Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,296 members, 7,780,699 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 07:54 PM

What We Discussed With Tinubu – Shekarau - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / What We Discussed With Tinubu – Shekarau (16193 Views)

PDP G5 Governors: What We Discussed With President Tinubu - Makinde / The Tinubu, Shekarau Lagos Meeting And Ganduje’s Fate In APC / 2019 Elections: What Buhari Discussed With Service Chiefs In Closed Door Meeting (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

What We Discussed With Tinubu – Shekarau by naptu2: 1:59pm On Dec 08, 2021
Kano APC Crisis: What we discussed with Tinubu – Shekarau

Ibrahim Shekarau says the crisis in the APC in Kano is not about Mr Ganduje but about the leadership of the party in the state

By Abubakar Ahmadu Maishanu
December 7, 2021

A former governor of Kano State, Ibrahim Shekarau, on Tuesday, confirmed that the meeting on Sunday of members of his faction of the All Progressives Congress (APC) in Kano with a former governor of Lagos State, Bola Tinubu, was on the lingering party crisis in Kano.

Mr Shekarau told BBC Hausa that Mr Tinubu, who is the national leader of the party, invited him for the meeting in Lagos after he was briefed on the party crisis in Kano by Governor Abdullahi Ganduje.

Mr Ganduje’s loyalists constitute the other faction of the APC in Kano and controlled the leadership until the federal high court in Abuja last week voided the congresses that produced the party leaders.

Ganduje not our problem

Following the meeting with Mr Tinubu, Mr Shekarau said the crisis in the APC in the state has nothing to do with Mr Ganduje but rather the state’s leadership of the party.

Mr Shekarau said “I told Mr Tinubu that the crisis in Kano APC was not between myself and Ganduje, it is a disagreement of the party leadership in the state; we were sidelined in the affairs of the party in the state.

“Tinubu told me that Governor Ganduje initially briefed him about the crisis, so as a leader, he deemed it necessary to invite me to hear from me and he sent for me and we met on Sunday in Lagos,” Mr Shekarau said to BBC Hausa.

Mr Shekarau said the meeting with Mr Tinubu was strictly on the Kano party crisis. He said such a meeting with the party leader was usual as they had always met to discuss issues at stake in the APC.

The former Kano governor said all the contending groups in Kano have briefed Mr Tinubu about the party crisis in the state.

“He is a party leader; he will eventually render his advice on the next line of action for the success of the party,” Mr Shekarau said.

Background

The two Kano APC factions had conducted parallel state congresses on October 18 and produced two sets of leaders.

The Shekarau faction, which had two senators and four members of the House of Representatives, elected Haruna Danzago as chairman while Mr Ganduje’s camp elected Abdullahi Abbas.

The National Appeal Committee of the party later recognised Mr Abbas as the chairman of the party in the state, indicating its siding with the faction loyal to the governor.

Not satisfied with the decision of the party, the faction led by Mr Shekarau, headed to court, asking for the nullification of the congresses at the ward, local government and state levels conducted by the rival faction and recognition of its own.

Subsequently, the Federal High Court in Abuja granted the requests and upheld the congresses conducted by the Shekarau faction.

The judge also made an order restraining the Ganduje faction from appointing new leaders for the APC in the state.

Following the court judgment, arsonists last week attacked the campaign office of Barau Jibrin, one of the senators in the Shekarau camp.

The building also housed the new head office of the Shekarau group and was scheduled for commissioning on Thursday last week before the arsonists destroyed it.

Following the attack, the group wrote a petition to the Inspector-General of Police, Alkali Usman, accusing the rival faction of the arson.

The petition, dated December 2, was co-signed by Mr Shekarau, who is also the senator representing Kano Central, Mr Jibrin, who is the senator for Kano South, and four members of the House of Representatives including; Nasiru Abdua, Tijjani Jobe, Sha’aban Sharada and Haruna Dederi.

The petitioners fingered the chairperson of the rival faction, Mr Abbas, the state’s commissioner for Local Government Affairs, Murtala Garo; Faizu Alfindiki, chairperson Kano Municipal local government area; Khalid Diso, Chairperson Gwale LGA; Hassan Garban-Kauye, chairperson Kumbotso LGA; Auwal Shuaibu, Chairperson Nassarawa LGA and one Gwarmai as ”the sponsors of the arsonists.”

However, the spokesperson for the group, Ahmad Aruwa, denied the allegations.

https://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/top-news/499540-kano-apc-crisis-what-we-discussed-with-tinubu-shekarau.html

3 Likes

Re: What We Discussed With Tinubu – Shekarau by NwaNimo1(m): 2:00pm On Dec 08, 2021

1 Like

Re: What We Discussed With Tinubu – Shekarau by Haywhysat: 2:01pm On Dec 08, 2021
The Jagaban himself

60 Likes 4 Shares

Re: What We Discussed With Tinubu – Shekarau by Leverage2021: 2:01pm On Dec 08, 2021
I thought they said it was shekaaru that wanted the meeting with tinubu

At the end shekaaru called the meeting a mere advise which can even be said on phone

He said it's not about him but about securing the leadership of the party which buhari through baduru, fayemi, Gumi has given him already

Someone just want to boost ego with a needless visit

30 Likes 8 Shares

Re: What We Discussed With Tinubu – Shekarau by Asgard73: 2:02pm On Dec 08, 2021
grin

He said nothing... but we understand that is tough days ahead for ganduje..

