Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,147,934 members, 7,799,160 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 04:16 PM

Discussion: Follow Your Talents And Passion Or Follow The Bag?!!! - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Discussion: Follow Your Talents And Passion Or Follow The Bag?!!! (7836 Views)

Is It Your Passion Or You Are Doing This To Just Make A Living? / How To Use Your Talents To Increase Your Productivity / Johnspeak Uwangue: 4 Highly Profitable Talents And How They Work (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Discussion: Follow Your Talents And Passion Or Follow The Bag?!!! by addexx: 8:46am On Dec 08, 2021
Hey guys. Been meaning to ask.

Given the current economic situation globally. Especially of our dear country.

If you had the chance of chosing between achieving your lifelong ambition
or
following a path that leads to plenty money and comfort but you'll probably have to forfeit the other ambition for life.

What would you do?

Ever heard of the starving artist phenomenon. You might have been stuck chasing your dreams to the detriment of your personal welfare in terms of finances and also the amount of time you're losing to this. Should it still be worth chasing?

Or do you still believe so much in your dreams to keep on persevering?

What's the thin line?

Please share your opinions, experiences and life lessons.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Discussion: Follow Your Talents And Passion Or Follow The Bag?!!! by addexx: 9:12am On Dec 08, 2021
Share your thoughts.

2 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Discussion: Follow Your Talents And Passion Or Follow The Bag?!!! by Stephen0mozzy: 7:05am On Dec 09, 2021
Following...

But I think if you're passionate about the right things and you go with a right mindset, it will still fetch you the bag while enjoying what you do

14 Likes

Re: Discussion: Follow Your Talents And Passion Or Follow The Bag?!!! by RapistOnBail: 3:45pm On Dec 10, 2021
Mr Man Talk true na yahoo u wan do!

31 Likes 1 Share

Re: Discussion: Follow Your Talents And Passion Or Follow The Bag?!!! by TemmyDayo50(m): 3:45pm On Dec 10, 2021
Who Passion help?? undecided

I'll follow the bag... I'll keep following the bag till I'll keep following.... Of course, if my passion provides food on my table top, all well and good... But then, na bag gangan I dey follow

7 Likes

Re: Discussion: Follow Your Talents And Passion Or Follow The Bag?!!! by VOsimhen144(m): 3:46pm On Dec 10, 2021
Mkkiujjgehyij vs Barcelona

Thursday

Time: 6:55pm

27 Likes

Re: Discussion: Follow Your Talents And Passion Or Follow The Bag?!!! by Gaddafi1: 3:46pm On Dec 10, 2021
Money is known to have the capacity of solving human want, need and give fulfillment. I prefer money to any dream that may come my way.
Don't forget that love rules the world and you cannot keep a happy home/woman without money. tongue

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Discussion: Follow Your Talents And Passion Or Follow The Bag?!!! by aminusodiq(m): 3:46pm On Dec 10, 2021
The bag

1 Like

Re: Discussion: Follow Your Talents And Passion Or Follow The Bag?!!! by Nobody: 3:46pm On Dec 10, 2021
Everyone would always follow the bag because that is what pays the bills

2 Likes

Re: Discussion: Follow Your Talents And Passion Or Follow The Bag?!!! by olola4(m): 3:46pm On Dec 10, 2021
Follow what is available smiley

1 Like

Re: Discussion: Follow Your Talents And Passion Or Follow The Bag?!!! by Dailymice: 3:47pm On Dec 10, 2021
grin
Re: Discussion: Follow Your Talents And Passion Or Follow The Bag?!!! by simple250: 3:47pm On Dec 10, 2021
Nigeria as a country does not value talents ....

Anywhere you find yourself developed yourself to become a professional.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Discussion: Follow Your Talents And Passion Or Follow The Bag?!!! by champeeon(m): 3:47pm On Dec 10, 2021
Follow the bag. Passion will pursue you.

While I cannot say what inspired OP to ask this question, I can tell that most people who ask the same question have been indoctrinated by motivational speakers.

Since most of them claim they do what they are passionate about (that is, motivating you and of course, making money from it), they believe everyone should be making money from their passions too. But sadly, this is not how real life works.

