Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,587 members, 7,809,124 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 12:14 AM

My Daughter Was Bullied At Faith Academy, Abuja & Sexually Assaulted - Parent - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / My Daughter Was Bullied At Faith Academy, Abuja & Sexually Assaulted - Parent (43041 Views)

Faith Academy: Secondary School Campus By Bishop David Oyedepo / Student Was Bullied For Putting Same Clothes, His Classmates Contributed Money / David Oyedepo's Faith Academy Secondary Schools In Pictures (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Daughter Was Bullied At Faith Academy, Abuja & Sexually Assaulted - Parent by lalasticlala(m): 9:26pm On Dec 07, 2021
Some parents are now sharing how their children were bullied in school, some dragged Faith Academy, Abuja into the bully scandal too. Read some of the stories below:

"Good evening ma
I got this from a whatsapp group
MY OWN PERSONAL EXPERIENCE WITH MRS LAYIWOLA THE PRINCIPAL OF DOWEN COLLEGE LEKKI.

My name is Tracynither Nicolas Ohiri (Twealthy Billions) and I had 2 boys in GIC Lekki phase one where Mrs Layiwola was a former school principal. A student in a senior class bullied my first son in that school so bad to the point of damaging the screen of my son's Tablet. Mrs Layiwola felt she can plead and offer an apology on his behalf without giving me the opportunity to meet with the said boy and ask from him directly the reason He always bullies my son. She pleaded they were only kids and would settle it amongst themselves later."

"Hello ma. Thanks for all you do. This Dowen bullying case happened to my daughter too when she was in Faith Academy, Abuja. She was bullied and sexually assaulted by the seniors but was threatened not to say anything. She still has those beating marks on her body till date.. Her being a pastor's daughter in winner's she kept it to herself and it has affected her till today. Because of this, she is withdrawn and doesn't relate with people well.. She actually voiced out to us last month and said she was afraid to tell anyone because they said they will kill her. She only kept saying I don't like the school but never gave us reasons. I pray justice is served in this Dowen school case. These children do not deserve to be treated like this."

"Hello Ma, I just read a post you put up with a woman narrating her daughter's ordeal in Faith Academy Goshen. She is absolutely right!!! I worship in Living Faith also but the bullying in Faith Academy Goshen is so intense. My first daughter attended the school but I had to withdraw her 3rd term JSS 1 because of bullying. In my own case I was sensitive enough to notice the change in my daughter. She will lock herself in the room and not want to be around family. When its time to go back to school, she will cry and pretend to be sick. It got to the point when..."

"My daughter needs this. She has been down since last week when this news broke out in school. Sly was her friend and in the same year wih her. Has been able to sleep, loss of appetite and complaints of headache with a fever. I need help, thank you. I stumbled on your page for the first time today."

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Daughter Was Bullied At Faith Academy, Abuja & Sexually Assaulted - Parent by ChiefSosa(m): 9:29pm On Dec 07, 2021
Another one!
Everyone that attended Boarding school has one or more bully stories to tell, including being bullied by school authorities. The school authorities will continue to cover up reports of bullying simply because they don't want to lose money, students or reputation. When a Jss 1 student reports a bully incident to the boarding house authorities a.k.a. Porter, porter will tell the student that when he/she gets to a higher class, that he/she can do anything to upcoming jss1 students. And that's how the cycle of bullying continues. So many traumatized kids in boarding house. I once attended a boarding house that felt like a North Korean labor camp. There is always this negative feeling we get when we were resuming back to school.

The school's walls are so high that outsiders can't even see into the school, unless a gate is opened for teachers' cars to come in. I know students that were recaptured like criminals and brought back to school when they tried scaling the walls to communicate with outsiders. I also know someone that scaled the wall and went into hiding for days until he was found. No provision, no money, no visitation, no contacts with outside people, etc. If you're ever opportune to get visitation, the school authorities will be there with you and even instruct you beforehand on how to act and talk throughout the visitation. .
It's like you're a puppet that is taught to put on a show, so visitors will think everything is all good. If you miss any part of the script, then be rest assured that you and every other defaulter will spend the next 30hours locked in a dark toilet.
Fun fact: The school I just described above belongs to one of the biggest, richest and most influential Christian family we have in Nigeria. I'm sure some of you have seen them in Newspapers and magazines, but you just didn't know they were wolves in sheep clothing.
Dear parents, some of your kids in boarding houses will not tell you about their bad experiences there, simply because they're traumatized and some are even threatened by the school not to reveal their ordeals. It takes the grace of God and special parental skills before you can get information out of these kids.

