Welcome, Guest: Join Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 2,795,416 members, 6,677,419 topics. Date: Sunday, 16 January 2022 at 11:17 AM

Should I Tell My Husband He’s Not The Father Of Our Seven Months Old Son? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Should I Tell My Husband He’s Not The Father Of Our Seven Months Old Son? (1063 Views)

Should I Tell My Friend About His Wife Or Play Dumb? / I’m Pregnant For My Sister's Brother-In-Law. I’m Scared To Tell My Sister / "Forget Your Husband, He Is Mine" - Single Lady Tells Housewife (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Should I Tell My Husband He’s Not The Father Of Our Seven Months Old Son? by Playloaded: 9:14am On Dec 06, 2021
I am in a dilemma right now. I don’t want my world to come crumbling down on me just because I chose to cover up the one mistake I made which has also become my greatest source of joy.

I have been married for 10 years to the man who took my virginity. However, I have never been pregnant for him, not even once.

I visited different hospitals and doctors, went through countless test but they all certified me alright. The last doctor I consulted insisted I come along with my husband on my next appointment. When I told my husband about the doctor’s insistence on seeing him too, he refused at first but later agreed to go with me when he saw me crying profusely in the middle of the night.

The next morning, we headed to the hospital to see the doctor. And after a series of test were conducted on I and my husband, the doctor certified both of us healthy to bear children. He however, advised that we wait on God.

Eight years into our marriage, I traveled outside the country for a conference and on the night of the dinner, I think I drank a little too much and ended up in the bed of a colleague from another company. I felt irresponsible and guilty for this terrible mistake. I blamed myself for drinking too much when I knew I cannot handle myself when I drink. The worst part was that since we were both drunk, we didn’t use protection. “What if I had contacted any kind of infection?” I felt horrible!

About five weeks after my return, I started feeling unwell so I visited the hospital. After a few urine and blood test, the doctor confirmed that I was three weeks pregnant. There was mixed feelings. I was excited and sad at the same time because I was so sure my husband wasn’t the father of my unborn child.

Nevertheless, when I told him about the pregnancy, he was overjoyed. He shed tears of joy as he hugged and congratulated us on our soon-to-be-parents status.

He promised to take good care of me and also be a good father. Throughout the pregnancy, he was always by my side as we both looked forward to the birth of our child. When our son was finally born, my husband was the happiest man on earth. He shared in the early weeks of sleepless nights. He also helped out with changing diapers among other things so that I can get the much needed rest as he also bonded with the baby.

But it has gotten to a stage where I can't keep this secret anymore. I feel so guilty for unintentionally betraying my husband. But whenever I summon the courage to tell him the truth, his undiluted fatherly love for the boy stops me. He has brought so much joy into our family. Funny enough, the boy has the infant resemblance of my husband but I know deep down in my heart that the child is not his.

The boy is seven months old now and I’m beginning to see the resemblance with his biological father. Should I just tell my husband the truth and face the consequences or just keep quiet and enjoy my small family while I keep hoping and praying that my husband doesn’t discover the truth?

What should I do? Please I need advice.

https://playloaded.com.ng/should-i-tell-my-husband-hes-not-the-father-of-our-seven-months-old-son/
Re: Should I Tell My Husband He’s Not The Father Of Our Seven Months Old Son? by Skyview01(m): 9:26am On Dec 06, 2021
The future is wetin again?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Should I Tell My Husband He’s Not The Father Of Our Seven Months Old Son? by Stephen0mozzy: 9:40am On Dec 06, 2021
But why do y'all put yourselves in this kind of mess over and over?
Re: Should I Tell My Husband He’s Not The Father Of Our Seven Months Old Son? by fuckingAyaya(m): 9:59am On Dec 06, 2021
U remember the door wey u take enter that marriage

5 Likes

Re: Should I Tell My Husband He’s Not The Father Of Our Seven Months Old Son? by Mariangeles: 10:21am On Dec 06, 2021
I'm quite sure your husband already knows he's not the biological father of his son.

2 Likes

Re: Should I Tell My Husband He’s Not The Father Of Our Seven Months Old Son? by Foodqueen(f): 10:27am On Dec 06, 2021
Na so
Re: Should I Tell My Husband He’s Not The Father Of Our Seven Months Old Son? by Olunmercy56(f): 10:28am On Dec 06, 2021
Kai! What are some women turning to now?

