Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,633 members, 7,801,824 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 12:43 AM

Bidi Akande: Obasanjo, Northern Elites Rejected Buhari’s 2015 Presidential Bid - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Bidi Akande: Obasanjo, Northern Elites Rejected Buhari’s 2015 Presidential Bid (9305 Views)

Bode George: Mu’azu Fled Nigeria Day Before 2015 Presidential Poll / The 2015 Presidential Election Result Breakdown By States: Another Look / Looking At Sokoto, Jigawa, Zamfara And Kano 2015 Presidential Results (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Bidi Akande: Obasanjo, Northern Elites Rejected Buhari’s 2015 Presidential Bid by brandmix: 7:04am On Dec 13, 2021
Lol,

We are just a nation oblivious of our history.

Like I said millions of times at my place of work in 2015 (to the point only 3 us were left and seen as insane), Buhari has always been an administrative failure.

Tinubu didn’t force anyone, we were just to short sighted, gullible, and lazy to go back to the books to see how naturally incompetent buhari has always been.

And the sad truth is….. we will never learn. At least the people that matter when voting starts .

2 Likes

Re: Bidi Akande: Obasanjo, Northern Elites Rejected Buhari’s 2015 Presidential Bid by Curious345: 7:05am On Dec 13, 2021
Nusa aka de, the jihadist Mr aregbesola, tinubu should all be jailed for the carnage they brought upon this nation
Re: Bidi Akande: Obasanjo, Northern Elites Rejected Buhari’s 2015 Presidential Bid by ShenTeh(m): 7:08am On Dec 13, 2021
HugeDan:
Because Baba OBJ saw the future.

Always does, Baba always does.
Re: Bidi Akande: Obasanjo, Northern Elites Rejected Buhari’s 2015 Presidential Bid by Pappyjay23: 7:13am On Dec 13, 2021
grin
backbencher:
I'm not surprised

Bubu has never been the flavour of the month among Northern elites really.

They tolerate him because he has the common Northerner in his pocket. So they have no choice.

Still does not make Bubu a great leader though. Just the latest in a line of loaf dividers not bread bakers

1 Like

Re: Bidi Akande: Obasanjo, Northern Elites Rejected Buhari’s 2015 Presidential Bid by Nobody: 7:17am On Dec 13, 2021
Ganzoh:
This man is something else you are from osun where you governed and you are launching book in lagos are you saying your state is not developed enough for you to launch your book?....kettle calling pot black

Lagos is the capital of Osun state grin

1 Like

Re: Bidi Akande: Obasanjo, Northern Elites Rejected Buhari’s 2015 Presidential Bid by emmanuelbrown26: 7:17am On Dec 13, 2021
clarocuzioo:
Buhari has always been a disaster known to all, the more reason Igbos NEVER voted for the dullard.

It was funny how the "SUFFERISTICATED" urchins were trying to demonise the Igbos for not voting the disaster of a president.

Tinubu online urchins were doing everything to make it look as if Buhari is the best thing after sliced bread.

Even some northern elites knew from day one that Buhari will fail and they never wanted him to ascend the throne because he is a disaster.

Ndi sophisticated and ndi one Nigeria are very dumb, forget about having doctors and professors. See an average igbo man is after making environment condusive to do business, but they called them names, look at the situation now. Personally, I'm after an enabling environment to do business, to travel without being afraid of getting kidnapped
Re: Bidi Akande: Obasanjo, Northern Elites Rejected Buhari’s 2015 Presidential Bid by ShenTeh(m): 7:21am On Dec 13, 2021
sagitariusbaby:
Obasanjo and the Northern elites who worked so hard to stop him behind the closed doors have now been justified in the open. I mean, look at the failure the Yorubas imposed on Nigerians for selfish interests? May the blood of the innocent meaninglessly killed rise against all those that imposed this man on Nigeria.

Come off it. You guys should stop this blame game already! Who imposed who on who? It is a democracy. Stop claiming the victim. The big question is: There were over a dozen candidates in the last election, why did Buhari win again? Did you vote?

It's a game of numbers, everybody has a say but the majority carries the vote. Now, as long as we have the illiterates and the non-thinking in the majority, you know where the task lies.

