Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,296 members, 7,808,008 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 02:46 AM

Kemi Okunloyo: Sylvester Omoroni Agreed To Join A Gang, Consented To His Beating - Crime (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Kemi Okunloyo: Sylvester Omoroni Agreed To Join A Gang, Consented To His Beating (58022 Views)

Nigerian Man Stabbed To Death In Malaysia After Confronting A Gang Member / I Consented To Sex Because I Like Doing It - 12 Year Old Tells Court / Normalcy Restored In Surulere By Police Officers After A Gang Fight (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Kemi Okunloyo: Sylvester Omoroni Agreed To Join A Gang, Consented To His Beating by fof1: 9:36am On Dec 10, 2021
hefexzy:
Sylvester Omoroni was a victim of bully in his school Dowen college, which resulted to him losing his life after sustaining internal injuries from the bully. His family had went ahead to employ the service of Mr Femi Falana, a Lawyer.

On December 9 during a space Kemi Olunloyo hosted on twitter, the renowned self acclaimed journalist said 12 years old Sylvester was willing to join cult, agreed to be beating and also accepted to drink engine oil.

Kemi also went ahead to say he willingly told the guys initiating him that he has seen his sisters unclothedness. She also compared boarding school to Big Brother Naija.

Ever since she made that statement, she is been dragged on all social platform. Some people called her demented, some called her callous, some said she has been paid to say that, other people called her an insensitive mother.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ysh7V7MCXeQ

Foolish Afterthought Stories for Financial Gains and Patronage...Wicked Conspiracy and Devilish Embellishment

1 Like

Re: Kemi Okunloyo: Sylvester Omoroni Agreed To Join A Gang, Consented To His Beating by Benbellamor: 9:36am On Dec 10, 2021
Toks2008:
You guys are just too sentimental for my liking.

You see this lady ehn, i have learned never to discard whatever she says even if it sounds foolish. I am not saying she is right or wrong neither am i insinuating that what happened to the poor boy regardless of whether he consented or not is justified but we must understand that ''mad'' people in many instances are usually right about what they see or say. So whilst some people tag her mad, her past findings have proved to be true in most cases
..You're a big liar...Her insinuations about pastor ibiyormie was proven to be a lie and she paid for that in prison.... Pastor ibiyormie knew that she will still deny and and make further wild allegation... Kemi was made to publicly confess and ask for forgiveness in the church... She did that and was forgiven
Now..she will not learn..
I blame those giving that lunatic an audience

2 Likes

Re: Kemi Okunloyo: Sylvester Omoroni Agreed To Join A Gang, Consented To His Beating by BabaCommander: 9:37am On Dec 10, 2021
Timekeeper:

I saw ur profile. U r a xtian but not a believer.. If truly u r of God, u wunt curse ur fellow man in top a forum for his own view of things...

I am a believer, a servant of God called as an Apostle of the Lord Jesus Christ.

The bible said that those who call evil good, and good evil, that evil will not depart from their house.

I didn't curse him. It's a prayer. Let him say amen if he believes that what he said is the truth.

As for Kemi, mark this.
She will die a prisoner.

1 Like

Re: Kemi Okunloyo: Sylvester Omoroni Agreed To Join A Gang, Consented To His Beating by wirinet(m): 9:37am On Dec 10, 2021
Reference:

Indeed and that is why lately I have advocated for parental liability for some of the henoius crimes we increasingly see minors commit these days. We just cannot fold our arms and let murder, violence and brigandage go unanswered because they are commited by children. If these kids cannot be charged and held with adults then their parents must answer in one way or the other for their crimes.

At the very least they should be liable for civil penalties in such a manner that sends a strong social message that bad, poor or inadequate parenting has dire consequences.

Not just civil penalties but also criminal penalties. The parents of the 15-year-old that killed four students at a high school in Michigan were charged with involuntary manslaughter for allowing their son access to the gun, while the son was charged with murder.
Re: Kemi Okunloyo: Sylvester Omoroni Agreed To Join A Gang, Consented To His Beating by Reference(m): 9:39am On Dec 10, 2021
openmine:
She has being heavily paid by parents whose kids are involved to spin a narrative that will polarise this discus in the cyberspace for some time knowing fully well that some insensitive folks will believe her wild & unfounded allegations!

Let's even admit without conceding that this assertion of hers was actually, true,then this also proves that those brought in for questioning are highly culpable for his death whether he consented or not!

