Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,294 members, 7,807,999 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 02:06 AM

Family Festive Giveaway - Family (14) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Family Festive Giveaway (25392 Views)

Make Me Self Celebrate My Family For This Festive Season / Do you envy those Who Have Villages To Visit This Festive Period? / How To Cut Down Excessive Spending These Festive Period (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) ... (37) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Family Festive Giveaway by Nobody: 4:26pm On Dec 12, 2021
SurvivorM:
This thread is getting interesting, since the money haven't been paid to UmmuFarrah the question is Sir on the 15th of this month is it certain that she will receive this fund.
Because if it's not certain like not made in stone then you can say it here so this Mama wont miss this opportunity she has. There is still time before the voting starts.
Sometimes we say things at the heat of the moment without making plans for it, so let's not bite our own tongue

Go check my antecedents and get the answers you seek for.

This won't be the first, second and third time of me supporting unknown people on this platform with my own little resources, it is engraved in my DNA.

My word is my bond and it's been that way for decades.

Thanks.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Family Festive Giveaway by Supreme145(m): 4:26pm On Dec 12, 2021
byrron:

I respectfully beg to differ with your assertions.

Firstly, I commend you for your act of kindness which supersedes every other conversations going on here.

What I choose to do shouldn't affect the voting process by the umpire but the voter's should be the one to decide.

Voter's would still have naturally voted for someone else but the umpire stepping in to unilaterally disqualify someone when such a person is not in violation of any of the rules isn't fairness in any form or shape.

If someone had gifted one of the BBN participants the same amount of the BBN prize money, then BB is automatically expected to disqulifier the recipient because of the gift such an individual received outside the competition?

Well, I respect your decisions but I don't subscribe to it.

Let the voter's decide and let the umpire count the votes.

Thanks.
Boss your assertion holds water, just like you said if she continued she wouldn't have won because the voters might be biased since it was openly disclosed that she got an equivalent sum. The rules of the contest are not cast in stone and I still think snowland eliminated that bias in the best way possible.
Re: Family Festive Giveaway by SurvivorM(f): 4:27pm On Dec 12, 2021
isaiah4life:
Don't be surprised, he might even gift her times three of what he promised. People like him don't just make empty promises.

I saw on a thread where someone gave someone 500k when he promised 5k because people doubted him.

please where is the thread let me go and doubt the person.
But on a serious note if he plans on giving the lady the money then removing her is the best option which gives the other 3 a good chance of winning.
Re: Family Festive Giveaway by isaiah4life(m): 4:29pm On Dec 12, 2021
Lolz! Funny you comrade.

I think what snowland did was the best. It would have been unfair if she had continue.

SurvivorM:
please where is the thread let me go and doubt the person.
But on a serious note if he plans on giving the lady the money then removing her is the best option which gives the other 3 a good chance of winning.
Re: Family Festive Giveaway by superintendents(m): 4:30pm On Dec 12, 2021
byrron:

I respectfully beg to differ with your assertions.

Firstly, I commend you for your act of kindness which supersedes every other conversations going on here.

What I choose to do shouldn't affect the voting process by the umpire but the voter's should be the one to decide.

Voter's would still have naturally voted for someone else but the umpire stepping in to unilaterally disqualify someone when such a person is not in violation of any of the rules isn't fairness in any form or shape.

If someone had gifted one of the BBN participants the same amount of the BBN prize money, then BB is automatically expected to disqulifier the recipient because of the gift such an individual received outside the competition?

Well, I respect your decisions but I don't subscribe to it.

Let the voter's decide and let the umpire count the votes.

Thanks.
why you want someone to get away with 100k and d other 2 to left with zero naira..

don't know

Re: Family Festive Giveaway by Nobody: 4:32pm On Dec 12, 2021
isaiah4life:
I understand your point, sir. If I was a business participant and I was promised money for a competition I opt for, I would step down.

Not because I am foolish, but because my humanity and morality wouldn't allow me deprived another human from getting what I was clamouring for.

