Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,147,954 members, 7,799,235 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 05:28 PM

He Got 2.2 In Sch And His Dad Became Hostile To Him. - Education (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / He Got 2.2 In Sch And His Dad Became Hostile To Him. (10288 Views)

He Graduated 11 Years Ago With 2:2 And Just Discovered That It's A Mistake / Linda Iheme Gets 5 Distinctions In Medical Sch.UNIBEN (Pic + Profile) / Third Class And 2.2 In Our Federal Universities. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: He Got 2.2 In Sch And His Dad Became Hostile To Him. by Nobody: 4:06pm On Jun 12, 2011
@ Poster: it is on a scale of 5. You sure sef na una write una exams? Ur tenses are terrible! Anyway let him go get sth going for him.Wetin concern hin father again? Nigerian graduates are not employable, so go and create ur own job. The father never listens to him, attitude gone to worse. I don die! E be like sey na ESUT u dey?
Re: He Got 2.2 In Sch And His Dad Became Hostile To Him. by buzugee(m): 4:07pm On Jun 12, 2011
chamber2:

Like the Wole Soyinkas ? That's where i belong cool cool
grin grin awon elemu grin grin
Re: He Got 2.2 In Sch And His Dad Became Hostile To Him. by violent(m): 4:11pm On Jun 12, 2011
Wizardofoz:

If you cant do something as simple as that, then why should you be trusted with something more intellectually demanding?

I dont get you point, if person A cant answer a simple question, it must be because he is more intelligent than that?

Interesting!

The smartest people that ever lived were called smart not because they were able to come up with answers but because they were able to come up with questions!

Questions that opens up avenue for new studies to be conducted, questions that challenged old conventions, questions that challenge the logic surrounding an idea.

I wouldn't hire anyone simply because they were able to remember what their lecturers mentioned in class, . . .what if their lecturers are dumb?
Re: He Got 2.2 In Sch And His Dad Became Hostile To Him. by Wizardofoz: 4:12pm On Jun 12, 2011
Pharoh:

Interesting thread, i should say Nigerians focus too much on grades and leave other things of substance, having a better grade in Nigeria is mainly to be boastful and seek respec[/b]t and not necessarily to imbibe knowledge or skills.

So people get good grades to be boastful, not to imbibe (i.e. [b]receive into the mind and retain)
knowledge and skill, because in the process of trying to learn, you skip the knowledge acquisition step?

That is:

You learn something and know it by heart/mind

You are tested on it

You are adjudged to have learnt it excellently/intelligently, hence, the First Class

Yet, according to you, you have not really imbibed aka received into the mind and retain  the knowldge?

I like your logic. No wonder.
Re: He Got 2.2 In Sch And His Dad Became Hostile To Him. by Wizardofoz: 4:19pm On Jun 12, 2011
violent:

The smartest people that ever lived were called smart not because they were able to come up with answers but because they were able to come up with questions!

Questions that opens up avenue for new studies to be conducted, questions that challenged old conventions, questions that challenge the logic surrounding an idea.

I wouldn't hire anyone simply because they were able to remember what their lecturers mentioned in class, . . .what if their lecturers are dumb?

So Third class people can come up with more/better questions than First Class people?

So you think Nigerian universities should do way with end of semester exams and replace it with what? End of sememter blank papers? At the end of each semester, they should give the students blank papers and tell them to write down questions and they should be graded on the quality of the questions they ask?
Re: He Got 2.2 In Sch And His Dad Became Hostile To Him. by buzugee(m): 4:22pm On Jun 12, 2011
Wizardofoz:

So Third class people can come up with more/better questions than First Class people?

So you think Nigerian universities should do way with end of semester exams and replace it with what? End of sememter blank papers? At the end of each semester, they should give the students blank papers and tell them to write down questions and they should be graded on the quality of the questions they ask?

grin grin now you are just playing dumb. or do you really mean to ask the question in this post ? shocked
Re: He Got 2.2 In Sch And His Dad Became Hostile To Him. by illusion2: 4:27pm On Jun 12, 2011
Rich4god:

Its on a scale of six as follows: 1st class; 2nd class upper(2.1); 2nd class lower(2.2); 3rd class; pass n fail. According to him, he said that 2.1 n 1st class is very very difficult to get in his school except if you are actually out to sort d lecturers (paying 4 gud results). He sch in Esut(enugu state university).
See correct olodo cry cry cry

No wonder people no longer take Nigeria's education system seriously again.

