Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,703 members, 7,802,094 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 09:02 AM

Chile Legalizes Same Sex Marriage ( Pictures) - Foreign Affairs - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Chile Legalizes Same Sex Marriage ( Pictures) (34108 Views)

Biden Signs Same-sex Marriage Into Law amid funfare (Video, Photos) / Cuba Overwhelmingly Approves Same-sex Marriage In Referendum (Photos) / California Legalizes Sales Of Marijuana, Hundreds Queue Up To Purchase(Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Chile Legalizes Same Sex Marriage ( Pictures) by Gospelpreacher1: 3:05pm On Dec 09, 2021
SAME SEX MARRIAGE: Chile becomes the seventh country in Latin America to approve same-sex marriage ahead of critical election

Chile's Congress passed a law to legalize same-sex marriage on Tuesday in a milestone for the conservative South American nation after a decade-long legal battle and with the country delicately poised ahead of a crossroads election this month.

'Today is a historic day, our country has approved same-sex marriage, one more step forward in terms of justice, in terms of equality, recognizing that love is love,' Minister of Social Development Karla Rubilar said after the vote.

Chile's Senate and lower house of parliament both voted heavily in favor of the bill on Tuesday, which had previously been partially approved in November before the Senate sent it back to a committee to clarify ambiguities.

Current President Sebastian Pinera, who will leave office in March, has backed the bill and is expected to sign it into law.

The bill received the backing of 82 members in Congress while 20 voted against it and three abstained.

The vote culminates a process that began in 2017, when the first bill was introduced, backed by then-President Michelle Bachelet.

Chile is now poised to join 30 countries globally with legal same-sex marriage, including Argentina, Ecuador, Brasil, Colombia, Costa Rica, Uruguay in Latin America.

The union between people of the same-sex is also legal in 24 Mexican states while eight other states require an injunction for the marriage to become valid.

'It is hard to believe that today we are taking this step,' said Rolando Jimenez from LGBT rights group Movilh, one of the major backers of the bill and which helped spearhead Chile's push to legalize same sex marriage for more than a decade.

Chile will elect a new president on December 19, choosing between progressive Gabriel Boric and social conservative Jose Antonio Kast, a practicing Catholic.

The two offer wildly different visions for the country's future.

While Kast disagrees with same-sex marriage, he had said he would have signed the bill into law anyway had it been passed by Congress during a potential presidency of his.

Chile will elect a new president on December 19, choosing between progressive Gabriel Boric and social conservative Jose Antonio Kast, a practicing Catholic.

The two offer wildly different visions for the country's future.

While Kast disagrees with same-sex marriage, he had said he would have signed the bill into law anyway had it been passed by Congress during a potential presidency of his.

Chile has long had a conservative reputation even compared with its deeply Catholic Latin American peers. Still, a strong majority of Chileans now support same-sex marriage and Chileans have shown signs of moving left on social and cultural issues in recent years.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-10284979/amp/Love-love-Chile-Congress-passes-sex-marriage-historic-vote.html

4 Likes

Re: Chile Legalizes Same Sex Marriage ( Pictures) by Olarewaju89: 3:08pm On Dec 09, 2021
undecided

When Corona or omicron start killing them now, they will start shouting up and down for help.

93 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Chile Legalizes Same Sex Marriage ( Pictures) by Righteousness2(m): 3:17pm On Dec 09, 2021
The End point of Depravity is not Just the Love affair with sin, but the Desire to bring others with you to Destruction.

It's not Just that people Chose Death for themselves, but in the Passion of sin and Abominations, they become suicidal and assist others in Eternal self destruction by approving of their sins.

GOD gives Mankind a Dire warning for these abominable and Wicked acts.
2Peter 2:6
And turning the cities of Sodom and Gomorrha into ashes condemned them with an overthrow, making them an ensample unto those that after should live ungodly

Folks! GOD ALMIGHTY is a Loving, Merciful and Gracious Father, full of Mercies and Compassion.
This Same GOD is also a Consuming Fire! It is a Fearful thing to Fall into HIS hands.

