Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,719 members, 7,805,960 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 09:12 AM

Virgil Abloh Portrait Sold As NFT For 1 Million Dollars - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Virgil Abloh Portrait Sold As NFT For 1 Million Dollars (402 Views)

DAVIDO Bought Himself A 2023 Maybach S680 Virgil Abloh Worth Costs ₦450 Million / Linda Ikeji Looking Like A Million Dollars To Jayce’s Thanksgiving Service / Davido: "I Need 10 Million Dollars To Sort My Life Out" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Virgil Abloh Portrait Sold As NFT For 1 Million Dollars by hefexzy(f): 9:18am On Dec 12, 2021
Virgil Abloh died of cancer on 29 november 2021 he was a designer for famous designers brand, NFT artist and also the CEO of OFF-WHITE. He was loved by all and an NFT was created to honor him.

Famous Internationally renowned pop artist and painter Rob Prior announced a multi-million dollar art sale at Art Basel Miami, which is the first of it kind in history. This sale include the purchase of a watercolor portrait of renowned fashion designer and music director Virgil Abloh by real estate executive Daniel Pettit for USD 1 million.

Rob had the piece painted live in Miami, and Pettit showed interest to purchase it immediately. The painting comes with a rare 1:1 NFT of the portrait minted by QNFT, a division of BQT Technologies.

Daniel petite said “As an art collector, it’s one thing to make a transactional purchase and own a piece of art,” “But watching Rob paint, and then getting to take that piece home and relive that experience, it takes his art to an entirely different level.”

“Watching Rob paint is like watching a symphony conductor at Carnegie Hall and we are humbled to be part of Rob’s team. We are saving all the ‘back-stage’ content of Rob’s making his masterpieces for the NFT metadata to be recorded in history,” Mandel said.

After the sale, Prior expressed his gratitude to the collectors, stating “I always tell fans ‘I do art.’ But, I have to say, it’s kind of humbling that collectors express the interest and faith in my pieces to place a value like this on them.”

An audience present for the live painting of Virgil Abloh noted, “I watched as onlookers cried, overcome by the power of the live creation of this true art depicating the life of LEGEND Virgil abloh”

For more news and stories like this click here

(1) (Reply)

Kim Kardashian’s Daughter, North West Shows Off Her Designer Purse Collection. / “tonto I Dare You, Pay Ur Debt Tonto And Leave Story” – Bobrisky / BREAKING: Zazuu Crooner, Portable Apologises To Poco Lee, Others [VIDEO]

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.