Can you imagine 'scale of six'.

Na wa o !
Re: He Got 2.2 In Sch And His Dad Became Hostile To Him. by emmatok(m): 4:31pm On Jun 12, 2011
There big difference between Academic excellence and being intelligent

Intelligent is the ability to think widely, going beyond the filed of study.

Most successful businessmen and politicians are intelligent, but not sound academically.

How many Professors do you see in business or politics. Because most of them are limited to their field of study.

But many successful businessmen and politicians can argue about almost any field of study because of the level of exposure. That is were intelligent come in.

But the guys father has the right to show concern. Any father will do.
Re: He Got 2.2 In Sch And His Dad Became Hostile To Him. by Wizardofoz: 4:34pm On Jun 12, 2011
buzugee:

grin grin now you are just playing dumb. or do you really mean to ask the question in this post ? shocked

My freshman-year introductory psychology course was designed like most courses one finds not just at the college level, but from middle school onward. The main means of teaching was lecture, and the main assessment of performance was a set of tests that measured our recall and basic understanding of the facts taught in the course. I got a C. My professor commented to me, "There is a famous Sternberg in psychology, and it looks like there won't be another one." I got discouraged, left psychology, and came back only when I was failing my introductory course for math majors and decided a C was better than an F.

If they had given him blank papers at the end of his first semester, he probably would have done better and his skills better assessed, acccording to @violet.

It is a sincere question.
Re: He Got 2.2 In Sch And His Dad Became Hostile To Him. by buzugee(m): 4:43pm On Jun 12, 2011
Wizardofoz:

If they had given him blank papers at the end of his first semester, he probably would have done better and his skills better assessed, acccording to @violet.

It is a sincere question.
ok ooo i hear ya. anyway sha the guys pops should be ferociously thrashed with a lanyard for failing in his job as a father and nurturer.
Re: He Got 2.2 In Sch And His Dad Became Hostile To Him. by Rich4god(m): 4:45pm On Jun 12, 2011
@emmatek, Am nt tryn 2 ridicule anybodies family, d guy in question is my friend, and i myself am still struggling to make 2.1 even am in final yr, so am nt here to ridicule anybody. Why i posted dis z dat d guy told me how his dad has been reacting over his poor result though according to him, he said in Esut, gud result are hard to come by, also that in his class, only abt 15/137 studnt made 2.1(if u r an Esut graduate plz confirm dis assertion). So i jst wnt 2 hia wat u al kan say ova dis.
Re: He Got 2.2 In Sch And His Dad Became Hostile To Him. by chamber2(m): 4:47pm On Jun 12, 2011
@emmatek, Am nt tryn 2 ridicule anybodies family, d guy in question is my friend, and i myself am still struggling to make 2.1 even am in final yr, so am nt here to ridicule anybody. Why i posted dis z dat d guy told me how his dad has been reacting over his poor result though according to him, he said in Esut, gud result are hard to come by, also that in his class, only abt 15/137 studnt made 2.1(if u r an Esut graduate plz confirm dis assertion). So i jst wnt 2 hia wat u al kan say ova dis.

Why are good results hard to come by?
Re: He Got 2.2 In Sch And His Dad Became Hostile To Him. by violent(m): 4:52pm On Jun 12, 2011

Where in my post did you infer this from?

They don't have to do away with exams, unfortunately, exams remain one of the principal ways to measure an individual's understanding about a certain subject.

That said, examinations in Nigerian University is one that hardly screen for the best crop of intellects.  Exams are mostly structured in a way that meant that students simply have to remember a certain line or paragraph in their notes to pass or otherwise end up with poor grades.  Lecturers hardly examine the logic behind a candidates answer and most of the time, they are more contented if a candidate returns exactly what is written in their notes word for word!---- that's not education, that's bullshyt!