And if they believe her so what...
That the boy asked to be killed ?
Even if he asked to be tortured and killed does that lessen the liability ?
Manslaughter or murder the last time I checked is a crime against society, against the state no amount of sentiment can cover.
Re: Kemi Okunloyo: Sylvester Omoroni Agreed To Join A Gang, Consented To His Beating by nanzozo(m): 9:45am On Dec 10, 2021
Does this woman have children? I wish it happens to one of them. Weird woman.

1 Like

Re: Kemi Okunloyo: Sylvester Omoroni Agreed To Join A Gang, Consented To His Beating by openmine(m): 9:46am On Dec 10, 2021
Reference:

And if they believe her so what...
That the boy asked to be killed ?
Even if he asked to be tortured and killed does that lessen the liability ?
Manslaughter or murder the last time I checked is a crime against society, against the state no amount of sentiment can cover.
Obviously, you rushed to react without comprehending my comments!
Go back & peruse but this time detach your emotions while reading!
Re: Kemi Okunloyo: Sylvester Omoroni Agreed To Join A Gang, Consented To His Beating by Reference(m): 9:47am On Dec 10, 2021
wirinet:

Not just civil penalties but also criminal penalties. The parents of the 15-year-old that killed four students at a high school in Michigan were charged with involuntary manslaughter for allowing their son access to the gun, while the son was charged with murder.

You can imagine that. And that is a society that is very liberal, much more laid back towards parenting than ours yet they are sitting up and taking action while we conservatives are playing to the gallery and watching our future generations crash and burn right before our eyes.
Re: Kemi Okunloyo: Sylvester Omoroni Agreed To Join A Gang, Consented To His Beating by Alaganature09(m): 9:47am On Dec 10, 2021
Toks2008:

You see this lady ehn, i have learned never to discard whatever she says even if it sounds foolish. I am not saying she is right or wrong neither am i insinuating that what happened to the poor boy regardless of whether he consented or not is justified but we must understand that ''mad'' people in many instances are usually right about what they see or say. So whilst some people tag her mad, her past findings have proved to be true in most cases.

I know a lot of people won't agree with her comment but trust me she is right...
Re: Kemi Okunloyo: Sylvester Omoroni Agreed To Join A Gang, Consented To His Beating by Reference(m): 9:53am On Dec 10, 2021
openmine:

Obviously, you rushed to react without comprehending my comments!
Go back & peruse but this time detach your emotions while reading!

And you need not personalise my response which is made to address anyone out there subject to doubt as a result of her comments.
That the issue goes beyond this incident because failure to take appropriate action and a review of our thought process will only bring the next incident much closer.

What every well meaning parent out there should be thinking right now is simple.
Does my child have a potential act in him or her that could put me in serious trouble.
Re: Kemi Okunloyo: Sylvester Omoroni Agreed To Join A Gang, Consented To His Beating by dopechoks(m): 9:56am On Dec 10, 2021
Fiscus105:
One thing is certain, its either the parents are not close enough to their son to give them what he was going through private or the lad consented
I think the lad consented.. its all part of the process.

I think he got tired of bullying and decided to join them.. but now the school will never agree that their students were involved in cultism right under the management's nose..so let's see how it goes
But according to the first report we heard, he was beaten during forced initiation so she might be right
Re: Kemi Okunloyo: Sylvester Omoroni Agreed To Join A Gang, Consented To His Beating by sylve11: 9:58am On Dec 10, 2021
jojothaiv:
Matter arising.
It's six years I've been on Nairaland and one thing I've learnt over time is never you conclude on things you don't know and most importantly avoid anything that has to do with sensationalism.
I know we're talking about a kid here whose life was cut short, since I don't have all the fact, I'll just look on at the coming weeks and see what the eyes of the law make of it. My prayer is may this not be swept under the carpet and may God grant the family the strength to go through this.

You made sense to me. cool

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Kemi Okunloyo: Sylvester Omoroni Agreed To Join A Gang, Consented To His Beating by dopechoks(m): 9:59am On Dec 10, 2021
Whyalways:
This is not something to say, not after the death of a young boy

Why do we all believe the yound boy is innocent, is it because he is dead?

We have this habit of trying to vindicate the dead, all in the name of 'don't speak I'll of the dead.
Re: Kemi Okunloyo: Sylvester Omoroni Agreed To Join A Gang, Consented To His Beating by tonididdy(m): 10:01am On Dec 10, 2021
... This woman nor get family, she nor get children.... Why does she still have access to internet when she should be in a rehab.

