Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,387 members, 7,808,367 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 11:02 AM

The Nairalife Of A Student Doubling As A Software Engineer - Career (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / The Nairalife Of A Student Doubling As A Software Engineer (9799 Views)

The #nairalife Of A POS Agent Forced To Plot New Business Moves / The Nairalife Of A Family Man Who’s Content At ₦1.3m/month / The #nairalife Of A Finance Man In The Civil Service (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Nairalife Of A Student Doubling As A Software Engineer by Myzubby(m): 8:59am On Dec 07, 2021
All I need now is a laptop to continue from where I stopped thanks for sharing
Re: The Nairalife Of A Student Doubling As A Software Engineer by Lindajames1010: 9:00am On Dec 07, 2021
Lalami3232:

Software development is wide, pick a part of it and i would gladly guide you on it
Frontend Development
Backend Development
Full-Stack Development
Desktop Development
Web Development
Database Development
Mobile Development
Cloud Computing....
I'm interested in any of the above listed and the one that will be more easier.....
Please which of them can u guild me?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Nairalife Of A Student Doubling As A Software Engineer by Lalami3232(m): 9:03am On Dec 07, 2021
Ade3131:

Hello Bro,

I'm on course to becoming a DevOps engineer but I still have a long way to go... please can you link me up with someone to mentor me on this path?

I have some materials but of course, learning from or being guided by an established expert in the field would go a long way.

Baba, link me up please!

I must really commend your effort, bro. But I'm not into Devops, else I would have assisted you. Nothing is too difficult when the heart and might are put towards it. When I was studying Java, I would read/code for 10hours uninterrupted. Now I don't need such anymore because I paid the price sometime ago. Once again, I would say kudos to you, keep pushing on. Go on Facebook and join devops groups, even telegram aswell. There you would meet people of like minds. Wishing you the best bro

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Nairalife Of A Student Doubling As A Software Engineer by SarutobiEky(m): 9:03am On Dec 07, 2021
Lalami3232:
Software development na blood money oooo. I paid 300K to learn just Java at NIIT back then. I would advise youths to go into it because it's the only job you can start up without need a capital. It's the only good job you can get in 9ja without needing a BSC. Though I've left Java sha, but the experience I got from Java gave me advantage to learn JavaScript (React and Node), Python (Django) etc.
Instead of you to go do ashawo or yahoo, go learn programming and thank me later. If you no fit get access to materials, I go help to give you some. It's my little way of taking menance from the street grin

I don talk am before and I go talk am again "the day I go mistakenly born girl pikin eeh, I go ******"
bros.. thanks for the advice. I beg I go need this materials you speak about. Thanks
Re: The Nairalife Of A Student Doubling As A Software Engineer by Nwibii: 9:04am On Dec 07, 2021
Lalami3232:
Software development na blood money oooo. I paid 300K to learn just Java at NIIT back then. I would advise youths to go into it because it's the only job you can start up without need a capital. It's the only good job you can get in 9ja without needing a BSC. Though I've left Java sha, but the experience I got from Java gave me advantage to learn JavaScript (React and Node), Python (Django) etc.
Instead of you to go do ashawo or yahoo, go learn programming and thank me later. If you no fit get access to materials, I go help to give you some. It's my little way of taking menance from the street grin

I don talk am before and I go talk am again "the day I go mistakenly born girl pikin eeh, I go ******"
I'm interested in learning programming.
How do I start?

1 Like

Re: The Nairalife Of A Student Doubling As A Software Engineer by neurowale001(m): 9:06am On Dec 07, 2021
Lalami3232:

Boss. I'm interested in the materials proffesy001@gmail.com
Re: The Nairalife Of A Student Doubling As A Software Engineer by Lalami3232(m): 9:07am On Dec 07, 2021
Nwibii:

I'm interested in learning programming.
How do I start?

Start by knowing the aspect of programming you want to dive in

2 Likes

Re: The Nairalife Of A Student Doubling As A Software Engineer by Lalami3232(m): 9:14am On Dec 07, 2021
Lindajames1010:

Frontend Development
Backend Development
Full-Stack Development
Desktop Development
Web Development
Database Development
Mobile Development
Cloud Computing....
I'm interested in any of the above listed and the one that will be more easier.....
Please which of them can u guild me?

Most people would tell you that frontend is the best place to start as a beginner, others would say backend is the best. But the truth is, you can start from anyone, though I started with backend. For you as a newbie, you need to know HTML and CSS before anything. Go to z-lib.org and download any good HTML and CSS materials, I really don't have those because I've passed those phase of life. But when it comes to the main programming language like Java, JavaScript and Python, I would give you what I used

1 Like

Re: The Nairalife Of A Student Doubling As A Software Engineer by VicUkegbu(m): 9:22am On Dec 07, 2021
Ocholu:
Let me be real with you OP;

I am currently learning front end development and Web.3. May God Almighty guide my path. Amen.