During my undergraduate days, i only study hard in the week of exam trying to grab as much as i could in my massive brain, in the end, i come out with one of the best grades in my department, far ahead of those who attended classes and took notes. . . .and no, it doesn't mean i understand the basic principles surrounding the topics, i simply did what i had to do simply to make the lecturers happy enough, get good grades, I am happy, my parents are happy---win win!

For my postgrad however, the situation is totally different!. . . .Lecturers give you questions they have no answers to themselves, they simply award marks based on your logic which eventually proves your understanding of the subject matter. Some even ask you questions that are not directly related to the course itself, just to test how broad your understanding is, and how you can relate it with the problem at hand!

Additionally, real intelligent people would perform exceedingly well, whatever field they find themselves.  They are not limited by their understanding of their fields, they instead, are diverse enough to explore the depths of other sectors.  Asking candidates a few questions and expecting them to return to you, the lines in their notes, word for word, is nothing but a sheer wasted efforts.

Hear this, back in my undergrad, i had a lecturer who has been using the same notes for 6 consecutive years, there was a paragraph in the note that had a few spelling errors which eventually took everything out of context. and when he asks questions in exams, student return exactly what was written in their notes, and the lecturer marks it right!!!!!! shocked

Is that how you define intelligence my friend?
Re: He Got 2.2 In Sch And His Dad Became Hostile To Him. by emmatok(m): 4:54pm On Jun 12, 2011
Rich4god:

@emmatek,  Am nt tryn 2 ridicule anybodies family, d guy in question is my friend, and i myself am still struggling to make 2.1 even am in final yr, so am nt here to ridicule anybody. Why i posted dis z dat d guy told me how his dad has been reacting over his poor result though according to him, he said in Esut, gud result are hard to come by, also that in his class, only abt 15/137 studnt made 2.1(if u r an Esut graduate plz confirm dis assertion). So i jst wnt 2 hia wat u al kan say ova dis.

OK, sorry for being lil harsh.

His fathers concern is understandable.

All your friend needs to do is apologies to his father.

And promise to do better.
Re: He Got 2.2 In Sch And His Dad Became Hostile To Him. by violent(m): 5:01pm On Jun 12, 2011
emmatok:

OK, sorry for being lil harsh.

His fathers concern is understandable.

All your friend needs to do is apologies to his father.

And promise to do better.

Apologise to his father? did he smash his dad's windshield?
Re: He Got 2.2 In Sch And His Dad Became Hostile To Him. by DeeJ1(m): 5:03pm On Jun 12, 2011
Quote from Buzugee
and with all the 1 st class we cant manufacture a light bulb.  abeg go and siddon somewhere. first class in nigeria is strictly merit in your ability to regurgitate verbatim what you have  read. people like this are uni-dimensional. totally useless to  any society. people with critical thinking skills in nigeria will  graduate with about 2 , 2  reason being when your brain is that wired, you view a question wholesomely. you read books  wholesomely. and you answer questions wholesomely. this in  naija translates into bad grades. nobody wants wholesome  answers. regurgitate.

True talk my brother!

But I wonder how University results would be considered a true reflection of the intelligence level of an individual (esp. In Nigerian University system where it is strictly 'Garbage in Garbage out' to be on top of the class).
- No parameters to elicit the levels of creativity/applied reasoning of individuals in the present system.

The good thing is that the truly intelligent ones in this world, whether with 4th class University grade, will still make it big time once they believe they can.
Re: He Got 2.2 In Sch And His Dad Became Hostile To Him. by buzugee(m): 5:06pm On Jun 12, 2011
violent:

Apologise to his father? did he smash his dad's windshield?

grin grin naija people are crazy. dont try to understand them. the father is the one who needs to apologize for kicking the hapless boy out of home. i mean it does say in the good book to treat your children with respect before expecting it back from them.
Re: He Got 2.2 In Sch And His Dad Became Hostile To Him. by buzugee(m): 5:09pm On Jun 12, 2011
Dee-J:

Quote from Buzugee
True talk my brother!

But I wonder how University results would be considered a true reflection of the intelligence level of an individual (esp. In Nigerian University system where it is strictly 'Garbage in Garbage out' to be on top of the class).
- No parameters to elicit the levels of creativity/applied reasoning of individuals in the present system.