Let's unite and multiply our kind by sharing knowledge with love. If we go on with the blame game, the weak will continue to win in who becomes our leader.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Bidi Akande: Obasanjo, Northern Elites Rejected Buhari’s 2015 Presidential Bid by Nobody: 7:21am On Dec 13, 2021
Obj, the northern Elite including the writer and his friends knew that being a ‘good man’ does not equal being a good administrator but the selfishness of the writer and his friends made them support Baba all the same. History will judge everyone

1 Like

Re: Bidi Akande: Obasanjo, Northern Elites Rejected Buhari’s 2015 Presidential Bid by redcliff: 7:39am On Dec 13, 2021
brandmix:
Lol,

Like I said millions of times at my place of work in 2015 (to the point only 3 us were left and seen as insane), Buhari has always been an administrative failure.

Tinubu didn’t force anyone, we were just to short sighted, gullible, and lazy to go back to the books to see how naturally incompetent buhari has always been.

And the sad truth is….. we will never learn. At least the people that matter when voting starts .

shebi na them dey still wan field Tinubu after Buhari. what kind of 16years of suffering is this?

1 Like

Re: Bidi Akande: Obasanjo, Northern Elites Rejected Buhari’s 2015 Presidential Bid by Ahmeduana(m): 7:45am On Dec 13, 2021
This old man thinks we are simpleton, he has forgotten so soon how they do AṢỌ-ẸBÍ and jam-packed thereselves in one single coaster bus to ota farm seeking the guardianship and the road pointing of Obasanjo?
Re: Bidi Akande: Obasanjo, Northern Elites Rejected Buhari’s 2015 Presidential Bid by Coolgent(m): 7:47am On Dec 13, 2021
"there were pressures from the elites, especially from the North, including royal fathers, piling pressure on us not to allow Buhari be our presidential candidate.

“A prominent aristocratic leader from the North stayed several nights in Osogbo,persuading Governor Aregbesola to prevail on us not to field Buhari. He threatened that if we did, there would be trouble in the North.”
Bisi Akande

Oga Bisi now you have seen why Northern leaders were against Buhari's presidential bid in 2015.
May Tinubu and your like never rule 9ja

1 Like

Re: Bidi Akande: Obasanjo, Northern Elites Rejected Buhari’s 2015 Presidential Bid by sanpipita(m): 7:49am On Dec 13, 2021
They all knew buhari was bad market but foisted him in Nigerians, by 2023 more stories will come out

1 Like

Re: Bidi Akande: Obasanjo, Northern Elites Rejected Buhari’s 2015 Presidential Bid by Brushstrokes20: 7:52am On Dec 13, 2021
Because they saw the future!
They knew the lifeless vegetable is is all shades disasters undecided
Ogun kill any brainless zombie that quotes me to spit trash!... Pathetic bunch of miserable miscreants undecided
Re: Bidi Akande: Obasanjo, Northern Elites Rejected Buhari’s 2015 Presidential Bid by Orch1981: 7:55am On Dec 13, 2021
Ganzoh:
This man is something else you are from osun where you governed and you are launching book in lagos are you saying your state is not developed enough for you to launch your book?....kettle calling pot black
Don't mind them every Yoruba man is from Lagos State that is why apart from Lagos all order Yoruba States is a glorified village

1 Like

Re: Bidi Akande: Obasanjo, Northern Elites Rejected Buhari’s 2015 Presidential Bid by jaxxy(m): 7:57am On Dec 13, 2021
Obasanjo worked against it initially bt supported at the end cos of national interests, tinubu supported it for selfish interests only cos he thought he would be made Vp.

Both obasanjo andTinubu never wanted Buhari initially. grin
Re: Bidi Akande: Obasanjo, Northern Elites Rejected Buhari’s 2015 Presidential Bid by Orch1981: 7:58am On Dec 13, 2021
brandmix:
Lol,

That makes a Yoruba man we igbos don't reason like you people.
Just say yorubas will make the same mistake don't say we say yorubas

Re: Bidi Akande: Obasanjo, Northern Elites Rejected Buhari’s 2015 Presidential Bid by Safyqueen: 8:00am On Dec 13, 2021
backbencher:
I'm not surprised

Bubu has never been the flavour of the month among Northern elites really.

They tolerate him because he has the common Northerner in his pocket. So they have no choice.

