Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,980 members, 7,806,865 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 05:01 AM

Pope Francis: Sexual Sins Is Not Most Serious Sin - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Pope Francis: Sexual Sins Is Not Most Serious Sin (38006 Views)

Flee Sexual Sins / Confession Of Sexual Sins At Bishop Obinim's Church By Members (Video) / Pope Francis Requests Roman Catholic Priests Be Given The Right To Get Married (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pope Francis: Sexual Sins Is Not Most Serious Sin by Renman: 4:51pm On Dec 09, 2021
TinubuGoQuench:

Oh, you are too cowardly to use your known moniker to reply me and you now decided to use this?
Continue...
Re: Pope Francis: Sexual Sins Is Not Most Serious Sin by profmallor: 4:52pm On Dec 09, 2021
I am not Catholic but I agree with the Pope. That thing called pride and hatred has led to genocides, wars, ethnic cleansings and some of the most needless lose of lives. Those atrocities are greater than any form of sexual perversion there is. The Bible says sexual sins are sins to ones body and God himself would supervise the punishment of such so its no small sin either. However compared to Pride, that's a real monster right there. Pride is so great a sin God calls it witchcraft and the penalty is death. The devil himself is the master of pride bot sexual sin.

6 Likes

Re: Pope Francis: Sexual Sins Is Not Most Serious Sin by habsydiamond(m): 4:52pm On Dec 09, 2021
freeborn02:

"You were told".

Why can't you go and find out by yourself in the Bible instead of relying on what you were told?

Your mode of learning is the dumbest mode of learning.
to you now, u have proved a point with this ur response. Dont worry I don't need to retaliate. Ur own will hit u at ur next busstop. Keep it up. Ori e bi ti eran ogufe.

Re: Pope Francis: Sexual Sins Is Not Most Serious Sin by lomprico(m): 4:52pm On Dec 09, 2021
if a single guy n a single girl agree n decide to have sex is not sin. that's my take.
if one party was deceived or forced into it then its a sin.
if one or both parties is or are married to different people then it's sin.

1 Like

Re: Pope Francis: Sexual Sins Is Not Most Serious Sin by Kingpele(m): 4:52pm On Dec 09, 2021
[quote author=Righteousness2 post=108347119]The Word of GOD, the Holy Bible says clearly that the wages of sin is Death.

The Word of GOD clearly says Fornicators , adulterers and Unrighteous folks will not see Heaven.
1Corithians 6:9
Know ye not that the unrighteous shall not inherit the kingdom of God? Be not deceived: neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor effeminate, nor abusers of themselves with mankind,

Pope says it is not a serious sin.
These are the Last of the Last Moments. The foot soldiers and false Prophet of the antichrist are being revealed!

Watch and Pray that you will not be caught in their web of deceits and Delusion.

If you are engaging in sex outside Marriage, it is not Dating! It is Fornication! it is Evil. It is a terrible sin and will destroy your soul in Hell.

Immorality of any kind is Evil. Fornication, adultery, beastiality, homosexuality, lesbianism,etc. It is Sin and will Destroy your soul in Hell.
[ be reasonable here he was quoted out of context ,he didn't say it is not a serious sin but that it is not the most serious sin ,though it leads to hell fire but pride is surely more serious because that was the only sin lucifer committed and was bouted out of heaven ..David committed adultery and even murder but because he was humble he was able to repent and seek forgiveness of his sins,if he was proud hearted he won't repent of his sins,pride is the greatest sin before God because it makes the person under its power to feel more superior towards God and his word,pride is the strongest power that keeps sinners from repentance
Re: Pope Francis: Sexual Sins Is Not Most Serious Sin by Papparassi: 4:53pm On Dec 09, 2021
Sexual sin is a very serious sin.. It makes a man easy for spiritual attack

2 Likes

Re: Pope Francis: Sexual Sins Is Not Most Serious Sin by AZControversial(m): 4:54pm On Dec 09, 2021
Sure.... they're more serious ones. Sin get level.

1 Like

Re: Pope Francis: Sexual Sins Is Not Most Serious Sin by Akerele44(m): 4:54pm On Dec 09, 2021
Big thanks to POPE FRANCIS...we can all nw Bleep till eternity
Re: Pope Francis: Sexual Sins Is Not Most Serious Sin by Rapture4real(m): 4:55pm On Dec 09, 2021
If you're going to heaven, Pope Francis and other such so called men of God are people you must avoid. Sexual sin is a grievous sin for the following reasons :
1.It is the only sin mentioned in the Bible as a sin committed against one's body.
2.It is usual the first, Second or third sin that is always mentioned when list of sins are mentioned in the Bible Gal. 5:19-20
3.It is the fastest way to be demonised
4.It is the last weapon in the hand of Satan to wreck havoc in this end time. Hence everything is sexualised.
5.It breeds other sins such as love of money. Some men go into yahoo, ritual killing etc to please women
6.The list continues

