Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,934 members, 7,806,708 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 09:24 PM

Akande: Buhari Promised To Pick Tinubu As Running Mate In 2015, Then Reneged - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Akande: Buhari Promised To Pick Tinubu As Running Mate In 2015, Then Reneged (29365 Views)

How Muslims, Tinubu, Akande, Buhari Made Me SGF - Babachir Lawal (2015) / Atiku: Why I Didn’t Pick Tinubu As Running Mate In 2007 / 2023 Presidency: Why I Will Pick Tinubu Over Osinbajo - Hon Bosun Oladele (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Akande: Buhari Promised To Pick Tinubu As Running Mate In 2015, Then Reneged by vedaxcool(m): 8:24am On Dec 11, 2021
DabuIIIT:

Why did he nurse the idea,in the first place,that's the question..
You guys are something else, really.

I really wish this country will just disintegrate now

It is a free world, it is not a crime. The voters will decide whether the idea of great or not. You can disintegrate yourselves since you are too intolerant to understand politics.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Akande: Buhari Promised To Pick Tinubu As Running Mate In 2015, Then Reneged by Finewarriboy: 8:31am On Dec 11, 2021
Leverage2021:
But Yoruba Muslims zombies said tinubu can do Muslim Muslim ticket because only northern muslims and west matter.

But the politician admitted that at the time Buhari was under enormous pressure, especially from some northern governors who insisted that a Muslim-Muslim ticket arrangement was a no-go area.

He revealed that it would be the second time that Tinubu would be getting very close to becoming a vice presidential candidate

undecided so you mean tinubu has already failed two times already as a Yoruba Muslim because of his disadvantage position as a Muslim Yoruba?
ona dey always make things sound funny
Re: Akande: Buhari Promised To Pick Tinubu As Running Mate In 2015, Then Reneged by JuanDeDios: 8:32am On Dec 11, 2021
BlackfireX:
Story for the gods

All you southerners hear me well

North2023 North2023 North2023 North2023
You make me recall the sheep in Orwell's Animal Farm. "Four legs good..."
Re: Akande: Buhari Promised To Pick Tinubu As Running Mate In 2015, Then Reneged by wink2015(m): 8:37am On Dec 11, 2021
THIS BISI AKANDE STATEMENT SEEMS TO SUGGEST THAT PRESIDENT MUHAMMADU BUHARI DOES NOT LIKE ASIWAJU BOLA AHMED TINUBU AND FOR THIS HE WILL NOT ALLOW HIM TO SUCEED HIM FOR THE POSITION OF PRESIDENT COME 2023.

Although most yoruba are DAY DREAMING THAT BUHARI WILL GIVE TINUBU THE PRESIDENCY.

YORUBA WILL BE DISAPPOINTED.

For sure !

President Buhari does not like people who identify with NADECO !

4 Likes

Re: Akande: Buhari Promised To Pick Tinubu As Running Mate In 2015, Then Reneged by CaptainAyub: 8:45am On Dec 11, 2021
walefresh3:
He narrated that what prompted the push for a Tinubu as vice president for the first time under Atiku was that anytime they said they needed money, Atiku would say “Bola please help us”.

“Bola (Tinubu) was the only one spending the money among us. The rest of us were poor. Tinubu also put all his energy and resources into the formation of the AC and we felt he deserved a spot on the ticket,” he wrote.

I thought u people said atiku is richer than tinubu...
For this Niger wey we dey .. Dem never born that polivian well ... Make him talk say him hetoney pass jagaban..
Lagos money.
Alpha Beta collecting 10% of the whole Lagos revenue comes to mind.
Thiefnuubu's son is in charge of all billboards and advertisements in Lagos.

4 Likes

Re: Akande: Buhari Promised To Pick Tinubu As Running Mate In 2015, Then Reneged by Traplord09: 8:46am On Dec 11, 2021
Southern slaves are those few SW political jobbers who conspired with Northern elements to undermine the people of SW. Some of the names are listed hereunder
1. Chief Akintola
2. Chief Fani Kayode and now his son Femi
3. Chief Akinjide
4. Adisa Akinloye
5. M.K.O Abiola (was later killed by his same Northern friends)
6. Bola Tinubu (where are the cows)
7. Bisi Akande

These people are known to have worked against their own people because of their selfish and personal ambitions.