1 Like

Re: Should I Tell My Husband He’s Not The Father Of Our Seven Months Old Son? by efficiencie(m): 1:49pm On Dec 06, 2021
Playloaded:
I am in a dilemma right now. I don’t want my world to come crumbling down on me just because I chose to cover up the one mistake I made which has also become my greatest source of joy.

I have been married for 10 years to the man who took my virginity. However, I have never been pregnant for him, not even once.

I visited different hospitals and doctors, went through countless test but they all certified me alright. The last doctor I consulted insisted I come along with my husband on my next appointment. When I told my husband about the doctor’s insistence on seeing him too, he refused at first but later agreed to go with me when he saw me crying profusely in the middle of the night.

The next morning, we headed to the hospital to see the doctor. And after a series of test were conducted on I and my husband, the doctor certified both of us healthy to bear children. He however, advised that we wait on God.

Eight years into our marriage, I traveled outside the country for a conference and on the night of the dinner, I think I drank a little too much and ended up in the bed of a colleague from another company. I felt irresponsible and guilty for this terrible mistake. I blamed myself for drinking too much when I knew I cannot handle myself when I drink. The worst part was that since we were both drunk, we didn’t use protection. “What if I had contacted any kind of infection?” I felt horrible!

About five weeks after my return, I started feeling unwell so I visited the hospital. After a few urine and blood test, the doctor confirmed that I was three weeks pregnant. There was mixed feelings. I was excited and sad at the same time because I was so sure my husband wasn’t the father of my unborn child.

Nevertheless, when I told him about the pregnancy, he was overjoyed. He shed tears of joy as he hugged and congratulated us on our soon-to-be-parents status.

He promised to take good care of me and also be a good father. Throughout the pregnancy, he was always by my side as we both looked forward to the birth of our child. When our son was finally born, my husband was the happiest man on earth. He shared in the early weeks of sleepless nights. He also helped out with changing diapers among other things so that I can get the much needed rest as he also bonded with the baby.

But it has gotten to a stage where I can't keep this secret anymore. I feel so guilty for unintentionally betraying my husband. But whenever I summon the courage to tell him the truth, his undiluted fatherly love for the boy stops me. He has brought so much joy into our family. Funny enough, the boy has the infant resemblance of my husband but I know deep down in my heart that the child is not his.

The boy is seven months old now and I’m beginning to see the resemblance with his biological father. Should I just tell my husband the truth and face the consequences or just keep quiet and enjoy my small family while I keep hoping and praying that my husband doesn’t discover the truth?

What should I do? Please I need advice.

https://playloaded.com.ng/should-i-tell-my-husband-hes-not-the-father-of-our-seven-months-old-son/

Here are your options. Break the news to him now and risk the end of your marriage or keep it a secret and when you are about to die confess the secret to your children and to your husband (if he is still alive) and risk being tagged a demon in human skin. Either way, you are in a ton of shit. But I will advise you confess now and face the consequences. Keeping something like this until your last day could have even more catastrophic consequences.
Re: Should I Tell My Husband He’s Not The Father Of Our Seven Months Old Son? by OkCornel(m): 1:52pm On Dec 06, 2021
Well, DNA test first… you might never know

1 Like

Re: Should I Tell My Husband He’s Not The Father Of Our Seven Months Old Son? by emmanuelbrown26: 2:41pm On Dec 06, 2021
Womennnnnnnnnnnn,
Womennnnnnnnnnnn
Womennnnnnnnnnnn
Womennnnnnnnnnnn

I keep saying it that 90% of first born are not from husband sperm.
Normal normal, mugu go dey fall for all these daughters of eve

1 Like

Re: Should I Tell My Husband He’s Not The Father Of Our Seven Months Old Son? by shedy03(m): 7:05pm On Dec 06, 2021
emmanuelbrown26:
Womennnnnnnnnnnn,
Womennnnnnnnnnnn
Womennnnnnnnnnnn
Womennnnnnnnnnnn

I keep saying it that 90% of first born are not from husband sperm.
Normal normal, mugu go dey fall for all these daughters of eve
I wonder how they get to sleep peacefully with the guilts.

