Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,980 members, 7,806,866 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 05:12 AM

Gumi: I Have Nothing With Bandits Anymore Since FG Has Declared Them Terrorists - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Gumi: I Have Nothing With Bandits Anymore Since FG Has Declared Them Terrorists (32627 Views)

Gumi: I Feel Pity For The Next President, We Could Face A Greater Insurgency / Court Proscribes Bandit Groups, Declares Them Terrorists / Sheikh Gumi: I Will Lock Aso Rock If My Child Is Kidnapped (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Gumi: I Have Nothing With Bandits Anymore Since FG Has Declared Them Terrorists by lalasticlala(m): 8:12pm On Dec 08, 2021
Controversial Islamic cleric, Ahmad Gumi, says he has quit mediating for armed bandits following their declaration as terrorists by the court

Mr Gumi spoke in an exclusive interview with PREMIUM TIMES in Kaduna on Wednesday.

He had visited bandits in the forests in Zamfara and Niger states, taken medical services to them and has been urging the federal government to grant them a general amnesty as was done to the militants in the Niger Delta.

Before Mr Gumi started his campaign, the Zamfara State Governor, Bello Matawalle, and his counterparts in Katsina, Aminu Masari, had engaged bandits in their state in dialogue.

But after the approach failed to end the menace, the governors endorsed military actions against the bandits.

Kaduna State Governor Nasir El-Rufai and his Niger State counterpart, Abubakar Sani, have consistently opposed dialogue with the outlaws.

Mr Gumi had said his efforts in that campaign were for the sake of peace and economic prosperity of Nigeria, but lamented that the efforts have been sabotaged.

Premium Times reported how the Federal High Court in Abuja declared the activities of bandits’ groups as acts of terrorism.

The verdict strengthened the call on the federal government to declare bandits ravaging the North-western and the North-central regions as terrorists.

Mohammed Abubakar, the Director of Public Prosecution (DPP) of the Federation, had filed an ex-parte application seeking to proscribe the grisly activities of ‘bandits’ who have been waging a relentless war against ordinary Nigerians in the North-west and North-central States.

The bandits have been vicious in kidnapping and killing their captives across Zamfara, Katsina, Kaduna, Benue and Sokoto states.

Gumi’s new position

And now with the declaration of the bandits as terrorists, Mr Gumi said it will be dangerous for him to continue to engage the bandits.

He told our reporter that “since the federal government has declared them terrorists, I don’t have anything to do with them anymore.

“I will not like to expose myself to danger again and to put a spotlight on myself unnecessarily,” the cleric said.

“I have tried all I could do to admonish the nation on the best way to do it, but it seems my advice has fell (fallen) on deaf ears.”

The cleric in previous media interviews, had advised the federal government to grant amnesty to the bandits, and to establish a ‘federal ministry of nomadic affairs’ which will address the grievances and complaints of Fulani cattle herders.

But from now, Mr Gumi said he would be a “spectator in the crisis”.

“I have endangered my life for peace by going to the forest and engaged the bandits. Among them there are rock bandits, they are dangerous, armed ready to fire.

“It is dangerous, still we risked our lives to see that we bring peace to this nation. Because somebody has to take that risk and we took it and thanked God we came out safely and knowledgeable, knowing how to come about this issue.”

Mr Gumi said “Maybe in the future when the political situation changes for better, we can do it again so that there will be peace, harmony and tranquility in the country.”

https://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/headlines/499830-why-ill-no-longer-mediate-for-bandits-gumi.html

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Gumi: I Have Nothing With Bandits Anymore Since FG Has Declared Them Terrorists by SpecialAdviser(m): 8:13pm On Dec 08, 2021
Go and sit down useless Terrorist.
I'm sure you must have told them to do more attacks after that.

Animal

252 Likes 16 Shares

Re: Gumi: I Have Nothing With Bandits Anymore Since FG Has Declared Them Terrorists by NwaNimo1(m): 8:13pm On Dec 08, 2021
Lai er.....

[img]https://c./uvpEYmZy00sAAAAC/team-america-super-secret-signal.gif[/img]

Gumi sighted on Kaduna - Abuja expressway....barking orders!

209 Likes 14 Shares

Re: Gumi: I Have Nothing With Bandits Anymore Since FG Has Declared Them Terrorists by Ekealterego: 8:13pm On Dec 08, 2021
This guy is more clever than most of you think. No bandits were declared terrorist, only Hausa groups defending themself against invaders were declared terrorist.

Gumi's activity seem to be Jubril's wet dreams... The combination of him and the bald wirey bearded minister collecting our NIN is any terrorist's dream team.

Nigeria is comfortably in the hands of terrorist... and Fodio's dream of conquering even into the sea, closer than we realise.

If you do not believe me, read this excerpt. It written in almost 200 years ago!! This dream is still fresh in the their minds and they will not stop until they get it!