The good thing is that the truly intelligent ones in this world, whether with 4th class University grade, will still make it big time once they believe they can.
speak on it bruh. cream will always rise to the top. or as they say 'water go always find hin level' or as the pimps in america say 'get in where you fit in' grin
Re: He Got 2.2 In Sch And His Dad Became Hostile To Him. by violent(m): 5:11pm On Jun 12, 2011
buzugee:

grin grin naija people are crazy. dont try to understand them. the father is the one who needs to apologize for kicking the hapless boy out of home. i mean it does say in the good book to treat your children with respect before expecting it back from them.

i tire oh. . .
Re: He Got 2.2 In Sch And His Dad Became Hostile To Him. by emmatok(m): 5:15pm On Jun 12, 2011
violent:

Apologise to his father?  did he smash his dad's windshield?

Is it until he smash his dad's windshield b4 he can apologies.

So because he is a grown ass man, he can stand-up to his father.

If your dad corrects you, all you need to do is to accept correction.
Re: He Got 2.2 In Sch And His Dad Became Hostile To Him. by buzugee(m): 5:20pm On Jun 12, 2011
emmatok:

So because he is a grown backside man, he can stand-up to his father.

i think you are missing the point. will you apologize to your children for being ridiculed at school by their peers because you their mother is only 4 feet tall ? will you say ' well i am sorry for being only 4 ft tall' ? grin
Re: He Got 2.2 In Sch And His Dad Became Hostile To Him. by violent(m): 5:24pm On Jun 12, 2011
emmatok:

So because he is a grown backside man, he can stand-up to his father.

I'm sorry but i don't get the point.

Are you saying the boy has should apologize to his father even though his father stopped believing in him and threw him out of the house?

Or the boy should apologize because he underperformed the class average, something he probably couldn't have helped?

which of the two do you suppose he should be sorry for?
Re: He Got 2.2 In Sch And His Dad Became Hostile To Him. by IbegbuPI: 5:34pm On Jun 12, 2011
Life & living are complicated, deep, but vane. If life were so easy, no sane man will jump out from labour market to open a church of his own, Jesus Inc., collecting tithes & lying about God just to eat. Our late Fawehinmi did not even make 2.2, he was great in every sense of greatness.
Your friend has not told you all the truth. Beyond his grade, there are other issues with his dad. He does't appear meek. He may be the type that talks back at his father. Maybe wastes too much to achieve too little. Jumping out of your father's house because you have graduated without sorting issues will worsen matter. You may earn all the money there is, yet unhappy. If the dad was over-expecting, it becomes his lot to calmly explain reality to the father. Some mismanage their dad's joy and get away with it, many perish thereafter. A dad is ones God on earth, especially the dad that cares and trains. Success is not about the grade you come out with, not even the amount of cash you garner BUT THE INTEGRITY YOUR IMAGE CONJURES TO YOUR FAMILY, IMMEDIATE NEIGHBOUR, AND COMMUNITY.
Re: He Got 2.2 In Sch And His Dad Became Hostile To Him. by emmatok(m): 5:36pm On Jun 12, 2011
violent:

I'm sorry but i don't get the point.

Are you saying the boy has should apologize to his father even though his father stopped believing in him and threw him out of the house?

Or the boy should apologize because he underperformed the class average, something he probably couldn't have helped?

which of the two do you suppose he should be sorry for?

Read the post very well, the dad didn't throw his son out the house.

He left the house because his father chided him.

So when chide father his son for whatever reason the, the normal thing to do is to leave the house?
Re: He Got 2.2 In Sch And His Dad Became Hostile To Him. by emmatok(m): 6:03pm On Jun 12, 2011
Read the post very well, the dad didn't throw his son out the house.

He left the house because his father chided him.

So when a father chide his son for whatever reason the, the normal thing to do is to leave the house?

What is difficult in saying "am sorry" to his father.

