Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,147,965 members, 7,799,278 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 06:20 PM

What Are The English And Local Names For This? (Picture) - Education (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / What Are The English And Local Names For This? (Picture) (43223 Views)

This Picture Will Convince You How Some People Have Completely Given Up On ASUU / NECO Releases SSCE Results, 878,925 Get Credits In English And Mathematics / Nigerian Defense Academy (NDA) Shortlists Names For 71RC (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Are The English And Local Names For This? (Picture) by xpool(m): 10:51am On Dec 11, 2021
ajumma:
Since this post no concern me, let me use dis opportunity to extend my condolence to Michael Jackson's family. I don't have data when he died..ohh wat a huge loss of such a great footballer..
Really, the age restriction on this forum should be raised high

1 Like

Re: What Are The English And Local Names For This? (Picture) by mekuso89(m): 10:54am On Dec 11, 2021
xpool:

Really, the age restriction on this forum should be raised high
Exactly

1 Like

Re: What Are The English And Local Names For This? (Picture) by Iamtoyosii: 10:56am On Dec 11, 2021
ajumma:
Since this post no concern me, let me use dis opportunity to extend my condolence to Michael Jackson's family. I don't have data when he died..ohh wat a huge loss of such a great footballer..

angry grin...you dn ment boss
Re: What Are The English And Local Names For This? (Picture) by DrFunmisticGlow: 10:58am On Dec 11, 2021
Vinnie2000:

Hahahaha!

See you! sad
I am not sure you enter Bush when you were a Kid! You must have been a Posh Kid!

All Grasshoppers are NOT green!

In Warri axis, we call dat Abaka!
Butterfly is called Labalaba.
While Dragonfly is called Adadamu! smiley cheesy
I have never enter bush, but you se those legs. It's a cricket � joor

1 Like

Re: What Are The English And Local Names For This? (Picture) by BabaIbo: 11:07am On Dec 11, 2021
Teripaul:

i heard that abia people na uranu full there grin Ndi aba . .grin NO MUCH DIFFERENT BETWEEN Aba, and aba-kiliki. . And aba ngwa . grin Old fuulani state. grin

You can now see why I called you an efulefu...

So every random person to you is fro those places you mentioned there?
Are those places the only places in Igboland?

Taah gbafuo hia joor!
Re: What Are The English And Local Names For This? (Picture) by Flo36: 11:08am On Dec 11, 2021
Ukpala
Re: What Are The English And Local Names For This? (Picture) by Damisam93(m): 11:14am On Dec 11, 2021
Bigredmachine:
is that not labalaba
No, it is balabala

1 Like

Re: What Are The English And Local Names For This? (Picture) by SamPeeLamen(m): 11:16am On Dec 11, 2021
Na "fara" be dis na
Re: What Are The English And Local Names For This? (Picture) by Benrosaria(m): 11:17am On Dec 11, 2021
bahdpersona:
where are you from? sorry to ask.

Ibadan
Re: What Are The English And Local Names For This? (Picture) by Vinnie2000(m): 11:25am On Dec 11, 2021
DrFunmisticGlow:
I have never enter bush, but you se those legs. It's a cricket � joor

Dat's a Lie! sad

That Picx is in the Daytime!

Crickets hardly move confidently during the day! It's Grasshoppers that do!

Grasshoppers are not always Green! Some have Dull, Grey colours like Snakes!
Re: What Are The English And Local Names For This? (Picture) by Nobody: 11:26am On Dec 11, 2021
RoyalBlu:
Abaka cheesy cheesy

Delta style... Abaka

1 Like

Re: What Are The English And Local Names For This? (Picture) by Lifeemetu(m): 11:29am On Dec 11, 2021
chival:

It is ukpana in Igbo.
Ukpara or ukpana are the same thing
Anambra my call it ukpala
Re: What Are The English And Local Names For This? (Picture) by Nobody: 11:43am On Dec 11, 2021
Elente
Re: What Are The English And Local Names For This? (Picture) by alizma: 11:48am On Dec 11, 2021
Juanmike:
Brother, I was referring to my tribe.
I know
Re: What Are The English And Local Names For This? (Picture) by Pidginwhisper: 11:49am On Dec 11, 2021
OnyeObodo:

Most probably.

Same way we Anambra call one fruit Chelekwu... So many Imo people call it different names.

Chichiba... Icheke... Obancheke.... Obancheleke... Obasicheke
You dey rap?

