Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,790 members, 7,802,484 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 03:18 PM

What Are The Red Flags You Can't Overlook In A Relationship? - Romance (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / What Are The Red Flags You Can't Overlook In A Relationship? (30548 Views)

After Introduction, I’m Seeing Too Many Red Flags / What Are The Red Flags You Regret You Ignored In Your Relationship. / The Red Truth (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Are The Red Flags You Can't Overlook In A Relationship? by guneda: 6:57pm On Dec 08, 2021
Snoring
Re: What Are The Red Flags You Can't Overlook In A Relationship? by frankson1(m): 6:57pm On Dec 08, 2021
Gossip
A lady who can't seat at a place 'waka-waka'
Dirtiness
Lying
Discontent
Extravagant
Hot tempered
Ignorant

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Are The Red Flags You Can't Overlook In A Relationship? by Timekeeper: 6:58pm On Dec 08, 2021
Enny2013:
Stingyness...

One liability spotted.... U want him to give u money bcox u don't have hands to work abi

15 Likes

Re: What Are The Red Flags You Can't Overlook In A Relationship? by qtguru(m): 6:58pm On Dec 08, 2021
Being dramatic , nagging and a liability
Re: What Are The Red Flags You Can't Overlook In A Relationship? by SirJerrie(m): 6:58pm On Dec 08, 2021
All these people shouting "I hate lies".. Can you withstand the truth??

12 Likes

Re: What Are The Red Flags You Can't Overlook In A Relationship? by jayice(m): 6:59pm On Dec 08, 2021
Timidity,lack of self worth and over loyalty.

2 Likes

Re: What Are The Red Flags You Can't Overlook In A Relationship? by anochuko01(m): 6:59pm On Dec 08, 2021
Cursing
Stinginess
Stubborn
Re: What Are The Red Flags You Can't Overlook In A Relationship? by smallsmall: 6:59pm On Dec 08, 2021
Waiving a Red Flag! grin grin grin
Re: What Are The Red Flags You Can't Overlook In A Relationship? by newdawn2017(f): 6:59pm On Dec 08, 2021
GRACEGLORY:
The kinda woman or man you want, only exist in your head. If you can’t overlook, you are not ready for a relationship

People can overlook any shortcoming, but they will not tolerate arrogance.
-Sushma Swaraj
my dear I can't overlook red flags however suble, they re not pink in color put red. Imperfections differs & everyone human has one , 2, or 3. Hence u will choose ur imperfect perfect human. Not Red flagger my dear.
Re: What Are The Red Flags You Can't Overlook In A Relationship? by Olunmercy56(f): 6:59pm On Dec 08, 2021
uthlaw:
pls can you explain this bad communication?

You will see ur spouse online, messages delivered, he or she wouldn't reply. Even if it's twice in a day, you can't afford that, it's bad communication, even if it's good morning and good night messages, it's okay, if he or she can't do that, it's bad communication

5 Likes

Re: What Are The Red Flags You Can't Overlook In A Relationship? by Nostring: 6:59pm On Dec 08, 2021
Mercychen:
Womanizing
Smoking
Lying
Laziness
Verbal and physical abuse

Searching through my things when I'm not around. My ex did this a lot.

I remember the day I was coming from my elder sister's place (after Christmas) because he kept disturbing me to come back to area ( we stay in the same area) on the 31 so we can go for watchnight service together.

I went straight to his place with my travel bag. It was already night. So I went to shower to get ready for the watchnight service. I checked to see if I had locked the door before taking off my clothes, LO and behold the door was already locked from outside while the inside remained unlocked. I tot about it, shrugged and went ahead to boat it.

After bathing, I had to bang on the door before he opened it from outside. When I came out, he was smiling like a cat so I didn't think it to be anything because he plays a lot.

It was when I got to the sitting room and opened my bad that I discovered he was searching my bag while I was in the bathroom. That was why he locked me inside. Though he didn't touch my money but I later discovered he was searching for a condom. He wanted to know if I stopped by at a man's place before coming. Hmm...