21st century children. lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
Re: He Got 2.2 In Sch And His Dad Became Hostile To Him. by Acidosis(m): 7:11pm On Jun 12, 2011
People don't pay you for what you have, they pay for what you can do with what you have.
What does he *father* want to do with a first class result? Is it not to make money? And probably spend the rest of his life working tirelessly like a slave for another man *sometimes, the so called illiterates*or am I missing something?
education is the reason why many won't 'make it' in life! Cos the scholastic system teaches students how to work for fellow human being all thru their life. A teacher will say, ''study hard so u can get a good company to work for'', while some *me* will say, ''study hard so u can get a company to buy''.
If I were your brilliant friend, I will spend quality time writing big business proposals instead of wasting time writing CVs. Also note that the gift of a man always make the a good way.
I wish ur friend success in life.
Re: He Got 2.2 In Sch And His Dad Became Hostile To Him. by nat138: 7:13pm On Jun 12, 2011
For the person who asked how the grading system works;
in Most cases the grades points are from 0.9-5.0, though I learnt schools like University of Lagos have up to 7 points.
4.50 - 5.0; 1st Class
3.50 - 4.49; 2.1
2.40 - 3.49; 2.2
1.50 - 2.39; 3rd class and
1.00 - 1.49; pass and any point below that is fail.

Rich4god:

@emmatek,  Am nt tryn 2 ridicule anybodies family, d guy in question is my friend, and i myself am still struggling to make 2.1 even am in final yr, so am nt here to ridicule anybody. Why i posted dis z dat d guy told me how his dad has been reacting over his poor result though according to him, he said in Esut, gud result are hard to come by, also that in his class, only abt 15/137 studnt made 2.1(if u r an Esut graduate plz confirm dis assertion). So i jst wnt 2 hia wat u al kan say ova dis.

Poster, I don't mean to insult you, but I hope this is not how you write your examinations in school, with all these stupid short codes you typed as if you are typing a text message when you have unlimited space to type out in full. Because if this is how you write your examinations, am sorry but you will not graduate with that 2.1 you are praying so hard for. People who access these website are from varying backgrounds and it will make a whole lot of sense if you can at least type words in full

Cheers.
Re: He Got 2.2 In Sch And His Dad Became Hostile To Him. by ayubam: 7:16pm On Jun 12, 2011
Just to add to various comments here, the fundamental fault of the Father is to treat the boy with disdain for failing to come out with a 2.2. Much is not said here about the help the father gave to the boy while in school. Many Fathers have failed in this regard exchanging the whole responsibility of fathering to paying school fees, looking for money et al. I must quickly add for the egocentric ones here that the 1st class students also faced the same troubles yet they came out with good results but how well has that good results have translated to knowledge in the society.

I relate my personal example. I was a promising student from primary through secondary education. I represented my LGA in JETS competition and Gifted and Talented students to the final stage at Primary six and missed out narrowly from going to Suleja Academy. I proceeded to GCI in Ibadan and moved to Wesley College of Science with great zeal and commitment. At first seating (BY THE GRACE OF GOD), I had 7distinctions in all my sciences and 2 credits in English and Further Mathematics. That to me was disappointing cos I was gunning for all As.

The first blow was my UME result which I did in SS2 and scored 204 and wanted Medicine? The cut-off that year was 253 and the list of those above 253 mark who chose Medicine were just 45 but UI admitted over 400 students that year including anyone above 200 but couldnt get in. I transfered to do Chemistry and all politics still did not get in. My parent had to rush to LAUTECH, y cos they wanted me in school that year. I was not informed and no counseling at all and got admission into LAUTECH changed to Mechanical Engrg and all I did throughout LAUTECH was fighting the fact that I was in LAUTECH and no serious plan to leave. I did not find engrg difficult but I lost interest totally with the style of teaching, manner of assessment, classroom envt, and so many psychological issues, but was I the only one that feel that way? NO. I eventually came out with a 2.2 and was pained but left it at that.

At labour mkt, it was hell. Everyone who I knew naturally assume I came out with a 2.1 @ least. Every place I am submitting, age was on my side cos I completed NYSC at 23 but 2.2 was the cross. I applied for several schorlarship after an outstanding GRE score and got partial schorlarship at 2 schools in USA but could still not fund the rest. Got Admission in 2 universities in UK and no money. THAT WAS WHEN I REALLY BLAMED MYSELF THAT NIGERIA DEMANDS  UNDERSTANDING THE SYSTEM AND JUST ADJUST. Instead of complaining about learning method while in LAUTECH, I should have cram like every other student and get the good result and display intelligence later in life.