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Pope Francis: Sexual Sins Is Not Most Serious Sin by fastseo: 4:55pm On Dec 09, 2021
KillIgbohoN0W:
[s][/s]

Are you closer to God than the Pope?
He is telling you the word of God and you are asking if he is closer than POP.

pop is indirectly telling you to fornicate its not a weightier sin whereas the Bible says flee from fornication
Re: Pope Francis: Sexual Sins Is Not Most Serious Sin by Nobody: 4:55pm On Dec 09, 2021
Pretty sure he's into kids and alter boys
Re: Pope Francis: Sexual Sins Is Not Most Serious Sin by Jaymoney5000(m): 4:56pm On Dec 09, 2021
TinubuGoQuench:

SHUT UP!!!

ALWAYS SAYING RUBBISH

Where's the rubbish he said?
Re: Pope Francis: Sexual Sins Is Not Most Serious Sin by peacettw: 4:56pm On Dec 09, 2021
Thank God for you all... Now, you can focus on other sins
Re: Pope Francis: Sexual Sins Is Not Most Serious Sin by Nosayer: 4:56pm On Dec 09, 2021
kingxsamz:
You need to free yourself from mental slavery if at this age you still believe there's some everlasting furnace somewhere in another realm nobody has seen, where people are being punished for what they did on earth. If you look at it without being emotional or bias, it sounds like some ancient fictional story in some fairy tale novel.
It's only in Christianity that someone will rape and kill a little girl, but will end up in heaven for repenting, while the little girl who was raped and killed will end up in hell for not being a Christian.
You don't seem to understand what mental enslavement means. Mental slavery is when you believe in an ideology just because it is the latest or the trendy ideology; when you really don't know why you hold on to a certain belief system over another one; when the elitist ideologies, mind-control system and socio-political propaganda rather than first-hand experience, insight or revelation, guides what you believe to be the truth.

Stop misuing the term. You can be an atheist who is mentally enslaved, you can be a mentally enslaved believer in any of the major religions. Mental enslavement is broader than you getting back at Christianity because of that.
Re: Pope Francis: Sexual Sins Is Not Most Serious Sin by freeborn02: 4:56pm On Dec 09, 2021
habsydiamond:
to you now, u have proved a point with this ur response. Dont worry I don't need to retaliate. Ur own will hit u at ur next busstop. Keep it up. Ori e bi ti eran ogufe.

Oga shut up and stop being stupid.
Are you supposed to rely on what you were told or you are supposed to find out by yourself?

Only dumb Christians behave like you.

1 Like

Re: Pope Francis: Sexual Sins Is Not Most Serious Sin by chosen4now: 4:56pm On Dec 09, 2021
headSmasher:
The gOD of Igbo Catholics have spoken, GOD killed Onan for sexual deception, God destroyed Sodom and Gomorrah for sexual perversion,10 of 12 Solomon kingdoms was handed over to his servant for sexual perversion and marrying of strange women, David son from Bathsheba died, he was chased by Absalom his son sent him away from the throne and slept with his wives on the roof top, David son Amnon raped Tamar, Amnon was killed, destruction came upon Israel all because of David sexual, the only thing that was able to balak to overcome Israel was sexual relationship with the ungodly, sexual sin brought down and consumed Samson, Even various laws of the Bible gave a draconian punishment of death fro sexual sin until CHRIST gave them the room for repentance, even up the now the only reason you can divorce your wife is if she is not a virgin when you marry her.

Your last point that talks about virginity of the woman being a point of divorce... I strongly disagree with you sir.... Marriage is until death for the Bible says that God hates divorce.... But on a lighter note is it only the woman that is meant to be a virgin? What about the man?
Now the word of man can't change the eternal word of God.... The Bible says he that continue in sin belongs to the devil.... Please flee from all appearance of evil and don't allow yourself to be deceived.... Shalom...
Re: Pope Francis: Sexual Sins Is Not Most Serious Sin by Nicevalentine(m): 4:57pm On Dec 09, 2021
A SIN IS A SIN
Re: Pope Francis: Sexual Sins Is Not Most Serious Sin by Aburada: 4:57pm On Dec 09, 2021
How much?
Re: Pope Francis: Sexual Sins Is Not Most Serious Sin by lomprico(m): 4:57pm On Dec 09, 2021
Akerele44:
Big thanks to POPE FRANCIS...we can all nw Bleep till eternity

he didn't say its not sin o!

1 Like

Re: Pope Francis: Sexual Sins Is Not Most Serious Sin by Hubeznigeria(m): 4:58pm On Dec 09, 2021
freeborn02:

Stop being blind.

Sexual sin is a serious sin, but not the most grievous sin.

