Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,465 members, 7,808,655 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 02:58 PM

What Skill Can One Learn In This Our Nigeria Of Today? - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / What Skill Can One Learn In This Our Nigeria Of Today? (907 Views)

How To Liberate Yourself From Sapa Syndrome In Nigeria Of Today. / What Skill Can I Learn In A Short Time To Start Making Money ? / 5 Handworks You Can Learn In 2019 That Pays Better Than Bank Jobs (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Skill Can One Learn In This Our Nigeria Of Today? by Kennyprince: 10:48pm On Dec 12, 2021
Yeah friends,

I read philosophy. Trust me iam a brilliant guy and just started a young family.

I have had my mind on couple of things....but basically my target is a good business that can last.

Before now, I have had some job experience in marketing, farm management, teaching, courier services customer care and all. But I have not really had that satisfaction. Perhaps, iam not very proud of my account balance right now.

Lately, since the good jobs ain't forthcoming any longer, I have been thinking of what skill to go into that ll guarantee a good job or maybe one I could do as a side business.

Don't forget iam a family man.

What can u suggest guys.

Chat me if it's necessary.

1 Like

Re: What Skill Can One Learn In This Our Nigeria Of Today? by Maj196(m): 11:03pm On Dec 12, 2021
Tech bro.
Re: What Skill Can One Learn In This Our Nigeria Of Today? by Kennyprince: 11:17pm On Dec 12, 2021
Maj196:
Tech bro.

Can u elaborate on this bro.

Thanks
Re: What Skill Can One Learn In This Our Nigeria Of Today? by N2B2: 11:19pm On Dec 12, 2021
Kennyprince:
Yeah friends,

Before now, I have had some job experience in marketing, farm management, teaching, courier services customer care and all. But I have not really had that satisfaction. Perhaps, iam not very proud of my account balance right now.

What satisfaction are you looking for exactly? Money-making skills require lengthy learning periods, tons of practice, and an acceptable portfolio. If you're not willing to hunker down in one place (instead of moving from job to job), you'll end up disappointed.

That said, there's web & software development, content marketing or copywriting (since you've dabbled in marketing), teaching (yes, you can make good money teaching), dropshipping, etc.

Personal advice: stay away from shoddy investment schemes and quack crypto investors. Their get-rich-quick promises are sure to rob you of the remaining money in your account.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Skill Can One Learn In This Our Nigeria Of Today? by Kennyprince: 1:11am On Dec 13, 2021
N2B2:

What satisfaction are you looking for exactly? Money-making skills require lengthy learning periods, tons of practice, and an acceptable portfolio. If you're not willing to hunker down in one place (instead of moving from job to job), you'll end up disappointed.

That said, there's web & software development, content marketing or copywriting (since you've dabbled in marketing), teaching (yes, you can make good money teaching), dropshipping, etc.

Personal advice: stay away from shoddy investment schemes and quack crypto investors. Their get-rich-quick promises are sure to rob you of the remaining money in your account.

Thanks for good advice.

I have actually contacted someone for a new laptop I hope to engage in some affiliate marketing and other stuff.

If anyone has any assistance on something better, I will appreciate. That's why we are here
Re: What Skill Can One Learn In This Our Nigeria Of Today? by Kennyprince: 1:14am On Dec 13, 2021
N2B2:

Good one bro thanks for a candid advice.
Re: What Skill Can One Learn In This Our Nigeria Of Today? by Maj196(m): 7:26am On Dec 13, 2021
Kennyprince:

Can u elaborate on this bro.

Thanks
Go online bro. There are lots of tech skills to learn. Trust me you won't regret it

1 Like

Re: What Skill Can One Learn In This Our Nigeria Of Today? by FahBuLous: 8:20am On Dec 13, 2021
If you are privileged to learn a skill...

Learn Ditigal marketing, you won't regret it...
Re: What Skill Can One Learn In This Our Nigeria Of Today? by vinceyinnovation: 10:45am On Dec 13, 2021
Kidnapping skills...

Heard government doesn't delay to pay ransom...

Let Sheikh Gumi teach you work

Also heard that some people in the north now collect suya and soft drinks as ransom too grin
Re: What Skill Can One Learn In This Our Nigeria Of Today? by Stone03: 11:52am On Dec 13, 2021
N2B2:

I think this advise doesn't have counteractions at all. You nailed it, brother.

Since he has business idea on courier service, if he can expand on it, win people's confidence, that's a generational gold mine. Courier business can graduate him into transportation

1 Like

Re: What Skill Can One Learn In This Our Nigeria Of Today? by Rickmann: 4:57pm On Dec 13, 2021
N2B2:

Hello bro, pls would really want to know more about copywriting.
Re: What Skill Can One Learn In This Our Nigeria Of Today? by efficiencie(m): 5:27pm On Dec 13, 2021
Kennyprince:
Yeah friends,

I read philosophy. Trust me iam a brilliant guy and just started a young family.

I have had my mind on couple of things....but basically my target is a good business that can last.

Lately, since the good jobs ain't forthcoming any longer, I have been thinking of what skill to go into that ll guarantee a good job or maybe one I could do as a side business.

Don't forget iam a family man.

What can u suggest guys.

Chat me if it's necessary.

Learn Stata, R, xlsform standard (ODK, SurveyCTO, etc), Python (pandas, matplotlib, OOP, etc), Java, JavaScript, HTML, CSS, Data science, Maching learning, Data Engineering, AI, Randomized Evaluations, Quasi Randomized Evaluations (Difference-in-difference, Regression discontinuity...), Monitoring and Evaluation (at United States Institute of Peace), SQL and relational database design and development.

You cannot learn 80% of these and be poor. To learn am you go endure a lot ohh but the good news is that resources to learn these things are available for free on the internet.
Re: What Skill Can One Learn In This Our Nigeria Of Today? by Kennyprince: 7:17am On Dec 15, 2021
efficiencie:

Learn Stata, R, xlsform standard (ODK, SurveyCTO, etc), Python (pandas, matplotlib, OOP, etc), Java, JavaScript, HTML, CSS, Data science, Maching learning, Data Engineering, AI, Randomized Evaluations, Quasi Randomized Evaluations (Difference-in-difference, Regression discontinuity...), Monitoring and Evaluation (at United States Institute of Peace), SQL and relational database design and development.

You cannot learn 80% of these and be poor. To learn am you go endure a lot ohh but the good news is that resources to learn these things are available for free on the internet.

OK another huge contribution here

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Please Help Me � I Need A Housekeeper Job With Accommodation In Lekki/v.i / What Npower News Today Saturday 16th July 2022 Says / For Immediate Employment. Europe Based Cargo Company With A Branch In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.