Stepping down is at the discretion of the participant which is completely different from being disqualified for breaking no rules.

Just like I stated earlier, I respect the decision but I still believe in the sanctity of sticking with rules of a contract, agreement or anything once it has been drafted, signed and sealed and any alterations is certainly a breach.

Cheers.
Re: Family Festive Giveaway by SurvivorM(f): 4:32pm On Dec 12, 2021
byrron:

This won't be the first, second and third time of me supporting unknown people on this platform with my own little resources, it is engraved in my DNA.

Thanks.
and that is the answer we all want to hear. Every body here have one problem or another that want solution.
Mr Snowland listed 3 plans, the plan 2 is already done, the plan 1 is to help family with businesses and candidates with business or wants to start one applied, they all need help one way or another.
Since out of the 4 one person has already gotten help then let the other 3 have a chance to be lucky too.

It's not fair if one person have 100k and 2 other desperate family have nothing, let the money circulate

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Family Festive Giveaway by isaiah4life(m): 4:33pm On Dec 12, 2021
I wonder oooo!

Boss snowland, use him brain eliminate the prejudice wey for corrupt the system.

Sey I talk am since, dem no hear. Oil dey that him head. No be engine ooo, but anointing oil.

superintendents:
why you want someone to get away with 100k and d other 2 to left with zero naira..

don't know

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Family Festive Giveaway by achaemeka(m): 4:35pm On Dec 12, 2021
Happy sunday guys.

As sapa take hook me so,abeg 2k go do me.

I dey expect my pay on wednesday.But from now till then still far.

Abeg make person allow God use am bless me.
Re: Family Festive Giveaway by superintendents(m): 4:36pm On Dec 12, 2021
achaemeka:
Happy sunday guys.

As sapa take hook me so,abeg 2k go do me.
I dey expect my pay on wednesday.But from now till then still far.
Abeg make person allow God use am bless me.
calm down...
Re: Family Festive Giveaway by Nobody: 4:37pm On Dec 12, 2021
superintendents:

don't know

This is very illogical.

Would you have voted for her knowing fully she is about to get 50k from somewhere else?

The answer is an emphatic NO, therefore she won't have gotten 100k and this is where common sense steps in.

Outside Nairaland, yes she can still win the prize for the contest because, sentiments won't be the only factor that voters will be looking at.

The point is this, let the voter's decide and there is no ambiguity in this.
Re: Family Festive Giveaway by isaiah4life(m): 4:37pm On Dec 12, 2021
Sir, I guess your definition of equity is different from ours. I respect your assertion, sir. It will be inhumane to give only one person 100k while one go away with nothing.

byrron:

Stepping down is at the discretion of the participant which is completely different from being disqualified for breaking no rules.

Just like I stated earlier, I respect the decision but I still believe in the sanctity of sticking with rules of a contract, agreement or anything one's it has been drafted, signed and sealed and any alterations is certainly a breach.

Cheers.
Re: Family Festive Giveaway by achaemeka(m): 4:38pm On Dec 12, 2021
superintendents:
calm down...

Yes sir.

Just that this hunger has a way of re-wiring my brain with the headache it brings......
Re: Family Festive Giveaway by SurvivorM(f): 4:40pm On Dec 12, 2021
byrron:

This is very illogical.

Would you have voted for her knowing fully she is about to get 50k from somewhere else?

The answer is an emphatic NO, therefore she won't have gotten 100k and this is where common sense steps in.

Outside Nairaland, yes she can still win the prize for the contest because, sentiments won't be the only factor that voters will be looking at.

The point is this, let the voter's decide and their is no ambiguity in this.
we are just going round and round, I think the decision is already made.
Ummufarrah is out of the competition, all that is left is for you kind Sir to give her the funds when you are ready
Re: Family Festive Giveaway by Nobody: 4:42pm On Dec 12, 2021
SurvivorM:
and that is the answer we all want to hear. Every body here have one problem or another that want solution.
Mr Snowland listed 3 plans, the plan 2 is already done, the plan 1 is to help family with businesses and candidates with business or wants to start one applied, they all need help one way or another.
Since out of the 4 one person has already gotten help then let the other 3 have a chance to be lucky too.

