Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,036 members, 7,807,109 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 09:40 AM

Why Do Bachelors Avoids Financially Comfortable Spinsters.? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Why Do Bachelors Avoids Financially Comfortable Spinsters.? (12435 Views)

Why Nigerian spinsters should be finacially independent. / The New Way Bachelors Look For Wives In Warri! / Seven Sects Of Spinsters (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Do Bachelors Avoids Financially Comfortable Spinsters.? by solomto(f): 11:19am On Jun 13, 2011
My friend is desperate for marriage and weneva she takes a guy to her apartment,the guy wl forget everytin abt her.
She works in a bank and the men that met her likes whatever the see in her physically,she drives a good car and lives in a well furnished 3 bedroom flat. She works in a City that is predominantly wt traders.she narrated her ordeal to me and she also said that the car she's driving was provided to her by her employers as a prize gift.
Nw she was asking me wat to do to attract suitors since they were avoiding her.
Re: Why Do Bachelors Avoids Financially Comfortable Spinsters.? by Dyt(f): 11:25am On Jun 13, 2011
V seen lotta movies both on Africa Magic n NL
bt wat i cld say s she shld b prayerful
lucky er she didnt fall in d hands of diamonddigger
Re: Why Do Bachelors Avoids Financially Comfortable Spinsters.? by Digriz(m): 11:30am On Jun 13, 2011
Those men are suffering frm inferiority complex and traders are the main class of men that does dat. She might be a gud lady and submissive too.
Let her relax and wait for d right man.
Re: Why Do Bachelors Avoids Financially Comfortable Spinsters.? by upendo98(f): 11:32am On Jun 13, 2011
There's something missing in this story.  A jig saw puzzle. Let me try.

I don't believe any reasonable /real man in this modern world would want to turn down a financially stable spinster that is good in character.
Its bad enough for her to be [b]desperate.[/b]How old is she anyway.Which guy wants a desperate woman however succesfull?
Could it be the reason she's bringing them into her apartment? Men can tell at times a desperate woman and they hate to be 'trapped'
Now now now.That car. I was waiting to hear she bought it. She needs to clear the air on that coz whether she likes it or not,if shes telling every guy she meets that it was a gift from her employer?esp.male?? well thy will judge her wrongly.
Tell her never to tell a guy it was a gift from her employer especially if it was a male.
Oh and finally.If say she's discloses hw much she earns and then she takes the guys to her house, a typical person me included will try to reconcile what I see with what she earns.You can't live like a King yet you earn peanuts you know.( btw,even in banks there are diffrent departmnts from managerial to cashiers).
I have a feeling that the guys are either intimidated or they are finding it hard to reconcile what they see with her position/salary in the bank.
Could she be living a lifestyle not worth her income??
Then tell her to stop bringing them into the house.Meet in some cafe.

Cheers and goodluck to her. smiley smiley smiley
Re: Why Do Bachelors Avoids Financially Comfortable Spinsters.? by delicious1(m): 11:41am On Jun 13, 2011
Never underestimate the 'ego' of men.

1 Like

Re: Why Do Bachelors Avoids Financially Comfortable Spinsters.? by MMM2(m): 11:47am On Jun 13, 2011
op
tell her 2 buy husband in d market,
i mean all dis men dat re jobless or even a sugar boy.
Re: Why Do Bachelors Avoids Financially Comfortable Spinsters.? by MMM2(m): 11:49am On Jun 13, 2011
op

is she stingy with her Womanliness. angry
Re: Why Do Bachelors Avoids Financially Comfortable Spinsters.? by upendo98(f): 11:53am On Jun 13, 2011
@MMM

4give me 4 asking but what d your initials stand for?

[b]M[/b]an [b]M[/b]ade [b]M[/b]ad grin grin
Re: Why Do Bachelors Avoids Financially Comfortable Spinsters.? by solomto(f): 11:54am On Jun 13, 2011
upendo 98:

There's something missing in this story.  A jig saw puzzle.Some parts are missing.

