Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,332 members, 7,808,162 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 07:55 AM

Help! I Got Bitten By A Local Dog - Health (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Help! I Got Bitten By A Local Dog (26663 Views)

Abroad-based Nigerian Man Dies 2 Days After Village Visit, Bitten By Strange Ant / I Got Bitten By A Non-Venomous Snake Today (Photos) / Man Dies After He Was Bitten By A Snake 'Sent' By An Unknown Person (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Help! I Got Bitten By A Local Dog by SenecaTheYonger: 2:38pm On Dec 12, 2021
Walkee:
Please if you opened this thread just to ask me if this is a clinic or you want to ask why I went near the dog kindly close the thread.
I visited someone, the dog was lying close to the door, I tried to touch it so it could go away it just bit me. Small bite with scratches on my fingers(I guess the scratches are from its nails) I went to the clinic and took tetenus injection and they also gave me anti-rabies injection too (5k per one) and said I'm supposed to take it 3 times but I'm strapped for cash currently.
I heard if a dog transmit rabies, it would die after few days. Should I still be worried if the dog doesn't die?
I mean if the dog is healthy and alive does it means it couldn't have had rabies infection to transmit during bite?
I need advice from only those with knowledge of the matter

Rabies don’t affect dogs. A dog will always be fine even if it has rabies. It only kills humans
Re: Help! I Got Bitten By A Local Dog by vanrichie1(m): 2:39pm On Dec 12, 2021
Try and visit a clinic before it’s to late
Or else in some days u b a dead meat
Re: Help! I Got Bitten By A Local Dog by Josephjogkuu: 2:44pm On Dec 12, 2021
Just count days from the day of the bite, if the dog is still alive after 7days, thennthe dog is rabbies-free, u can stop the vaccine then, but meanwhile, u should take the vaccines during the 7days if6 waiting because u could never tell if it's rabbied or not b4 the 7days.
Normally, rabbies vaccine are taken 7times (Days 0, 3, 7, 14, 21 and/28). A dog is not expected to live more than 7days after contacting rabbies infection. So when biten by a dog, assume u were bitten immediately the dog got rabbies, then wait 7days while taking vaccines day 0, 3 and 7, and u can stop vaccine if dig still alive after day 7. U are advised not to kill the dog, but make sure the dog dosent die from any other cause so as to be sure the dog didn't die from any other cause.
Re: Help! I Got Bitten By A Local Dog by house10s: 2:44pm On Dec 12, 2021
Walkee:
Please if you opened this thread just to ask me if this is a clinic or you want to ask why I went near the dog kindly close the thread.
I visited someone, the dog was lying close to the door, I tried to touch it so it could go away it just bit me. Small bite with scratches on my fingers(I guess the scratches are from its nails) I went to the clinic and took tetenus injection and they also gave me anti-rabies injection too (5k per one) and said I'm supposed to take it 3 times but I'm strapped for cash currently.
I heard if a dog transmit rabies, it would die after few days. Should I still be worried if the dog doesn't die?
I mean if the dog is healthy and alive does it means it couldn't have had rabies infection to transmit during bite?
clinic wan turn u maga
Re: Help! I Got Bitten By A Local Dog by Nobody: 2:46pm On Dec 12, 2021
We can send the op funds to complete the dosage instead of just advising him to complete it. If he has the money, I'm sure he wouldn't have bothered posting this.

4 Likes

Re: Help! I Got Bitten By A Local Dog by Onyeka2019: 2:47pm On Dec 12, 2021
Ahh go and drink undiluted tasty time..

Nah waiting mama Kunle drink but she still die the next day

Re: Help! I Got Bitten By A Local Dog by GoldenSpec: 2:48pm On Dec 12, 2021
Na to dey start to dey bark be that grin
Re: Help! I Got Bitten By A Local Dog by seanery: 2:49pm On Dec 12, 2021
U NO GET FAMILY....... GO ASK THEM FOR MONI IF U NO GET; WHY TELLING US.

WEITING CARRY U GO OLD WOMAN U WAN GO FUVK THE DAUGHTER BEFORE??

Walkee:
na elderly woman like that I don't think she treats the dogs. The dog doesn't go out like that because I always see it lying close to her kitchen. Since last year. She said the dog bit her granddaughter about 2 months ago.
To be honest, if it were any other time for the past 4 years, I wouldn't mind if the injection cost 20k per one but I'm at the lowest point financially right now. So that 10k is kind of like a mountain to me right now
Re: Help! I Got Bitten By A Local Dog by staga: 2:50pm On Dec 12, 2021
yomi007k:
Why don't u ask the owner if the dog was vaccinated.