It's not fair if one person have 100k and 2 other desperate family have nothing, let the money circulate

You all should stop using the word "fairness" which is even the reason I'm bringing this up.

Fairness simply means giving all participants a chance irrespective of whatever they get outside the competion from external sources.

Fairness is simply stating the rules and criteria for participation and whoever that meets that criteria should contest.

The issue of fairness here should only apply based on the rules of the contest.

Being sentimental shouldn't be mistaken for fairness.

Cheers.

1 Like

Re: Family Festive Giveaway by superintendents(m): 4:42pm On Dec 12, 2021
byrron:

This is very illogical.

The point is this, let the voter's decide and their is no ambiguity in this.
if you want may dey put her to me,is simple task..we would gather massive vote for others and exclude her..

if that was d case..
Re: Family Festive Giveaway by Nobody: 4:45pm On Dec 12, 2021
superintendents:
if you want may dey put her to me,is simple task..we would gather massive vote for others and exclude her..

if that was d case..

That's the point I'm making since 1913, let the voter's decide and disqualifing someone for not breaking any rules isn't fairness.

Thanks.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Family Festive Giveaway by isaiah4life(m): 4:48pm On Dec 12, 2021
Funny at it seems, if we gather votes and exclude her, we are being bias.

It a no no for me.

superintendents:

if that was d case..

1 Like

Re: Family Festive Giveaway by snowland(m): 4:51pm On Dec 12, 2021
byrron:

Just like I stated earlier, I respect the decision but I still believe in the sanctity of sticking with rules of a contract, agreement or anything one's it has been drafted, signed and sealed and any alterations is certainly a breach.

Cheers.

Bro I really respect your view. But incase you missed it, nothing at this point is guaranteed. Even that someone wins the vote does not mean they will get the fund if they fail verification of claim.
It's not everyone that'll have the patience to go through the entire thread and see that one of the contestants had been promised a certain amount. Voting is not going to take place in this thread not even in this section. I'm gonna post in a totally different section to avoid bias because some of the contestants are popular than other. I want their plans speak for them, not their popularity. I know popularity will still play few part, but it will be considerably reduced. Who knows I might even take it out of Nairaland completely to give a level playing ground.

As for the BBN example you set, my Oga, none of the BBN contestants goes home empty handed. As long as you made it in the house, you get something, whether you're evicted 1 hour later or you made it to the final. They are all winners, they just have different amount of wins.

On the other hand, one of the contestants in my giveaway will go home with 0 naira. It might even be 2 of them if @ummufarrah is allowed to compete. I'll rather have one than have two. @UmmuFarrah is already a winner, so it's a win-win situation.

2 Likes

Re: Family Festive Giveaway by Nobody: 5:04pm On Dec 12, 2021
isaiah4life:
Sir, I guess your definition of equity is different from ours. I respect your assertion, sir. It will be inhumane to give only one person 100k while one go away with nothing.

She wasn't going to get 100k because the prize at stake is 50k and not 100k.

Secondly, the winner will be determined by voters and her odds of winning is 1:10000000000000000000000 which is why she won't have won since it is a public knowledge that she has been promised 50k.
Re: Family Festive Giveaway by Nobody: 5:06pm On Dec 12, 2021
snowland:

Bro I really respect your view. But incase you missed it, nothing at this point is guaranteed. Even that someone wins the vote does not mean they will get the fund if they fail verification of claim.
It's not everyone that'll have the patience to go through the entire thread and see that one of the contestants had been promised a certain amount. Voting is not going to take place in this thread not even in this section. I'm gonna post in a totally different section to avoid bias because some of the contestants are popular than other. I want their plans speak for them, not their popularity. I know popularity will still play few part, but it will be considerably reduced. Who knows I might even take it out of Nairaland completely to give a level playing ground.