Read how they took over Sokoto and Kano.

31 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Gumi: I Have Nothing With Bandits Anymore Since FG Has Declared Them Terrorists by goatandyam: 8:14pm On Dec 08, 2021
You can go and join them na.

Animal

23 Likes 1 Share

Re: Gumi: I Have Nothing With Bandits Anymore Since FG Has Declared Them Terrorists by ojun50(m): 8:15pm On Dec 08, 2021
Sharp Guy

He dey fear to die

8 Likes

Re: Gumi: I Have Nothing With Bandits Anymore Since FG Has Declared Them Terrorists by FreeStuffsNG: 8:15pm On Dec 08, 2021
Very sound decision.

I am not surprised by his informed decision.
Unlike most of the folks hiding behind a keyboard to attack him, Sheik Gumi is a serious minded fellow with personal accomplishments to show for it, a professional with medical license as a medical doctor and retired military officer.

Unlike some politicians associating with the IPOB terrorists, Sheik Gumi knows the legal implication of hobnobbing with terrorists.

That's why I wonder how and why anyone will defend IPOB terrorists after being declared as terrorists and after listening to the audio by the IPOB terrorist leader brazenly ordering his terrorist followers to go burn down Lagos and those places he mentioned in the audio got burnt! shocked

And you want to absolve the IPOB terrorists and attack those who stridently insist that it was IPOB terrorists that burnt down Lagos? Even after FG confirmed that it was IPOB terrorists that burnt down Lagos.

When ,as things stand today , the Lagos State Government officially declared the terrorist attack on Lagos as a coordinated arson and the strongest evidence that show it was a coordinated attack with a terrorist group behind it is the audio by the IPOB terrorists leader which links the IPOB terrorists to it . It beggars belief that anyone will openly defend a terrorist group such as IPOB terrorists if a Sheik Gumi could take this kind of decision.

Just like the bandits, it's completely treasonable for individuals to associate or promote the IPOB terrorists and politically incorrect for even a political group or socio-cultural group to associate with a terrorist group such as IPOB terrorists.

All the enemies of Nigeria , Nigerians and lovers of Nigeria will lose las las, they always lose. God bless Nigeria forever.

13 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Gumi: I Have Nothing With Bandits Anymore Since FG Has Declared Them Terrorists by Nobody: 8:15pm On Dec 08, 2021
Lie Mohammad is their photographer.

3 Likes

Re: Gumi: I Have Nothing With Bandits Anymore Since FG Has Declared Them Terrorists by chatinent: 8:16pm On Dec 08, 2021
Smoke talk.
Re: Gumi: I Have Nothing With Bandits Anymore Since FG Has Declared Them Terrorists by Hangmnk: 8:19pm On Dec 08, 2021
IPOB terrorists food is ready

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Gumi: I Have Nothing With Bandits Anymore Since FG Has Declared Them Terrorists by ILoveDemMANNA: 8:19pm On Dec 08, 2021
Let's listen to dem MANNA,
THe people of TRUTH.
dem MANNA says the truth no matter what..
Great men and women dem.

As my role models and mentors (dem MANNA) has told us the whole truth about this man in the past, nothing new here.
I and other sensible Nigerians know the people supporting and enabling terrorism and killings in thus nation.
Terrible deaths awaits Gumi and his caucus as seen below,, planning how to turn the nation upside down if PMB wins election, which he did.
They will all never know peace in their lives.
And as for the online hypocrites supporting these terrorists, supporting all the deaths and killings, the dirty pigs that are always happy to read about the deaths of Nigerians, all of you will never grow old, you can never escape it.........

Let's listen to dem MANNA,
The people of TRUTH.

post=107231126:
Gumi and his inner caucus.
May all sponsors and sympathizers of terrorists in this country never end well.
Causing hundred of innocent deaths all because they lost an election and want to come back.

Painful deaths will be their end one by one.

Sane and sensible Nigerians, just imagine if our darling Daddy or his amiable Vice president has taken just one single picture with this terrorist called Gumi
Imagine what the children of hate, frustrations and perdition would have been posting all over Twitter etc. shocked

See them plotting the destruction of our darling nation through violence in their private jets.
Plane crash kee all of dem for dia, for peace to reign in our nation.
Hypocrites will never want good Nigerians to see this lailai!

May it never be well in life with those supporting deaths, murders, blood letting and all manner of wickedness in this country.

We Rise.

4 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Gumi: I Have Nothing With Bandits Anymore Since FG Has Declared Them Terrorists by Dshocker(m): 8:19pm On Dec 08, 2021
So all this while,he truly had dealings with them and the government is doing nothing about it

1 Like

Re: Gumi: I Have Nothing With Bandits Anymore Since FG Has Declared Them Terrorists by philip0906(m): 8:19pm On Dec 08, 2021
This is a quota system beneficiary covertly telling Nigerians to expect more killings and terrorism since he has “stepped down” from his self imposed mediator role.