Ganduje camp are loyal to Tinubu... shekarau faction are loyal to Kano Apc stakeholders who no send Tinubu but loyal to kwankwasiya.

We Dey town no be news propaganda on wetin public wan hear.

Any other Na politcal talk

35 Likes 1 Share

Re: What We Discussed With Tinubu – Shekarau by BigSarah(f): 2:03pm On Dec 08, 2021
grin Tinubu 2023.

Insha Allah

28 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What We Discussed With Tinubu – Shekarau by Maxymilliano(m): 2:05pm On Dec 08, 2021
Tinubu needs votes not crisis, I pity Malam Shekarau
Re: What We Discussed With Tinubu – Shekarau by ajumma(m): 2:08pm On Dec 08, 2021
bunch of confused fipu
Re: What We Discussed With Tinubu – Shekarau by vedaxcool(m): 2:14pm On Dec 08, 2021
Wailers are creeping out of the wood work like displaced creepers to gnarl at any news of a man they see in their dreams.

22 Likes 1 Share

Re: What We Discussed With Tinubu – Shekarau by ignis: 2:14pm On Dec 08, 2021
I can see APC falling down.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: What We Discussed With Tinubu – Shekarau by Cholls(m): 2:14pm On Dec 08, 2021
ajumma:

bunch of confused fipu

1 Like

Re: What We Discussed With Tinubu – Shekarau by rxmusa(m): 2:14pm On Dec 08, 2021
TINUBU- The nightmare of stupid vagabonds and useless nonentities.
May lasting peace be found

43 Likes 4 Shares

Re: What We Discussed With Tinubu – Shekarau by Mudi890p: 2:15pm On Dec 08, 2021

1 Like

Re: What We Discussed With Tinubu – Shekarau by daddytime(m): 2:15pm On Dec 08, 2021
Na una sabi wetin una discuss.

How e take be my business.
Re: What We Discussed With Tinubu – Shekarau by vedaxcool(m): 2:15pm On Dec 08, 2021
Maxymilliano:
Tinubu needs votes not crisis, I pity Malam Shekarau

At this rate I won't be surprised if you think of Tinubu more than your family!

27 Likes

Re: What We Discussed With Tinubu – Shekarau by Funkyswagzz(m): 2:15pm On Dec 08, 2021
Please i dont need to hear what he said. Tinubu has absolutely nothing to offer. Let him remain party leader as long as he want or legal advicer.. anyone that suits him

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: What We Discussed With Tinubu – Shekarau by tillaman(m): 2:16pm On Dec 08, 2021
sad

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What We Discussed With Tinubu – Shekarau by BobbieZion(m): 2:16pm On Dec 08, 2021
Who gives two F***ks what u discussed with Tinubu?

Mods why APC matter come dey sweet we na,to put am twice on front page....
Re: What We Discussed With Tinubu – Shekarau by vedaxcool(m): 2:16pm On Dec 08, 2021
Leverage2021:
I thought they said it was shekaaru that wanted the meeting with tinubu

At the end shekaaru called the meeting a mere advise which can even be said on phone

He said it's not about him but about securing the leadership of the party which buhari through baduru, fayemi, Gumi has given him already

Someone just want to boost ego with a needless visit

All I see is hating! If BAT could have easily advised
Shekau on the phone yet still invited Shakarau to come physically to meet him in far away Lagos what does that tell you? J is for Jagaban!

34 Likes 1 Share

Re: What We Discussed With Tinubu – Shekarau by candidbabe(f): 2:17pm On Dec 08, 2021
Na una wahala be that
E no concern me
Re: What We Discussed With Tinubu – Shekarau by Leverage2021: 2:17pm On Dec 08, 2021
Asgard73:
grin

He said nothing... but we understand that is tough days ahead for ganduje..

Ganduje camp are loyal to Tinubu... shekarau faction are loyal to Kano Apc stakeholders who no send Tinubu but loyal to kwankwasiya.

We Dey town no be news propaganda on wetin public wan hear.

Any other Na politcal talk
l
Re: What We Discussed With Tinubu – Shekarau by Leverage2021: 2:18pm On Dec 08, 2021
vedaxcool:

All I see is hating!
l
Re: What We Discussed With Tinubu – Shekarau by vedaxcool(m): 2:18pm On Dec 08, 2021
Leverage2021:
l

Already stammering grin grin

1 Like

Re: What We Discussed With Tinubu – Shekarau by foreshore(m): 2:18pm On Dec 08, 2021
Re: What We Discussed With Tinubu – Shekarau by BobbieZion(m): 2:19pm On Dec 08, 2021
vedaxcool:
Wailers are creeping out of the wood work like displaced creepers to gnarl at any news of a man they see in their dreams.

Shut the f*"* up.
Trash
Re: What We Discussed With Tinubu – Shekarau by MVLOX(m): 2:19pm On Dec 08, 2021
Wetin we know be say Wetin una discuss no concern Nigerians, so make only una digest am

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Peter Obi Accused Of Owing Workers And Pensioners During His Tenure / Igbokwe: If Buhari Is Indeed Sick, Let Him Proceed On Medical Leave / Tinubu Distances Self From 2023 Presidential Campaigners

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.