Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,286 members, 7,807,971 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 12:35 AM

Why Do Bachelors Avoids Financially Comfortable Spinsters.? - Romance (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Why Do Bachelors Avoids Financially Comfortable Spinsters.? (12436 Views)

Why Nigerian spinsters should be finacially independent. / The New Way Bachelors Look For Wives In Warri! / Seven Sects Of Spinsters (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Do Bachelors Avoids Financially Comfortable Spinsters.? by ronkebp(f): 6:02pm On Jun 13, 2011
EGO, nothing else.
Re: Why Do Bachelors Avoids Financially Comfortable Spinsters.? by texazzpete(m): 6:07pm On Jun 13, 2011
solomto:

she's 28 and earns 120,000 p/m and her family are comfortable too. The only advice i gave her was to drop the car since its too flashy and may b get a smaller one.
Concerning d men, i was thinking that those men are nt educated and thus d ego in them coz i discused it wt my guy and he said that traders doesn't like their wife to earn more than them to avoid the disrespect.

May God deliver this lady from bad friends like you. Sell her car to get a man? Are you insane?

Abeg 120k per month is chicken feed. What kind of men is she meeting to be intimidated by such a meager sum?
Re: Why Do Bachelors Avoids Financially Comfortable Spinsters.? by arixreal: 6:09pm On Jun 13, 2011
let her contact me. am the rigth man that God send to her . she can get me on fidaus777@yahoo.com
Re: Why Do Bachelors Avoids Financially Comfortable Spinsters.? by ronkebp(f): 6:09pm On Jun 13, 2011
I wonder oooooo, undecided
Re: Why Do Bachelors Avoids Financially Comfortable Spinsters.? by vickbrand: 6:24pm On Jun 13, 2011
this whole thing reminds me of someone i know, who used to wear a wedding ring in her university days just to scare men away. She actually succeeded in scaring some and turning down the rest. Now she is nearing 35 (yeah you read right) and she is desperately desperate in a desperate manner that she lets the men come to her house and even have sex with her in her own house (this lady didn't tell us whether she does that too) and what they do after that is runaway. Funny enough, like this other lady, she is well to do only that she doesn't drive a car ( for the same reason). The reason i am saying this is that it is a typical africa thing that about 60-80% of african men will prefer to marry a lady that they can give a present to and feel like they actually gave her something she appreciates. Not one they feel already has things better than the one they just gave her. they also believe that she will be difficult to contrally if not totally independent.
I don't think she needs to loose any of her valuables (though it might be neccesary) to get any of these men. She should just look for men in her class and lose the desperado in her. Like someone said earlier, no man will want a desperate woman no matter how confortable she is.
She just needs to take things a little more easy otherwise she is going to be nothing but ready red meat for a whole lot of bad guys out there. (just writing out my mind - take no offences anyone)
Re: Why Do Bachelors Avoids Financially Comfortable Spinsters.? by MBG4Real(m): 6:30pm On Jun 13, 2011
upendo 98:

Oooooh.Okay thank you for that dear

Shes kind of past the 'age'but come on,28 is still young as there's women at 35 still searching. Am 81 and searching anyway.
Well if shes comfortable then she should live her life.
[b]PLEASE DO NOT ADVISE HER TO SELL HER CAR IN ORDER TO GET A MAN!! [/b]jeeeez! thats soo remote and cruel.Wrong foundation to a happy future.
What has a car got to do with marriage anyway unless you want to worship it more than your spouse.A man worth her standard will come along one day and will embrace her together with all she got.
Hes only coming to add value to her life not take it away and viceversa!!
Now are u telling me that its only market traders that live where she is the bank?? I mean tell her to get out there.
Ask her to place herself in strategic places and she will get her kind.
She spends all her hours in the market, then she will get market people cz they are the only ones noticing her.Dont blame them.
Do you have great hang out places there? I blve yes.Go with her every weeknd

You talk like a child you are. At 18 what are you searching for self.  The poster has giving her friend the best advice.  You don't seem to see any connection between the car and marriage because you are looking with a baby eye. You are also a girl and you cannot tell what goes on the mind or real men.

I will advice you to face your studies and stop wasting your time in this section of Niraland, it is not for small children like you.
Re: Why Do Bachelors Avoids Financially Comfortable Spinsters.? by Liger: 6:32pm On Jun 13, 2011
@Poster, first of all I think it has to do with the city she resides. From your post, I'm almost sure it is somewhere in the south East, most likely Aba or Onitsha; I'm dead sure about this one. Many unenlightened (those money miss road traders) Igbo men would prefer a woman that will be entirely dependent on them, worship them and do whatever they say, you get my flow. That's why they withdraw when they see a woman that can hold her own. 120k may not be a lot but add that to her presumably comfortable family background then she may be living like she earns 500k.