As for the BBN example you set, my Oga, none of the BBN contestants goes home empty handed. As long as you made it in the house, you get something, whether you're evicted 1 hour later or you made it to the final. They are all winners, they just have different amount of wins.

On the other hand, one of the contestants in my giveaway will go home with 0 naira. It might even be 2 of them if @ummufarrah is allowed to compete. I'll rather have one than have two. @UmmuFarrah is already a winner, so it's a win-win situation.

I respect your decision.

1 Like

Re: Family Festive Giveaway by Lemonadewifey: 5:08pm On Dec 12, 2021
snowland:

No one else signified interests in PLAN 1. Any new interest is too late at this point. Voting will be among the other 3 contestants.
Good evening sir. I actually signified interest in plan 1. Please consider me just incase you decide to add one more contestant. Thanks
Re: Family Festive Giveaway by VTJN(m): 5:54pm On Dec 12, 2021
Disqualifying @Ummufarrah isn't fair. She was in a contest. She never erred or break any rules. Why the disqualification? The sentiment on thi very platform is pretty much. If @byrron hadn't promised to gift her the same amount she's competing with. She wouldn't even stand the chances of winning the contest at first because of the level of sentiment exhibited

Besides, her sincerity earned her the money. byrron does noticed how bayased and being sentimental some members are in making sure a/some certain persons win the contest. It ought to be a plus to her and not dropping her

Imagine gifting a contestant money from my personal pocket. Does that stopped such contestant forging ahead to contest and possibly win the contest? Ofcourse not

@Snowland I have no say on how you chose to spend your money. However, this is a public forum. You did asked to air our views, ideas and votes in getting the right beneficiaries for the said fund and it's disbursement

Sadly, i didn't futher stressed myself voting for any candidates having seen the politics put in place. @Snowland i expected you to figure it out too. It's crystal clear

Anyway, like i said earlier. Your money, your decision.

Let me solicit for fund too. Please anyone should come to my aid @Snowland please help me biko

I'm extremely broke and unemployed. Please any well wishers should kindly come to my aid. Though my pressing need is job. Nonetheless, I'm salivating to all these funds. As a broke dude please anyone should please help with something to feed with. I am hungry. Myself and sibling. To get job for this naija na war!

To be candid, disqualifying @Ummufarrah is completely out of fairness. @Ummufarrah a decision had been taken. You got disqualified for being gifted cash by someone who got glued to your sincerity

@Snowland biko help me o, God would meet your friends who were victims of the Tornado incidence at the point of their needs and restore their loss

Anyone should help biko. @Ummufarrah I love you wink

6 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Family Festive Giveaway by FriendsAndFans(m): 6:04pm On Dec 12, 2021
How ever it goes
Re: Family Festive Giveaway by FriendsAndFans(m): 6:04pm On Dec 12, 2021
Nigerians arguing over money that isn't theirs in the first place. Who go win go still getLucky
Re: Family Festive Giveaway by snowland(m): 7:29pm On Dec 12, 2021
VTJN:

Anyway, like i said earlier. Your money, your decision.

Let me solicit for fund too. Please anyone should come to my aid @Snowland please help me biko

I'm extremely broke and unemployed. Please any well wishers should kindly come to my aid. Though my pressing need is job. Nonetheless, I'm salivating to all these funds. As a broke dude please anyone should please help with something to feed with. I am hungry. Myself and sibling. To get job for this naija na war!

To be candid, disqualifying @Ummufarrah is completely out of fairness. @Ummufarrah a decision had been taken. You got disqualified for being gifted cash by someone who got glued to your sincerity

@Snowland biko help me o, God would meet your friends who were victims of the Tornado incidence at the point of their needs and restore their loss

Anyone should help biko. @Ummufarrah I love you wink

Boss @VTJN, thanks for your honest feedback. It's much appreciated.
Let me repeat myself again. The purpose of this giveaway was initially to give to families with kids but then after ruminating on how to select the families that duely deserve the fund, I brought the business angle to it. The aim is to help families that has businesses and are cash starved. These four people responded and I selected the four of them. I dont know if they have millions in their accounts (no way to find out) but the only way I can see their seriousness is through their business plans.