Warning!! GOD Will DESTROY HUMANITY AGAIN! Flee from the Wrath of GOD. Don't involve in these evils! Do not support Directly or Indirectly.

107 Likes 10 Shares

Re: Chile Legalizes Same Sex Marriage ( Pictures) by Brexxit(m): 3:19pm On Dec 09, 2021
Watch how some hypocritical holier than thou nairalanders will take over this thread to bash Chileans for proposing this law like the mofo above me.

When it comes to religion Nigerians think they know better than the white man that brought religion to them,yet most Nigerians wicked, greedy,evil.

110 Likes 10 Shares

Re: Chile Legalizes Same Sex Marriage ( Pictures) by AMAUCHESKY(m): 3:52pm On Dec 09, 2021
E
Re: Chile Legalizes Same Sex Marriage ( Pictures) by WibusJaga: 3:52pm On Dec 09, 2021

Still a big puzzle to me why a man will choose a fellow man as marriage partner or a woman choosing a fellow woman.
Never seen a cock trying to mate a cock. Same with every other animal in the animal kingdom.
Totally against the law of nature.

51 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Chile Legalizes Same Sex Marriage ( Pictures) by Maxymilliano(m): 3:52pm On Dec 09, 2021
Hmmm .. Adam and Steve, not Adam and Eve

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Chile Legalizes Same Sex Marriage ( Pictures) by floss(m): 3:52pm On Dec 09, 2021
Na wa for humanity....I swear... what do I know....shebi God gave us free will, so no cause for alarm... moving to the next issue at hand

20 Likes 1 Share

Re: Chile Legalizes Same Sex Marriage ( Pictures) by BruncleZuma: 3:52pm On Dec 09, 2021
grin grin grin grin

Good for them...

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Chile Legalizes Same Sex Marriage ( Pictures) by faithfull18(f): 3:52pm On Dec 09, 2021
Hmmn, when they choose not to retain God in their knowledge, He gave them over to depraved minds to do things which aren't convenient, this is what comes to mind after seeing this.

23 Likes 1 Share

Re: Chile Legalizes Same Sex Marriage ( Pictures) by Wavvywind: 3:52pm On Dec 09, 2021
♪Amona tete ma bo o. Amona tete bo♪

14 Likes

Re: Chile Legalizes Same Sex Marriage ( Pictures) by abobote: 3:53pm On Dec 09, 2021
Stupid drug ravaged country

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Chile Legalizes Same Sex Marriage ( Pictures) by BruncleZuma: 3:53pm On Dec 09, 2021
Brexxit:

Watch how some hypocritical holier than thou nairalanders will take over this thread to bash Chileans for proposing this law like the mofo above me.

When it comes to religion Nigerians think they know better than the white man that brought religion to them,yet most Nigerians wicked, greedy,evil.

Most don't know where Chile is on a map

22 Likes 1 Share

Re: Chile Legalizes Same Sex Marriage ( Pictures) by Nobody: 3:53pm On Dec 09, 2021
Ibo

2 Likes

Re: Chile Legalizes Same Sex Marriage ( Pictures) by superior1: 3:53pm On Dec 09, 2021
After lots of bribery in dollars and arm twisting by Uncle Sam

6 Likes

Re: Chile Legalizes Same Sex Marriage ( Pictures) by HEBEI: 3:53pm On Dec 09, 2021
Congrats to them shocked

2 Likes

Re: Chile Legalizes Same Sex Marriage ( Pictures) by WIREMIND: 3:53pm On Dec 09, 2021
Last last all nations go legalize am

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Chile Legalizes Same Sex Marriage ( Pictures) by GboyegaD(m): 3:53pm On Dec 09, 2021
How is this news?
Re: Chile Legalizes Same Sex Marriage ( Pictures) by Bastard1stborn: 3:54pm On Dec 09, 2021
Chile visa loading for Don Jazzy and the rest cheesy

4 Likes

Re: Chile Legalizes Same Sex Marriage ( Pictures) by FullBlastLight: 3:54pm On Dec 09, 2021
...and so it is dt, Chile too has at last joined d bandwagon of countries wit moral bankruptcy!

