Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,552 members, 7,809,023 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 09:10 PM

The Many Extortions Of Nigerian Citizens In Diaspora By Nigerian Embassy In Rome - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / The Many Extortions Of Nigerian Citizens In Diaspora By Nigerian Embassy In Rome (8883 Views)

Reign Of Terror: Lagos Blackspots Where Hoodlums Rob, Assault Citizens In Broad / Hushpuppi Was Behing MMM Scam, See Proves From Nigerian Citizens / Police Arrest Notorious Cult Members Who Shot Innocent Citizens In Enugu (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Many Extortions Of Nigerian Citizens In Diaspora By Nigerian Embassy In Rome by daewoorazer(m): 8:04am On Dec 13, 2021
A furious Twitter user couldn’t hide his hate for the extortion going on in the Roman Nigerian Embassy. He took his time to call them out on Twitter and the excerpts can be seen below:

NIGERIA EMBASSY ROME

The embassy of Nigeria in Rome is a big shame to Nigerians. Everyone need to know what these stupid people do. After writing this they may never renew my Nigeria passport anymore. I don’t even care if they do, but they need to stop extorting Nigerians.

My wife needed to renew her Nigerian passport, I paid for 64 pages booklet. I did this because most times if you pay for 32 pages booklet, they will come up with stories like booklet is not available. And use it to delay your passport. The 64 pages cost more than 32 pages.

Then I went to the embassy website to book the appointment date. There was no appointment. In fact take a look at the screen recorded video. You will notice that there is no appointment now till January 2024. I decided to stop there. There is no appointment even till 2080.

The wonderful thing is that the embassy keeps issuing passports without appointments. The reason will shock you.

To be able to renew your passport you will have to pay an unofficial amount of money. The amount varies from the person helping you to do it.

In my wife case we paid €200 more to someone there to help us renew the passport. This is just to bribe them to do the passport. Even after paying them $137 they were not satisfied. They still wanted me to bribe them to release the passport.

Upon entering the embassy, her cellphone was collected from her. She was obligated to submit her cellphone before entering the embassy.

What could they be scared of?

Someone might video their corrupt activities and leak it?

She gave them her cellphone and entered inside.

One oyinbo came inside the embassy and they didn’t seize her cellphone. My wife saw her flaunting her cellphone inside the embassy. Now why didn’t they do the same to her? Maybe they are scared she might report them to the Italian police.

And if the Italian police get involved, their intelligence might leak everything. It might complicate the Chancery. Even the way they talk and embarrass citizens is very bad. My wife told me about someone who had difficulty speaking English. Instead of them to help, he was mocked

Let’s do simple Maths and figure check the business they’re doing at the embassy.

Assuming they issue 100 passports a day for €200, that’s €20,000 a day and €600,000 a month for 30 days. This in a year is €7.2 million. In just one year.

Na suit dem dey wear �‍♂️

That’s a lot of money. This is the business going on at the Nigerian embassy at Rome. Now you know why there is no appointment till 2080. For you to get scanned you have to pay that unofficial amount. And this is nothing but extortion.

If you’re a Nigerian and you believe it is wrong for the Nigerian Embassy to extort your fellow brothers then retweet this as a support to end this extortion. Nigerians deserve better.

Passports should be issued without bribe or extra fee.

Many Nigerians have no jobs and may not be able to afford it. We can’t allow this nonsense. If you don’t pay them you won’t get scanned and won’t get your passport.

Please, include these tags to every tweet in regards.

#NigeriaEmbassyRome
#EndCorruption
#EndBribery

@NigeriaMFA You will remember this email. Instead of you to assist in securing an appointment and talking to the embassy, your office decided to be mute.

Are you by any means supporting the extortion of Nigerians by the Nigerian Embassy Rome?

We demand answers.

Just because of their dubious activities I have refused to request the issue of Nigeria passport for my kids. I can’t pay €600 for my two kids and myself. Then pay the official amount of $411. Transport to Rome from where I live for three of us is like €150.

