Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,444 members, 7,808,591 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 01:54 PM

Help! I Got Bitten By A Local Dog - Health (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Help! I Got Bitten By A Local Dog (26666 Views)

Abroad-based Nigerian Man Dies 2 Days After Village Visit, Bitten By Strange Ant / I Got Bitten By A Non-Venomous Snake Today (Photos) / Man Dies After He Was Bitten By A Snake 'Sent' By An Unknown Person (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Help! I Got Bitten By A Local Dog by 9182736455O1999(m): 2:00pm On Dec 12, 2021
Walkee:
Please if you opened this thread just to ask me if this is a clinic or you want to ask why I went near the dog kindly close the thread.
I visited someone, the dog was lying close to the door, I tried to touch it so it could go away it just bit me. Small bite with scratches on my fingers(I guess the scratches are from its nails) I went to the clinic and took tetenus injection and they also gave me anti-rabies injection too (5k per one) and said I'm supposed to take it 3 times but I'm strapped for cash currently.
I heard if a dog transmit rabies, it would die after few days. Should I still be worried if the dog doesn't die?
I mean if the dog is healthy and alive does it means it couldn't have had rabies infection to transmit during bite?
I need advice from only those with knowledge of the matter
don't worry. The medication you have taken already will do.

don't mind those people noting will happen to you.
Re: Help! I Got Bitten By A Local Dog by Bennysam: 2:00pm On Dec 12, 2021
Walkee:
Please if you opened this thread just to ask me if this is a clinic or you want to ask why I went near the dog kindly close the thread.
I visited someone, the dog was lying close to the door, I tried to touch it so it could go away it just bit me. Small bite with scratches on my fingers(I guess the scratches are from its nails) I went to the clinic and took tetenus injection and they also gave me anti-rabies injection too (5k per one) and said I'm supposed to take it 3 times but I'm strapped for cash currently.
I heard if a dog transmit rabies, it would die after few days. Should I still be worried if the dog doesn't die?
I mean if the dog is healthy and alive does it means it couldn't have had rabies infection to transmit during bite?
No matter what go and see a doctor or pharmacist for your own good
Re: Help! I Got Bitten By A Local Dog by TheScientist: 2:02pm On Dec 12, 2021
Wait o. Am i the only one who noticed the English?
What is "...i gotten bitten by a local dog"?
I guess the dog's bite is already affecting the OP.
Please, be fast about the treatment so that it doesn't get beyond this.

1 Like

Re: Help! I Got Bitten By A Local Dog by Bellerophon: 2:03pm On Dec 12, 2021
Your initial medical recourse are sufficient enough to preclude you from suffering any malady to your health as a result of your encounter with the canine!!
I am a dog owner myself even though I do not own an indigenous breed! The subsequent doses of the anti rabies vaccination were merely to act as booster doses to help further prop your immune system with the necessary responses to neutralize a contagion! There is no correlation between your health and the dog’s trust me, your fear only being valid where and when necessary immunological defenses are not shored which you have rightly done with both shots of the tetanus and rabies injections
Re: Help! I Got Bitten By A Local Dog by jericco1(m): 2:03pm On Dec 12, 2021
Haakeem:
I think you should take all the injection,don't joke with your life,though when its your time your shall surely go.

All this dog self,i remebered a day when i was passing by and i saw a dog which needed help urgently because it leg was stucked on something.

When i try removing it leg from the hole...then in a blinkle of an eye, it gave me a terrible bite also and scrached my hand with it's finger,in the same rhyme i gave it a big blow which removed it from the hole that it was stucked on.
I hate nonsence!

Funny guy
Re: Help! I Got Bitten By A Local Dog by 9182736455O1999(m): 2:03pm On Dec 12, 2021
MITCHELL96:
Bite am back
Werey cheesy

2 Likes

Re: Help! I Got Bitten By A Local Dog by greggng: 2:04pm On Dec 12, 2021
You have to chop off the head of that dog. Take it to the vet dog who will test it for rabies. There after take all the anti rabies injection. I know you will be thinking I was joking when I said chop off the head . In the past that's how we use to do it . I don't know how is done now
Re: Help! I Got Bitten By A Local Dog by GreaterFuture(m): 2:04pm On Dec 12, 2021
dingbang:
If i were you, i would kill that dog.
For real bro?
How would one/he go about that? Realistically speaking...
Re: Help! I Got Bitten By A Local Dog by showafrica(m): 2:05pm On Dec 12, 2021
Walkee:
na elderly woman like that I don't think she treats the dogs. The dog doesn't go out like that because I always see it lying close to her kitchen. Since last year. She said the dog bit her granddaughter about 2 months ago.
To be honest, if it were any other time for the past 4 years, I wouldn't mind if the injection cost 20k per one but I'm at the lowest point financially right now. So that 10k is kind of like a mountain to me right now

This ekuke wey dey bite anyhow, make una chop am na
Re: Help! I Got Bitten By A Local Dog by tunize(m): 2:05pm On Dec 12, 2021
Sorry nothing is going to happen just try and complete the injection and lastly don't go around trying to torch people's dog you are not familiar with. if na like my rott you do this " you try torch am" without me present bros your hand for comot.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Help! I Got Bitten By A Local Dog by afamaustin(m): 2:05pm On Dec 12, 2021
Be observing and watching the dog if the dog dies within 3 days that mean the dog HV rabbis,den u start taking rabbis injection for 12days
Re: Help! I Got Bitten By A Local Dog by stayclearofme: 2:10pm On Dec 12, 2021
donbachi:
vaccinated with shiit.
What is this thing saying? Abi you be dog?
Re: Help! I Got Bitten By A Local Dog by Truvelisback(m): 2:10pm On Dec 12, 2021
If na me, i would revenge the bite by poisoning the dog to death i.e when next i visit.
Re: Help! I Got Bitten By A Local Dog by 2FlowZ(m): 2:13pm On Dec 12, 2021
Walkee:

And you didn’t kill the dog�
Re: Help! I Got Bitten By A Local Dog by micflo28(m): 2:13pm On Dec 12, 2021
Don’t worry, just like a spider bit a man and he turned to Spider-Man, you are about to become EkukeMan grin wink you will save us from criminals. All hail the new super hero grin cheesy

3 Likes

Re: Help! I Got Bitten By A Local Dog by OKOATA(m): 2:14pm On Dec 12, 2021
Walkee:
funnyly a guy got bitten today and told me the same thing, he took Aporo Ijebu and he bought bicham ampiclose that's all. He said nothing will happen. I don't think you will get rabies. Rabies aren't always on dogs like that except if transmitted through bats or other infected animals so not all dogs have rabies. Infact when a dog has rabies it will turn into a rapid dog and start biting both people and animals like him.
Re: Help! I Got Bitten By A Local Dog by Nicepoker(m): 2:15pm On Dec 12, 2021
Walkee:
you gonna be barking like a dog after 21 days if actually the dog is infected grin
Re: Help! I Got Bitten By A Local Dog by hope4nigeria(m): 2:20pm On Dec 12, 2021
Walkee:
I mean if the dog is healthy and alive does it means it couldn't have had rabies infection to transmit during bite?l
firstly, the injection in local clinic is #500/one, if you take complete injection, there's no problem
Re: Help! I Got Bitten By A Local Dog by AfonjaConehead: 2:20pm On Dec 12, 2021
yomi007k:

Wetin this one dey talk now? Abi u get rabies?

grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Help! I Got Bitten By A Local Dog by Gee64: 2:21pm On Dec 12, 2021
Take full rabbies shot.
Re: Help! I Got Bitten By A Local Dog by FlipModeSquade(m): 2:22pm On Dec 12, 2021
Walkee:
na elderly woman like that I don't think she treats the dogs. The dog doesn't go out like that because I always see it lying close to her kitchen. Since last year. She said the dog bit her granddaughter about 2 months ago.
To be honest, if it were any other time for the past 4 years, I wouldn't mind if the injection cost 20k per one but I'm at the lowest point financially right now. So that 10k is kind of like a mountain to me right now
Try and complete the shots no matter what it takes..

Rabies is very feckle..

It can manifest very fast or takes its time..

Don't depend on whether the dog dies or not..

There's no rule that says it must die before the person it bite..

Kpele..

1 Like

Re: Help! I Got Bitten By A Local Dog by Trustedpronet: 2:22pm On Dec 12, 2021
This thing killed one of my dunamis member friend. He foolishly applied anointing oil and the end result was death. No joke oo guy
Re: Help! I Got Bitten By A Local Dog by Makinaki: 2:23pm On Dec 12, 2021
Is this a Clinic? angry angry
Re: Help! I Got Bitten By A Local Dog by Nobody: 2:26pm On Dec 12, 2021
Walkee:
They should killed that dog since.
Re: Help! I Got Bitten By A Local Dog by SpaceAngel: 2:27pm On Dec 12, 2021

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RKU_vzyUFtQ

Remember this video in case you don't want to take vaccine. Once it gets to this stage, it's over.

3 Likes

Re: Help! I Got Bitten By A Local Dog by 9jaseefinish: 2:29pm On Dec 12, 2021
OP you're beginning to appear and sound aggressive like the local dog by ditching out so many warnings aggressively while seeking for advice
Re: Help! I Got Bitten By A Local Dog by Slickest(m): 2:32pm On Dec 12, 2021
Have u seen rec?
Re: Help! I Got Bitten By A Local Dog by Obakoolex(m): 2:34pm On Dec 12, 2021
What I will tell you is very simple and works like magic though very laughable

Buy what yoruba calls amala gbegiri or Abula, take it to d dog tell the owner to chain it then take like 2 morsels and give the dog few morsels too and that's all.

Even if the dog has any infection believe me nothing will happen to you. That's how our fore fathers takes care of dog victims in early days.
Re: Help! I Got Bitten By A Local Dog by TruthUntold: 2:35pm On Dec 12, 2021
grin angry
Haakeem:
I think you should take all the injection,don't joke with your life,though when its your time your shall surely go.

All this dog self,i remebered a day when i was passing by and i saw a dog which needed help urgently because it leg was stucked on something.

When i try removing it leg from the hole...then in a blinkle of an eye, it gave me a terrible bite also and scrached my hand with it's finger,in the same rhyme i gave it a big blow which removed it from the hole that it was stucked on.
I hate nonsence!
Re: Help! I Got Bitten By A Local Dog by Freelane33(m): 2:36pm On Dec 12, 2021
grin grin grin
Alphamale101:

Bros no fear you no go die nah just say you go begin bark after 3days on the 6th day you for don get tail for Yansh.
But if nah die you no go die

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Coronavirus Spreads To Algeria, Brazil, France / 624 New COVID-19 Cases, 561 Discharged And 8 Deaths On July 28 - (4906 Tested) / 4 Health Signs You Must Never Ignore

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.