Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,014 members, 7,806,969 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 08:02 AM

My Daughter Was Bullied At Faith Academy, Abuja & Sexually Assaulted - Parent - Education (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / My Daughter Was Bullied At Faith Academy, Abuja & Sexually Assaulted - Parent (43028 Views)

Faith Academy: Secondary School Campus By Bishop David Oyedepo / Student Was Bullied For Putting Same Clothes, His Classmates Contributed Money / David Oyedepo's Faith Academy Secondary Schools In Pictures (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Daughter Was Bullied At Faith Academy, Abuja & Sexually Assaulted - Parent by joyandfaith: 2:06am On Dec 08, 2021
ChiefSosa:

There's a difference between teasing your friends with playful jabs and actual bullying. Actual bullying has negative effects on the psychological, mental, emotional and social lifestyle of an individual. Haven't you heard of people that committed suicide because they were bullied? Haven't you heard of people that murdered their bullies later in life?

Bringing up the issue will also help victims; it'll encourage victims to speak up and also go a long way in the fight against bullying in our schools. She's indirectly saving other kids' lives before they become another casualty.
#RipSylvester
#Justice4Sylvester

Loud it!!!!
Re: My Daughter Was Bullied At Faith Academy, Abuja & Sexually Assaulted - Parent by Sayymalvin(m): 2:20am On Dec 08, 2021
2021 JAMB Correction Of Data/changes [step By Step Guidelines]

https://www.unilaginfo.com/2021/12/jamb-utme-correction-of-data.html
Re: My Daughter Was Bullied At Faith Academy, Abuja & Sexually Assaulted - Parent by lastpage: 2:30am On Dec 08, 2021
bjtinz:

How exactly does a parent bully his children. You mean if I flog my child that's bullying?

I really think some of you guys are taking this thing too far.

Let us reason the matter together, Bro.

Flogging or other forms of Corporal punishment, are not bullying in themselves, the problem arises from the MOTIVE and EXTENT of doing so.

- What is your "Motive" for flogging your Child?
Is it to CORRECT him as per a repeated wrong doing or is it to INFLICT PAIN on him?

Do you know that some people enjoy and take a lot of pleasure (some, even unknowingly!) in inflicting Pain on others, even on thei rown Children?

- Does the Parent have an idea of how much flogging is ENOUGH for a Child (Extent), depending on the age?

Do you know that some Parents, maybe due to Anger and lack of Self Control, once they get into the "flogging mode", they wont stop until someone stops them or until they get tired?
How do you explain a father flogging a Child to death? His own Child o!
How do you explain a Mother putting Pepper inside the Vagina of her own daughter?

It is these extremes that are classified as Bullying and Child abuse.

I have flogged my Sons and my youngest Son has only been flogged Once in his Life time (he is a teenager right now) but since then, just showing him my "Red Eye" or Growling at him when he misbehaves, is enough to make him adjust.

It is important for Parents to know the steps involved in using Corporal Punishment, despite the State Laws disallowing it.
1) Flogging or other forms of Corporal Punishment should only be administered as a "last resort". That is, after every manner of verbal entrities and Counselling has failed.

2) before flogging, have a one-on-one talk with such Child and explain to him/her, why you have No Choice than to resort to Floggin or other serious forms of Punishment,. Cite examples of how you have repeatedly tried to make the Child behave properly or obey instructions and how he/she has been obstinate.

3)Tell the Child how much Cane, he or she would be entitled to and stick with that number. If it is a Punishment, tell him/her how long it will last. Prepare the Child's Mind.

4) Administer the punishment (Flogging, Punishment) with love and not in anger. The "talk period" in #2 and #3 above is also to give you time, to overcome your initial Anger at the Child and gain Control over your Emotions. Most Parents "lose it", when they are angry with a Child and want to flog with Anger! Not good at all, we are too strong for a Child, to flog them with Anger.