1 Like

Re: Should I Tell My Husband He’s Not The Father Of Our Seven Months Old Son? by emmanuelbrown26: 7:08pm On Dec 06, 2021
shedy03:

I wonder how they get to sleep peacefully with the guilts.
Maybe u don't know how hardened women are. Na only woman fit enter grave with her secret, but a man would always confirm with somebody

2 Likes

Re: Should I Tell My Husband He’s Not The Father Of Our Seven Months Old Son? by anthonyuncle(m): 8:43pm On Dec 06, 2021
Playloaded:
I think I drank a little too much and ended up in the bed of a colleague from another company.

it was at this point i left the group.

i so hate this.
someone will mess up and blame it on something else.
she's said she ended up in the bed like she was hit by a truck and landed on the bed undecided

rub
rubber
rubbish

1 Like

Re: Should I Tell My Husband He’s Not The Father Of Our Seven Months Old Son? by anthonyuncle(m): 8:45pm On Dec 06, 2021
OkCornel:
Well, DNA test first… you might never know

DNA test for what undecided

she already said the truth and you are here simping

1 Like

Re: Should I Tell My Husband He’s Not The Father Of Our Seven Months Old Son? by OkCornel(m): 11:36pm On Dec 06, 2021
undecided
anthonyuncle:

DNA test for what undecided

she already said the truth and you are here simping

What does a confirmatory DNA test have to do with simping? undecided

1 Like

Re: Should I Tell My Husband He’s Not The Father Of Our Seven Months Old Son? by Vision101(m): 12:46am On Dec 07, 2021
Keep it secret. If you reveal the truth it break the heart of your husband and destroy your marriage. Ask God for forgiveness.
Re: Should I Tell My Husband He’s Not The Father Of Our Seven Months Old Son? by Vision101(m): 12:47am On Dec 07, 2021
Keep it secret. If you reveal the truth it will break the heart of your husband and destroy your marriage. Ask God for forgiveness.
Re: Should I Tell My Husband He’s Not The Father Of Our Seven Months Old Son? by socialmediaman: 1:09am On Dec 07, 2021
I think your husband needs to know you cheated, he needs to know he may not be your child’s biological dad so that he can do a DNA, and if he’s not the biological father, the biological father should be made aware of his biological son if possible.

That’s the ugly side of some poor choices we make, take responsibility and live with the dishonor, or keep it a secret and live with the facade.
Re: Should I Tell My Husband He’s Not The Father Of Our Seven Months Old Son? by baby124: 3:33am On Dec 07, 2021
Fake story. But your husband knows. That test you both took was fake. He has fertility issues and he knows.

1 Like

Re: Should I Tell My Husband He’s Not The Father Of Our Seven Months Old Son? by Dera25(m): 8:27am On Dec 07, 2021
I don't want to drop my advice here please let make it confidential (08035546863 WhatsApp chat)
Re: Should I Tell My Husband He’s Not The Father Of Our Seven Months Old Son? by Daxyd4realzy(m): 9:17am On Dec 07, 2021
Alot of married women and ladies are becoming more irresponsible.
Re: Should I Tell My Husband He’s Not The Father Of Our Seven Months Old Son? by FriendsAndFans: 12:33pm On Dec 07, 2021
You are not in any dilemma abeg
Re: Should I Tell My Husband He’s Not The Father Of Our Seven Months Old Son? by Richy4(m): 3:11pm On Dec 07, 2021
I think Rita Dominic has acted something like this with Pat Attah in early 2000 Nollywood movie

I might be wrong though.. cheesy cheesy
Re: Should I Tell My Husband He’s Not The Father Of Our Seven Months Old Son? by Sonnobax15(m): 3:49pm On Dec 07, 2021
undecided
Re: Should I Tell My Husband He’s Not The Father Of Our Seven Months Old Son? by Double0h7: 3:58pm On Dec 07, 2021
Dera25:
I don't want to drop my advice here please let make it confidential ( WhatsApp chat)

Who are you leaving your number for?

This is either a made up story for ops blog or someone sent the story to the blog either way the person isn't on nl undecided

1 Like

Re: Should I Tell My Husband He’s Not The Father Of Our Seven Months Old Son? by Houseofglam7(f): 11:58pm On Dec 07, 2021
We have better things to worry our heads about undecided

(1) (Reply)

Are You A Lady And Would Like To Meet-up With A Guy? / Marraige Pressure / If Someone Tells You Not To Come To Her House Again Will You Go?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2022 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 105
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.