Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,310 members, 7,780,739 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 09:03 PM

Oracle DBA Corner - Computers (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Oracle DBA Corner (52295 Views)

Newbies Corner / Windows 8 Is Around The Corner / The Best Laptop Engineers Around The Corner (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (21) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Oracle DBA Corner by vivienne(f): 1:16pm On May 08, 2007
@jeffman
i used the sybex books and u could also check www.oraclecoach.com.All the best
Re: Oracle DBA Corner by cabali(m): 7:04am On May 09, 2007
Sybex is good and useful.

@ Larry I meant the babasin thing is not showing light
Re: Oracle DBA Corner by larryoncol(m): 12:16pm On May 09, 2007
@cabali

ok, he is currently in abuja now and we are suppose to meet today, he called me yesterday, so am guesssing that we will get to see, later
Re: Oracle DBA Corner by cabali(m): 11:16pm On May 09, 2007
OK good for you

Now to the thread; any new tips, ideas anyone?
Re: Oracle DBA Corner by babasin(m): 10:47am On May 13, 2007
All,

Lagos meeting could not hold as it was busy galore for me, truly sorry.

However, I met Larry in Abuja and handed over to him 17 CDs.

He will make copies and send across to those interested.

I am back to my base now and we could follow-up with individual problems/discussion on oracle here.

sincere apologies
Re: Oracle DBA Corner by cabali(m): 2:09pm On May 13, 2007
So. the ball 's on ur court larry. how do we get em cds. I will -be in Abuja on Friday so what's up?
Re: Oracle DBA Corner by vivienne(f): 8:11am On May 14, 2007
hey Larry, would love to get them CDs too. I reside in Abuja, please how to i get in touch with you
Re: Oracle DBA Corner by jidebiz(m): 11:31am On May 14, 2007
@babasin thanks for the cds.
@Larry please how could you make it possibel for those of us based in lagos to get the cds.
Re: Oracle DBA Corner by larryoncol(m): 7:24pm On May 14, 2007
@ALL

no problem am planing on making copies, although i have been very busy but i promise that i will do that as soon as am less busy andc definatly before the weel runs out.

@vivienne
you never told me that you reside in abuja, here ma number ok, give me a call if you can't wait for me to burn them i stay around wuse, but i will only be available during the eveninig becasue right now am currently setting up a network for a hotel, nothing big sha but i have to configure switches and supervise in alot of wiring

my num 08026322254.
Re: Oracle DBA Corner by larryoncol(m): 7:26pm On May 14, 2007
@basbsin

thanks once again for the CD'S now we can see how oracle works on solaris lol.

guys please be patient with me ok,
Re: Oracle DBA Corner by babasin(m): 9:28pm On May 14, 2007
Hi Guys,

All the best guys.

Just HOLA if you need some help
Re: Oracle DBA Corner by odufuwa(m): 3:24pm On May 17, 2007
pls can somebody tell me the minimum hardware requirement for installing oracle 10g on linux 4.
Re: Oracle DBA Corner by Nobody: 5:58pm On May 18, 2007
The latest windows in the I.T world are Microsoft Vista and Windows 2007. Unlike windows X.P most people still find it difficult to adapt to this latest programs. The question is this? Is WINDOWS X.P better than than VISTA?
Re: Oracle DBA Corner by babasin(m): 6:38pm On May 18, 2007
Re: Oracle DBA Corner by SLEEKCHIC2(f): 2:03pm On May 22, 2007
@ babasin,
Hope you had a nice stay in Nigeria. Thanks for the cd's. I'll get a copy from Larryoncol

@ vivienne,
Congrats on your success

@jeffman,
Just have faith, you will pass. As long as you read and practice as much as possible. All the best.

@larryoncol,
Howz work? hope fine. Were you able to meet with Cabali? If no, whenever you meet, pls give him a copy for me. I'll pick it from him in Lag.

@cabali,
You aint posted anything in a while? Howz everything? Hope fine

@all
Have a lovely week. Stay blessed
Re: Oracle DBA Corner by babasin(m): 4:57pm On May 22, 2007
@SLEEK_CHIC,

Nigeria was ok, sorry could meet you all in Lagos. It is was to hectic for me.

My stay was ok except that I had to buy Generator so I can sleep in my village.

Somethings are still very very bad in Naija while some things have improved. I will rate Nigeria 48% in development index.
Re: Oracle DBA Corner by cabali(m): 10:27pm On May 25, 2007
@ sleek_chic, I've been out in a while but am back full force and ready; hope I did not miss nothing though!

@larry, I will p-rob call u as I will be in abuja in a while, hope thats cool with u!
Re: Oracle DBA Corner by fellow(m): 11:34pm On May 30, 2007
hello people, i just want to start my journey into Oracle and i would be studyin at NIIT from next week. I just want to know if there's any tip you'd like to share to a new comer into the database world and how visible is it to get a job with my certificate should i get one.