Until boys play persin mama for street, the children nor go advice their mama? undecided
Re: Kemi Okunloyo: Sylvester Omoroni Agreed To Join A Gang, Consented To His Beating by Thebigheart: 10:01am On Dec 10, 2021
This m@d woman self. Were you there madam talk anyhow? The family of this woman need to take this woman to KOLOMENTAL HOME.
Re: Kemi Okunloyo: Sylvester Omoroni Agreed To Join A Gang, Consented To His Beating by openmine(m): 10:03am On Dec 10, 2021
Reference:

And you need not personalise my response which is made to address anyone out there subject to doubt as a result of her comments.
That the issue goes beyond this incident because failure to take appropriate action and a review of our thought process will only bring the next incident much closer.

What every well meaning parent out there should be thinking right now is simple.
Does my child have a potential act in him or her that could put me in serious trouble.
Oga go straight to the point!
Do you believe her wild assertions or not?
If you believe her,thats your opinion which you
are entitled to..however,I will urge you & kemi to wait for an autopsy to reveal the cause of death instead of spreading falsehood on a dead child who has no voice!
no time for endless 'shalaye'!
Re: Kemi Okunloyo: Sylvester Omoroni Agreed To Join A Gang, Consented To His Beating by tonididdy(m): 10:05am On Dec 10, 2021
jojothaiv:
Matter arising.
It's six years I've been on Nairaland and one thing I've learnt over time is never you conclude on things you don't know and most importantly avoid anything that has to do with sensationalism.
I know we're talking about a kid here whose life was cut short, since I don't have all the fact, I'll just look on at the coming weeks and see what the eyes of the law make of it. My prayer is may this not be swept under the carpet and may God grant the family the strength to go through this.

Oga you have made no reasonable point here... If you like spend 200 yrs on NL, a baby born today can deduce happenings faster than you.

Not everything needs explanation, a 13 year old boy knows little or nothing about cultism. Have you seeing the boys pics? All a kid like that knows is his studies, computer games and marvel movies.

Anything he was introduced into outside this three I mentioned, are out of sheer-ignorance... Hence the seniors should be made to pay for whatever act they committed.

You don't need to have brains to knows this... In a court of law this is what's applicable.
Re: Kemi Okunloyo: Sylvester Omoroni Agreed To Join A Gang, Consented To His Beating by sylve11: 10:07am On Dec 10, 2021
Juoflife1:
I read an eye witness account of what happened to this boy from his hostel mates at school. According to the boy, he said they were just gisting after cleaning and the seniors came, led by one favor. They were 6 boys armed with belts. They beat this boy ehh, he fell from his bed, they continued beating till they were satisfied. and before they left, the favor kicked him in the head. The boy said the seniors said that they hated the school rules and sylvester snitched and they want to teach him a lesson.
After that, his other roommates were also threatened with the same beating if they snitch.
I hope that boy gets justice.

This is a public forum. Careful with what you type. embarassed cool
Re: Kemi Okunloyo: Sylvester Omoroni Agreed To Join A Gang, Consented To His Beating by jditimiya(m): 10:09am On Dec 10, 2021
Madam where you there when he was telling them that, where did you get your information? Madam make you no go say things people go naked swear for your children and generation unborn o. Try and find a way to make the family overcome the pain they are passing through now and not to add more insult in the pain on them.

1 Like

Re: Kemi Okunloyo: Sylvester Omoroni Agreed To Join A Gang, Consented To His Beating by Adgraced: 10:09am On Dec 10, 2021
From what I read, the beating was done inside the hostel. Cult initiation is normally done inside the bush or anywhere away from prying eyes. So I do not see truth in what this woman is saying.
dazzlingd:

I wonder why people are so bitter about it, there could be a possibility of the boy consenting and that does not make it any much better. It shows further a failed system and failed parenting. Not concluding but that could be possible.
Re: Kemi Okunloyo: Sylvester Omoroni Agreed To Join A Gang, Consented To His Beating by lomprico(m): 10:11am On Dec 10, 2021
the boy cried on his dying bed. his last words can not be lies.

even if he was the capone of the cult group, a crime was committed. Kemi is a bìtch
Re: Kemi Okunloyo: Sylvester Omoroni Agreed To Join A Gang, Consented To His Beating by Akanoaaa(m): 10:11am On Dec 10, 2021
Insane woman
Re: Kemi Okunloyo: Sylvester Omoroni Agreed To Join A Gang, Consented To His Beating by tonididdy(m): 10:12am On Dec 10, 2021
I just hate boarding schools.

