Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,899 members, 7,802,904 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 02:45 AM

My Pastor Offended Me Today In Church (Experience) - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / My Pastor Offended Me Today In Church (Experience) (33197 Views)

Tinukevibes Slams 'Hausa' Muslims Offended By Her Dance Video In Saudi Arabia / Muslims 'Offended' By Tinukevibes_ Dance In Saudi Arabia (Video) / Timi Dakolo’s Wife Shares Church Experience (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Pastor Offended Me Today In Church (Experience) by TheWolfen(m): 8:18pm On Dec 12, 2021
grin grin grin

Whyzaid:
You should have told him that you are not in the spirit.
Re: My Pastor Offended Me Today In Church (Experience) by Richy4(m): 8:18pm On Dec 12, 2021
damosky12:

You Sabi. Stay growing...
smiley Thanks buddy...

1 Like

Re: My Pastor Offended Me Today In Church (Experience) by Donbayor: 8:19pm On Dec 12, 2021
If toh sey na me' na to off mic on a low dey pray' before you know I don end prayer
Re: My Pastor Offended Me Today In Church (Experience) by Nobody: 8:20pm On Dec 12, 2021
KiNg0G:
I didn't know it was hard to pray, untill I was given microphone today unexpectedly.

I wouldn't say I disgraced myself, but bro you supposed know how that kind thing dey be.

Elders are there, deacons and deaconess are there ever ready to be called at any giving opportunity, na me when sit down my own jejely for congregation dey look time...na pastor see call.

The full church was just observing as the usher was bringing the mic to where I stood.

I fumbled, even my voice for the speaker echo, the way my voice sounded in the speaker, some people Burst laugh.

Where I want start from,

My buddie that came with me to the church.(guy man just smiling sheepishly)

I just had to coordinate myself a little, I kept it short and simple.

Well, na small thing dey disgrace person.

A young man like myself go come dey fool myself say I nor sabi pray.. thank jah for how it played out.
It wasn't really that bad... he's not supposed to Take me unaware.

Because it was just as if the pastor get me for mind before.

Ever since have been attending that church it's elders, deacons, evangelist he normally calls to give closing prayer... and I know he normally informs them down.

As for my pastor am thinking about having a chat with him, I really didn't like it.

He can't just take me unaware like that.
if he wanted me to pray the closing prayer, he should. Have sent the usher with a piece of note to come inform me.
That would have been better, not calling me unexpectedly.
You are to appreciate your Pastor for trying to build you, what you experienced shows you don't pray at all
Re: My Pastor Offended Me Today In Church (Experience) by Ray07(m): 8:20pm On Dec 12, 2021
Funny thread. grin

Back then in high school, I was told I would be taking FCS closing prayer. I run leave school that day for break time. cheesy

Na so them come call closing prayer by James, I dey house the relax.

2 Likes

Re: My Pastor Offended Me Today In Church (Experience) by Akinh: 8:21pm On Dec 12, 2021
KiNg0G:
I didn't know it was hard to pray, untill I was given microphone today unexpectedly.

I wouldn't say I disgraced myself, but bro you supposed know how that kind thing dey be.

Elders are there, deacons and deaconess are there ever ready to be called at any giving opportunity, na me when sit down my own jejely for congregation dey look time...na pastor see call.

The full church was just observing as the usher was bringing the mic to where I stood.

I fumbled, even my voice for the speaker echo, the way my voice sounded in the speaker, some people Burst laugh.

Where I want start from,

A young man like myself go come dey fool myself say I nor sabi pray.. thank jah for how it played out.

Ever since have been attending that church it's elders, deacons, evangelist he normally calls to give closing prayer... and I know he normally informs them down.

As for my pastor am thinking about having a chat with him, I really didn't like it.

if he wanted me to pray the closing prayer, he should. Have sent the usher with a piece of note to come inform me.
if na me..see that service just start o...sebi na closing prayer them want abi...I go give them and later restart the prayer with series of songs and deliverance ..even pastor go come collect his mic Las-las.