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Akande: Buhari Promised To Pick Tinubu As Running Mate In 2015, Then Reneged by DabuIIIT: 8:51am On Dec 11, 2021
vedaxcool:

It is a free world, it is not a crime. The voters will decide whether the idea of great or not. You can disintegrate yourselves since you are too intolerant to understand politics.
You northerners are very intolerant of other people.
Every year since independence,the has been on the sit of power,one way or the other.
Will you guys accept say,a Calabar president and Benin vice president?
Things you never accept,you wanna force it on others and use deceptions like "it's left to the people to decide" garbage to deceive yourself.

God is watching and will surely judge you people

1 Like

Re: Akande: Buhari Promised To Pick Tinubu As Running Mate In 2015, Then Reneged by Davefed(m): 8:51am On Dec 11, 2021
clothingonline:
For this Niger wey we dey .. Dem never born that polivian well ... Make him talk say him hetoney pass jagaban..

I hail the master of modern politics

So you are celebrating someone that stole your region Commonwealth and still depleting it without remorse. Very unfortunate

5 Likes

Re: Akande: Buhari Promised To Pick Tinubu As Running Mate In 2015, Then Reneged by Maghan37: 8:52am On Dec 11, 2021
If i am not mistaken. Tinubu actually turned him down for the post
Re: Akande: Buhari Promised To Pick Tinubu As Running Mate In 2015, Then Reneged by Nobody: 8:57am On Dec 11, 2021
GreatTormentor:
Well osibanjo is the incoming president, baby factory criminals and drug traffickers developers can go and die

The Igbo, sometimes referred to as Ibo, are one of the largest single ethnic groups in Africa. Most Igbo speakers are based in southeast Nigeria, where they make up almost 17% of the population; they can also be found in significant numbers in Cameroon and Equatorial Guinea. Their language is also called Igbo. The primary Igbo states in Nigeria are Anambra, Abia, Imo, Ebonyi, and Enugu States. The Igbos also are more than 25% of the population in some Nigerian States like Delta State and Rivers State. Traces of the Igbo Culture and language could be found in Cross River, Akwa Ibom and Bayelsa States. Igbo language is predominant in such cities like Onitsha, Aba, Owerri, Enugu, Nnewi, Nsukka, Awka, Umuahia, and Asaba, among others.

Which tribe is the most intelligent in Africa?
Igbo people are some of the smartest and brightest tribes in Africa and they continue to maintain their spot as some of the most intelligent people in the world as several successful igbo people show this.

Igbo Tribe
When you talk of money making and business, then give it to the Igbos, it is in their DNA. This tribe are one of the most obsessed with money and it is paying off. This tribe is one of the most successful in Nigeria and also one of the most popular in the country.

President Buhari statement about Ndigbo;
the President said, “The fundamental thing about the Igbo people is that there is no town you will visit in Nigeria without seeing the Igbos being in charge of either infrastructure or pharmaceutical industry.

“Therefore, it is unthinkable for me that any Igbo man would consider himself not to be a part of Nigeria.

“The evidence is there for everyone to see that Igbos are in charge of Nigeria’s economy.”

Reno Omokri ;
I personally do not believe that the Nigerian and Lagos state governments fully understand what Igbos bring to the table.

Igbos are like palm trees in the desert. If you see palm trees, you know water is there. If you see an Igbo in a town, you know progress is there. Not as if they go where progress is. They themselves are seed of progress that yield harvests of progress.

To have a proper understanding of what the Igbo have achieved, consider that every Igbo man, woman and child in Nigeria was reduced to £20 after the civil war in 1970. But look at how far they have come since then. They turned adversity to prosperity.

No ethnic group are as Nigerian as the Igbo. An Igbo builds his family, his house and his businesses in whatever part of Nigeria he finds himself. They do not exploit other regions. They expand other regions. It is a disservice to treat them as unwanted.

Instead of making Igbos feel unwelcome, leaders should welcome them. Anyone who thinks the Igbo really want to break away does not understand economics. In 2003, Elrufai revealed Igbos own 73% of land in Abuja. Google it. That is commitment to Nigeria.

This idea that Igbo come to exploit other regions is unscientific. Igbos create value. They do not take value already created. Example, by opening shops, Igbos create value by meeting a need. Without Igbo, the price of spare-parts in the North will be x4.

It might shock you to know there are more Igbo doctors practicing in other parts of Nigeria than in the SE. Thousands of Igbos are battling Boko Haram in the NE. These are critical values. People who bring such value should be celebrated, not denigrated.

