Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,058 members, 7,807,180 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 10:45 AM

Can One Succeed In Life Without Friends And Relatives? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Can One Succeed In Life Without Friends And Relatives? (762 Views)

Anambra Widow Sleeps Outside After She Was Thrown Out Of Her Home By Relatives / How Do I Stop My Relatives From Disturbing Me? / Why Your Diasporan Friends And Family Do Not Send You Money When You Ask. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Can One Succeed In Life Without Friends And Relatives? by kellyjc(m): 7:48pm On Dec 12, 2021
As an introvert to an extent in my mid-20s,I have noticed that once in a while I do get chocked up in terms of finance . Although I usually find a way out somehow,it is a different story with my younger brother .He has so many friends and also few that usually come to his aid and he also reciprocate.
NB. I am a friendly person but the introvert part of me doesn't allow me to keep up with people who I think do not have a direct impact on my life.
I have also made bold steps towards financial independence in the nearest future.
My question now is,can one actually make it without friends?
Re: Can One Succeed In Life Without Friends And Relatives? by SUPERPACK: 8:18pm On Dec 12, 2021
Sure you can. Its better to have no friends than have friends that are wolves in sheep clothing.

1 Like

Re: Can One Succeed In Life Without Friends And Relatives? by kellyjc(m): 8:24pm On Dec 12, 2021
SUPERPACK:
Sure you can. Its better to have no friends than have friends that are wolves in sheep clothing.
But doesn't it make life peaceful but more difficult?
Re: Can One Succeed In Life Without Friends And Relatives? by MufasaLion: 8:34pm On Dec 12, 2021
I'm like you also. I just like being on my own evn though I got friends but I just don't like stressing anybidy for anything. It's a good thing.

I can go months without contacting anybody. I'm just living like a ghost. grin

2 Likes

Re: Can One Succeed In Life Without Friends And Relatives? by StreetFight: 8:44pm On Dec 12, 2021
Who were Abraham's friends?

Who were Solomon's friends?

2 Likes

Re: Can One Succeed In Life Without Friends And Relatives? by kellyjc(m): 9:40pm On Dec 12, 2021
MufasaLion:
I'm like you also. I just like being on my own evn though I got friends but I just don't like stressing anybidy for anything. It's a good thing.

I can go months without contacting anybody. I'm just living like a ghost. grin
But for people who have not achieved financial freedom,you know it's hard.
Re: Can One Succeed In Life Without Friends And Relatives? by anthonyuncle(m): 10:13pm On Dec 12, 2021
yes.

someone might need to help you to rise and be successful, but that person must not be a friend/relative before it happens.

the person can become one later

1 Like

Re: Can One Succeed In Life Without Friends And Relatives? by MufasaLion: 10:21pm On Dec 12, 2021
kellyjc:
But for people who have not achieved financial freedom,you know it's hard.

You're right.
Re: Can One Succeed In Life Without Friends And Relatives? by zarathustra(m): 11:31pm On Dec 12, 2021
kellyjc:
As an introvert to an extent in my mid-20s,I have noticed that once in a while I do get chocked up in terms of finance . Although I usually find a way out somehow,it is a different story with my younger brother .He has so many friends and also few that usually come to his aid and he also reciprocate.
NB. I am a friendly person but the introvert part of me doesn't allow me to keep up with people who I think do not have a direct impact on my life.
I have also made bold steps towards financial independence in the nearest future.
NO
Re: Can One Succeed In Life Without Friends And Relatives? by socialmediaman: 12:19am On Dec 13, 2021
kellyjc:

You can make it without friends and family but it’s like building a spacecraft all by yourself, no help from other engineers, scientists, physicists and everyone else involved in the various stages and pieces of making the journey successful. You could succeed but you may have so many hurdles to cross that could’ve been made easier if you leverage on the relationships you build with other people. They say nobody is an island.

For example, who will write that letter of recommendation for you for that important job or position you need? You’re in your 30s, 40s and 50s yet you’re asking a friend you just met to write a letter of recommendation for you. You don’t know any single person that can speak about your character on the long term. Who will be there for you when you’re going through tough times, and possibly lend a helping hand? Who will be your child’s godfather, mentor or inspiration? You visit nobody and nobody visits you, nobody even calls to check on you all year round.

Social skills is like leadership. It comes natural and easy for some people while it comes with learning and practice for many other people. What you should do is work on your social skills. Look for resources online, there are even videos on YouTube that will teach you how to build social skills, like this simple one, if you want to start from somewhere:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xsCxltuzmDI
Re: Can One Succeed In Life Without Friends And Relatives? by kellyjc(m): 6:34am On Dec 13, 2021
But I am friendly with my family and colleagues but I don't find it easy to relate deeply with them.

(1) (Reply)

Laundry Beads Available / Moment Osinachi Nwachukwu's Body Arrived Her Hometown For Burial / Without Giving Money, What's The Best Way To Help Someone In Nigeria?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.