If you love motivational quotes, chances are you've come across interesting claims like this:

"Chase your Passions & Money will come. Chase Money & you may never find your Passions!"

or this

"If you do what you love, you'll never work a day in your life."

But let's come back to reality. We are not some brave heroes in a great movie who followed their passion and became very successful at the end of the day.

Sometimes, you have to do things you think you don't like to find out what you truly like.

Because you think your passion is music doesn't really make it your passion.

It is better to follow the bag and secure it first before going into things that you are not certain of.

I bet some people claim that football is their passion but they've never been rewarded for it. But what if these same people choose to follow the bag now and make a lot of money.

Imagine if they made it big and become a club owner someday?

I think following the bag first is always better.

Of course, You might be lucky to follow your passion and secure the bag at the same time. Good for you but don't get carried away and think life always works that way.

16 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Discussion: Follow Your Talents And Passion Or Follow The Bag?!!! by Mko123(m): 3:47pm On Dec 10, 2021
Q
Re: Discussion: Follow Your Talents And Passion Or Follow The Bag?!!! by mocaro: 3:47pm On Dec 10, 2021
Follow the money ..on the paper trail but the paper ain't running...

1 Like

Re: Discussion: Follow Your Talents And Passion Or Follow The Bag?!!! by Factfinder1(m): 3:48pm On Dec 10, 2021
in today's NIGERIA please follow money....people now respect and worship only those with money....NIGERIA doesn't have an enabling society that can make you thrive easily. you might just take your ambition and passion to the grave

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Discussion: Follow Your Talents And Passion Or Follow The Bag?!!! by Nemesis0147(m): 3:48pm On Dec 10, 2021
Talent for this country?
All my friends including me for don they England they ball if na by talent grin
Hungerbad@op

3 Likes

Re: Discussion: Follow Your Talents And Passion Or Follow The Bag?!!! by DSC7: 3:48pm On Dec 10, 2021
Follow who know Road but don't follow who Don't know God.... cool

3 Likes

Re: Discussion: Follow Your Talents And Passion Or Follow The Bag?!!! by dake40(m): 3:48pm On Dec 10, 2021
Follow your passion.

See man, success means different things to different people, you shouldn't let society redefine your life.

To some, many money is success, to some people it's not.

In all, do what makes you happy, So far the passion will bring money in the future and you are optimistic and hard working, the sky is your starting point

If possible, you can as well follow your passion while you're making money

3 Likes

Re: Discussion: Follow Your Talents And Passion Or Follow The Bag?!!! by lolu2019: 3:49pm On Dec 10, 2021
Persevere.
Re: Discussion: Follow Your Talents And Passion Or Follow The Bag?!!! by viqSmallz(m): 3:49pm On Dec 10, 2021
For some, passion will bring money. While for others the passion is not is lucrative.
It all depends on your current state. The richer you are the more passion driven.
Re: Discussion: Follow Your Talents And Passion Or Follow The Bag?!!! by Flexherbal(m): 3:49pm On Dec 10, 2021
The bag.
Talent without money is frustrating.

4 Likes

Re: Discussion: Follow Your Talents And Passion Or Follow The Bag?!!! by Sholaco: 3:49pm On Dec 10, 2021
What's ambition of lifelong again? Make money and more money and that will sustain you to live well and those ambitions you are talking about would be at you tips.

1 Like

Re: Discussion: Follow Your Talents And Passion Or Follow The Bag?!!! by NaijaHelper1(m): 3:50pm On Dec 10, 2021
Bag
Re: Discussion: Follow Your Talents And Passion Or Follow The Bag?!!! by mediainc: 3:50pm On Dec 10, 2021
Na you know wetin you wan follow...

1 Like

Re: Discussion: Follow Your Talents And Passion Or Follow The Bag?!!! by StubbornGENIUS: 3:50pm On Dec 10, 2021
Do what you enjoy,and make it profitable.
Re: Discussion: Follow Your Talents And Passion Or Follow The Bag?!!! by tensazangetsu20(m): 3:50pm On Dec 10, 2021
Passion is overrated. Follow the money and carry your passion along.

9 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

10 Reasons Your Boss Wants You Out Of The Job / Is Institute Of Professional Managers And Administrators Of Nigeria Real Or Not / Have You Fired Anyone? How Do You Feel Afterwards? I Did & I Don't Feel Anythng

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.