Are you learning online?
If yes what's the site?

1 Like

Re: The Nairalife Of A Student Doubling As A Software Engineer by efosky1246(m): 9:36am On Dec 07, 2021
Excel70:

Please I will need materials

You don't need "materials". the probability that you'll get lost and discouraged is high.

Go to w3schools.com and start with HTML, CSS, then Javascript.

Once you have acquired the foundational knowledge with the technologies above then it should start making sense at that point and by then you would have figured out if its something you see yourself doing or not and if you decide to continue you will have enough knowledge to decide on which specialization interests you the most.

It's not for everyone but if you put in the work it's definitely worth it. and if money is a motivation for you. just know that making over 2 million after just about three to four years of professional work experience is very viable in the industry.

this is coming from a former Andela engineer.

3 Likes

Re: The Nairalife Of A Student Doubling As A Software Engineer by Lindajames1010: 9:39am On Dec 07, 2021
Lalami3232:

Most people would tell you that frontend is the best place to start as a beginner, others would say backend is the best. But the truth is, you can start from anyone, though I started with backend. For you as a newbie, you need to know HTML and CSS before anything. Go to z-lib.org and download any good HTML and CSS materials, I really don't have those because I've passed those phase of life. But when it comes to the main programming language like Java, JavaScript and Python, I would give you what I used

Thank you very much....
Please can we continue on WhatsApp? Or u can drop ur email address
Re: The Nairalife Of A Student Doubling As A Software Engineer by BennyDGreat: 9:43am On Dec 07, 2021
Fantastic article!!!!
Re: The Nairalife Of A Student Doubling As A Software Engineer by ospreywin(m): 9:45am On Dec 07, 2021
Lalami3232:

How can I reach you?
Re: The Nairalife Of A Student Doubling As A Software Engineer by Lalami3232(m): 9:57am On Dec 07, 2021
ospreywin:

How can I reach you?

mylalami3232 AT gmail dot com
Re: The Nairalife Of A Student Doubling As A Software Engineer by Arobake: 10:09am On Dec 07, 2021
Hello.
Does one need a background in Engineering or Mathematics to learn Software development (Java, etc), please?

Also what age would you say it's too old to learn/make money with the knowledge?

Thank you.

Lalami3232:
Software development na blood money oooo. I paid 300K to learn just Java at NIIT back then. I would advise youths to go into it because it's the only business you can start up without need a capital in 9ja. It's the only good job you can get in 9ja without needing a BSC. Though I've left Java sha, but the experience I got from Java gave me advantage to learn JavaScript (React and Node), Python (Django) etc.

Re: The Nairalife Of A Student Doubling As A Software Engineer by Kenfort(m): 10:10am On Dec 07, 2021
[quote author=Lalami3232 post=108281685]Software development na blood money oooo. I paid 300K to learn just Java at NIIT back then. I would advise youths to go into it because it's the only business you can start up without need a capital in 9ja. It's the only good job you can get in 9ja without needing a BSC. Though I've left Java sha, but the experience I got from Java gave me advantage to learn JavaScript (React and Node), Python (Django) etc.

I don talk am before and I go talk am again "the day I go mistakenly born girl pikin eeh, I go ******" please bro, help me with the materials
Re: The Nairalife Of A Student Doubling As A Software Engineer by Excel70: 10:16am On Dec 07, 2021
Lalami3232:

Send a mail on mylalami3232 AT gmail
Mail sent sir
Re: The Nairalife Of A Student Doubling As A Software Engineer by Lalami3232(m): 10:18am On Dec 07, 2021
Arobake:
Hello.
Does one need a background in Engineering or Mathematics to learn Software development (Java, etc), please?

Also what age would you say it's too old to learn/make money with the knowledge?

Thank you.

I no go answer your question directly but I go use an illustration take reply you. E get one security guy for my estate, I like he doing so so much and I decided to just help am. When I meet am, my first question was "guy u sabi read and write?"
He say YES he finish SS3, then I tell am say make E enter web development. I give am one old lappy and I install all the softwares put for inside for am. Today, the guy no dey do security job again. He dey intern for one small I.T firm and dem dey pay am 40K. Hopefully by next year when dem take am as a junior developer, he suppose begin earn a minimum of 100K because the firm na small one.
I believe this should answer ur question

7 Likes

Re: The Nairalife Of A Student Doubling As A Software Engineer by Excel70: 10:24am On Dec 07, 2021
efosky1246:

You don't need "materials". the probability that you'll get lost and discouraged is high.

Go to w3schools.com and start with HTML, CSS, then Javascript.

Once you have acquired the foundational knowledge with the technologies above then it should start making sense at that point and by then you would have figured out if its something you see yourself doing or not and if you decide to continue you will have enough knowledge to decide on which specialization interests you the most.

