teach boys work

1 Like

Re: How Hackers Can Access Your Money If You Answer Their Calls by Factfinder1(m): 1:57pm On Dec 06, 2021
Na to dey keep money for house with plenty wild dogs and guns na him sure pass now

2 Likes

Re: How Hackers Can Access Your Money If You Answer Their Calls by Kobicove(m): 1:57pm On Dec 06, 2021
Already one needs to be extra vigilant when doing any online business, now you also have to start worrying about answering simple phone calls

1 Like

Re: How Hackers Can Access Your Money If You Answer Their Calls by suffering: 1:57pm On Dec 06, 2021
#story.
Re: How Hackers Can Access Your Money If You Answer Their Calls by slawormiir: 1:57pm On Dec 06, 2021
Damnnn niggar
Isoright ....

Ios and mac os anyday anytime twice on Monday

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Hackers Can Access Your Money If You Answer Their Calls by Bashnigga(m): 1:57pm On Dec 06, 2021
How we go take know the number when dem call us na

12 Likes

Re: How Hackers Can Access Your Money If You Answer Their Calls by dadxbranding: 1:58pm On Dec 06, 2021
Factfinder1:
Na to dey keep money for house with plenty wild dogs and guns na him sure pass now

2 Likes

Re: How Hackers Can Access Your Money If You Answer Their Calls by mabeni(m): 1:58pm On Dec 06, 2021
This can't be real

6 Likes

Re: How Hackers Can Access Your Money If You Answer Their Calls by Generalwoodz(m): 1:58pm On Dec 06, 2021
It's seems like I've been hacked cos all these listed above is currently happening to me.

However, I'm not in the least bothered or fidgeting on reading this post because practically I've zero naira in my account balance. Can't even remember when last I went to my bank or transcated with them.

What about my crypto?
My Binance app is just there occupying space and no coin bought, no coin sold. Absolutely nothing.

Yesterday I downloaded Trust wallet just so I could benefit from the airdrops I saw on Reddit. If the airdrops doesn't amount to anything worthwhile, I'd sell off my phone on or before 20th December just so I could afford to give myself nice treat this Xmas season.

I can't kill myself jor

32 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Hackers Can Access Your Money If You Answer Their Calls by Odidigboigbo(m): 1:58pm On Dec 06, 2021
Avoid this number, +2347065303932 he is a scammer

11 Likes

Re: How Hackers Can Access Your Money If You Answer Their Calls by money121(m): 1:58pm On Dec 06, 2021
Ok
Re: How Hackers Can Access Your Money If You Answer Their Calls by Nobody: 1:59pm On Dec 06, 2021
This is where iPhone beats Android

2 Likes

Re: How Hackers Can Access Your Money If You Answer Their Calls by BruncleZuma: 1:59pm On Dec 06, 2021
grin grin grin grin

This matter is strong ooo
Re: How Hackers Can Access Your Money If You Answer Their Calls by OneKinGuy(m): 1:59pm On Dec 06, 2021
not possible

1 Like

Re: How Hackers Can Access Your Money If You Answer Their Calls by GorillaApp(m): 1:59pm On Dec 06, 2021
Na to deactivate ATM card of one of my accounts and use it to store the main koko

1 Like

Re: How Hackers Can Access Your Money If You Answer Their Calls by DSC7: 2:00pm On Dec 06, 2021
May we never fall victim.....

#HustleLegit cool
Re: How Hackers Can Access Your Money If You Answer Their Calls by Authoreety: 2:00pm On Dec 06, 2021
No na
Re: How Hackers Can Access Your Money If You Answer Their Calls by Bvmsson(m): 2:00pm On Dec 06, 2021
Re: How Hackers Can Access Your Money If You Answer Their Calls by MrImole: 2:01pm On Dec 06, 2021
Yeepa!
Re: How Hackers Can Access Your Money If You Answer Their Calls by ceematics: 2:01pm On Dec 06, 2021
Loan apps will like this news

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

3rd Wife Kills Her Hubby & 3 Other Members Of Family Cos Of Land In Enugu(pics) / Angry Car Dealers Set Ablaze Customs Patrol Vehicle In Kaduna State. Photos / Three Suspected Yahoo Boys Arrested In Abuja (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.