Still does not make Bubu a great leader though. Just the latest in a line of loaf dividers not bread bakers

Majority of northern elites are thieves and Buhari called them so, that's why they don't participate in this government hence this security and economic sabotage we are seeing today.
Re: Bidi Akande: Obasanjo, Northern Elites Rejected Buhari’s 2015 Presidential Bid by Orch1981: 8:00am On Dec 13, 2021
brandmix:
Lol,

We igbos don't
Reason like you people.
Re: Bidi Akande: Obasanjo, Northern Elites Rejected Buhari’s 2015 Presidential Bid by Orch1981: 8:03am On Dec 13, 2021
ShenTeh:

Come off it. You guys should stop this blame game already! Who imposed who on who? It is a democracy. Stop claiming the victim. The big question is: There were over a dozen candidates in the last election, why did Buhari win again? Did you vote?

It's a game of numbers, everybody has a say but the majority carries the vote. Now, as long as we have the illiterates and the non-thinking in the majority, you know where the task lies.

Let's unite and multiply our kind by sharing knowledge with love. If we go on with the blame game, the weak will continue to win in who becomes our leader.
I think you make sence

1 Like

Re: Bidi Akande: Obasanjo, Northern Elites Rejected Buhari’s 2015 Presidential Bid by tamdun: 8:07am On Dec 13, 2021
Orch1981:

We igbos don't
Reason like you people.
Stop this yeye blame game, yoruba is just a region out of the six regions, are u telling me that just one region vote won Buhari the election? How many of ur people came out to vote for their candidate? Even atiku, u preferred candidate got more votes in South west than South East, why not blame yourselves for not coming out in millions to vote, if u want to blame yoruba people for voting Buhari, we can also blame igbo for not coming out to vote and allowing buhari to win.
Don't just blame the people that voted, also blame the people that refused to
Re: Bidi Akande: Obasanjo, Northern Elites Rejected Buhari’s 2015 Presidential Bid by Kingmena: 8:08am On Dec 13, 2021
You people are confusing us, so which people now supported him?
Do you do business, I have a material that will help you restructure your business to function effectively without your supervision and maximize profit when you contact me for just a token
Re: Bidi Akande: Obasanjo, Northern Elites Rejected Buhari’s 2015 Presidential Bid by Nobody: 8:22am On Dec 13, 2021
Osyxcel:
I wonder why contents of the article are repeated.

Anyway, Obasanjo has always been against Buhari becoming the president of this country. That's why it was surprising when he tactically supported APC in the build up to the 2015 elections by publicly tearing his PDP membership card.

Well, it's obvious now that Buhari has been a failure in the past and is still a failure till today.

Obasanjo was in the military as was Buhari. He knew first hand how incompetent and clueless Buhari was/is.
Re: Bidi Akande: Obasanjo, Northern Elites Rejected Buhari’s 2015 Presidential Bid by Nobody: 8:24am On Dec 13, 2021
Safyqueen:

Majority of northern elites are thieves and Buhari called them so, that's why they don't participate in this government hence this security and economic sabotage we are seeing today.

In my opinion, most of the economic issues and youth problems we experience in this country are largely due to being an economy of 'selling raw materials and sharing the money'

Nigeria has always been said to be 'blessed with raw materials' ...but what we do is sell them, and share the money. This is then used to import and import...which has a nice way of stifling industrial growth...and leading to lack of job creation

Also, we use the same revenue from importing to pay for everything, including subsides on petrol and power...meaning that everyone thinks of the economy as a national cake to be shared, not as a national cake to be baked...so fueling corruption and bitterness from those 'left out'

My problem with Buhari, and with all of his predecessors...regardless of tribe or religion...is that they have done nothing much to change that paradigm.

We can no longer rely on selling raw materials to make a living. The revenue is not enough to sustain all of us because we don't sell enough of the raw materials to fund ourselves, and it is never at a price that can sustain us.

It is because the revenue isn't enough that we have 'crisis'. That's why we must stop relying on selling raw materials and stop sharing the money economics, and become an industrial, productive, and job producing nation.

