Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,890 members, 7,802,864 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 12:00 AM

My Terrible Experience With Jumia Pick Up Center Today - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / My Terrible Experience With Jumia Pick Up Center Today (1044 Views)

How Jumia Pick-up Stations Help Customers Save More Money / My terrible experience with skrill / My Sore Experience With Jumia Affiliate Program (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Terrible Experience With Jumia Pick Up Center Today by mistarsam(m): 8:35pm On Dec 09, 2021
[
Re: My Terrible Experience With Jumia Pick Up Center Today by funshint(m): 8:36pm On Dec 09, 2021
Why don't you call the number of the agent.

3 Likes

Re: My Terrible Experience With Jumia Pick Up Center Today by mistarsam(m): 8:38pm On Dec 09, 2021
funshint:
Why don't you call the number of the agent.
no number was provided in the message sent from Jumia
Re: My Terrible Experience With Jumia Pick Up Center Today by ojun50(m): 8:54pm On Dec 09, 2021
Every sector and origanization dey sick for this buhair regime.

Op take heart
Re: My Terrible Experience With Jumia Pick Up Center Today by funshint(m): 8:56pm On Dec 09, 2021
Sometimes it might not be an office like that...then call customer care!
Re: My Terrible Experience With Jumia Pick Up Center Today by anthonyuncle(m): 9:06pm On Dec 09, 2021
are you sure it is really from jumia?
Re: My Terrible Experience With Jumia Pick Up Center Today by mistarsam(m): 9:21pm On Dec 09, 2021
anthonyuncle:
are you sure it is really from jumia?
Yes
Re: My Terrible Experience With Jumia Pick Up Center Today by hotboz: 9:54pm On Dec 09, 2021
I experienced same thing in Ado Ekiti. I think Jumia should instruct their agents to put up a proper signpost and phone numbers on Jumia website. Google maps are very misleading.
Re: My Terrible Experience With Jumia Pick Up Center Today by Mcslize: 10:48pm On Dec 09, 2021
Pay on delivery would have saved you all that hassles. It's 1k included if you select pay on delivery. At least, with that, you will be given an agent number that will come deliver the package to you.

I usually select pay on delivery to avoid looking for an imaginary office. You were trying to cut cost. But I hate stress. In your next order, select pay on delivery so they will assign an agent to deliver your package rather than going to pick it up at their office which you will still end up paying transport to go pick it up. That will save you all that stress.
Re: My Terrible Experience With Jumia Pick Up Center Today by tosbobby(m): 2:42am On Dec 10, 2021
Hi,
Jumia pickup location is different from Jumia office, moreover all Jumia pickup locations have a portable indicator at the from of their shops.

Also, based on communication structure, you're meant to get a phone call from the pickup center upon arrival of your package at the pickup center.
I think the message you got from Jumia may not be a pickup message or your package has not actually arrive at the pickup location.
The phone number of the pickup location is always attached to the pickup address during the selection of the pickup location online. You could go back and check.

I often use the service very well and I am not a Jumia staff.
Pickup location is often used in other to mitigate the overall cost of product. It is wise to use a pickup location you know very well.

Something like this ought to be an enquiry not an avenue to nail the e-commerce entity.

Anyway, sorry for the stress. I am 101% sure that you will get a call from the pickup location on arrival of your package otherwise their KPI would be affected.

1 Like

Re: My Terrible Experience With Jumia Pick Up Center Today by mistarsam(m): 4:09am On Dec 10, 2021
Mcslize:
Pay on delivery would have saved you all that hassles. It's 1k included if you select pay on delivery. At least, with that, you will be given an agent number that will come deliver the package to you.

I usually select pay on delivery to avoid looking for an imaginary office. You were trying to cut cost. But I hate stress. In your next order, select pay on delivery so they will assign an agent to deliver your package rather than going to pick it up at their office which you will still end up paying transport to go pick it up. That will save you all that stress.
I've used direct delivery method before. That is, an agent came to deliver the package to the address I gave on the website. I was just trying out the pick-up center thing for experience sake, not to cut cost.
Re: My Terrible Experience With Jumia Pick Up Center Today by mistarsam(m): 4:09am On Dec 10, 2021
tosbobby:
Hi,
Jumia pickup location is different from Jumia office, moreover all Jumia pickup locations have a portable indicator at the from of their shops.

Also, based on communication structure, you're meant to get a phone call from the pickup center upon arrival of your package at the pickup center.
I think the message you got from Jumia may not be a pickup message or your package has not actually arrive at the pickup location.
The phone number of the pickup location is always attached to the pickup address during the selection of the pickup location online. You could go back and check.

I often use the service very well and I am not a Jumia staff.
Pickup location is often used in other to mitigate the overall cost of product. It is wise to use a pickup location you know very well.

Something like this ought to be an enquiry not an avenue to nail the e-commerce entity.

Anyway, sorry for the stress. I am 101% sure that you will get a call from the pickup location on arrival of your package otherwise their KPI would be affected.

No phone number was attached
Re: My Terrible Experience With Jumia Pick Up Center Today by mistarsam(m): 7:42pm On Dec 13, 2021
Packaged finally received. Pick-up center is beside PROMOTOWER building. Upstairs directly opposite the Indomie building in the attached picture

(1) (Reply)

Website For Business Available At ₦35,000. Offer Valid This Weekend Only / Ways And How To Learn Digital Marketing / Attention! Nccf Edo State Chapter Online Reunion

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.