5) After the Flogging or punishment cycle, tell the Child to frshen up immediately and then have a reconciliation talk with him/her.
You see, Children are not like adults, they dont usually hold grudges for too long so, it is important you reconclie with your Child by letting him/her know that flogging /punishing him/her is also painful to you and you feel the pain and will not want it to occur again.
That alone, will melt a Child's heart (well, a well-raised Child sha), to hear that the Parent is not happy flogging or punishing them.
Finally, Cuddle or embrace yoru Child and repeatedly tell him/her: I love you, you hear? I love you very much and lwant you to turn out well, Dont do so again, you hear?

But compare the above with a Parent who flogs and flogs until a Child passes-out or all the Back turn out like a badly made Ankara, with all manners of designs or uses Electric Wire to flog a 7yr old and flog strongly with Anger? Hwo does that show "Correction" or Love?
That is what we term "Child abuse". You are abusing the fraility and helplessness of such Child.
Will you flog your muscular 21yr Old Child that much and not expect 'a reaction', even if it is just to use his elbow to target your hand and cause you injuriy? grin

So, flogging a Child is not Abuse but doing so in excess is an abuse.
Parents need to be trained to understand when they are crossing the line.

Ofcourse, l am an advocate of "Spare the rod, and spoil the child". there are times when you need to flog a Child, if he/she wants to prove stubborn and obstinate.

Lastpage!

1 Like

Re: My Daughter Was Bullied At Faith Academy, Abuja & Sexually Assaulted - Parent by azammi(m): 3:39am On Dec 08, 2021
All this things they are saying self . Withdrawal or not relating with people from the outside world is part of the habit of those in boarding school. All of them should just chill Abeg.
Re: My Daughter Was Bullied At Faith Academy, Abuja & Sexually Assaulted - Parent by nextstep(m): 3:56am On Dec 08, 2021
First of all, RIP to Sylvester.

I'm seeing these posts of abuse and bullying... knowing fully well that these same parents complaining are the worst at abusing their own househelp and even their own children. Then they will come and pen some crap about how it's wrong. Please fix the log in your eye, etc.

1 Like

Re: My Daughter Was Bullied At Faith Academy, Abuja & Sexually Assaulted - Parent by Kanto47: 3:58am On Dec 08, 2021
Being friendly with your kids helps a lot. Some parents' behavior and character can scare the hell out of a child. Imagining a child being scared or afraid whenever Dad or Mum is back at home, such child will not be able to speak up whenever he or she is facing with challenges. Parents-Child relationship matters a lot. Now, some one said to my daughter ( 9 years old) that one day, I will rape you. when she came back that same moment, she told me, Daddy this is what that uncle said. I didn't waste the next second I got him arrested and he confessed to the statement. What am I trying to say, because we, her parents always encourage her to say out anything that happens to her, in her school, church just anywhere, God help parents and our Children.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Daughter Was Bullied At Faith Academy, Abuja & Sexually Assaulted - Parent by Dedemworld: 4:07am On Dec 08, 2021
Why is it that when something happened to one person in Nigeria, it would automatically start happening to everyone... when Pastor Fatoyinbo was accused of Rape, another lady said Pastor Suleiman also raped her, when snake bite the Airforce lady inside WC in toilet,, Nigerians started seeing snakes rapidly inside WC, when they bullied Sylvester another woman again said they bullied her own daughter too now.. why everything always turn to challenge here.. Nigeria I hail thee
Re: My Daughter Was Bullied At Faith Academy, Abuja & Sexually Assaulted - Parent by Wilyvibes(m): 4:45am On Dec 08, 2021
I'm a popular loner,like a tiger My boarding sch life full of challenges but based on ruggedity we face am, when I left the school they have to tell my junior bro day got admitted after me some stuff about me, he told me n I smile � you know those feelings e sweet 1 kind grin grin

1 Like

Re: My Daughter Was Bullied At Faith Academy, Abuja & Sexually Assaulted - Parent by Wilyvibes(m): 4:46am On Dec 08, 2021
Wilyvibes:
I'm a popular loner,like a tiger My boarding sch life full of challenges but based on ruggedity we face am, when I left the school they have to tell my junior bro dat got admitted after me some stuff about me, he told me n I smile � you know those feelings e sweet 1 kind grin grin
Re: My Daughter Was Bullied At Faith Academy, Abuja & Sexually Assaulted - Parent by errigdee: 4:53am On Dec 08, 2021
what's really happening, blood stains everywhere.... well las las they all going to pay BIG TIME