All these people are given Equal Platform. But when one of them is promised the exact amount that is being contested for, it threw the Equality Platform into the imbalance. This negates my original intent of giving to someone that DO NOT have.

Like I said earlier, I do not have any idea if all these 4 contestants have millions in their accounts and come out here to claim they need fund, however what I do know now is one of them now has a promise of 50k. In all fairness, she's no longer in equality to the other 3 contestants that has nobody publicly promised them any amount. If the promise to her had not been in the open, she would have continued. And if any other contestants have such promises and in the open, such a contestant stands to be disqualified. No strings attached.

I want to respectfully counter yours and @brryon assertions that she would not have won anyways, that is absolutely not true. Here's the scenario that I noticed:

The first person gave her plans and everyone was rooting for her. Then the other contestants submitted hers, and then she started gaining upper hands. It's all about the quality of a plan and how its presented.

@Ummufarrah was written off completely even before she gave her plans, by herself inclusive. When she contemplated dropping off, I personally encouraged her not to do so because I knew she stands a better chance at winning. (This can be verified, its somewhere in this thread). I have absolutely nothing against any of the selected four. Also I know none of these contestants but I believe in equality. But when there's an imbalance in equality, concept of equity sets in.

Her being "given" 50k threw of the balance of equality, hence I had to introduce the concept to equity.
I believe in spreading the wealth, let almost everyone get something. Wealth should not be concentrated in the hands of the few.

Once again, I appreciate your constructive feedback .

2 Likes

Re: Family Festive Giveaway by Mumben(f): 7:58pm On Dec 12, 2021
Akposy:
Ahnie. You made me go through the entire thread. Thanks for the tag.

God bless you Snowland and Brryon for putting smile on the faces of these women.

I will vote for my chosen 2 when voting commences. Kindly tag me please.

Congratulations to UmmuFarrah.

Sincerely, I wish I could do a giveaway like this on
Nairaland. Nairaland have been a blessing to me in many ways. When God blesses me, I will surely do something similar.

Okay....lemme do something. Anyone in Abuja or north interested in half a basket of tomato or freshly harvested strawberries, kindly mention me. Just one person please (na here my power reach). Also, I can teach one person home/container gardening for free (you must be garden enthusiastic).
Thanks

I am in Nyanya, I am interested.

1 Like

Re: Family Festive Giveaway by Akposy(m): 8:32pm On Dec 12, 2021
Mumben:

I am in Nyanya, I am interested.
Kindly help with your WhatsApp contact
Re: Family Festive Giveaway by Nobody: 8:35pm On Dec 12, 2021
Akposy:

Kindly help with your WhatsApp contact
I'm in suleja I'm interested
Re: Family Festive Giveaway by Mumben(f): 9:11pm On Dec 12, 2021
[quote author=Akposy post=108441466]
Kindly help with your WhatsApp contact [/quot.
Re: Family Festive Giveaway by Modupetemmy1(f): 10:38pm On Dec 12, 2021
@snowland pls I guess it's not too late to join. Just seeing the thread now and I would love to participate.
Pls can you allow me to participate
Re: Family Festive Giveaway by money121(m): 11:21pm On Dec 12, 2021
byrron:

Thanks.
No be Rich person dey assist ooo if Giving don dey person DNA no matter the issue you will surely give
Last week am on sick bed that didn't stop me to assist does in need becos is part of me
Even does that came to check on me moti shey transfer fun won grin grin
Aliamudulilahi feeling better now

My brother Giver Never Lack may Almighty God continue is mercy On Us

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) ... (37) (Reply)

14 Things That Hurt Your Wife / My Wife Has Changed Negatively, Please Advice Me. / My Husband Is A Sex Freak

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 85
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.