It's not for everyone but if you put in the work it's definitely worth it. and if money is a motivation for you. just know that making over 2 million after just about three to four years of professional work experience is very viable in the industry.

this is coming from a former Andela engineer.
Thanks
Re: The Nairalife Of A Student Doubling As A Software Engineer by Arobake: 10:35am On Dec 07, 2021
Perfectly. ���
Thank you.

Lalami3232:

I no go answer your question directly but I go use an illustration take reply you. E get one of security guy for my estate, I like he doing so so much and I decided to just help am. When I meet am, my first question was "guy u sabi read and write?"
He say YES he finish SS3, then I tell am say make E enter web development. I give am one old lappy and I install all the softwares put for inside for am. Today, the guy no dey do security job again. He dey intern for one small I.T firm and dem dey pay am 40K. Hopefully by next year when dem take am as a junior developer, he suppose begin earn a minimum of 100K because the firm na small one.
I believe this should answer ur question
Re: The Nairalife Of A Student Doubling As A Software Engineer by coolshegs1: 11:01am On Dec 07, 2021
Lalami3232:
Software development na blood money oooo. I paid 300K to learn just Java at NIIT back then. I would advise youths to go into it because it's the only business you can start up without need a capital in 9ja. It's the only good job you can get in 9ja without needing a BSC. Though I've left Java sha, but the experience I got from Java gave me advantage to learn JavaScript (React and Node), Python (Django) etc.

Nice one boss, I'm presently learning data analytics with the aim of becoming a Data Scientist or Data Base Engineer.

Do you care to give any advice sir?
Re: The Nairalife Of A Student Doubling As A Software Engineer by pagorino(m): 11:02am On Dec 07, 2021
Lalami3232:

i don't mind starting from the basics too bro. I need the Java materials please, help me.
Re: The Nairalife Of A Student Doubling As A Software Engineer by mekuso89(m): 11:07am On Dec 07, 2021
Help me sir, I want to start learning programming
Re: The Nairalife Of A Student Doubling As A Software Engineer by Divinefavour1: 12:22pm On Dec 07, 2021
for those interested in studying together as a team especially for software development, kindly send a message to big383179ATgmaildotcom

It will serve as an avenue to be mentored in the right path by the tech gurus in the industry.

mekuso89, pagorino, Arobake, Nwibii, Excel70, ospreywin, neurowale001, SarutobiEky, Lindajames1010, Myzubby,

2 Likes

Re: The Nairalife Of A Student Doubling As A Software Engineer by Fidelismaria: 12:50pm On Dec 07, 2021
Lalami3232:

Thanks for the offer, we appreciate!

Could you please help me with materials in JavaScript, I'm fluent in HTML and CSS.

My JS is shaky.

Thanks!
Re: The Nairalife Of A Student Doubling As A Software Engineer by Dasilva12: 12:53pm On Dec 07, 2021
Lalami3232:

Sir, how can you help me on programming please.
though, i'm a video editor but thing doesn't went well as planned.
wish to learn programming and always dream of it.
Re: The Nairalife Of A Student Doubling As A Software Engineer by Nobody: 12:56pm On Dec 07, 2021
Lalami3232:
Software development na blood money oooo. I paid 300K to learn just Java at NIIT back then. I would advise youths to go into it because it's the only business you can start up without need a capital in 9ja. It's the only good job you can get in 9ja without needing a BSC
Paid 300k
Only business you can start without need for a capital in 9ja
Do you notice the 300k is kinda of a capital
Me that am looking for money to buy good phone, that money is also capital na
Re: The Nairalife Of A Student Doubling As A Software Engineer by DEGABA(m): 2:05pm On Dec 07, 2021
Arobake:
Hello.

Thank you.

It's best when you don't have anything distracting you. Programming needs absolute dedication and commitment.
Age is not the issue but the mindset, and you don't need to be an engineer or a mathematician.

2 Likes

Re: The Nairalife Of A Student Doubling As A Software Engineer by Macdelley: 2:47pm On Dec 07, 2021
Lalami3232:

Boss abet help with the info oo
Re: The Nairalife Of A Student Doubling As A Software Engineer by olioxx(m): 2:51pm On Dec 07, 2021
remi1444:
This is a worthy read. It's obvious that I'm the only one not earning yet from this tech thing. But again most people don't share their struggling stories. All we hear about is mostly their "winning" tales.

grin
Don't give up boss, even the girl said it was until July 2020 before she got a job, that was about 2 years after she started. The journey is rough, but perseverance and commitment will make you win.
As you said nobody will share there low times, so don't compare yourself please, just keep up the good work and las las you go smile.

2 Likes

Re: The Nairalife Of A Student Doubling As A Software Engineer by Nobody: 2:56pm On Dec 07, 2021
Nice read, I can't wait to finish this semester and go back to completing my JavaScript, after that I'll learn react, then get a remote job

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

The Nairalife Of A Struggling Creative Who Is Racing Against Time / How The Nigerian Army Short Service Works / Career Or Marriage, Which One Do You Work For?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.