112 Likes 12 Shares

Re: My Daughter Was Bullied At Faith Academy, Abuja & Sexually Assaulted - Parent by Maxymilliano(m): 9:32pm On Dec 07, 2021
lipsrsealed Be like say na bully and bullies we go de discuss to usher in Christmas ...

33 Likes

Re: My Daughter Was Bullied At Faith Academy, Abuja & Sexually Assaulted - Parent by illmatic101(m): 9:33pm On Dec 07, 2021
Times are changing. In my secondary school days if you complain to my dad about being bullied my dad will asks you if you're the only student in that school.
He will make it sound as if it's your fault for being bullied.

196 Likes 12 Shares

Re: My Daughter Was Bullied At Faith Academy, Abuja & Sexually Assaulted - Parent by MsFaith: 9:35pm On Dec 07, 2021
Bullying has been happening a long time ago, It’s just time for exposure. Thank God for technology and social media.

97 Likes 4 Shares

Re: My Daughter Was Bullied At Faith Academy, Abuja & Sexually Assaulted - Parent by Ryda(m): 9:35pm On Dec 07, 2021
Parents whose kids are being bullied somehow get to know about their child's encounter in school.
Some take necessary actions while others look away thinking the child will adjust someday.

Late Sylvester's story is now helping others speak up.

Only if we can all speak against the atrocities of government someday. Irregardless of religion, or ethnicity.

42 Likes

Re: My Daughter Was Bullied At Faith Academy, Abuja & Sexually Assaulted - Parent by culf: 9:42pm On Dec 07, 2021
more revelations, parents really need to be friends with their kids.

22 Likes 3 Shares

Re: My Daughter Was Bullied At Faith Academy, Abuja & Sexually Assaulted - Parent by MufasaLion: 9:46pm On Dec 07, 2021
Damn! I'm glad the society is now conscious of the effects of bully and immorality among little kids.

23 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Daughter Was Bullied At Faith Academy, Abuja & Sexually Assaulted - Parent by gasparpisciotta: 9:48pm On Dec 07, 2021
Bullying season.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Daughter Was Bullied At Faith Academy, Abuja & Sexually Assaulted - Parent by MidaserveNG: 9:49pm On Dec 07, 2021
sad
Disheartening level of underreported & deep rooted cases of wrongs!!

Paents all around town are now very concerned about their kids than ever before.

- Are you a close friend of your child?
- How so much secrets can your child tell you?
- Can you tell about your child even if he/she s silent on a matter?
- What's your plight twrds keeping an eye on your child(ren) individually?
- Do you know your son/daughter's teacher (name, phone number..)?
- It's not all about the news of good grades from the school abeg, how about what "critics" are saying?
- School outing, show, trips.. are you aware n taking part?
- PTA, PTF.. meetings, do you speak out (SoRoSoke)?
- Child welfare/communication booklet, do you read what their teacher's write as well as put your comments?
- Even if you're a staff and hear of/ notice/ see such happening, please Speak Out. Help please! Their young, innocent minds are being affected by negative things such that its traumatizing to them

Pls, #StayingSafe is also for our dear children
Keep an Eagle Eye on what's important to you

15 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Daughter Was Bullied At Faith Academy, Abuja & Sexually Assaulted - Parent by LaSenior: 9:50pm On Dec 07, 2021
wink
Re: My Daughter Was Bullied At Faith Academy, Abuja & Sexually Assaulted - Parent by Triangles1(m): 9:50pm On Dec 07, 2021
Medicine after death.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Daughter Was Bullied At Faith Academy, Abuja & Sexually Assaulted - Parent by Sonnobax15(m): 9:50pm On Dec 07, 2021
lipsrsealed
Na wa oh

1 Like

Re: My Daughter Was Bullied At Faith Academy, Abuja & Sexually Assaulted - Parent by Mophor: 9:50pm On Dec 07, 2021
Damn Niggar!!!!

Issokay

2 Likes

Re: My Daughter Was Bullied At Faith Academy, Abuja & Sexually Assaulted - Parent by blamingthedevil: 9:50pm On Dec 07, 2021
Faith Academy is owned by Bishop Oyedepo

Just wait to see hypocrisy on this thread

24 Likes 3 Shares

Re: My Daughter Was Bullied At Faith Academy, Abuja & Sexually Assaulted - Parent by IKBARUTEN11(m): 9:50pm On Dec 07, 2021
Maxymilliano:
lipsrsealed Be like say na bully and bullies we go de discuss to usher in Christmas ...

I just tire. Very soon, the hungry musicians go begin compose Xmas carols with bully as the title

6 Likes

Re: My Daughter Was Bullied At Faith Academy, Abuja & Sexually Assaulted - Parent by Ayomi90: 9:50pm On Dec 07, 2021
Na now ur day just dey brake bah?