I don't believe any reasonable man in this modern world would want to turn down a financially stable spinster that is good in character.
Its bad enough for her to be [b]desperate.[/b]How old is she anyway.Which guy wants a desperate woman however succesfull?
Could it be the reason she's bringing them into her apartment? Men can tell at times a desperate woman and they hate to be 'trapped'
Now now now.That car. I was waiting to hear she bought it. She needs to clear the air on that coz whether she likes it or not,if shes telling every guy she meets that it was a gift from her employer? ha;they will smell a rat.It could be true her story bt a man may doubt.
Tell her never to tell a guy it was a gift from her employer especially if it was a male.
Oh and finally.If say she's dsclosed hw much she earns and then she takes the guys to her house, a typical person me included will try to reconcile what I see with what she earns.You can't live like a King yet you earn peanuts you know.Maybe what they see in her apartment leaves so many questions in their minds.
Tell her to check out on those.
Cheers and goodluck to her. smiley smiley smiley
she's 28 and earns 120,000 p/m and her family are comfortable too. The only advice i gave her was to drop the car since its too flashy and may b get a smaller one.
Concerning d men, i was thinking that those men are nt educated and thus d ego in them coz i discused it wt my guy and he said that traders doesn't like their wife to earn more than them to avoid the disrespect.
Re: Why Do Bachelors Avoids Financially Comfortable Spinsters.? by solomto(f): 12:03pm On Jun 13, 2011
M M M:

op
tell her 2 buy husband in d market,
i mean all dis men dat re jobless or even a sugar boy.
She's nt suppose to ask a man for a date coz thats nt in our culture bt being desperate doesn't mean she wnts to settle down wt any man. The issue is that the ones that became closer later lost interest.
Re: Why Do Bachelors Avoids Financially Comfortable Spinsters.? by Digriz(m): 12:08pm On Jun 13, 2011
May be she's bn smart wt them,who knws a gold digger.
Re: Why Do Bachelors Avoids Financially Comfortable Spinsters.? by upendo98(f): 12:09pm On Jun 13, 2011
Oooooh.Okay thank you for that dear

Shes kind of past the 'age'but come on,28 is still young as there's women at 35 still searching. Am 81 and searching anyway.
Well if shes comfortable then she should live her life.
[b]PLEASE DO NOT ADVISE HER TO SELL HER CAR IN ORDER TO GET A MAN!! [/b]jeeeez! thats soo remote and cruel.Wrong foundation to a happy future.
What has a car got to do with marriage anyway unless you want to worship it more than your spouse.A man worth her standard will come along one day and will embrace her together with all she got.
Hes only coming to add value to her life not take it away and viceversa!!
Now are u telling me that its only market traders that live where she is the bank?? I mean tell her to get out there.
Ask her to place herself in strategic places and she will get her kind.
She spends all her hours in the market, then she will get market people cz they are the only ones noticing her.Dont blame them.
Do you have great hang out places there? I blve yes.Go with her every weeknd
Re: Why Do Bachelors Avoids Financially Comfortable Spinsters.? by DakANGEL(f): 12:17pm On Jun 13, 2011
upendo 98:

Oooooh.Okay thank you for that dear

Shes kind of past the 'age'but come on,28 is still young as there's women at 35 still searching. Am 81 and searching anyway.
Well if shes comfortable then she should live her life.
[b]PLEASE DO NOT ADVISE HER TO SELL HER CAR IN ORDER TO GET A MAN!! [/b]jeeeez! thats soo remote and cruel.Wrong foundation to a happy future.
What has a car got to do with marriage anyway unless you want to worship it more than your spouse.A man worth her standard will come along one day and will embrace her together with all she got.
Hes only coming to add value to her life not take it away and viceversa!!
Now are u telling me that its only market traders that live where she is the bank?? I mean tell her to get out there.
Ask her to place herself in strategic places and she will get her kind.
She spends all her hours in the market, then she will get market people cz they are the only ones noticing her.Dont blame them.
Do you have great hang out places there? I blve yes.Go with her every weeknd

i was in such a similar situation b4 and thinks d best advice is ths poster.
Re: Why Do Bachelors Avoids Financially Comfortable Spinsters.? by MMM2(m): 1:30pm On Jun 13, 2011
upendo 98
re just coming,

M M M means
MONEY MENT MACHINE
or
MONEY MAKING MACHINE smiley
Re: Why Do Bachelors Avoids Financially Comfortable Spinsters.? by MMM2(m): 1:36pm On Jun 13, 2011
solomto:

She's nt suppose to ask a man for a date coz thats nt in our culture bt being desperate doesn't mean she wnts to settle down wt any man. The issue is that the ones that became closer later lost interest.

dont u know dat (GOOD) husband are rare and scarace dis dayz and dey re not even in d market again.