Another thing may be her age. Those traders prefer to marry at 35 and to a girl who is not above 22.

Thirdly, it may be that they feel they (suitors) won't have the financial muscle to take care of her, that what they can offer her won't really impress her and that may mean they not being in total control of her life.

Tell your friend to look in the professional circle, outside her city, let the ever present match making family members know of her desperation, and I think she will be fine.

By the way, how does one quote on this forum?
Re: Why Do Bachelors Avoids Financially Comfortable Spinsters.? by tboy1(m): 6:35pm On Jun 13, 2011
ikoha:

i dont think her status warrants her to be treated like that, well, am 34, i work with a renowned satellite tv company in lagos, if she is good-looking, speaks igbo, not too fat and a wife material then send her number to papifrankee@yahoo.com. i am seriously looking for a wife.

grin cheesy grin
Re: Why Do Bachelors Avoids Financially Comfortable Spinsters.? by ikoha: 6:37pm On Jun 13, 2011
i smell something fishy here, how come the bank gave her a car and she is just earning a miserable 120K, leaves in a 3-bedroom apartment. maybe she didnt tell you her actual monthly earning. becoz for the bank to have given her a car, that means she is a high flyer in her department, therefore, the car should also come with promotion which translates to a fatter income. 120K is below the start-up salary of a banker in today's banks unless the bank in question is a micro-finance bank bcoz i have a frend that just landed a job in a new gen' bank, her salary as a beginner is 180K gross. and as per the apartment, somebody earning 120K cannot inhabit a 3-bedroom flat in a decent part of the city(lagos), where i stay. maybe the lady stays in a place like Aba, Onitsha or Enugu. meanwhile am still open to hearing this lady's side of the story. plz tell us the truth.
Re: Why Do Bachelors Avoids Financially Comfortable Spinsters.? by Nobody: 6:43pm On Jun 13, 2011
@Poster,

I think behind 90% of every successful lady of that status is one powerful married CEO/MD man or married Abuja-Pot-Belly Senator man or Oil Tycoon dude somewhere who put her in that position or status. If a guy marries her today, he will end up being a figure head in d family cos the lady will most likely always fall or submit to the main man behind the scene of her success for some bleeping and other goodies. I have seen that happen everyday. That is just one main reason a sensible guy will always run away from such ladies or better still eat her money and drive her cars to scrap before he finally dump her.
Re: Why Do Bachelors Avoids Financially Comfortable Spinsters.? by upendo98(f): 6:47pm On Jun 13, 2011
@ikoha

u echoed my concern.I just dont know if 120k in lagos is comfortable or not cz am nt 9ija .Now you just clarified for me.
Re: Why Do Bachelors Avoids Financially Comfortable Spinsters.? by mamagee3(f): 6:51pm On Jun 13, 2011
Cause they make them look like gold-diggers in front of their friends and colleagues.
Re: Why Do Bachelors Avoids Financially Comfortable Spinsters.? by calyx: 6:58pm On Jun 13, 2011
My kindda girl. . .and am comfortable too if you must know
Re: Why Do Bachelors Avoids Financially Comfortable Spinsters.? by Hoteph(m): 7:00pm On Jun 13, 2011
Well let her be herself someday come what may she will find her man
It all boils down to being  patient and level headed,
Am pretty sure there loads of decent and purposeful guys out there.

Good luck
Re: Why Do Bachelors Avoids Financially Comfortable Spinsters.? by upendo98(f): 7:07pm On Jun 13, 2011
@MBG4Real

Are you for real?? First did you say am 18 and a baby?? oh pliz ok I wont comment on that.Always read btw the LINES before u pass judgement
By me saying am 81 let alone 18 as u hurriedly claimed.,Am trying to make her see that 28 is not very old since some women older are still on the field
Now you dont even know my age at all. sorry.
Another thing, are you saying the best advise is for her to SELL HER CAR so that she can get a man ?? Get real.
Cant you even see what some REAL men are talking about here?
Seriously evrybody here makes sense except .
Finally oops soryy I dont stoop low to the point of insult.I am way too mature for that.
Just asking are you like the NL chief whip or something?? I dnt know for real. clarify.I would appreciate.
I read the moderators names up there daily.
Re: Why Do Bachelors Avoids Financially Comfortable Spinsters.? by kobikwelu(m): 7:12pm On Jun 13, 2011
@MBG4Real