1 Like

Re: My Pastor Offended Me Today In Church (Experience) by Adrian98(m): 8:22pm On Dec 12, 2021
Go and fight your pastor then quote something

1 Like

Re: My Pastor Offended Me Today In Church (Experience) by ashawopikin(m): 8:22pm On Dec 12, 2021
Mine was not even in the church, it's was on assembly hall in secondary school years back, principal no see who to call, na me wey dey back back, I just dey squeeze face dey stammer, everyone was laughing, that was the last time I ever attend assembly

1 Like

Re: My Pastor Offended Me Today In Church (Experience) by pek(m): 8:23pm On Dec 12, 2021
You can sue the pastor for asking you to pray.
Re: My Pastor Offended Me Today In Church (Experience) by na2016: 8:26pm On Dec 12, 2021
OP: There is something that the pastor has seen in you. Please don't have a chat with him. Instead, develop yourself, there is something ahead that this needs to teach you. This is how I missed being posted to a very good place during my NYSC because I rejected doing what my platoon leader ask me to do - even though it was a very simple thing
Re: My Pastor Offended Me Today In Church (Experience) by frankson1(m): 8:26pm On Dec 12, 2021
KiNg0G:

no I don't like it.
you can't just take me unaware like that.

if he wanted me to pray the closing prayer, he should have sent the usher with a piece of note to come inform me.

that would have been better.

not calling me unexpectedly.

To inform you undecided so you will have time to go use the restroom and never return grin grin

1 Like

Re: My Pastor Offended Me Today In Church (Experience) by gulfer: 8:27pm On Dec 12, 2021
Righteousness2:
This is why we Preach on the Need to live Prepared and In the Conciousness of our Eternity. Because this is how the Coming of JESUS Christ will be. Unexpectedly and Suddenly.
You never disappoint sha ✌️✌️

1 Like

Re: My Pastor Offended Me Today In Church (Experience) by Olarewaju89: 8:28pm On Dec 12, 2021
KiNg0G:

Where I want start from,

grin grin

Op, you want to kill me with laugh here grin

Pls don't offended with your pastor, he's try to build your spiritual life. Next time he will still call you again to do another thing.

It have happened to me before and that day i told myself that i won't go back to that church again grin but to the glory of God I am the leader of our prayer worrior group.

Op, just chill and don't mind those people that laugh at you because tomorrow, you will pray for them and heal them.

Shalom.

1 Like

Re: My Pastor Offended Me Today In Church (Experience) by TheWolfen(m): 8:28pm On Dec 12, 2021
grin grin grin
MelesZenawi:
Leave the church.
Re: My Pastor Offended Me Today In Church (Experience) by marsup: 8:29pm On Dec 12, 2021
I think, when you say you are going to church, everything else should be left outside. You should serve God with your whole heart in sincerity, anything short of that is not admissible. Your pastor did no wrong.

1 Like

Re: My Pastor Offended Me Today In Church (Experience) by paulos8: 8:30pm On Dec 12, 2021
Yinkakolawole:
It happens to me too, that day i was told to open a bible passage and read during sermon, i was shocked because i didnt expect it. Even my reading that day people could not hear all what i was saying because i was trembling.
Lol you mean you trembled just to read Bible verse out loud. The ground would have probably swallowed you if asked to pray

1 Like

Re: My Pastor Offended Me Today In Church (Experience) by Whyzaid(f): 8:31pm On Dec 12, 2021
KiNg0G:

very good, next time
lol, just kidding oo
Re: My Pastor Offended Me Today In Church (Experience) by Kokoebapluse(m): 8:31pm On Dec 12, 2021
Let me respect myself I don't whant to talk or judge animals kingdom am not a (sheep) am a human being. Sheep should settle their matter.
Re: My Pastor Offended Me Today In Church (Experience) by staga: 8:34pm On Dec 12, 2021
KiNg0G:

Where I want start from,

Prayer is something you should be doing everyday. From your response, it is either you do not pray in your personal life, or you take is as a joke. I even doubt you have even encountered the saving grace of Jesus Christ. You are probably one of those who attend church as a social activity.

PRAYER IS A SERIOUS BUSINESS.

If you have been praying in your closet, you would have no problem taking the entire church before the throne of grace.

Put amala before several people on a table in a wedding abroad. From the way they eat, you will know the Yoruba man among them.

By their fruits, you will know them. If I see an orange tree, I know what it will produce.

If you see an unserious person on the altar of prayer, you will see them vomit their unseriousness in a church or occasion when asked to pray. See the embarassment you faced as an opportunity to wake up in the sphere of prayer!

The days are too evil to be lax in that area.

