Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,147,834 members, 7,798,806 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 10:39 AM

An MBA In Human Resources Or CIPM Certification? - Career (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / An MBA In Human Resources Or CIPM Certification? (11299 Views)

Cipm February Diet Of 2020 Exam Let Meet Here / Cipm..human Resource Management / CIPM NIGERIA: Application Requirements And Procedure (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: An MBA In Human Resources Or CIPM Certification? by Omonigeriarere: 4:18pm On Dec 11, 2021
Meetmeat:
I am a HR manager,I would advise you to go for Cipm certification because in practice the certification is more valued than your MBA.They are a lot of things you would learn during your certification that MBA would not expose you to.

You can even do any of the international certification like SHRM,HRCI and CIPD.

Most HR role advert would specify HR certification is an add advantage.

Could you please shed more light on SHRM, how to register in Nigeria, its cost etc?
Re: An MBA In Human Resources Or CIPM Certification? by Olumaeme: 6:47pm On Dec 11, 2021
Please go for MBA, don't even think twice.
MBA will give you more advantage than the CIPM and that CIPM is only recognised in Nigeria.
Re: An MBA In Human Resources Or CIPM Certification? by Albertone(m): 10:15pm On Dec 11, 2021
NextBuhari:
NOUN no be moimoi oh!

NOUN that is not even in the top 20 unis in Nigeria.

A major way MBA degree is being rated is the institution that produced it.
You can't compare MBA from Lagos business school or OAU or UI with that of NOUN.

If you think it's a Nigeria thingy...You can't compare MBA from Harvard business school with MBA from University of Michigan.You can't compare the MBA from London Business School or University of Cambridge or University of Oxford with that of Staffordshire University.

It is advisable to do MBA in a very very reputable institution (if you can afford it)...a bitter pill to swallow!
cc BuyAndSellStuff creolehunt

1 Like

Re: An MBA In Human Resources Or CIPM Certification? by cbngov01(m): 5:00am On Dec 12, 2021
APHRI, SPHRI whatever certification you are getting, if it's not international, Forget about it...
Re: An MBA In Human Resources Or CIPM Certification? by nereiskc(m): 7:39am On Dec 12, 2021
Hello, pls dont be discouraged. Since you have interest in HR both MBA & CIPM is highly recommended to you. But start with MBA, as it opens many doors in HR path. With your MBA cert in hand , i think u only have 2 laps in CIPM certification ladder; as your MBA gives you wavier to other levels of CIPM.

On the issue of foreign or local MBA, brother start sprouting on any soil u dey.

2 Likes

Re: An MBA In Human Resources Or CIPM Certification? by kingsmaila(m): 11:26am On Dec 12, 2021
ModelLook:
To Me All Social Science Courses Are Completely Useless In Nigeria. No Offense.

In My Opinion.
You are wrong. Be connected irrespectve of your course. This is Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: An MBA In Human Resources Or CIPM Certification? by Ibrahim94(m): 7:57pm On Dec 12, 2021
kingsmaila:

You are wrong. Be connected irrespectve of your course. This is Nigeria.

Well said. I've a Friend that we graduated together with a discipline in History and International Studies. He is now working at NPA(Nigeria Port Authority) as a Human resources officer. He has be advised to go and run professional course such as CIPM.

So, no discipline is useless is this country just do your best, pray and get good network then everything will be fine at the long run.

1 Like

Re: An MBA In Human Resources Or CIPM Certification? by NextBuhari: 6:09pm On Dec 13, 2021
Albertone:

NOUN that is not even in the top 20 unis in Nigeria.

A major way MBA degree is being rated is the institution that produced it.
You can't compare MBA from Lagos business school or OAU or UI with that of NOUN.

If you think it's a Nigeria thingy...You can't compare MBA from Harvard business school with MBA from University of Michigan.You can't compare the MBA from London Business School or University of Cambridge or University of Oxford with that of Staffordshire University.

It is advisable to do MBA in a very very reputable institution (if you can afford it)...a bitter pill to swallow!
cc BuyAndSellStuff creolehunt
Oga forget these universities' rankings. For example, NOUN course materials are used by students across different universities in Nigeria because of their rich content. Their resource persons, lecturers, instructors and facilitators are drawn from the so-called highly ranked universities. In NOUN, there's nothing like "areas of concentration". To pass, one needs to read the course materials thoroughly. Again, NOUN E-exams are mostly fill in the blank spaces, that reduce the incidence of guesswork and demand that one reads the course materials/reference texts through and through. Don't just base your conclusions on official rankings, make further findings.

1 Like

Re: An MBA In Human Resources Or CIPM Certification? by Albertone(m): 6:57pm On Dec 13, 2021
NextBuhari:
Oga forget these universities' rankings. For example, NOUN course materials are used by students across different universities in Nigeria because of their rich content. Their resource persons, lecturers, instructors and facilitators are drawn from the so-called highly ranked universities. In NOUN, there's nothing like "areas of concentration". To pass, one needs to read the course materials thoroughly. Again, NOUN E-exams are mostly fill in the blank spaces, that reduce the incidence of guesswork and demand that one reads the course materials/reference texts through and through. Don't just base your conclusions on official rankings, make further findings.

How can I forget university ranking when that is what is used in the labour market even internationally?
If you had made further findings, you'd have known that I'm spitting truth!