I urge u to try and take full rabies vaccination.

Your life is worth more than N15k.

Vaccine failure in dogs is a well documented phenomenon. Don't rely on it.

1 Like

Re: Help! I Got Bitten By A Local Dog by Nonywendy(m): 2:50pm On Dec 12, 2021
SpaceAngel:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RKU_vzyUFtQ

Remember this video in case you don't want to take vaccine. Once it gets to this stage, it's over.
this guy can act sha
Re: Help! I Got Bitten By A Local Dog by Nonywendy(m): 2:52pm On Dec 12, 2021
U go touch paranoid dog. U don't knw d last time the owner gave her food . Under this government even animals dey vex
Re: Help! I Got Bitten By A Local Dog by staga: 2:53pm On Dec 12, 2021
SenecaTheYonger:

Rabies don’t affect dogs. A dog will always be fine even if it has rabies. It only kills humans

Liar. A rabid dog will die within 10 days of symptoms. Rabies affects all mammals, including goats, cows, buffaloes, hyenas, all feline cats, domestic cats, raccoons, bats, etc.

The only thing is that because dogs are the most domesticated animals and they are carnivores which bite, they transmit it to humans more than any other animal.

1 Like

Re: Help! I Got Bitten By A Local Dog by flokii: 2:55pm On Dec 12, 2021
@OP The owner of the dog should be the one footing your treatment bills.. you can actually file a case in court to that effect for compensation.

Any local dog wey get mind bite calabar person don price market for mr death hand.. if you don't gerrit, forget about it.
Re: Help! I Got Bitten By A Local Dog by Elidrisy20: 2:59pm On Dec 12, 2021
Go meet one local hunter, he will give you medicine
Re: Help! I Got Bitten By A Local Dog by dingbang(m): 3:02pm On Dec 12, 2021
GreaterFuture:

For real bro?
How would one/he go about that? Realistically speaking...
oh yes for real. My neighbor has a very stupid dog and it comes to overturn my dustbin and litter all the dirt in the compound. It gets me annoyed and I tell my neighbour; neighbour, see, one day this your dog will die.

Neighbour thinks i am joking, one day i wake up and heard the dog is dead.

Two people that dont like the dog are his wife and I. So we happy.

4 Likes

Re: Help! I Got Bitten By A Local Dog by dingbang(m): 3:02pm On Dec 12, 2021
Quality20:
kill and chop ko?
kill and throw away.
Re: Help! I Got Bitten By A Local Dog by Esimike: 3:11pm On Dec 12, 2021
Dogs with rabies die after a few days and it's not because they transmitted the rabies but because they are infected with it, if the dog doesn't die after a few days then you are safe and you don't need 3 shots of anti rabies...one or two will do

1 Like

Re: Help! I Got Bitten By A Local Dog by NGArmyTerrorist: 3:17pm On Dec 12, 2021
DoggoneDogg:

No mind dat mumuni.
Ekuke wey dey wack shit 24/7 naim owner wan go spend precious money to vaccinate.

Shebi na wen d owner even remember say him get dog. What rubbish.
Hey! Ewoooh! Hey! Ahhh grin

Re: Help! I Got Bitten By A Local Dog by freesoul12: 3:22pm On Dec 12, 2021
Just put capsule and nothing more. I have been bitten by our dog before.. Na wetin i just put be dat.. Na our dog sef.. I jumped through our fence in d night ...d dog think say i be thief

1 Like

Re: Help! I Got Bitten By A Local Dog by GreaterFuture(m): 3:27pm On Dec 12, 2021
dingbang:
oh yes for real. My neighbor has a very stupid dog and it comes to overturn my dustbin and litter all the dirt in the compound. It gets me annoyed and I tell my neighbour, neighbour, see, one day this your dog will die.

Neighbour thinks i am joking, one day i wake up and heard the dog is dead.

Two people that dont like the dog are his wife and I. So we happy.
How did you do it...?
Re: Help! I Got Bitten By A Local Dog by deltateam: 3:28pm On Dec 12, 2021
Walkee:

This only happens when Bingo is taken for granted. Would you try this if it were a foreign dog?
Dog that was sleeping on it's territory, you tried to shove it one side for wetin nah?