Thanks
Re: Oracle DBA Corner by segebee(m): 6:54pm On May 31, 2007
i studied at NIIT Ikeja.

most of it was whack bt i enjoyed it while i was at alagbado.

i would have hated myself if not that i learnt a great secret:
NIIT is about the pple u meet there, ur fellow students.
Don't underrate anyone, try to connect with evryone you meet.
You cld even get employed thru a student, i've seen this

get a computer and practise
start networking because believe me NIIT won't help u get a job!

our fellow nigerians there are runnin it down. sad

did i mention i got into web development thru a guy i met at NIIT
and the sql i learnt helped me a lot

Finally, master ur sql, linux, practise a lot and use up ur time; don't let anyone coerce u to leavin b4 time
pay up on time and demand full value for your money, shout, do anything bt don't give in,

i'll always go back to niit, esp as i want to do java

So NIIT is d best, so long as u demand it!

Hope this helps
Re: Oracle DBA Corner by larryoncol(m): 10:53am On Jun 01, 2007
@fellow

as segebee said NIIT is all about the people you meet there, they will practically take you thru your course but not everthing in detail, so you will probably have to do most of your studies on your own, try and register with oracle forums you will learn so much by interacting with people all over the world which are into oracle. also niit doesn't include introduction to PL/SQl in it's course outline so thats some thing that you will also need to study on your own, although PL/SQL is more of a dvelopers thing but haveing several built in packages, functions and procedures it's something that a database administrator will definately come accross once in a while. so yeah as for now NIIT is still leading. but if you are based in abuja there is a new IT training center that is coming up with full force. here is the website check it out (www.zomana.com/pss) they are definately going to be more better than NIIT. but they haven't kicked off yet. but i think by the end of june they should have resumed fully.
Re: Oracle DBA Corner by cabali(m): 11:01pm On Jun 29, 2007
@larry hey, wen are we getting 'em CDs and how? hit me on a bounce back on that dog. thanks
Re: Oracle DBA Corner by larryoncol(m): 12:03pm On Jun 30, 2007
i have the CDs you will just have to arrange something with me, am currently in abj and i don't think that i will be coming to lag anytime soon. so we definately have to fix something ok.

later
Re: Oracle DBA Corner by cabali(m): 9:38pm On Jun 30, 2007
I suggest u mention 2 guys here what it will take guys here 2 get it and we all work with that. u don't have 2 go 2 lag. personally I can get it and u don't hv 2 leave abj.

so, whts up?
Re: Oracle DBA Corner by larryoncol(m): 11:46am On Jul 19, 2007
ok so just let me know how you want to arrange i an we will do i your way.
Re: Oracle DBA Corner by larryoncol(m): 9:02am On Jul 24, 2007
@babasin

guy wats up, it been quite a while, where have you been all this while.
we ned to talk about something but nt on the thread so pls let me have you email addy when next you drop a post, or you can mail me at giandorof@yahoo.com

larry
Re: Oracle DBA Corner by Dynast(m): 12:46pm On Jul 24, 2007
@Etauso
Seun allowed u to register free on this forum and u are enjoying every facility here free why are you requesting for money to render selfless service others are rendering.
Thats not how Billgates was able to make waves in the world of IT, He started first by solving problems and giving out incentives.Life is not all about profiteering
Re: Oracle DBA Corner by cosmorpel(m): 11:31am On Jul 25, 2007
Thanx evry1 that ve contribted. Pls i'm new in2 ict, & is my target now 2 bcome like 1 of u, but right now i need this EXPLAINATION about DBA, wat it can b use 4 and othe ict course. I want 2 know 2 enable me detrmine wich 2 go into. Thanx guyz.
Re: Oracle DBA Corner by cosmorpel(m): 11:32am On Jul 25, 2007
Thanx evry1 that ve contribted. Pls i'm new in2 ict, & is my target now 2 bcome like 1 of u, but right now i need this EXPLAINATION about DBA, wat it can b use 4 and othe ict course. I want 2 know 2 enable me detrmine wich 2 go into. Thanx guyz.
Re: Oracle DBA Corner by cyberbob(m): 6:09pm On Jul 26, 2007
SENIOR DBAs !!!!!!!!
the person asking this quetion is jst a beginer and u guyz are jst confusing the whole thing.
luk bros no any two databases share thesame SIDs or USERs but only the passwordfile can be shared among the two!
i.e its only the authentication that can be same but no how will any user of a diff dbase log on to another.
Re: Oracle DBA Corner by larryoncol(m): 1:12pm On Jul 30, 2007
@cyberbob

WHERE DID YOU COME FROM
Re: Oracle DBA Corner by xtraeffort(m): 6:30pm On Jul 30, 2007
Am new to this forum and would appreciate your kind contribution to my request.

(1) Am just commencing the OCA & OCP Certification track and would appreciate anyone who would assist
with these books for my preparation: ORACLE 10g CERTIFICATION KIT (1Z0 - 042 AND 1Z0 - 043) BY SYBEX

I don't mind buying a fairly used package or any lead how i can get new ones at the best price?

(2) Pls how do i post a new thread under a new topic?
Re: Oracle DBA Corner by cyberbob(m): 11:54am On Aug 06, 2007
@larryoncol

from nig

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (21) (Reply)

Basic Electronics Course And Certification / Stop Sharing USB Flash Drives - Right Now / Basic Electricals Course And Certification

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.