In my opinion, Nigeria made a mistake dismantling Biafra’s military industrial complex after Biafra’s 1970 defeat. The allies defeated Germany in 1945 but absorbed their scientists into their military industrial complex.

Biafra developed technology that Nigeria could have exploited. We have issues fighting Boko Haram because we depend on others for weapons. Biafra was surrounded, yet they made their weapons and refined fuel. Nigeria is not surrounded, yet we cannot make weapons or refine fuel! We could have been making our own weapons by now.

‪I do not know if Igbos understand their power. If every Igbo man, woman and child living in Nigeria returns home for a year, the economies of five geopolitical zones may collapse. You cannot say this about any other ethnicity.

Treat Igbos well. Not for their sake. But for your region’s sake. A liability consumes more than what he produces. The Igbos are not like that. Wherever they go, they produce more than they consume. In accounting terms, that makes them an ASSET wherever they are.
Igbos only think they are being marginalised. If only they knew! God is using the marginalisation of Igbos for His purpose. I met an Igbo mayor of a major American city. Many Igbo are mayors/MPs in Europe. An Igbo is being considered as a future British PM.

Like Jews, the more you marginalise Igbos locally, the more they leave to thrive globally. It is the destiny of the Igbo race to restore the fortunes of the Black Race worldwide. Their crucifixion is meant to prepare them for their benediction.

Former Head of State, General Yakubu Gowon (rtd), yesterday stated that Nigeria would not be complete without Ndigbo, adding that the absence of Igbo’s intelligentsia and hard work would have made the nation poorer.

Former President of Nigeria, Olusegun Obasanjo, has warned Nigerians against leading Igbos to another war.

Obasanjo while speaking at his lectures recently, reminded the Yorubas concerning the war of 1967, the civil war. He said the Igbo tribe was defeated because they had nothing then.

According to him, there were few borders then and once the Nigerians captured those states with the borders, the Igbos were sealed in with no hope of getting help from the outside world.

He added that the countries which could assist them also did not quite understand what they were fighting for.

However, in his recent warning, Obasanjo said the Igbos are all over the world and very rich. They can now buy weapons and many other things necessary for the war to be won, he added.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Akande: Buhari Promised To Pick Tinubu As Running Mate In 2015, Then Reneged by jaxxy(m): 8:59am On Dec 11, 2021
U can see that Akande and co will prefer selfish interests than to ensure fair representation of religious or tribal groups.

All I read was pettiness, selfishness and greed. Buhari was even more civil and intelligent. Surprisingly.

6 Likes

Re: Akande: Buhari Promised To Pick Tinubu As Running Mate In 2015, Then Reneged by BeardedmeatR(m): 8:59am On Dec 11, 2021
greensandy:

States like Ekiti and Ondo in Yorubaland have been having Christian/Christian as Governor/Deputy Governor, do you see Yoruba Muslims from those state grumbling?
Yes they are grumbling. Muric on their behalf have raised alot of dust
Re: Akande: Buhari Promised To Pick Tinubu As Running Mate In 2015, Then Reneged by slimghost(m): 9:03am On Dec 11, 2021
This man and his bunch of old useless type are the reason Nigeria is a mess. We need our own Jerry Rawlings to clean this up.
We deserve a fresh start.

2 Likes

Re: Akande: Buhari Promised To Pick Tinubu As Running Mate In 2015, Then Reneged by BeardedmeatR(m): 9:04am On Dec 11, 2021
CaptainAyub:

Lagos money.
Alpha Beta collecting 10% of the whole Lagos revenue comes to mind.
Thiefnuubu's son is in charge of all billboards and advertisements in Lagos.
Why won't he be the richest politician when he supports only those who will make return to him into offices

They reward him with highly inflated contracts. Even in the north, tinubu has big contracts going on. He uses Lagos money to get more money to get more power.
Re: Akande: Buhari Promised To Pick Tinubu As Running Mate In 2015, Then Reneged by mkoabiola: 9:05am On Dec 11, 2021
So Buhari betrayed d choice of tinubu as the vice presidential candidate despite the agreement..

Chai

Tinubu respects baba akande alot.

If not for pressure from the northern govs.

Tinubu would have been d vice president

Interesting

I need to read this book

1 Like

Re: Akande: Buhari Promised To Pick Tinubu As Running Mate In 2015, Then Reneged by BeardedmeatR(m): 9:09am On Dec 11, 2021
Maghan37:
If i am not mistaken. Tinubu actually turned him down for the post
Where did you read that?