1 Like

Re: Bidi Akande: Obasanjo, Northern Elites Rejected Buhari’s 2015 Presidential Bid by sterlingD(m): 8:29am On Dec 13, 2021
Our ears are full abeg.We have a serious calamity on our hands all this talk will not proffer solutions on the way forward
Re: Bidi Akande: Obasanjo, Northern Elites Rejected Buhari’s 2015 Presidential Bid by Safyqueen: 9:10am On Dec 13, 2021
backbencher:

In my opinion, most of the economic issues and youth problems we experience in this country are largely due to being an economy of 'selling raw materials and sharing the money'

Nigeria has always been said to be 'blessed with raw materials' ...but what we do is sell them, and share the money. This is then used to import and import...which has a nice way of stifling industrial growth...and leading to lack of job creation

Also, we use the same revenue from importing to pay for everything, including subsides on petrol and power...meaning that everyone thinks of the economy as a national cake to be shared, not as a national cake to be baked...so fueling corruption and bitterness from those 'left out'

My problem with Buhari, and with all of his predecessors...regardless of tribe or religion...is that they have done nothing much to change that paradigm.

We can no longer rely on selling raw materials to make a living. The revenue is not enough to sustain all of us because we don't sell enough of the raw materials to fund ourselves, and it is never at a price that can sustain us.

It is because the revenue isn't enough that we have 'crisis'. That's why we must stop relying on selling raw materials and stop sharing the money economics, and become an industrial, productive, and job producing nation.

You are correct. How on Earth can a country that has Ajaokuta steel mill abandoned then go for loan from China to inturn import same iron and steel for railway lines construction.
The country that flare gas instead of cleaning it then sell at cheap price to her citizens and as pialative to industries for their energy needs which is the greatest hindrance to production that ultimately results to inflation of price of good and services.

Tribalism, greediness and religious correctness vis-a-vis phenomenal egocentricities in all ramifications is the original virus killing Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: Bidi Akande: Obasanjo, Northern Elites Rejected Buhari’s 2015 Presidential Bid by Birdsaiview73: 11:03am On Dec 13, 2021
Kingspin:

https://thenationonlineng.net/how-obasanjo-northern-aristocrats-rejected-buharis-2015-presidential-bid-by-akande/
why? Just because of greed, to hold power, they imposed this man on Nigeria, a country of more than 200 million humans... I still don't get it. Anyways, thank God i never voted for him.
Re: Bidi Akande: Obasanjo, Northern Elites Rejected Buhari’s 2015 Presidential Bid by Akanbiedu(m): 11:07am On Dec 13, 2021
backbencher:

You are right except at the bolded. Buhari has made so much concerted effort to diversify the economy.
Re: Bidi Akande: Obasanjo, Northern Elites Rejected Buhari’s 2015 Presidential Bid by Nobody: 12:35pm On Dec 13, 2021
Medecine after death lol
Re: Bidi Akande: Obasanjo, Northern Elites Rejected Buhari’s 2015 Presidential Bid by Yarimoooh: 1:32pm On Dec 13, 2021
The Yorubas are and will always be the problem of this nation. Their level of greed and betrayal knows no bound
Re: Bidi Akande: Obasanjo, Northern Elites Rejected Buhari’s 2015 Presidential Bid by Nobody: 1:41pm On Dec 13, 2021
Akanbiedu:

You are right except at the bolded. Buhari has made so much concerted effort to diversify the economy.

No, he has done what other past leaders have done ,with all due respect

Found more raw materials to sell to raise more money. Which at the end of the day just amounts to kicking the can down the road ..again.

First thing he should have done when he took over in 2015 would have been to remove subsides on power and petroleum. Whch would have led to more domestic and foreign investment in both sectors which would have led to more jobs and eventually to manufacturing becoming more viable in this country and eventually us exporting manufactured stuff

Instead we paid for goodies via oil money to try to keep everyone happy. Doesn't work when the oil money isn't enough due to prices never being where we want them.
Re: Bidi Akande: Obasanjo, Northern Elites Rejected Buhari’s 2015 Presidential Bid by brandmix: 3:15pm On Dec 30, 2021
Orch1981:

We igbos don't
Reason like you people.

Just see how your small sense is working In reverse.

What makes you think I am not Igbo.

SMH

(1) (2) (Reply)

Five Southwest States Owe Pensioners N330b, Says Union / Egbeda Community Leader Who Turned Down Accord PartY Says He Supports APC / Lagos Megacity Project-send Your Proposals To Gov. Fashola

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.