Another one was after we broke up. He begged to come and see me. after much refusal, I told him to come.

when he came, I left my phone and went to get him a drink.
After he left, I discovered he tried turning on my phone but the casing of the phone had a protective plastic strip at the side. so all you need do is press on it and the light will come on but he didn't know so he now pulled on the strip and bent it badly so he could access my "on" button.
That was how he distroyed that phone case for me.

I don't know what he wanted to check in my phone after breaking up with him.

That's another red flag I can't overlook.

lol he dey mumu fr ur love ni..ur body don turn him to mumu.. crazily she fit no get yansh like that angry
Re: What Are The Red Flags You Can't Overlook In A Relationship? by Mikefrik(m): 7:00pm On Dec 08, 2021
LesbianBoy:
A mannerless lady is a no no for me!

A lady that wants equality. All my experiences has shown me that ladies especially the Nigerian ones don't want equality in reality na only for mouth and when it favours them.

So these days when I hear a lady talk about equality, what comes to my mind first is.....

"And yet another girl who think say she dey wise"
Oga, how can you be looking to being superior
to her when the both of you are female? Infact the only thing separating you both is that you are a boy and as you may know a boy is a child.
I didn't say so, your moniker did. LESBIANBOY

angry angry angry angry angry angry
Re: What Are The Red Flags You Can't Overlook In A Relationship? by blueivy8: 7:00pm On Dec 08, 2021
If you are too handsome that’s a red flag
If you have pink lips that’s also a red flag grin

1 Like

Re: What Are The Red Flags You Can't Overlook In A Relationship? by iconnecta(m): 7:00pm On Dec 08, 2021
manipulation and lies

2 Likes

Re: What Are The Red Flags You Can't Overlook In A Relationship? by newdawn2017(f): 7:00pm On Dec 08, 2021
Afriqan:
Gluttony. I detest female gluttons with a passion. angry

Those ones would sleep with your neighbour for fried rice and chicken if you go broke...

Others are unforgiving heart and cheating... Not to be tolerated at all.
gluttony isn't gender based. So I can't deal with any
Re: What Are The Red Flags You Can't Overlook In A Relationship? by Mikefrik(m): 7:01pm On Dec 08, 2021
DaudaTheSexyGuy:
If her toto has gone slack,I leave without looking back.
Oga be serious for once. How e wan take slack? Na wetin you dey pray for?
Re: What Are The Red Flags You Can't Overlook In A Relationship? by larryking540: 7:01pm On Dec 08, 2021
BigSarah:
Smoking ( a dumb activity)

Alcohol

Unequal input & output

smoking is a no for you ?
Re: What Are The Red Flags You Can't Overlook In A Relationship? by ghostboy: 7:01pm On Dec 08, 2021
Niece:
Every redflag shouldn't be overlooked.
do you know stammering is a redflag to some while some other people don't care if their partner stammers...just an example!

1 Like

Re: What Are The Red Flags You Can't Overlook In A Relationship? by Ebubechuwku(m): 7:01pm On Dec 08, 2021
Mikefrik:

You detest people who are cold doesn't make them bad. It's the way God created them. It's not a bad trait like lieing, adultery and the rest. Please, if you don't like such people leave them for those who do. To some others they are gems.

You are funny, read the comment over again,

Am not saying cold people are bad or are not good , they have their strength and good sides also.

My own trait, if I want something, I want it as fast as anything and I want it now now, so I can't cope with the sluggishness of cold people.. imagine petimg someone for days just because I want her to talk to me...

I once dated one cold girl, there was a time her charger spoilt, and it was so shocking, the girl was sad and kept to herself for days and I kept on asking her everyday, petting her, calling her before she told me her charger got spoilt.. when she told me, the thing vex me say na wetin dis one wan talk wey take u days.. your charger got spoilt and you don't have money to buy another one , what's so much in that that it took days for her to talk...