Buhari reneged on making tinubu his running mate.

He called Akande to give him three names to choose from.

When Akande told tinubu of the latest development, a visibly angry Tinubu decided he doesn't want to part of that and went back to Lagos.

1 Like

Re: Akande: Buhari Promised To Pick Tinubu As Running Mate In 2015, Then Reneged by Decide2rise: 9:14am On Dec 11, 2021
GreatTormentor:
Well osibanjo is the incoming president, baby factory criminals and drug traffickers developers can go and die
No more Tinubu ? Anu mpama

2 Likes

Re: Akande: Buhari Promised To Pick Tinubu As Running Mate In 2015, Then Reneged by Nobody: 9:29am On Dec 11, 2021
vedaxcool:

He could have been the VP in both cases but choose to look at the bigger picture. You may hate a man but don't hate his sacrifice!
that "sacrifice" has made Nigerians 10 times poorer. But ethno-religious sentiments won't let you have sense. Buhari, Tinubu, Osinbajo are all culpable in the deplorable state Nigeria is currently in.

1 Like

Re: Akande: Buhari Promised To Pick Tinubu As Running Mate In 2015, Then Reneged by VOICEofORIENTAL: 9:33am On Dec 11, 2021
vedaxcool:
[s][/s]

He sacrificed twice so that Christians would be accommodated in the scheme of things and bigots like yourself won't have lies and demonic manipulations to foist on Christendom.

BAT is a true nationalist and patriot. I salute his wisdom.
sacrifice!!!is this what you called sacrifice?he actually wanted to be the VP but, the VP slot eluded him because of his religion.so,at this point,he has no option than to give a name of his choice as demanded by buhari...so where is the sacrifice?

5 Likes

Re: Akande: Buhari Promised To Pick Tinubu As Running Mate In 2015, Then Reneged by PHIPEX(m): 9:33am On Dec 11, 2021
So the entire APC arrangement was all about Buhari and Tinubu. You mean they deceptively co-opted other Nigerians just to achieve their aim?

Tinubu wanted to deceive others to achieve his aim but got deceived, that's kama.

2 Likes

Re: Akande: Buhari Promised To Pick Tinubu As Running Mate In 2015, Then Reneged by TooMuchStuff: 9:34am On Dec 11, 2021
Oyinlomobambam:

What of Yoruba Christian and co?
Sorry sir.
I actually mean:
Tinubu,
Bisi Akande,
Fashola,
Saraki
Amosun
Aregberascal,
MURIC
Re: Akande: Buhari Promised To Pick Tinubu As Running Mate In 2015, Then Reneged by VOICEofORIENTAL: 9:38am On Dec 11, 2021
GreatTormentor:
we are engaging in fruitful discussion,pls no use of fowl & abusive words
Re: Akande: Buhari Promised To Pick Tinubu As Running Mate In 2015, Then Reneged by tete7000(m): 9:47am On Dec 11, 2021
greensandy:

States like Ekiti and Ondo in Yorubaland have been having Christian/Christian as Governor/Deputy Governor, do you see Yoruba Muslims from those state grumbling?

They are, I have heard their grumbling many times particularly when Fayose held sway in Ekiti. We don't do ourselves any favor when we refuse to listen to people who complain of being marginalised. What works for you today that you keep quiet will work against you tomorrow and you won't be able to complain.
Re: Akande: Buhari Promised To Pick Tinubu As Running Mate In 2015, Then Reneged by emilo2bad: 10:14am On Dec 11, 2021
TooMuchStuff:
Shame on you all Yoruba Muslims who helped the terror merchant to power. Would be too ashamed to publicly associate myself with the lifeless one of Daura
Looking at the situation we are in now because of the wrong choice of 2015
Shame on you all igbo Catholics who deceive kanu into eating waterlng beans in Abuja and killing of their fellow igbos and Igbo Catholics as charm for ikonso now late. We the good people of Nigeria made the best choice in 2015 and repeated it in 2019 we are proud of the good work baba is doing
Re: Akande: Buhari Promised To Pick Tinubu As Running Mate In 2015, Then Reneged by knowhowk: 10:29am On Dec 11, 2021
Millimann:
So it's all about do for me I do for you? Nobody cares about the welfare of the country.

