Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,021 members, 7,803,428 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 04:04 PM

Men, Would You Consider Being Househusbands? - Family (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Men, Would You Consider Being Househusbands? (15567 Views)

Do You Consider Marriage & Children As Achievements? / Men, Would You Hire A Male Nanny For Your Daughter? / Do You Consider Flogging An Effective Way Of Discipline? What's The Alternative? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Men, Would You Consider Being Househusbands? by udemzyudex(m): 8:15pm On Dec 12, 2021
frozen70:

That's exactly the same reason why men are still struggling till old age because they don't want a woman to play their roles for them, only to still insult them because they can no longer provide

You still don't get it, even if a man decide to play the role of woman in the house, the woman will still complain and Insult the man because they believe a man is not suppose to take up the role of a woman, he can only assist, that's how it is naturally.

It's just like a lady exhibiting some some traits as they grow older because she's a woman,same thing applies to a man.
Re: Men, Would You Consider Being Househusbands? by Phut(f): 8:23pm On Dec 12, 2021
NoToPile:

Nope, it's the other way round as the OP as stated don't twist it angry

How many Nigerian males will be willing to be househusbands when their wives provide (let me even add temporarily)

Some do become house husbands oh! The only problem is that most of them don’t actually do any house work. They spend all that free time, plus the money the wife brings home, to chase girls - sometimes the house helps inclusive.
Re: Men, Would You Consider Being Househusbands? by Dmacqh(m): 8:33pm On Dec 12, 2021
What is the usefulness of salt without its taste ? I won’t be surprised if someone here creates a thread , why do women have vagina and men have penis or who said Adam was created before Eve ? Or Eve is not Adam bone , that both of them are created same day and time equally ? Why all the fight against men ? Are women not contented in their body physique again ?
I quote a woman who I respect so much , Ngozi Okonjo Iweala , on her stance about feminism,
‘’Stop confusing young girls . Being rude to your husband is not feminism ;dressing indecent on social media is not feminism ; Being nasty to men folks in your workplace is not feminism; Choosing to stay unmarried because you don’t want to be a submissive wife is not feminism;
Feminism is simply an advocacy for women to be heard , protected , supported and allowed equal opportunities to make their own impact as much as they can . It is not a battle line drawn against men folk or an avenue to showcase one’s foolery. Don’t confuse the mission PLS “ . That’s the a woman I will like my future wife to emulate.
Coming back to your thread @op
The problem isn’t acquiring power , can you deal with comes with the power ?
First , a man is the husband. A woman is the wife , no matter their status . As a woman , if your husband decides to stay at home to take care of the home , can you give him money to go to market , buy car for him , take him to shopping, dinner nights or even clubs at your expenses without complaining? Can you come back and demand to make love to him and he says , he’s not in the mood and you will tolerate it ? The @op should include the man to accept to get pregnant, that is the wife impregnating him ? I guess the woman should also pay the groom prize and get the kids to answer her own mother name ? I have never seen a man that quarrels with his peace of mind . A man can accept it even more if the @op can do all those things without been disrespectful. A lady like Linda will tell you they don’t need a man . Once a man makes money , he chooses a woman that will love him irrespective of class , but a lady millionaire will tell I don’t need a man . Each gender is unique, you can’t be wiser than your god .
Re: Men, Would You Consider Being Househusbands? by Akuruoulo(m): 8:53pm On Dec 12, 2021
Ishilove:
Pampered ko, Pampers ni
SOO MEN DON'T DESERVE TO BE PAMPERED ?
Re: Men, Would You Consider Being Househusbands? by Akuruoulo(m): 9:02pm On Dec 12, 2021
Opeyemiextra:

Please, point out the baseless assumptions in this post. You lot complain about women all the time but won't admit your own inadequacies.
Is actually baseless to some extent , but u didn't notice because u are a woman and don't know abt it. Can a woman as a breadwinner provide protection to her husband and family ? Can she come out boldly against some odds as the head of the house etc? Its nt just about been the breadwinner . BIKO IF SHE CAN PROVIDE ALL THIS , AND MANY MORE THEN AM IN. BIKO COME MARRY ME , AND MAKE ME UR HOUSEHUSBAND. I USE GOD BEG U
Re: Men, Would You Consider Being Househusbands? by Akuruoulo(m): 9:04pm On Dec 12, 2021
Phut:

Some do become house husbands oh! The only problem is that most of them don’t actually do any house work. They spend all that free time, plus the money the wife brings home, to chase girls - sometimes the house helps inclusive.
Biko can i be ur househusband ?
Re: Men, Would You Consider Being Househusbands? by Hkff: 9:08pm On Dec 12, 2021
Yes
Re: Men, Would You Consider Being Househusbands? by Akuruoulo(m): 9:10pm On Dec 12, 2021
frozen70:

That's true,
But you see those men that allow pride to rule their lives, they are having it hot hot from their wives

Most married men who can't provide the way their wives does, helps them at home and you won't hear or know, as a matter of fact, he doesn't keep friends because he doesn't want them to mock him

Before you know it, the family is a happy family

Because of his loyalty at home, the wife can raise him up with a business or UBER
I HAVE WATCHED THIS MOVIE BEFORE. BUT DID THEY MAN HIRE A HOUSEHELP AT LAST ?
Re: Men, Would You Consider Being Househusbands? by Akuruoulo(m): 9:17pm On Dec 12, 2021
frozen70:

That's true,
But you see those men that allow pride to rule their lives, they are having it hot hot from their wives

Most married men who can't provide the way their wives does, helps them at home and you won't hear or know, as a matter of fact, he doesn't keep friends because he doesn't want them to mock him

Before you know it, the family is a happy family

Because of his loyalty at home, the wife can raise him up with a business or UBER
I KNW THIS KIND FAMILY IN MY STREET WHERE THE MAN GOES TO SCHOOL RUNS, FARM, OTHER CHORES OF HIS CHOICE BUT DOESN'T COOK, YET THEY ARE STILL STRUGGLING. THE ONLY PROPERTY THEY HAVE IS THE ONE ACQUIRED BY THE MAN WHEN ALL WAS MOVING FINE FOR HIM. ITS NOT EASY FOR A WOMAN TO BRING UP A FALLEN HUSBAND. THE MAN REMAIN IRRELEVANT NOR MATTER THE LEVEL THE WIFE MAKE HIM REACH. IF NA LIE CHECK ALL THE RICH WOMEN OF THE WORLD, ITS EITHER THEIR HUSBNDS ARE IRRELEVANT OR THEY ACQUIRE THEIR WEALTH THROUGH THEIR MAN.
Re: Men, Would You Consider Being Househusbands? by Bennysam: 9:17pm On Dec 12, 2021
frozen70:

Lol, people like you won't understand the meaning
Hahahaha educated illiterate
Re: Men, Would You Consider Being Househusbands? by Akuruoulo(m): 9:19pm On Dec 12, 2021
Hathor5:

With a newborn?
Yes and mother in~law for help
Re: Men, Would You Consider Being Househusbands? by Akuruoulo(m): 9:24pm On Dec 12, 2021
Hathor5:

bold
Something tells me that you will be a great father, loving and loved dearly.

blue
In many countries governments encourage fathers to look after their children temporarily. While the mother stays at home after delivery for 6-12 months, the father can stay with the kids for some months afterwards. Or if the mother is not breastfeeding, he can take over few weeks after delivery.

I love fathers to be more involved.
i love mothers to be involved financially too
Re: Men, Would You Consider Being Househusbands? by Akuruoulo(m): 9:27pm On Dec 12, 2021
Hathor5:

But would we swap? There are some men right here on this thread who are open to the idea of staying at home temporarily. Can we say the same about the ladies?
Am willing to swap MA
Re: Men, Would You Consider Being Househusbands? by Akuruoulo(m): 9:32pm On Dec 12, 2021
Mariangeles:

I’ve been noticing your comments.
You are the best husband on nairaland.
HE WILL ACTUALLY MAKE THE BEST HOUSEHUSBAND OR SHEHUSBAND
Re: Men, Would You Consider Being Househusbands? by Emanodimo(m): 9:44pm On Dec 12, 2021
eazzzy1:
It would be a privilege to retire early and be a stay home dad aka househusband. I would really love to be very active in the life of my kids. Drop and pick them from school, take them to their games, have a hot plate await them when they return from school etc.

I won’t want to be a househusband without money though because women do not treat kindly men without money. I think we will see more men willing to be househusbands when more women are willing to provide for their families without a grudge.

To get the average woman to contribute 50% for the upkeep of their families is still a tug of war talk less of being the sole provider. If a woman has to solely provide for her home she doesn’t need the man and she will show him clearly in words and in deeds.