1 Like

Re: My Daughter Was Bullied At Faith Academy, Abuja & Sexually Assaulted - Parent by TClipz(m): 4:59am On Dec 08, 2021
[quote author=MsFaith post=108303166]Bullying has been happening a long time ago, It’s just time for exposure. Thank God for technology and social media.
[/quote
You’re 100 percent right, my elder ones were boarders, based on their experiences I had to tell my Dad I’m not going to boarding because I dread the bullying. This bully is a Chan thing, those bullied might end up being bullies in turn transferring aggression on weaker students. The best way to stop bullying in boarding schools and schools in general is to place close monitoring on these students that would help a long way. I know they would cry foul stating they don’t have freedom.

1 Like

Re: My Daughter Was Bullied At Faith Academy, Abuja & Sexually Assaulted - Parent by xynerise: 5:15am On Dec 08, 2021
Magnoliaa:

I HOPE this is not a justification?

Nah!! Just a motivation for the victims. You know just like racism, bullying is something you just can't stop.
Re: My Daughter Was Bullied At Faith Academy, Abuja & Sexually Assaulted - Parent by Omoluabi16(m): 5:21am On Dec 08, 2021
xynerise:
Kids these days cant stand bullying. In my days, we have a session where we sit together and yab one another.
That's why they were born these days. I dont think kids are getting soft.The world is changing, and everybody must be treated based on existing standards.
Did we actually like being called big head, olodo, or those 'playful names' ? probably not. But we laughed because everyone else laughed. A case study is the recent me too movement or anti racism. Imagine being called out for groping someone 40 years ago. The now forbidden N word was a normal slang not too long ago too.
Re: My Daughter Was Bullied At Faith Academy, Abuja & Sexually Assaulted - Parent by Omoluabi16(m): 5:27am On Dec 08, 2021
Ndi I be career woman, I'm a busy man globetrotting. Some parents abi sperm and egg donors can not even observe changes in their children. This is a wake up call for parents especially.

I am curious why these stories are only pointing fingers at big expensive schools. All must be well at mushin olosa grammar school then.

2 Likes

Re: My Daughter Was Bullied At Faith Academy, Abuja & Sexually Assaulted - Parent by Ishilove: 5:34am On Dec 08, 2021
Omoluabi16:
Ndi I be career woman, I'm a busy man globetrotting. Some parents abi sperm and egg donors can not even observe changes in their children. This is a wake up call for parents especially.

I am curious why these stories are only pointing fingers at big expensive schools. All must be well at mushin olosa grammar school then.
The ones in Mushin Olosa Grammar School are not on social media
Re: My Daughter Was Bullied At Faith Academy, Abuja & Sexually Assaulted - Parent by Ishilove: 5:37am On Dec 08, 2021
Kanto47:
Being friendly with your kids helps a lot. Some parents' behavior and character can scare the hell out of a child. Imagining a child being scared or afraid whenever Dad or Mum is back at home, such child will not be able to speak up whenever he or she is facing with challenges. Parents-Child relationship matters a lot. Now, some one said to my daughter ( 9 years old) that one day, I will rape you. when she came back that same moment, she told me, Daddy this is what that uncle said. I didn't waste the next second I got him arrested and he confessed to the statement. What am I trying to say, because we, her parents always encourage her to say out anything that happens to her, in her school, church just anywhere, God help parents and our Children.
What was his reason for such a despicable statement?
Re: My Daughter Was Bullied At Faith Academy, Abuja & Sexually Assaulted - Parent by Ishilove: 5:42am On Dec 08, 2021
bjtinz:

How exactly does a parent bully his children. You mean if I flog my child that's bullying?