No wonder the country is where it is now.
Right

1 Like

Re: Akande: Buhari Promised To Pick Tinubu As Running Mate In 2015, Then Reneged by TooMuchStuff: 10:37am On Dec 11, 2021
emilo2bad:

Shame on you all igbo Catholics who deceive kanu into eating waterlng beans in Abuja and killing of their fellow igbos and Igbo Catholics as charm for ikonso now late. We the good people of Nigeria made the best choice in 2015 and repeated it in 2019 we are proud of the good work baba is doing

It's clear you are not Nigerian but from Maradi in Niger Republic where the Chief Fulani Terrorist comes from. Can you allow we Nigerians that bought a liter of petrol at N87 during GEJ time but now N165 here in Abuja to vent out our angst in Peace??

4 Likes

Re: Akande: Buhari Promised To Pick Tinubu As Running Mate In 2015, Then Reneged by SeunO1979: 10:54am On Dec 11, 2021
walefresh3:
He narrated that what prompted the push for a Tinubu as vice president for the first time under Atiku was that anytime they said they needed money, Atiku would say “Bola please help us”.

“Bola (Tinubu) was the only one spending the money among us. The rest of us were poor. Tinubu also put all his energy and resources into the formation of the AC and we felt he deserved a spot on the ticket,” he wrote.

You are really funny. You never see where hype man get money pass spender abi. Tinubu has money but don't say he is the richest cos he was being deceived to spend. They already him to be too ambitious and ready to anything. Them dey use baba head

1 Like

Re: Akande: Buhari Promised To Pick Tinubu As Running Mate In 2015, Then Reneged by Oyinlomobambam(m): 11:03am On Dec 11, 2021
TooMuchStuff:

Sorry sir.
I actually mean:
Tinubu,
Bisi Akande,
Fashola,
Saraki
Amosun
Aregberascal,
MURIC

They are Muslim no doubt, but I still ask again... What of Yoruba Christian that support him in 2015?
Abi none Christian support him from Yoruba tribe?

https://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/top-news/173761-igbos-top-list-donors-buhari-apc.html
Please don't let use sentiment to talk about politics, it will do us no good.

I know a very large number of Yoruba Christian and Igbo that support Buhari, but all of them are fighting for their interest not that they're doing it for us.

1 Like

Re: Akande: Buhari Promised To Pick Tinubu As Running Mate In 2015, Then Reneged by ceej(m): 11:03am On Dec 11, 2021
SW have always been the PROBLEM of Nigeria..tHEY ARE NEITHER HERE NOR THERE..Bisi kande is one of those..How can he ever think of a mu\-muslim-muslim ticket..wicked people..BAT will never rule these country..Buhari has settled him with the partnership and using some of his candidates for the last 8 years.Let him go and retire with that.

1 Like

Re: Akande: Buhari Promised To Pick Tinubu As Running Mate In 2015, Then Reneged by delpee(f): 11:37am On Dec 11, 2021
JaroMan:
https://www.thisdaylive.com/index.php/2021/12/10/akande-buhari-promised-to-pick-tinubu-as-running-mate-in-2015-then-reneged/

I read everything because I'm a student of politics.
My take away:
The man said "this position is for South West and in Yoruba, religion is none issue".
This implies that Yoruba leaders see VP of Nigeria as an ethnic property and not Nigeria. They believe the VP must serve the interest of South West and not that of Nigeria.
No wonder the in VP staff, you hardly find someone from another tribe.
It was evident from word go that Buhari is not a man of his own. He was always dragged into action and would always go with his tribe. This has not changed.
Adams Oshiomole has always been with Tinubu and he was rewarded with national chairman.
Same Tinubu was rewarded with Yomi Osibanjo, Speaker, Senate President, ministers of works, housing and power. FIR, Budget office, and juicy contracts.
So nobody should come and say "Buhari owes Tinubu". That's why other party members are spoilt for war because they have seen the Tinubu is greedy.
Finally, this book launch is ill timed. It will unsettle some power brokers. People like
OBJ, Buhari, Northern elders and some Yoruba elders.
Maybe it was done in a bid to force Buhari into supporting Tinubu, but a close look will tell you that Bisi Akande bare it all and isn't happy with the president.
I salute his courage.

A northerner in VPs office has debunked this notion that most of the staff there are Yorubas.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Buhari Ally Abubakar Tsav Warns Him Against Sectional Appointments / ''I Will Not Disappoint Nigerians'' President Buhari Says / Saraki, Supporters Sing New Song In Kwara

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.