1 Like

Re: What Are The English And Local Names For This? (Picture) by Demosolar: 11:52am On Dec 11, 2021
Life is sweet and good with constant power supply from solar inverter systems that generate clean, green and pollution free electricity. Check out Bright Solar Power on google as well as Otegbeye Ademola on facebook for more information and details.
Re: What Are The English And Local Names For This? (Picture) by Singleone461: 11:57am On Dec 11, 2021
OnyeObodo:
Ukpana.. Nothing like ukpara please.
We call it ukpara in my place, biko
Re: What Are The English And Local Names For This? (Picture) by Teripaul(m): 12:01pm On Dec 11, 2021
BabaIbo:

You can now see why I called you an efulefu...

So every random person to you is fro those places you mentioned there?
Are those places the only places in Igboland?

Taah gbafuo hia joor!

nawa o. . Diswan dey don use him brain take bye foot match for him papa hause. . bro u are really a fizz in an drop of simple element. . in a plain fact. U are such a chaf in a grinded cassava. grin Old chimp and demented folk. grin
Re: What Are The English And Local Names For This? (Picture) by Ekpekus(m): 12:09pm On Dec 11, 2021
RoyalBlu:
Abaka cheesy cheesy
grin grin grin Area....

1 Like

Re: What Are The English And Local Names For This? (Picture) by Eriokanmi: 12:09pm On Dec 11, 2021
ThatFairGuy:
angry
See you. Pure Yoruba ELETE angry Don't lemme slap u

It's cricket and call ìrè in Yoruba.

Tata is grasshopper.

Yoruba is going into Extinction embarassed
Olodo ranata oju eja loo moo jęę.

That's not cricket( irę) oo, it's tata ( grasshopper or locust ).

The below pictures are the irę( cricket ) which you have mistaken for the tata( grasshopper)

You go back to the front page and zoom the image to see more clearly

2 Likes

Re: What Are The English And Local Names For This? (Picture) by BabaIbo: 12:12pm On Dec 11, 2021
[s]
Teripaul:

nawa o. . Diswan dey don use him brain take bye foot match for him papa hause. . bro u are really a fizz in an drop of simple element. . in a plain fact. U are such a chaf in a grinded cassava. grin Old chimp and demented folk. grin
[/s]

Trash... You are a sick fellow, you need to see the doctor asap.

GTFOOMM
Re: What Are The English And Local Names For This? (Picture) by GorillaApp(m): 12:16pm On Dec 11, 2021
RoyalBlu:

You gorrit smiley
Na we dey use abaka

1 Like

Re: What Are The English And Local Names For This? (Picture) by QuickStandard: 12:18pm On Dec 11, 2021
I thought as much, cos Abaka is what its called in my place as well. Compliments of the season brother
RoyalBlu:

Yes!

1 Like

Re: What Are The English And Local Names For This? (Picture) by RoyalBlu(f): 12:20pm On Dec 11, 2021
QuickStandard:
I thought as much, cos Abaka is what its called in my place as well. Compliments of the season brother

*Wish you same.

I'm a woman tho smiley

1 Like

Re: What Are The English And Local Names For This? (Picture) by RoyalBlu(f): 12:21pm On Dec 11, 2021
GorillaApp:

Na we dey use abaka

Nor be lie...

1 Like

Re: What Are The English And Local Names For This? (Picture) by BabaIbo: 12:24pm On Dec 11, 2021
Gbengaolowe32:
Elente

Igboro leleyi! cheesy grin

Na there kids take learn how to dive from.
Re: What Are The English And Local Names For This? (Picture) by debbydams(f): 12:26pm On Dec 11, 2021
BMathew:

Cool, do ensure to have a wonderful weekend. stay safe.
thanks

1 Like

Re: What Are The English And Local Names For This? (Picture) by 22o62021: 12:40pm On Dec 11, 2021
Balistic4:

enugu guy, deje grin

We know ourselves oo

1 Like

Re: What Are The English And Local Names For This? (Picture) by 22o62021: 12:40pm On Dec 11, 2021
G450:
bro hw far nah

Cool bro
Re: What Are The English And Local Names For This? (Picture) by Biggcake: 12:45pm On Dec 11, 2021
Ataktak in Ibibio.
Re: What Are The English And Local Names For This? (Picture) by QuickStandard: 12:51pm On Dec 11, 2021
Oh, my bad. Greetings blessed lady
RoyalBlu:

*Wish you same.

I'm a woman tho smiley

1 Like

Re: What Are The English And Local Names For This? (Picture) by brightleave(m): 12:51pm On Dec 11, 2021
RoyalBlu:
Abaka cheesy cheesy
you b Warri picking?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

2016 NAIRALAND JAMB TUTORIAL {the Physics Thread } / UNIBEN Students Generate “Supplementary” Income In The Hostel [PICS] / Ada Peter, Evans Osarobuohien, Roland Tolulope Loto, Professors In Their 30s

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.