2 Likes

Re: My Pastor Offended Me Today In Church (Experience) by Olarewaju89: 8:35pm On Dec 12, 2021
ashawopikin:
Mine was not even in the church, it's was on assembly hall in secondary school years back, principal no see who to call, na me wey dey back back, I just dey squeeze face dey stammer, everyone was laughing, that was the last time I ever attend assembly

grin grin

Very funny

1 Like

Re: My Pastor Offended Me Today In Church (Experience) by TOPCRUISE(m): 8:36pm On Dec 12, 2021
KiNg0G:

Where I want start from,

What if he calls you to give special number
Re: My Pastor Offended Me Today In Church (Experience) by WebSurfer(m): 8:37pm On Dec 12, 2021
Righteousness2:
This is why we Preach on the Need to live Prepared and In the Conciousness of our Eternity. Because this is how the Coming of JESUS Christ will be. Unexpectedly and Suddenly.
a mumu man and more
Re: My Pastor Offended Me Today In Church (Experience) by StreetFight: 8:37pm On Dec 12, 2021
Righteousness2:

Try to dey disappoint people at times nah. People dey call you religious idiot and you are proving them right. Even Christ hates idiots.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Pastor Offended Me Today In Church (Experience) by Nobody: 8:38pm On Dec 12, 2021
In an expanded general meeting of industrialists I attended with my CEO, the chairman of the meeting unexpectedly called my boss for closing prayer , my boss just told him that he is not the religious type ,that he should call another person...from hence I learnt to dodge such emergency man of God thing with that my CEO formula of not being religious .
Re: My Pastor Offended Me Today In Church (Experience) by NGArmyTerrorist: 8:39pm On Dec 12, 2021
I thought he commanded Holy Spirit to scan the temple of God (your body) to know if there's dirts there that haven't gone out and you started dancing Michael Jackson not knowing that he did what I was usually afraid to do in church until one day, my Pastor started forcing it on me, I wanted to stop attending church but I gathered morals and start taking it up and my voice actually sounds like that of a lady whenever I am speaking! People were always amazed whenever mic is given to me to speak, In short, they always leave one mic for me in every service section.
Re: My Pastor Offended Me Today In Church (Experience) by Bayaar02(m): 8:43pm On Dec 12, 2021
KiNg0G:

Where I want start from,

So dat u can japa abi?!
U sef, to pray no suppose hard u reach Dat level.
Na bros J sure pass. Dey try talk to am.
Re: My Pastor Offended Me Today In Church (Experience) by seyz91(m): 8:45pm On Dec 12, 2021
cheesy
9182736455O1999:
Iol i've experienced such sha. But mine was to sing praise.

na so all the songs i know fly commot from my head sad . I no know how that moment carry pass sef.
i was just praying in my mind that the ground should open nd swallow me.
Re: My Pastor Offended Me Today In Church (Experience) by Nobody: 8:46pm On Dec 12, 2021
KiNg0G:

Where I want start from,

Lol

You are angry that your pastor called you out randomly to pray? What exactly are you going to church to do then if you can't say a few words in prayer? Stay in your house then now, no one is forcing you to go to church.

It is so obvious you don't even listen to the words been preached in church, you just go there for fun.
Mtchww

1 Like

Re: My Pastor Offended Me Today In Church (Experience) by Mayeldah(m): 8:46pm On Dec 12, 2021
Righteousness2:

Hope you are not the pastor that did this?

Anyway, OP after many years of going to church, common share grace prayer you cannot can?

Angel Michael will look into your matter grin grin grin

2 Likes

Re: My Pastor Offended Me Today In Church (Experience) by bigcee(m): 8:50pm On Dec 12, 2021
KiNg0G:

Where I want start from,

Lwkmd grin grin grin

Re: My Pastor Offended Me Today In Church (Experience) by Iamolukorede(m): 8:51pm On Dec 12, 2021
If I were you I would rather be ashamed that I can't pray for 10mins instead of coming here to say my pastor offended me and yet complain.

I can tell you for free many are looking for such opportunity that you thwarted gladly.

More, the only spirit might prompt the pastor to have call on you and you should be sober and reflect on the scene that played out, what a nice platform to have showcase your prayer wealth. Plis op are you married ?..

KiNg0G:

Where I want start from,

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Faith Oyedepo Celebrates Her 60th Birthday (Photos) / Is 3 O'Clock The Most Effective Hour To Pray?? / The Pastor With The 'Magic' Jacket (Photos, Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 78
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.