At last, I joined a top rated Bank in Nigeria, after success in that bank and promotion within 2 yrs, moved to another major bank and within 1.5years in the bank got promoted and left for UK as an highly skilled immigrant. Within 5months in UK, I joined one of the big banks as a Risk Analyst (specializing in Credit Risk Modelling-retail banking/mkt risk dept).  I DID NOT HAVE A MSC (YET) OR ANY OTHER QUALIFICATIONS ANYWHERE OTHER THAN MY B.TECH 2.2 IN MECHANICAL ENGINEERING.

I have worked with the 1st class, 2.1 and 2.2 and I have attended lectures delivered by 3rd class  products and in no circumstance did I ever look down on myself cos I have been disappointed by all of those classes put together and some ALL STILL HAVE A LOT TO LEARN AS MANY CANNOT PASS A COMPETENCY BASED INTERVIEW IN UK AND MY FRIENDS IN USA HAVE SIMILAR EXPERIENCE.

Today, I mentor graduates from all classes of grades and I have put my failure to come out with a good grade behind me as I am on my way to be an FRM qualified person. I love First Class Products but prefer the ones from the west where I am very sure learning took place  and ABOVE ALL FOR FIRST CLASS PRODUCTS FROM NAIJA, I RESPECT YOUR DILIGENCE, COMMITMENT, ZEAL AND ACHIEVEMENTS BUT IT DOES NOT END THERE. THE REAL WORLD WILL PROOF THE BRAIN.

Check out of the following?

Gani Fawehinmi-------------- 3rd Class

Wole Soyinka,     3rd class

Olubi Johnson--------------    1st class

David Oyedepo                     HND class unknown

Pat Utomi,    I dont know his class

Okojonwela ,        1st class i think

Soludo,                 Class Unkown

Dora ,         Class Unknown

Dele Oladeji -----                 1st class (1991 2nd best Maths student in AFrica from Abadina college) Now a director in coca cola USA

Chinua Achebe-------           failed medicine 2ce and sent packing from medical school

and look for more list. Something more than class of grade distinguished them.
Re: He Got 2.2 In Sch And His Dad Became Hostile To Him. by MMM2(m): 7:17pm On Jun 12, 2011
op
how old is ur friend?
Re: He Got 2.2 In Sch And His Dad Became Hostile To Him. by tpm(m): 7:22pm On Jun 12, 2011
Poster, your guy should stop worrying his head. He has not committed any offense by making 2.2. The reality of work in this country today gives no consideration of paper certificate not to talk of what ever inscription printed on it. Yes, in the past it may have been a point to ponder. But for now, the tune has shifted. I made a 2.1 from a reputable university, but this has never given me an edge over others than qualify for applications to apply for few vacancies which never yielded any positive result. I know of someone with 3rd class, and he works in one of the countries renowned oil companies. Even now that i am working, subsequent interviews pays no attention to certificates. Can you believe where  i work today, i have not been asked to bring my credentials after 8 months into the appointment. Just with my performance in the interview and details in my CV i guess, have said it all. Let him sit his dad down and talk to him.
Re: He Got 2.2 In Sch And His Dad Became Hostile To Him. by Nobody: 7:23pm On Jun 12, 2011
In nigerian universities getting first class these days is not a measure of one"s intelligence.The lecturer expects u to give him word for word in his note or handout on the day of exams and in some cases if he give you wrong values and you try to corrrect him on this u incur his wrath and he threatens u with failure.So in order not to step on his path if he gives you a wrong value on the day of exam also give him back the wrong value on you are on your way in getting a first class.Nigerian education is pure garbage anyway lipsrsealed
Re: He Got 2.2 In Sch And His Dad Became Hostile To Him. by Gbenge77(m): 7:29pm On Jun 12, 2011
Amazing!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

BAZE University Abuja Tuition Fee Is 1.65M Naira Owned By Former Senator / Kaduna State College Of Nursing And Midwifery Form Is Out And Is FREE / Download Complete Project Topics And Materials For FREE!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 101
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.