1 Like

Re: What Are The Red Flags You Can't Overlook In A Relationship? by Naybahood(m): 7:01pm On Dec 08, 2021
Lies
Dishonesty
Gluttony
Cheating

1 Like

Re: What Are The Red Flags You Can't Overlook In A Relationship? by Splitmind: 7:01pm On Dec 08, 2021
If she doesn't support Buhari

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Are The Red Flags You Can't Overlook In A Relationship? by Enny2013(f): 7:02pm On Dec 08, 2021
Timekeeper:

One liability spotted.... U want him to give u money bcox u don't have hands to work abi

Haa! I meant, "core stingyness"

1 Like

Re: What Are The Red Flags You Can't Overlook In A Relationship? by Savedday: 7:02pm On Dec 08, 2021
9ja girls are out to add more burden to your life instead of softening it.

In mosdii voice: They are all useless..... All of them!

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Are The Red Flags You Can't Overlook In A Relationship? by Nobody: 7:02pm On Dec 08, 2021
I hate ladies with nothing upstairs. Ladies who agree with me all the time. I want a lady who has her opinions and good reasons to back them up.
A Lady who is attached to he family is a big no.

A lady who cannot figure out her life, no job, no plan for business, is a big redflag.

Sexual compatibility is very important as well.

7 Likes

Re: What Are The Red Flags You Can't Overlook In A Relationship? by Asiri1991: 7:02pm On Dec 08, 2021
ghostboy:
So guys what are the things or signs that can make you quit a relationship without looking back?

There are some signs we see in our partners that are easily ignored or overlooked, maybe because these signs don't affect your relationship with your partner or maybe you think with time your partner will change.
But then there are the signs that can't be ignored or overlooked, so I'd like for you guys to share so people who exhibit some certain habit that's considered a redflag can readjust and learn to change some undesirable things about themselves.

You be mumu
Re: What Are The Red Flags You Can't Overlook In A Relationship? by SirMichael1: 7:03pm On Dec 08, 2021
1. Don't know the lyrics of the song she's been hearing for over a week now but she always sings and murmur the lyrics. #Redflag!

2. When she sees sexual compliments from other guys as normal and same as mine, even to the extent of blushing. #Disrespect! #Redflag!

3. When she doesn't appreciate the little things I do for her and thinks it's my responsibility to always do them. #Underappreciated #Redflag!

4 Likes

Re: What Are The Red Flags You Can't Overlook In A Relationship? by newdawn2017(f): 7:03pm On Dec 08, 2021
ubaobi:
The only thing that can't be fixed is cheating
if u like ignore narcissistic traits because cheating hasn't surfaced yet, the joke will be on u.
Re: What Are The Red Flags You Can't Overlook In A Relationship? by Nobody: 7:03pm On Dec 08, 2021
newdawn2017:
gluttony isn't gender based. So I can't deal with any

Yea well, since I am a man and not gay, I had to specify. Shalom.

1 Like

Re: What Are The Red Flags You Can't Overlook In A Relationship? by Mikefrik(m): 7:04pm On Dec 08, 2021
BigSarah:
Smoking ( a dumb activity)

Alcohol

Unequal input & output
So apart from smoking which is a dumb activity, Alcohol is a commendable act Abi? Madam you better go and marry a pastor

1 Like

Re: What Are The Red Flags You Can't Overlook In A Relationship? by ivandragon: 7:04pm On Dec 08, 2021
Everything is a red flag... it just depends on which flags you chose to ignore...
Re: What Are The Red Flags You Can't Overlook In A Relationship? by Ebubechuwku(m): 7:04pm On Dec 08, 2021
Johel:

I value friendship most

It's good.

2 Likes

Re: What Are The Red Flags You Can't Overlook In A Relationship? by Timekeeper: 7:04pm On Dec 08, 2021
Enny2013:

Haa! I meant, "core stingyness"

cheesy

U r a great lady. U didn't reply me back with insults.

I like you lady grin

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

My Girlfriend Lied About Her Age: Should I Dump Her? / I'm Married But I Want To Help My Ex Financially / Meet The Ceo Jaaruma Empire, Hauwa Saidu Mohammad, Aka The Original Igbo Girl

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.