The most grievous sin is the sin against the holy spirit.
Thank you for this. You got my brain thinking again. Thank you. Thank you

1 Like

Re: Pope Francis: Sexual Sins Is Not Most Serious Sin by FLYFIRE(m): 4:58pm On Dec 09, 2021
Already whitewashing pedophilia. No worry dey waka go judgment, e go shock u

1 Like

Re: Pope Francis: Sexual Sins Is Not Most Serious Sin by silibaba: 4:58pm On Dec 09, 2021
Righteousness2:
The Word of GOD, the Holy Bible says clearly that the wages of sin is Death.

The Word of GOD clearly says Fornicators , adulterers and Unrighteous folks will not see Heaven.
Know ye not that the unrighteous shall not inherit the kingdom of God? Be not deceived: neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor effeminate, nor abusers of themselves with mankind,

These are the Last of the Last Moments. The foot soldiers and false Prophet of the antichrist are being revealed!

Watch and Pray that you will not be caught in their web of deceits and Delusion.

If you are engaging in sex outside Marriage, it is not Dating! It is Fornication! it is Evil. It is a terrible sin and will destroy your soul in Hell.

Immorality of any kind is Evil. Fornication, adultery, beastiality, homosexuality, lesbianism,etc. It is Sin and will Destroy your soul in Hell.
Am a Catholic and I stand with you on this.

1 Like

Re: Pope Francis: Sexual Sins Is Not Most Serious Sin by femi4: 4:58pm On Dec 09, 2021
That's not true

Even the adulterous woman was forgiven

Rehab was used cos she believed

David was forgiven

1 Like

Re: Pope Francis: Sexual Sins Is Not Most Serious Sin by habsydiamond(m): 4:59pm On Dec 09, 2021
freeborn02:

Oga shut up and stop being stupid.
Are you supposed to rely on what you were told or you are supposed to find out by yourself?

Only dumb Christians behave like you.
Pele tie.. O ku die ki o te.
Re: Pope Francis: Sexual Sins Is Not Most Serious Sin by Akerele44(m): 4:59pm On Dec 09, 2021
lomprico:

he didn't say its not sin o!
He means... sex sin is still appealable in God court grin

1 Like

Re: Pope Francis: Sexual Sins Is Not Most Serious Sin by chymeze: 5:00pm On Dec 09, 2021
Well I agree with him. He clearly said sins of the flesh such as fornication are not THE MOST SERIOUS sins, meaning it is a serious sin but can't be classed as the most serious. I perfectly agree with him. Scripturally, the most serious sins are what is called sins of the spirit. That is, sins which are committed within an individual against his fellow human or against God, such as unforgiveness, malice, grudge, pride, blasphemy etc. Infact God clearly said that if you don't forgive your neighbor of their sins against you, God won't likewise forgive you. Someone who fornicates will more likely enter heaven ahead of someone who holds unforgiveness, pride etc within their heart and this is something a lot of christians overlook. You find lots of christians who pray 24/7, go to church and study their Bibles consistently but yet still hold unforgiveness, bitterness, etc against their neighbor. These ones are those who commit the biggest sins. That's why I always try to search myself daily to be sure these spiritual sins aren't present before I can even think of praying or worshipping etc because I know praying is a waste of time when these spiritual sins exist in someone. If anyone wants to be sure he is pure, then make sure you walk in love. Whoever walks in love (instead of trying to keep religion), can never sin!

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pope Francis: Sexual Sins Is Not Most Serious Sin by Zane2point4(m): 5:01pm On Dec 09, 2021
This pope don the fear me i swear.

I'm a Catholic but his utterances am not sure its inspired by almighty God o.

1 Like

Re: Pope Francis: Sexual Sins Is Not Most Serious Sin by kenzysmith: 5:01pm On Dec 09, 2021
If God should judge everybody by sexual sin the people wey go go heaven no past 500 trust me e no easy to stay 4 two months 4 me without sex

1 Like

Re: Pope Francis: Sexual Sins Is Not Most Serious Sin by dantajay: 5:02pm On Dec 09, 2021
What an interesting time to be alive... This is the end time Jesus Christ spoke about.
Re: Pope Francis: Sexual Sins Is Not Most Serious Sin by uthlaw: 5:03pm On Dec 09, 2021
Righteousness2:
The Word of GOD, the Holy Bible says clearly that the wages of sin is Death.

is mother named him ishaò...
Who name him Jesus Christ?
Re: Pope Francis: Sexual Sins Is Not Most Serious Sin by okwusdaddy: 5:04pm On Dec 09, 2021
DubaiLandLord1:
All sins are equal
So if I drink and get drunk I committed the same sin with someone that raped and killed somebody.Even we humans with all the evil in our hearts will Jugde the two differently talkless of God almighty.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

Traditionalist Who Didn’t Marry His Baby Mama, Reveals Why. Photos / Nigerian Uses Signpost, Tells Churches That Schools Owned By Them Should Be Free / Zimbabwean Pastor "Calls God On Phone, Speaks With Him In Church". Photos/Video

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.