Are you for real?? First did you say am 18 and a baby?? oh pliz ok I wont comment on that.Always read btw the LINES before u pass judgement
By me saying am 81 not even as u claim,18,Am trying to make her see that 28 is not very old since some women older are still on the field
Now you dont even know my status at all. sorry.
Another thing, are you saying the best advise is for her to SELL HER CAR?? Get real.
Cant you even see what some REAL men here are talking about here
Seriously evrybody here makes sense except that one bit.
Finally oops soryy I dont stoop low to the point of insult.I am way too mature for that.
Just asking are you like the NL chief whip or something?? I dnt knwo for real. clarify.I would appreci

ouchhhh!!!!

****grabbing popcorn an zobo****

and waiting for part 2, when he wee revenge grin grin grin grin
Re: Why Do Bachelors Avoids Financially Comfortable Spinsters.? by Nobody: 7:13pm On Jun 13, 2011
Before I. Used to say I won't marry sum1 richer thn me
But now that the recession, has caused wahala, no money ehnnn,
Omo I go marry. Obasanjo pikin this time around, or even BuhAri self?
undecided undecided undecided kiss
Hey girls, dnt call me a gold digger grin
Re: Why Do Bachelors Avoids Financially Comfortable Spinsters.? by Nobody: 7:19pm On Jun 13, 2011
ikoha:

i smell something fishy here, how come the bank gave her a car and she is just earning a miserable 120K, leaves in a 3-bedroom apartment. maybe she didnt tell you her actual monthly earning. becoz for the bank to have given her a car, that means she is a high flyer in her department, therefore, the car should also come with promotion which translates to a fatter income. 120K is below the start-up salary of a banker in today's banks unless the bank in question is a micro-finance bank bcoz i have a frend that just landed a job in a new gen' bank, her salary as a beginner is 180K gross. and as per the apartment, somebody earning 120K cannot inhabit a 3-bedroom flat in a decent part of the city(lagos), where i stay. maybe the lady stays in a place like Aba, Onitsha or Enugu. meanwhile am still open to hearing this lady's side of the story. plz tell us the truth.

I love your analytically mind here. For sure this bank lady must be living in either Aba or Onitcha but mostly likely Onitcha. I doubt if she is actually earning peanut like 120k. I guess she earn up to 300k plus her parents money otherwise, like I said before there is a Sugar Daddy somewhere and these guys running away might have found out.
Re: Why Do Bachelors Avoids Financially Comfortable Spinsters.? by chijike(m): 7:20pm On Jun 13, 2011
she should go to God in prayer immediately. Remind her 2 testify on NL as soon as she gets positive results
Re: Why Do Bachelors Avoids Financially Comfortable Spinsters.? by 9jarocks(m): 7:22pm On Jun 13, 2011
How did she get a 3 bedroom apartment earning 120k/month  

i need her magical powers
Re: Why Do Bachelors Avoids Financially Comfortable Spinsters.? by ronkebp(f): 7:23pm On Jun 13, 2011
Donlittle:

Before I. Used to say I won't marry sum1 richer thn me
But now that the recession, has caused wahala, no money ehnnn,
Omo I go marry. Obasanjo pikin this time around, or even BuhAri self?
undecided undecided undecided kiss
Hey girls, dnt call me a gold digger grin

You no get problem, 'hand supposed wash hand, ' then it will be cleaner,
Re: Why Do Bachelors Avoids Financially Comfortable Spinsters.? by upendo98(f): 7:26pm On Jun 13, 2011
@ kobikwelu.

Stop being funny now.
I am outtta of here b4 I get clobbered.
In case nobody sees me again,you all know the culprit.
Gone to intercede.
Re: Why Do Bachelors Avoids Financially Comfortable Spinsters.? by busygirl(f): 7:30pm On Jun 13, 2011
my mum actually believes a spinster shouldn't drive so as not to scare guys. But, to me I don't believe that. I'm even getting a car soon. A good man will love you for who you are, irrespective.
Re: Why Do Bachelors Avoids Financially Comfortable Spinsters.? by jonced(m): 7:30pm On Jun 13, 2011
@OP

The story does not add up. If she actually earns 120k, she cant maintain the lifestyle potrayed. Either she earns a lot more than that or she has a financier hidden somewhere.