I Remember my young cousin, he was about same age 13yrs old, he was my uncles only son amoungs 3 daughters. Everyone was his best friend... As long as you are accepted into his fathers compound he will come pouncing like a lion with big hugs. He had a big big heart... If you were a family member he knew, it's worse, you will never have privacy until you leave that house. .. He will steak his dads phone just to call you a hundred times daily if you weren't around.

Fast forward to one year later after he was admitted into an ivy boarding school somewhere in the West, came back for holidays and young lad became so cold, all his joyous personality... lost. He grew up so fast in one year all thanks to a boarding school.
Re: Kemi Okunloyo: Sylvester Omoroni Agreed To Join A Gang, Consented To His Beating by tonididdy(m): 10:13am On Dec 10, 2021
lomprico:
the boy cried on his dying bed. his last words can not be lies.

even if he was the capone of the cult group, a crime was committed. Kemi is a bitch witch
Re: Kemi Okunloyo: Sylvester Omoroni Agreed To Join A Gang, Consented To His Beating by suleolooyo: 10:15am On Dec 10, 2021
New testament from aunty Kemi. Hmmm. This is worrisome. Must you talk?!
Re: Kemi Okunloyo: Sylvester Omoroni Agreed To Join A Gang, Consented To His Beating by abuaaliyah(m): 10:16am On Dec 10, 2021
This could be through i swear to GOD, in my institution days a group of people bullied a guy from my village i was thinking he would die that day but he didnt die, but while beating they saying did we force you to join them in corus, the cause of the beating is that he did not follow them to a particular meeting. but sylvester is too small to be any society.
Re: Kemi Okunloyo: Sylvester Omoroni Agreed To Join A Gang, Consented To His Beating by Fiscus105(m): 10:25am On Dec 10, 2021
dopechoks:
I think the lad consented.. its all part of the process.

I think he got tired of bullying and decided to join them.. but now the school will never agree that their students were involved in cultism right under the management's nose..so let's see how it goes
But according to the first report we heard, he was beaten during forced initiation so she might be right

I think u re close to truth of the situation, ur submission is logical , unfortunately emotions beclouded reason on judgement of many Nigerians to say the way its.
Re: Kemi Okunloyo: Sylvester Omoroni Agreed To Join A Gang, Consented To His Beating by akakc47: 10:29am On Dec 10, 2021
Oo now I know she is really mad
Re: Kemi Okunloyo: Sylvester Omoroni Agreed To Join A Gang, Consented To His Beating by Ganbite: 10:29am On Dec 10, 2021
Toks2008:

You see this lady ehn, i have learned never to discard whatever she says even if it sounds foolish. I am not saying she is right or wrong neither am i insinuating that what happened to the poor boy regardless of whether he consented or not is justified but we must understand that ''mad'' people in many instances are usually right about what they see or say. So whilst some people tag her mad, her past findings have proved to be true in most cases.

Bros check and balance nah, is that news needed at this time when the parent are still mourning the pain in their heart... can anyone do that to her own child and scout free, even if the boy is willing to join, can she reason on the verge of duress, that he had no choice than to join due to the fact that beaten and threatning is too high
Re: Kemi Okunloyo: Sylvester Omoroni Agreed To Join A Gang, Consented To His Beating by Ashirioluwa: 10:38am On Dec 10, 2021
Madam woman
Re: Kemi Okunloyo: Sylvester Omoroni Agreed To Join A Gang, Consented To His Beating by Shittabay4nija(m): 10:41am On Dec 10, 2021
Sincerely speaking I think Kemi preempted the situation . The fact remain that the house master and the school management are not doing enough .
The boys would not have grown into monsters if the school management and the house master treat the student like their wards .
Aunty Kemi really is saying the truth but majority have bias toward her.
Re: Kemi Okunloyo: Sylvester Omoroni Agreed To Join A Gang, Consented To His Beating by pagorino(m): 10:45am On Dec 10, 2021
weigh ray woman

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply)

Prisoners Pay Between N70k To N300k To Live In VIP Section / Full List Of The Patrons Of Okija Shrine (Throwback) / Soldiers Chain Man To Motorcycle In Lagos, Drag Him On Street

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.