You dey mind dem? Which one is 'bullying your kids' again??
Re: My Daughter Was Bullied At Faith Academy, Abuja & Sexually Assaulted - Parent by lilvicky68(m): 5:57am On Dec 08, 2021
xynerise:
Kids these days cant stand bullying. In my days, we have a session where we sit together and yab one another.
grin
Seriously.. I can relate..
Re: My Daughter Was Bullied At Faith Academy, Abuja & Sexually Assaulted - Parent by Rhozabeth(m): 6:02am On Dec 08, 2021
Hmmmmm! We all start talking ehen something terrible has happened! Sly's death would uave been avoided if students and parents have spoken up before now.
Re: My Daughter Was Bullied At Faith Academy, Abuja & Sexually Assaulted - Parent by Nobody: 6:23am On Dec 08, 2021
We the parents are also being bullied by the government
Re: My Daughter Was Bullied At Faith Academy, Abuja & Sexually Assaulted - Parent by akinmax: 6:23am On Dec 08, 2021
African bullying is GOOD! I went to boarding school. I was bullied uncountable times, we actually bully ourselves for fitness and it help me in my adult age to with stand anything in life and here in oversea. We are Africans not vegetable ,is not good to be too sensitive to everything in life . Life is too complex to think you will have it in a straight jacket .Some African bullies, brings out resilient in us and make us unique.
Re: My Daughter Was Bullied At Faith Academy, Abuja & Sexually Assaulted - Parent by divinitybillz(m): 6:24am On Dec 08, 2021
All of sudden, everyone is speaking. Anyways better late than never.

1 Like

Re: My Daughter Was Bullied At Faith Academy, Abuja & Sexually Assaulted - Parent by jaszplus12(m): 6:33am On Dec 08, 2021
bjtinz:

Flogging or administration of discipline to a child by a parent or even a teacher isn't bullying, but if you read through my comments I never said correction or discipline is bullying. But when it borders on intimidation just because you can as anyone even as a parent then don't you think that's bullying? And no one is taking this too far. We must talk about it just like anything that needs to be talked about.
While in school in Nigeria I was bullied I never told anyone then and I overcame by God's grace. My 3 kids experienced it but because I had told them my experience they confided in me in good time and I handled the bullies in such a way they'll think thrice before bullying another child!
Re: My Daughter Was Bullied At Faith Academy, Abuja & Sexually Assaulted - Parent by Nobody: 6:35am On Dec 08, 2021
Who has played Bully on ps2
Re: My Daughter Was Bullied At Faith Academy, Abuja & Sexually Assaulted - Parent by Temi2468: 6:58am On Dec 08, 2021
ChiefSosa:
Another one!
Everyone that attended Boarding school has one or more bully stories to tell, including being bullied by school authorities. The school authorities will continue to cover up reports of bullying simply because they don't want to lose money, students or reputation. When a Jss 1 student reports a bully incident to the boarding house authorities a.k.a. Porter, porter will tell the student that when he/she gets to a higher class, that he/she can do anything to upcoming jss1 students. And that's how the cycle of bullying continues. So many traumatized kids in boarding house. I once attended a boarding house that felt like a North Korean labor camp. There is always this negative feeling we get when we were resuming back to school.

The school's walls are so high that outsiders can't even see into the school, unless a gate is opened for teachers' cars to come in. I know students that were recaptured like criminals and brought back to school when they tried scaling the walls to communicate with outsiders. I also know someone that scaled the wall and went into hiding for days until he was found. No provision, no money, no visitation, no contacts with outside people, etc. If you're ever opportune to get visitation, the school authorities will be there with you and even instruct you beforehand on how to act and talk throughout the visitation. .
It's like you're a puppet that is taught to put on a show, so visitors will think everything is all good. If you miss any part of the script, then be rest assured that you and every other defaulter will spend the next 30hours locked in a dark toilet.
Fun fact: The school I just described above belongs to one of the biggest, richest and most influential Christian family we have in Nigeria. I'm sure some of you have seen them in Newspapers and magazines, but you just didn't know they were wolves in sheep clothing.
Dear parents, some of your kids in boarding houses will not tell you about their bad experiences there, simply because they're traumatized and some are even threatened by the school not to reveal their ordeals. It takes the grace of God and special parental skills before you can get information out of these kids.