And we all know, like his fellow foolanis, he’s untouchable and can’t be questioned. Instead, the Nigerian government will focus on having a hard on if this is about IPOB.

The sad part is, you have one Nigeria slaves, who can’t see the game or just choose to deliberately lie to themselves for a plate of ponmo.

Sai Barber! Sai Osinbade!!

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Gumi: I Have Nothing With Bandits Anymore Since FG Has Declared Them Terrorists by vinceyinnovation: 8:19pm On Dec 08, 2021
Now go back to your cattle rearing

1 Like

Re: Gumi: I Have Nothing With Bandits Anymore Since FG Has Declared Them Terrorists by ghostboy: 8:19pm On Dec 08, 2021
FG suppose declare you as terrorist also

11 Likes

Re: Gumi: I Have Nothing With Bandits Anymore Since FG Has Declared Them Terrorists by Damidave1124(m): 8:19pm On Dec 08, 2021
The federal government should just appoint him as minister of bandits and terrorism affairs..

2 Likes

Re: Gumi: I Have Nothing With Bandits Anymore Since FG Has Declared Them Terrorists by Baawaa(m): 8:20pm On Dec 08, 2021
This man should lead NA to those terrorists or else they take him as one of them.
Re: Gumi: I Have Nothing With Bandits Anymore Since FG Has Declared Them Terrorists by DBossNG(m): 8:20pm On Dec 08, 2021
grin
Re: Gumi: I Have Nothing With Bandits Anymore Since FG Has Declared Them Terrorists by philanuoluwa(m): 8:20pm On Dec 08, 2021

4 Likes

Re: Gumi: I Have Nothing With Bandits Anymore Since FG Has Declared Them Terrorists by Ladiesdoctor(m): 8:21pm On Dec 08, 2021
Only in Nigeria especially in the North, those that are supposed to be languishing in detention will be walking freely as voice of the govt.

While innocent Nnamdi Kanu and Sunday Igboho are under detention.

7 Likes

Re: Gumi: I Have Nothing With Bandits Anymore Since FG Has Declared Them Terrorists by Emuforlife1: 8:21pm On Dec 08, 2021
Now this is what we call WISDOM. Unlike some barbarians that keep supporting Terrorists even after proscription.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Gumi: I Have Nothing With Bandits Anymore Since FG Has Declared Them Terrorists by illicit(m): 8:21pm On Dec 08, 2021
Better
Re: Gumi: I Have Nothing With Bandits Anymore Since FG Has Declared Them Terrorists by conductor20000: 8:21pm On Dec 08, 2021
[s]
Hangmnk:
IPOB terrorists food is ready
[/s]
Boko Haram terrorist spotted. wink

5 Likes

Re: Gumi: I Have Nothing With Bandits Anymore Since FG Has Declared Them Terrorists by GardenOfGod(m): 8:21pm On Dec 08, 2021
For the first time a serving Minister willingly resign in Buhari government. cheesy shocked grin

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Gumi: I Have Nothing With Bandits Anymore Since FG Has Declared Them Terrorists by BruncleZuma: 8:22pm On Dec 08, 2021
grin grin grin grin
Re: Gumi: I Have Nothing With Bandits Anymore Since FG Has Declared Them Terrorists by sofiscatedmoron: 8:22pm On Dec 08, 2021
grin
Re: Gumi: I Have Nothing With Bandits Anymore Since FG Has Declared Them Terrorists by KillIgbohoN0W: 8:22pm On Dec 08, 2021
U sure?

1 Like

Re: Gumi: I Have Nothing With Bandits Anymore Since FG Has Declared Them Terrorists by Kanyol(m): 8:23pm On Dec 08, 2021
Still this declaration doesn't exonerate him.

1 Like

Re: Gumi: I Have Nothing With Bandits Anymore Since FG Has Declared Them Terrorists by Nobody: 8:23pm On Dec 08, 2021
grin grin grin grin Doesn’t Islam Have a punishment for Lies Shey this one na Devout Islamic Cleric like this and he’s Lying in front of the whole world. Oya Head slammers by Friday una suppose done remove him hand sha if not una be fraud .

3 Likes

Re: Gumi: I Have Nothing With Bandits Anymore Since FG Has Declared Them Terrorists by Agricmoney(m): 8:23pm On Dec 08, 2021
let's now see what happens

Anyway, Agriculture is life

1 Like

Re: Gumi: I Have Nothing With Bandits Anymore Since FG Has Declared Them Terrorists by Houseofglam7(f): 8:23pm On Dec 08, 2021
Rubbish

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

6 Decisions From President Tinubu's Meeting With 36 Governors / Peter Obi In Bayelsa For The Burial Of Goodluck Jonathan's Elder Sister / NLC Boss Slams Buhari, Obasanjo Over Muslim-muslim Ticket Row

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.