Ok do u want me 2 marry her,

or
u re ur friend? angry
Re: Why Do Bachelors Avoids Financially Comfortable Spinsters.? by Seun(m): 4:08pm On Jun 13, 2011
Send me her number. ;-)
Re: Why Do Bachelors Avoids Financially Comfortable Spinsters.? by solomto(f): 4:43pm On Jun 13, 2011
Seun:

Send me her number. ;-)
ok,i wl do it for u bt wait a minute,i thot u are married?
Re: Why Do Bachelors Avoids Financially Comfortable Spinsters.? by Nobody: 4:48pm On Jun 13, 2011
@poster
thats what happen when women play hard to get.
i would say that these men only approach her to fukc her and, when she makes no intention to give away the toto, they bounce out as there is no other reason to stay with her.

my question are:
- is she beautiful?
- do you mean to say that she is comfortable, and yet, not even POOR/GOLDDIGGING men want to be with her?
- how long do these guys stay along before bouncing?
- how "desperate" is she? some are scary out there and that may be her problem aka talk marriage after a few dates!
Re: Why Do Bachelors Avoids Financially Comfortable Spinsters.? by Mynd44: 5:18pm On Jun 13, 2011
She should go take a BATH in the salty waters of BAR BEACH
Re: Why Do Bachelors Avoids Financially Comfortable Spinsters.? by forkadict(m): 5:27pm On Jun 13, 2011
upendo 98:

@MMM

4give me 4 asking but what d your initials stand for?

[b]M[/b]an [b]M[/b]ade [b]M[/b]ad grin grin

I think you are right
Re: Why Do Bachelors Avoids Financially Comfortable Spinsters.? by jmaine: 5:31pm On Jun 13, 2011
It should be the other way round   . .Bois are seriously hustling for made spinsters for financial insurance, pocket stability and growth  . . Meanwhile OP, Is the lady still available . .abeg nack me her number sharply . . .Am the confirmed suitor she has been asking you for  . . Please no delay cos time is money  cheesy cheesy
Re: Why Do Bachelors Avoids Financially Comfortable Spinsters.? by neonet(m): 5:37pm On Jun 13, 2011
send her number to neonet4neonet@gmail.com i am a serious chap.
Re: Why Do Bachelors Avoids Financially Comfortable Spinsters.? by eghost247(m): 5:38pm On Jun 13, 2011
Funny Thread
Re: Why Do Bachelors Avoids Financially Comfortable Spinsters.? by neonet(m): 5:42pm On Jun 13, 2011
@poster, send her number to me.i am very serious.very very serious.send her number to neonet4neonet@gmail.com
Re: Why Do Bachelors Avoids Financially Comfortable Spinsters.? by okooyinbo(m): 5:44pm On Jun 13, 2011
MRbrownJAY:

@poster
thats what happen when women play hard to get.
i would say that these men only approach her to fukc her and, when she makes no intention to give away the toto, they bounce out as there is no other reason to stay with her.

my question are:
- is she beautiful?
- do you mean to say that she is comfortable, and yet, not even POOR/GOLDDIGGING men want to be with her?
- how long do these guys stay along before bouncing?
- how "desperate" is she? some are scary out there and that may be her problem aka talk marriage after a few dates!

T_his person might be right with his assumptions,

upendo 98 (f)

Re: Why Do Bachelors Avoids Financially Comfortable Spinsters.?
« #3 on: Today at 12:32:37 »
There's something missing in this story.  A jig saw puzzle. Let me try.

I don't believe any reasonable /real man in this modern world would want to turn down a financially stable spinster that is good in character.
Its bad enough for her to be desperate.How old is she anyway.Which guy wants a desperate woman however succesfull?
Now now now.That car. I was waiting to hear she bought it. She needs to clear the air on that coz whether she likes it or not,if shes telling every guy she meets that it was a gift from her employer?esp.male?? well thy will judge her wrongly.
Oh and finally.If say she's discloses hw much she earns and then she takes the guys to her house, a typical person me included will try to reconcile what I see with what she earns.You can't live like a King yet you earn peanuts you know.( btw,even in banks there are diffrent departmnts from managerial to cashiers).
I have a feeling that the guys are either intimidated or they are finding it hard to reconcile what they see with her position/salary in the bank.
Then tell her to stop bringing them into the house.Meet in some cafe.