Why not mention the school's name to guide people's decisions and not fall victims?
Re: My Daughter Was Bullied At Faith Academy, Abuja & Sexually Assaulted - Parent by Temi2468: 7:01am On Dec 08, 2021
xynerise:

Don't say so, bullies of this modern era are more dangerous and more threat to life than ever.
Re: My Daughter Was Bullied At Faith Academy, Abuja & Sexually Assaulted - Parent by jaszplus12(m): 7:12am On Dec 08, 2021
bjtinz:

Flogging or administration of discipline to a child by a parent or even a teacher isn't bullying, but if you read through my comments I never said correction or discipline is bullying. But when it borders on intimidation just because you can as anyone even as a parent then don't you think that's bullying? And no one is taking this too far. We must talk about it just like anything that needs to be talked about.
While in school in Nigeria I was bullied I never told anyone then and I overcame by God's grace. My 3 kids experienced it but because I had told them my experience they confided in me in good time and I handled the bullies in such a way they'll think thrice before bullying another child!
nextstep:
First of all, RIP to Sylvester.

I'm seeing these posts of abuse and bullying... knowing fully well that these same parents complaining are the worst at abusing their own househelp and even their own children. Then they will come and pen some crap about how it's wrong. Please fix the log in your eye, etc.
Thanks for this!
Sayymalvin:
2021 JAMB Correction Of Data/changes [step By Step Guidelines]

https://www.unilaginfo.com/2021/12/jamb-utme-correction-of-data.html
I can send my children to live with you sir knowing you understand how to treat yours!. Thanks for this
Re: My Daughter Was Bullied At Faith Academy, Abuja & Sexually Assaulted - Parent by allahIsAnIDOL: 7:21am On Dec 08, 2021
BarrElChapo:
I attended a boarding school a unity one at that & I make bold to say it shaped me into the man I've become who can and has survived many situations whilst still standing tall undecided

Don't mind them with their social media nonsense. I also went to fstc and I was a boarder from my day 1 - ss2 and I can survive in all situations. All my children will pass through the same thing whether they like it or not and it's the best training ever.

1 Like

Re: My Daughter Was Bullied At Faith Academy, Abuja & Sexually Assaulted - Parent by jaszplus12(m): 7:23am On Dec 08, 2021
Kanto47:
Hmmm...my 11 year old daughter went on an errand and someone said to her FOLLOW ME TO MY HOUSE. Because she could talk with us as her parental she told us immediately we stepped into the house and of course I went after the guy...his nose will continue to bear him witness for ever!
Re: My Daughter Was Bullied At Faith Academy, Abuja & Sexually Assaulted - Parent by callthefred: 7:32am On Dec 08, 2021
I'm quite amazed about all these incidences if bullying. I also attended the boarding school and in my own school then even though we had somewhat use emotional torture which I won't deny I had my share of doing to juniors, one thing about my school is that you will only get away with it if the said junior never reported you. If he/she did, you are done for. My school never for once swept issues like this under the carpet.

How schools now choose to sweep these under the carpet baffles me, you can't even beat or punish your junior in my own school then, as a matter of fact, there's even a limit to the number of errands these juniors may run for you.

I think these schools let their guards down by not wanting to deal with these students so they won't piss off their parents but trust me, the essence of the school is to remodel the students.

Do these schools teach students to read bible or even get them to participate in religious activities at all?. In our days, seniors lead church and mosques services. You just must be prepared as you can be called to preach unexpectedly. And yes we get beat up by teachers on a steady when we misbehave.

However, beating students at night after lights out is totally strange to me. The last time my roommates tried such, for even being in the room, I was beaten like a criminal and made to sleep outside.
Re: My Daughter Was Bullied At Faith Academy, Abuja & Sexually Assaulted - Parent by Curious345: 7:36am On Dec 08, 2021
callthefred:
I'm quite amazed about all these incidences if bullying. an be called to preach unexpectedly. And yes we get beat up by teachers on a steady when we misbehave.

However, beating m, I was beaten like a criminal and made to sleep outside.
I have a onetime solution for this bullying thing

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Mohammad Bello Hassan Shot Dead Along Katsina-Zamfara Road / Ngozi Marion Emmanuel, UNIZIK Youngest Lecturer, Wins N45M TETFund Scholarship / Neco Results For 2009/2010 Released!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 94
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.