2 Likes

Re: My Daughter Was Bullied At Faith Academy, Abuja & Sexually Assaulted - Parent by TalkTalkTwins(m): 9:50pm On Dec 07, 2021
The heart of these kids are extremely messed up.

Our secondary schools are in a huge state of anarchy, to be honest! sad

6 Likes

Re: My Daughter Was Bullied At Faith Academy, Abuja & Sexually Assaulted - Parent by BigSarah(f): 9:51pm On Dec 07, 2021
sad Normal occurrence in Boarding

1 Like

Re: My Daughter Was Bullied At Faith Academy, Abuja & Sexually Assaulted - Parent by xynerise: 9:51pm On Dec 07, 2021
Kids these days cant stand bullying. In my days, we have a session where we sit together and yab one another.

15 Likes

Re: My Daughter Was Bullied At Faith Academy, Abuja & Sexually Assaulted - Parent by mbahdi(m): 9:51pm On Dec 07, 2021
Ok.many lies go just dey come out

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Daughter Was Bullied At Faith Academy, Abuja & Sexually Assaulted - Parent by Vinnie2000(m): 9:51pm On Dec 07, 2021
Hmmm..

Somebody said Another EndSars is Loading!..
A Revolution in the Educational Sector!

At least Government and Private School Stakeholders will make some needed Changes in d Sector! sad

7 Likes

Re: My Daughter Was Bullied At Faith Academy, Abuja & Sexually Assaulted - Parent by tigmataze: 9:52pm On Dec 07, 2021
Revolution now

2 Likes

Re: My Daughter Was Bullied At Faith Academy, Abuja & Sexually Assaulted - Parent by BarrElChapo(m): 9:52pm On Dec 07, 2021
I attended a boarding school a unity one at that & I make bold to say; it shaped me into the man I've become who can and has survived many situations whilst still standing tall undecided

16 Likes

Re: My Daughter Was Bullied At Faith Academy, Abuja & Sexually Assaulted - Parent by tigmat: 9:53pm On Dec 07, 2021
The SLY incident really opened people's eyes

5 Likes

Re: My Daughter Was Bullied At Faith Academy, Abuja & Sexually Assaulted - Parent by Nonexisting: 9:53pm On Dec 07, 2021
The woman principal begged you and you forgave her so why bring up the issue now? Mtchew

11 Likes

Re: My Daughter Was Bullied At Faith Academy, Abuja & Sexually Assaulted - Parent by manee2(m): 9:53pm On Dec 07, 2021
smiley
Re: My Daughter Was Bullied At Faith Academy, Abuja & Sexually Assaulted - Parent by ChiefSosa(m): 9:54pm On Dec 07, 2021
xynerise:
Kids these days cant stand bullying. In my days, we have a session where we sit together and yab one another.
There's a difference between teasing your friends with playful jabs and actual bullying. Actual bullying has negative effects on the psychological, mental, emotional and social lifestyle of an individual. Haven't you heard of people that committed suicide because they were bullied? Haven't you heard of people that murdered their bullies later in life?
Nonexisting:
The woman principal begged you and you forgave her so why bring up the issue now? Mtchew
Bringing up the issue will also help victims; it'll encourage victims to speak up and also go a long way in the fight against bullying in our schools. She's indirectly saving other kids' lives before they become another casualty.
#RipSylvester
#Justice4Sylvester

bjtinz:

How exactly does a parent bully his children. You mean if I flog my child that's bullying?
I really think some of you guys are taking this thing too far.
Egbon, according to the law; flogging your child is a form of bullying. E shock u abi? If you think I'm kidding, then you can ask your lawyers about this, they will show you in the Article 221(1)(b) of the Child Rights Act in Nigeria.
It's just that we take flogging of children as a corrective measure in Africa. Yes, flogging some kids can actually be of help but nonetheless, it's bullying and it's against the law. It's regarded as aggressive parenting, but that's story for another day.
And, yes! Parents can bully their children. Bullying is not just physical, it can be mental, verbal, emotional and other forms of bullying. Some parents can rain insults on their kids from now till thy kingdom come. The same way you run to hug your
parents when they get back home, is the same way some kids run to hide when they see their own parents. Some even run from home. A friend of mine once ran from home, although he later came back when he was hungry, but that doesn't mean he wasn't bullied.

25 Likes 5 Shares

Re: My Daughter Was Bullied At Faith Academy, Abuja & Sexually Assaulted - Parent by 00tim: 9:54pm On Dec 07, 2021
This is just too bad

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Neco Results For 2009/2010 Released! / Meet 3 Female Nigerian Mechanics Who Shuttle Between School And Work(photos) / List Of Words To Use Instead Of "Very"

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.