You comment has explained it all
Re: Men, Would You Consider Being Househusbands? by frozen70(f): 9:45pm On Dec 12, 2021
Bennysam:

Hahahaha educated illiterate

That's exactly what you are
Re: Men, Would You Consider Being Househusbands? by frozen70(f): 9:48pm On Dec 12, 2021
Akuruoulo:
I KNW THIS KIND FAMILY IN MY STREET WHERE THE MAN GOES TO SCHOOL RUNS, FARM, OTHER CHORES OF HIS CHOICE BUT DOESN'T COOK, YET THEY ARE STILL STRUGGLING. THE ONLY PROPERTY THEY HAVE IS THE ONE ACQUIRED BY THE MAN WHEN ALL WAS MOVING FINE FOR HIM. ITS NOT EASY FOR A WOMAN TO BRING UP A FALLEN HUSBAND. THE MAN REMAIN IRRELEVANT NOR MATTER THE LEVEL THE WIFE MAKE HIM REACH. IF NA LIE CHECK ALL THE RICH WOMEN OF THE WORLD, ITS EITHER THEIR HUSBNDS ARE IRRELEVANT OR THEY ACQUIRE THEIR WEALTH THROUGH THEIR MAN.

Lol
Meaning that their wives makes fortune through them and the men becomes poor
Re: Men, Would You Consider Being Househusbands? by frozen70(f): 9:49pm On Dec 12, 2021
Akuruoulo:
I HAVE WATCHED THIS MOVIE BEFORE. BUT DID THEY MAN HIRE A HOUSEHELP AT LAST ?

I never knew it was even in a script
Re: Men, Would You Consider Being Househusbands? by frozen70(f): 9:52pm On Dec 12, 2021
jaxxy:

Yes they humbled themselves and supported their wives by their wives humbled themselves too not dictating or controlling the man and home like some of u little girls are bent on trying to do.

These ladies u mention still did and still do their wifey duties despite arriving not telling the man to go to the kitchen since they earn more.

U young ladies should learn and have sense. Marry Sm1 u respect not because of he has more money than u bt for other qualities he’s has.

Don’t F00l with small money than u will insult because u suddenly have more money than him or he’s out of job.

Ladies and women of these days go for a man that has self respect and they also struggle to make their own money so that the burden of family will be less to carry and they also contribute

But the man should learn not to boss her no woman wants such from a man, even if she has nothing to bring to the table

Both parties should just respect themselves
Re: Men, Would You Consider Being Househusbands? by Bennysam: 9:54pm On Dec 12, 2021
frozen70:

That's exactly what you are
Are you still fooling around? Your mother is indeed childless if you're her only child
Re: Men, Would You Consider Being Househusbands? by frozen70(f): 9:59pm On Dec 12, 2021
Bennysam:

Are you still fooling around? Your mother is indeed childless if you're her only child

E pain you, lol
Re: Men, Would You Consider Being Househusbands? by jaxxy(m): 10:04pm On Dec 12, 2021
frozen70:

Ladies and women of these days go for a man that has self respect and they also struggle to make their own money so that the burden of family will be less to carry and they also contribute

But the man should learn not to boss her no woman wants such from a man, even if she has nothing to bring to the table

Both parties should just respect themselves

Do not marry a Man U cannot respect for who he is and not what he is undecided

Nobody should boss anybody bt the man is the boss.
Re: Men, Would You Consider Being Househusbands? by Akuruoulo(m): 10:04pm On Dec 12, 2021
frozen70:

Lol
Meaning that their wives makes fortune through them and the men becomes poor
Nope . They acquired it through divorce or death of the husband. If a woman makes money on her own, then the husband must remain irrelevant . Do u knw the husband of most rich women ?
Re: Men, Would You Consider Being Househusbands? by Akuruoulo(m): 10:07pm On Dec 12, 2021
frozen70:

I never knew it was even in a script
Its no scripted dear . Just that it sounded like something that frequently occur in the movie eg ; like woman beat up men in the movie
Re: Men, Would You Consider Being Househusbands? by Nobody: 10:08pm On Dec 12, 2021
frozen70:

If every woman doesn't want to marry a man because he can't provide, people will bear children at a very old age, yet the problem isn't solved

Yes a woman can still get married to a man that is yet to get something doing in the condition that the man has vision

The man may he focused but yet to get his bearing

A man gets married and doors starts opening

Any man that is not realy lazy must have something doing no matter how small

excuse me, you are shifting the goalposts. A house husband by my understanding is a man who has accepted that is his permanent role in the family.