Anyway sorry for your ordeal, meanwhile I prefer you post a picture of the hand in case someone wants to support or advise further.
Re: Help! I Got Bitten By A Local Dog by Nobody: 3:29pm On Dec 12, 2021
My neighbour would say. I'm harsh, the dog is only trying to play with me when the little Devil is barking and running towards me. I carry objects pursue am.
Me: madam, I no want play with your dog abeg.
Re: Help! I Got Bitten By A Local Dog by Betboss(m): 3:32pm On Dec 12, 2021
Walkee:
na elderly woman like that I don't think she treats the dogs. The dog doesn't go out like that because I always see it lying close to her kitchen. Since last year. She said the dog bit her granddaughter about 2 months ago.
To be honest, if it were any other time for the past 4 years, I wouldn't mind if the injection cost 20k per one but I'm at the lowest point financially right now. So that 10k is kind of like a mountain to me right now

If you like be here and be yarning rubbish.... don't go and complete your dose.

A professional told you to take three doses, instead of looking for the money by all means, you are here asking stupid questions. Don't soon you will realise that 10k is a tip of what is about to befall you. Keep joking with dog bite.

1 Like

Re: Help! I Got Bitten By A Local Dog by olyrayy(m): 3:36pm On Dec 12, 2021
Don't risk it O. Rabies is very very painful. And if you start showing symptoms, there's no cure O. Na straight death: https://www.reddit.com/r/copypasta/comments/7qwtd5/rabies_is_scary/?utm_medium=android_app&utm_source=share
Re: Help! I Got Bitten By A Local Dog by OrdinaryNigeria(m): 3:41pm On Dec 12, 2021
babadee1:

If the dog doesn't die after ten days then you're safe it doesn't have rabies. Pls never try to touch a strange dog especially suddenly, they see it as a threat.
He was beaten by a provoked dog, not rabid dog.

Jus observe de dog for 10days for any sign of rabies b4 taking that vaccine.

That vacine can give u rabies.

In the east chemist the chop money
Re: Help! I Got Bitten By A Local Dog by Johel(m): 3:47pm On Dec 12, 2021
Walkee:

U go soon dey bark.... Superhero things...DOGMAN grin grin
Re: Help! I Got Bitten By A Local Dog by Haakeem(m): 3:48pm On Dec 12, 2021
tradepunter:

Humans really have low intelligence.... You met an animal in distress who doesn't understand your language...

At that point in time he's on survivor mode...

Meaning the dog is ready to die to get out of it... You saw the situation and couldn't assess how volatile it was?

Yeah you had compassion but in that case you encountered an animal that had it's instinct at level 100
Look this one,i bet that if you were in my shoe that day,base on the way you are talking now,i agree you would nt punish it for bitting you,but i am sure you would just walk pass it forgetting about it cause it harmed you.....me a sharp guy gave it a blow that punished it and also did it a favour....
stop reasoning with your ynash pls.
Re: Help! I Got Bitten By A Local Dog by Johel(m): 3:49pm On Dec 12, 2021
Haakeem:
I think you should take all the injection,don't joke with your life,though when its your time you shall surely go.

All this dog self,i remebered a day when i was passing by and i saw a dog which needed help urgently because it leg was stucked on something.

When i try removing it leg from the hole...then in a blinkle of an eye, it gave me a terrible bite and also scrached my hand with it's finger,in the same rhyme i gave it a big blow which removed it from the hole that it was stucked on.
I hate nonsence!

Na local dog....mumu dey their DNA grin grin
Re: Help! I Got Bitten By A Local Dog by SURElee(f): 4:01pm On Dec 12, 2021
Walkee:

Ogbeni, /find money by all means and go take the complete shots of tetanus. You can never tell of that dog is infected. The worst thing is how many people vaccinate their local dogs sef?

Next time, stay off dogs you don't know their health records history (dogs that are not your own)

1 Like

Re: Help! I Got Bitten By A Local Dog by LotaTee: 4:17pm On Dec 12, 2021
Walkee:
Take the full shots of the vaccine to be on the safe side but you can observe the dog for 10days, if it doesn't die then it's not rabid.According to the internet, a rabid dog dies in 10days.

1 Like

Re: Help! I Got Bitten By A Local Dog by Nobody: 4:20pm On Dec 12, 2021
Walkee:

When we say go African way, u go say na lie ..
Can u imagine, ordinary local dog get mind to bite u and d dog no run mad immediately?
Now you're spending almost 15k for anti-rabbies....where u won't spend up to 1k to take d African anti- bite..

Anyhow, make sure u complete Ur size
Re: Help! I Got Bitten By A Local Dog by Yankee101: 4:21pm On Dec 12, 2021
Finish your meds oga

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Coronavirus Spreads To Algeria, Brazil, France / 624 New COVID-19 Cases, 561 Discharged And 8 Deaths On July 28 - (4906 Tested) / 4 Health Signs You Must Never Ignore

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 81
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.