Cheers and goodluck to her.  

I think your friend should talk to the person quoted above. She seems to understand how the game is played.

BTW Solomto, does your friend speaks Yoruba. Just curious and maybe, Anyway, 28 is far tooooooooooooooooo young for me, else I would have thrown my hat into the ring as well.

Summary of what others have said, that I feel she should do:

- Stop appearing desperate (Dont talk of marriage so early)
- Break loose from the traders ring and widen her horizon ( Fun places, discos, library, beaches)
- stop playing "holy mary"

Goodluck on her search sha.
Re: Why Do Bachelors Avoids Financially Comfortable Spinsters.? by adconline(m): 5:44pm On Jun 13, 2011
she's 28 and earns 120,000 p/m and her family are comfortable t

120,000 Naira p/m would not scare  the hell out of many guys, unless she's been talking to pure water and CD/DVD hawkers. If she makes 120,000 pounds  p/m, then that's a biggie; and  would most likely intimidate most guys.

I think there is a mismatch between what she earns and the image she projects or the lifestyle she has.
Re: Why Do Bachelors Avoids Financially Comfortable Spinsters.? by upendo98(f): 5:47pm On Jun 13, 2011
@okoyiinbo,
If you knew my kind you would be shocked. I am simply open in dealing with issues cz people just make life miserable 4 themselves and others.
We fail at times cz;
1. We are vain. we dont even know what we want.
2. We hate to hear and be told the truth.ouch it really hurts
3. We want to be what we are not and can never be
4. We feel inferior or superior than everybody else
5. We just dont know the place of God in all this life.

Just keep it real and simple.dont complicate life cz its complex as it is.

Now all you men wanting that lady will cause another thread to open.
I fear it may read 'Help!! All NL men want my hand in marriage! I need advise'!!
Poster tell the men to send you their resumes/cvs.
Re: Why Do Bachelors Avoids Financially Comfortable Spinsters.? by deols(f): 5:47pm On Jun 13, 2011
She doesnt need to change whom she is to suit any one
Re: Why Do Bachelors Avoids Financially Comfortable Spinsters.? by blacksta(m): 5:48pm On Jun 13, 2011
tell her to sell all she has and give it to the poor and within two days marriage will come grin
Re: Why Do Bachelors Avoids Financially Comfortable Spinsters.? by okooyinbo(m): 5:49pm On Jun 13, 2011
Ikale, elee o. Ko ti gha? Wo ji 120000 Naira si biggie? Elu one yi mi gba oju ogho bare ni Naijiria? Elu ghan?
Re: Why Do Bachelors Avoids Financially Comfortable Spinsters.? by kobikwelu(m): 5:57pm On Jun 13, 2011
1st  and  foremost!!! NEVER SELL YOUR CAR FOR A MAN,
for the  right man would come,
though
you will be suprised, most men are closet die-hard chauvunists,
(every man wants to be viewed as the knight-in -shinny armour by his wife)

the key is DO NOT FLAUNT OUR RICHES IN A MAN'S FACE, it emasculates him (especially if he is still starting life).

as for your car, do not use it for initial dates, try a CAB

be a bit reluctant when a man wants to see your home early on, instead,  focus the spot light on him,
concentrate on going to his apartment, ask him for a lift (or he should be picking you up most times as this builds his confidence and shows you are willing to come down to his level)
if he asks about the car, tell him that your dad bought it for you and the house was paid by your parents)
try and make it seem as if all you achieved is cos of your parents, this helps him,

if u tell him, all these are yours, he may oubt you and feel you are doin some extra-work,

with time(and with the perfect grooming)  he falls in love with you
Re: Why Do Bachelors Avoids Financially Comfortable Spinsters.? by ikoha: 6:00pm On Jun 13, 2011
i dont think her status warrants her to be treated like that, well, am 34, i work with a renowned satellite tv company in lagos, if she is good-looking, speaks igbo, not too fat and a wife material then send her number to papifrankee@yahoo.com. i am seriously looking for a wife.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Little Girl Used In Popular Internet Meme Is Now Grown Up(pic) / Do You Switch Off The Light When Having Sex With Your Partner ?? / When A Guy Doesn't Call

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.