1 Like

Re: Men, Would You Consider Being Househusbands? by frozen70(f): 10:08pm On Dec 12, 2021
Akuruoulo:
Nope . They acquired it through divorce or death of the husband. If a woman makes money on her own, then the husband must remain irrelevant . Do u knw the husband of most rich women ?

This your assessment is wrong, especially the first paragraph
Re: Men, Would You Consider Being Househusbands? by frozen70(f): 10:10pm On Dec 12, 2021
jaxxy:

Do not marry a Man U cannot respect for who he is and not what he is undecided

Nobody should boss anybody bt the man is the boss.

Since the man is the boss, let him provide all without expecting any assistance from the woman

Who does that ?

Is being a boss an achievement.?
Re: Men, Would You Consider Being Househusbands? by frozen70(f): 10:12pm On Dec 12, 2021
perambulator:

excuse me, you are shifting the goalposts. A house husband by my understanding is a man who has accepted that is his permanent role in the family.

When ever you see a man as a house husband, na condition bend crayfish
Re: Men, Would You Consider Being Househusbands? by hairyman(m): 10:12pm On Dec 12, 2021
It is a marriage that has a high probability of failure.
Fact is, women don't like being the breadwinners. There are enough statistics to show that when that happens, the marriage has a high probability of hitting the rocks.
I mean, even if you earn very well as a man but your wife makes enough money to significantly affect your family's quality of life, then there will probably be problem down the line.
Besides unusual circumstances, men seem to resent house hold chores. The more chores a man does, the more likely the marriage is to fail.
And to date, the most lasting marriages are the traditionally incline ones where the man is the bread winner and his wife the homemaker. And i mean this for the advanced nations with marriage stats. (here we don't have stats)
Now the reasons for these are not clear, but the statistics are there for everyone to find.
Ergo a househusband is a dangerous state of affairs; the man very probably resent the position, and the woman very probably will resent the marriage.

If you are a man, work hard to provide for your family. That girlfriend that didn't mind paying part of the expenses will probably not take kindly to the same circumstance as a wife with a baby in her arms.
Things are hard, otherwise i will advice men to not even share bills with their wives because you may find out, unpleasantly, that love is a fleeting emotion, and develop bad memories of times in your marriage that will be difficult to overcome and will shape your relationship for the worse.
Re: Men, Would You Consider Being Househusbands? by frozen70(f): 10:13pm On Dec 12, 2021
perambulator:

The goal post can still be shifted if that will make a goal to the post
Re: Men, Would You Consider Being Househusbands? by jaxxy(m): 10:18pm On Dec 12, 2021
frozen70:

Since the man is the boss, let him provide all without expecting any assistance from the woman

Who does that ?

Is being a boss an achievement.?

If u know u can’t respect ur husband don’t marry him. It’s very simple.

Ask Funke alakija. Marriage is not by force. Many women are doing baby mama now, it’s an option for women who feel money is what determines their respect.

Mind u women have always been co providers from historic days by farming and other things so there is nothing new about women providing for their home.

A wife is not chef and baby factory only.

If u like make N1billion a month u must still respect ur husband. If u have problems with respecting him don’t marry him at all. Simple. undecided

1 Like

Re: Men, Would You Consider Being Househusbands? by Akuruoulo(m): 10:19pm On Dec 12, 2021
faithfull18:

I really don't want to go this lane with you.

How many men provide 100% and still does chores??

The average woman has a job, business or both, does all these and still contributes financially.

Let's use Nigeria/Nigerians as a case study. Biblically sef, most will refer to Proverbs 31 woman but from most of the families mentioned, they always had helps.

The point is a man cannot do what the average woman does successfully without hiccups.
Are u telling me that those ones that throw away their babies, leave her kids unkept, cant make a delicious meal are not mothers, and they are doing their chores 100% abi ? We have more women who aren't up to task than men . Na who pay 4 dish wey woman cook ? Na who buy clothes wey woman wash ( clothe wey their pikin go help them wash as them the grow ), na who pay 4 rent ? Na who pay school fees and co ? Na who pay hopital bills etc . Anything a woman do , their must be a mans contribution in it

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Confession Time: Why Did You Marry Your Wife/husband / Beware Of This Fraudster; Squillaci/Lovenkreaand/Evangkatsoulis / Female Problems - Why Sweet/nice Guys Seldom Win

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.