A satanic legacy permeating d world!

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Chile Legalizes Same Sex Marriage ( Pictures) by TemmyDayo50(m): 3:54pm On Dec 09, 2021
It's not mine to judge them...lesbains oo, etc, Na dem know... but what surprises me is that particular act of Gayism.. Like wtf undecided... how a man will attract a fellow man sexually still surprises me...Damn.. For where all these wonderful soft pu**y creatures are tongue...na him man go con dey gbesh him fellow man... Tueh undecided

22 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Chile Legalizes Same Sex Marriage ( Pictures) by SensualMan: 3:54pm On Dec 09, 2021
Man is born free yet everywhere he is in chains. A little comfort and happiness will suffice. Please allow man to live his life, if it gives them happiness let them be.

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Chile Legalizes Same Sex Marriage ( Pictures) by Frales6(f): 3:54pm On Dec 09, 2021
E concern them

2 Likes

Re: Chile Legalizes Same Sex Marriage ( Pictures) by Ecbatana: 3:54pm On Dec 09, 2021
The spiritually inclined does not question the choices of others. Neither does he support nor sit on the fence when issues that go against natural laws are discussed. There are severe consequences for going against the laws of nature and of the cosmic. Coitus between same sexes is the height of depravity.

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Chile Legalizes Same Sex Marriage ( Pictures) by PENUEL17(m): 3:54pm On Dec 09, 2021
Disgusting ..

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Chile Legalizes Same Sex Marriage ( Pictures) by ImoleNaija: 3:55pm On Dec 09, 2021
As much as I detest LGBT, it's a pity I have no power to change their nature. If you still believe they just picked up the nature at freewill, you know little or nothing. They only look up to govt for two things which are freedom or death.

As a humanist, I rejoice with the LGBT in Chile.
As a religionist, I weep for them.

It's very complicated.

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: Chile Legalizes Same Sex Marriage ( Pictures) by VOsimhen144(m): 3:55pm On Dec 09, 2021
How will i leave a Soft, succulent, juicy, creamy, sweet and lovely pussy and go after my fellow man strong and hairy gorilla looking ass. God forbid!!!

Infact na nyash wey go kill me I dey follow now.

26 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Chile Legalizes Same Sex Marriage ( Pictures) by SUPERPACK: 3:55pm On Dec 09, 2021
Righteousness2:
The End point of Depravity is not Just the Love affair with sin, but the Desire to bring others with you to Destruction.

It's not Just that people Chose Death for themselves, in the Passion of sin and Abominations, they become suicidal and assist others in Eternal self destruction by approving of their sins.

GOD gives Mankind a Dire warning for these abominable and Wicked acts.
2Peter 2:6
And turning the cities of Sodom and Gomorrha into ashes condemned them with an overthrow, making them an ensample unto those that after should live ungodly

Folks! GOD ALMIGHTY is a Loving, Merciful and Gracious Father, full of Mercies and Compassion.
This Same GOD is also a Consuming Fire! It is a Fearful thing to Fall into HIS hands.

Warning!! GOD Will DESTROY HUMANITY AGAIN! Flee from the Wrath of GOD. Don't involve in these evils! Do not support Directly or Indirectly.
For God so love the world that he destroyed thousands of people in Sodom and Gomorrah for going against his wish grin
Gospelpreacher1, holiness1 I salute o.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Chile Legalizes Same Sex Marriage ( Pictures) by FuckHomophobes: 3:55pm On Dec 09, 2021
Congratulations tongue . Homophobes can choke grin grin

9 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

President Joe Biden And Vladimir Putin's Geneva's Summit Meeting - In Pictures / Beirut Explosion: How Ammonium Nitrate Caused Deadly Blast In Lebanon / Iranian Warship Alborz Enters The Red Sea

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.