If you know you are the one that will employ yourself then,go and do MBA in NOUN,FUOYE,Gombe state university, Ebonyi state university e.t.c

2 Likes

Re: An MBA In Human Resources Or CIPM Certification? by Nobody: 2:43pm On Dec 15, 2021
NextBuhari:
Please,how can I get NOUN WhatsApp group link�. Thanks
Re: An MBA In Human Resources Or CIPM Certification? by NextBuhari: 6:13pm On Dec 15, 2021
Rem22:
Please,how can I get NOUN WhatsApp group link�. Thanks
Re: An MBA In Human Resources Or CIPM Certification? by Nobody: 8:28am On Dec 16, 2021
[quote author=NextBuhari post=108528827][/quote] You didn't post any longer link concerning noun MBA WhatsApp link.You quote me but I can't see the link
Re: An MBA In Human Resources Or CIPM Certification? by NextBuhari: 6:31pm On Dec 16, 2021
Rem22:
You didn't post any longer link concerning noun MBA WhatsApp link.You quote me but I can't see the link
Sorry, couldn't get a NOUN MBA WhatsApp link. The ones I can get are for undergraduate students. I doubt if they'll be helpful for your purpose.
Re: An MBA In Human Resources Or CIPM Certification? by Nobody: 7:30pm On Dec 16, 2021
NextBuhari:
Sorry, couldn't get a NOUN MBA WhatsApp link. The ones I can get are for undergraduate students. I doubt if they'll be helpful for your purpose.
Okay bro. Thanks
Re: An MBA In Human Resources Or CIPM Certification? by Nobody: 8:27pm On Dec 20, 2021
NextBuhari:
Good Evening, Please do you have a summarised version of MBA801- production and operations management. The one I downloaded online is about 577 pages,How do you guys manage to read it?
Re: An MBA In Human Resources Or CIPM Certification? by bookarecruiter: 8:37pm On Dec 20, 2021
Do the two together.

Are you looking for a platform to practice your dream career?

Volunteer Now!

Re: An MBA In Human Resources Or CIPM Certification? by bookarecruiter: 8:51pm On Dec 20, 2021
Do both.
Re: An MBA In Human Resources Or CIPM Certification? by NextBuhari: 5:12pm On Dec 22, 2021
Rem22:
Good Evening, Please do you have a summarised version of MBA801- production and operations management. The one I downloaded online is about 577 pages,How do you guys manage to read it?
I try to read everything. However, I'll advise that you pay particular attention to the Tutor-Marked Assignments at the end of each unit. And attempt the self-assessment exercises.

1 Like

Re: An MBA In Human Resources Or CIPM Certification? by Nobody: 6:52pm On Dec 22, 2021
NextBuhari:
I try to read everything. However, I'll advise that you pay particular attention to the Tutor-Marked Assignments at the end of each unit. And attempt the self-assessment exercises.
okay.thanks so much
Re: An MBA In Human Resources Or CIPM Certification? by BuyAndSellStuff: 3:59pm On Dec 30, 2021
NextBuhari:

They have no idea.
All these half-baked graduates from these archaic schools using their "history" to feel superior to people who are actually better than they are.

1 Like

Re: An MBA In Human Resources Or CIPM Certification? by Omonigeriarere: 1:13pm On Jan 09, 2022
Meetmeat:
I am a HR manager,I would advise you to go for Cipm certification because in practice the certification is more valued than your MBA.They are a lot of things you would learn during your certification that MBA would not expose you to.

You can even do any of the international certification like SHRM,HRCI and CIPD.

Most HR role advert would specify HR certification is an add advantage.

One of the problems I am facing in an attempt to get an HR certification is the proliferation of the professional bodies.

From your experience, which certification is the best out of CIPM, SHRM,HRCI and CIPD and what is the cost implication?
Re: An MBA In Human Resources Or CIPM Certification? by Meetmeat(m): 11:02pm On Jan 09, 2022
Go for CIPM first before going for any of the international certification.
Omonigeriarere:

One of the problems I am facing in an attempt to get an HR certification is the proliferation of the professional bodies.

From your experience, which certification is the best out of CIPM, SHRM,HRCI and CIPD and what is the cost implication?

1 Like

Re: An MBA In Human Resources Or CIPM Certification? by Nobody: 7:23pm On Jan 11, 2022
NextBuhari:
Which e-reader do you use or you use the hardcopy?
Re: An MBA In Human Resources Or CIPM Certification? by NextBuhari: 6:56am On Jan 12, 2022
Rem22:
Which e-reader do you use or you use the hardcopy?
I use hard copies, provided by the school or downloaded.
Re: An MBA In Human Resources Or CIPM Certification? by Nobody: 12:54pm On Jan 12, 2022
NextBuhari:
I use hard copies, provided by the school or downloaded.
Okay
Re: An MBA In Human Resources Or CIPM Certification? by giftedada1995: 3:30pm On Jan 31, 2022
Good afternoon,
Please I want to write the CIPM exam coming up in September but I want to start preparing now but I don't have any materials to read. Can someone assist me with the courses.
Re: An MBA In Human Resources Or CIPM Certification? by Mhegar: 12:46pm On Feb 05, 2022
Hi Professionals!

I hope we are all having a restful weekend?

I am a recruiter at Proten International and currently have the need to recruit a Human Resource Manager for one of my client who is into petrochemicals.

Requirement: Ideal candidate should have at least 10years work experience in the oil&gas/FMCG sector
Remuneration: Open

Qualified Professionals should please forward CV to o.ogunmola@protenintl.com using the role as the subject of the email.

Referrals highly welcome.

Thank you.
Re: An MBA In Human Resources Or CIPM Certification? by Adubby22(m): 7:40pm On Jul 02, 2023
Good evening sir
How is work and family
With all due respect sir,
Could you please help me with this following materials
Study pack on public administration
Study pack on comparative management and administration
Study pack on manpower

Updated questions and answers for intermediate 2
WhatsApp 09038828526

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

What Would You Do If You Know You’ll Be Sacked Next Week? / What Does Commercial Diving Career Looks Like? / 20 Quotes To Inspire Great Teamwork.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.