I guess the other men think so too and r bailing out. She needs to convince the guys she meets that there is nothing odd about her lifestyle.

Goodluck
Re: Why Do Bachelors Avoids Financially Comfortable Spinsters.? by Nobody: 7:34pm On Jun 13, 2011
ronkebp:

You no get problem, 'hand supposed wash hand, ' then it will be cleaner,
mwahhh I lluh you baby kiss kiss kiss undecided
Re: Why Do Bachelors Avoids Financially Comfortable Spinsters.? by kobikwelu(m): 7:34pm On Jun 13, 2011
my mum actually believes a spinster shouldn't drive so as not to scare guys. But, to me I don't believe that. I'm even getting a car soon. A good man will love you for who you are, irrespective.
^^^^

^^^^^
easier said than done

@ kobikwelu.

Stop being funny now.
I am outtta of here b4 I get clobbered.
In case nobody sees me again,you all know the culprit.
Gone to intercede

ahn ahnn, wot did i do??  ***innocent face***
i am just trying to watch part 2 of the feem, (its my constitutional right as a registered member of nairaland)
Re: Why Do Bachelors Avoids Financially Comfortable Spinsters.? by laidback(m): 7:35pm On Jun 13, 2011
This is quite the expected trend really, and its one of the many reasons why ladies try to marry early. The primary issues usually are:-
She's giving of some 'desperate' vibes - this turns off the confident and great guys
She's seems well to do - this would 'turn off' the insecure ones.

Don't rule out the fact that some are just interested in @&^%ing, as guys will always be guys except when bornagain or impotent which ever comes last.

Now, I'm a little older than her (you mentioned she's 28) and single, and usually I only find myself attracted to the above 27 yrs old and somewhat comfortable (sometimes with pay cheques as high as (and even higher than) 5M p.a. So I guess its different strokes/different folks. I'm somewhat comfortable myself, though I cant really say how I would feel around a financially comfortable lady if i wasn't so myself. There's just something about a sophisticated yet simple lady that i find very attractive, and most comfortable ladies seem to possess that attribute.

So what is my point? Let her keep searching and remain prayerful (incase spiritual dey the matter). And she should also sincerely check her attitude and expectations. No self deceit here.
Re: Why Do Bachelors Avoids Financially Comfortable Spinsters.? by jmaine: 7:36pm On Jun 13, 2011
9jarocks:

How did she get a 3 bedroom apartment earning 120k/month  

i need her magical powers

Obviously not in Lagos or other buzzy cities . . If yes, let's assume  she was catered for in her office . . Wonder where she is working  undecided undecided
Re: Why Do Bachelors Avoids Financially Comfortable Spinsters.? by violent(m): 7:37pm On Jun 13, 2011
Maybe it's not her financial status, maybe it's her face they avoid!
Re: Why Do Bachelors Avoids Financially Comfortable Spinsters.? by swiftycool(m): 7:44pm On Jun 13, 2011
when a respectable lady banker reduces to the level of chasing low level OMATTA guys yet still gets played & dumped? I guess its cos she doesnt kno her worth. I believe any lady should attract a like class and level in a mate except if she has a complex that makes her less attractive to her kind. From experience, to most classy guys, a lady who has been labelled the toast of illiterate traders is already devalued and would b less attractive to d guys of her own class or higher status, Especially in Naija
Re: Why Do Bachelors Avoids Financially Comfortable Spinsters.? by Decryptor(m): 7:45pm On Jun 13, 2011
solomto:
My friend is desperate for marriage and weneva she takes a guy to her apartment,the guy wl forget everytin abt her.
She works in a bank and the men that met her likes whatever the see in her physically,she drives a good car and lives in a well furnished 3 bedroom flat. She works in a City that is predominantly wt traders.she narrated her ordeal to me and she also said that the car she's driving was provided to her by her employers as a prize gift.
Nw she was asking me wat to do to attract suitors since they were avoiding her.

@OP, your friend should  open up to you and tell you the truth. maybe she has a bad character as most ladies of substance in this present day do.
Re: Why Do Bachelors Avoids Financially Comfortable Spinsters.? by Genius100: 7:49pm On Jun 13, 2011
Her inability to get a man has absolutely nothing to do with her being financially comfortable. My guess is that it is due to some kind of character flaw or lack of good looks,

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Little Girl Used In Popular Internet Meme Is Now Grown Up(pic) / What Is Your Favorite Bible Verse? / My Girlfriend Likes Sex Too Much...good Or Bad?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.