That’s approximately €1000 just to get 3 international passports. I need to spend over 500k Naira to get three passports because of the embassy extorting us and @NigeriaMFA is quiet. Shame on you for allowing this

https://twitter.com/nosafk/status/1469723454530371591?s=21

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The Many Extortions Of Nigerian Citizens In Diaspora By Nigerian Embassy In Rome by daewoorazer(m): 8:05am On Dec 13, 2021
� IMPORTANT UPDATE �

The embassy contacted me. I requested to speak with the ambassador directly to ask him questions regarding the corrupt practices in the embassy.

He agreed to speak with me, and he sent me his phone number.

Firstly I will like to thank His Excellency @GeoffreyOnyeama for swift action in resolving the issue. The appointment booking is now open for citizens. Now they can book and get their passports without bribing anyone. This is what we wanted.

During my discussion with the ambassador, I asked him various questions regarding the corrupt practices around the embassy.

He assured me that he was not aware of such, and as a matter of fact he will definitely look into it and fix the situation immediately.

He also assured me that anytime I need to do my international passport that the embassy will be there to get it done without extra charges.

He explained how hard he is working to offer better services to Nigerians in Italy.

He also assured me that these things will change now that it has come to his notice. The Nigerian Ambassador to Italy, Ambassador Mfawa Abam and the Head of Chancery gave me their private numbers to resolve the issue and render better services to Nigerians living in Italy.

In conclusion, I want to thank everyone who helped in retweeting this sincerely. I dedicate this victory to you all. We must always speak up against illegality and corruption in our environment. Thank you so much to you all.

Again, thank you, His Excellency @GeoffreyOnyeama, for the swift intervention. Also, thanks to the Ambassador and Head of Chancery for their collaboration to offer better services to Nigerians living in Italy.

God bless Nigeria ��

13 Likes

Re: The Many Extortions Of Nigerian Citizens In Diaspora By Nigerian Embassy In Rome by Timekeeper: 8:34am On Dec 13, 2021
angry angry
Re: The Many Extortions Of Nigerian Citizens In Diaspora By Nigerian Embassy In Rome by Sojebrand(m): 8:34am On Dec 13, 2021
What we face as Nigeria, people making money from the next person

16 Likes

Re: The Many Extortions Of Nigerian Citizens In Diaspora By Nigerian Embassy In Rome by xynerise: 8:34am On Dec 13, 2021
Nigerians are just naturally greedy, corrupt and wicked. Tueh!

Nigeria embassy making traveling difficult for her citizens

56 Likes 4 Shares

Re: The Many Extortions Of Nigerian Citizens In Diaspora By Nigerian Embassy In Rome by verybadmouth(m): 8:34am On Dec 13, 2021
Re: The Many Extortions Of Nigerian Citizens In Diaspora By Nigerian Embassy In Rome by Jidemoo: 8:35am On Dec 13, 2021
Sometimes It seems as if being a Nigerian is a capital offense

34 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Many Extortions Of Nigerian Citizens In Diaspora By Nigerian Embassy In Rome by dettolgel: 8:35am On Dec 13, 2021
I pity those who think that Nigeria will ever get better.

It takes about 20 years to train a generation that leads a nation.

In past 60 years Nigeria has been training nothing but crooks.

There was a time they trained a generation of coup plotters.

Then followed the generation of anini

Then came the generation of ritualist

After then they trained the generation of yahoo boys

Presently they are training a generation of yahoo plus and ponze schemes

What is similar across those periods was that those that couldn't get "educated" were busy learning and perfecting the act of bribe taking and corruption.

51 Likes 5 Shares

Re: The Many Extortions Of Nigerian Citizens In Diaspora By Nigerian Embassy In Rome by ajumma(m): 8:38am On Dec 13, 2021
wetin concern BIAFRA & IPOB
with Nigerian passport matter?
@
FamTomx2
thatsleepboy1
Imustnottalk:
Janicex:
od501
YourFavorite21
gazza07
ello29
googlepikins
kalemy
AfonjaConehead
Tomek09
InoGetJoy
EmekaA125
NGArmyTerrorist
Tranquillity360
BeardedMeat
HIYN:
bencr7
EmekaBlue
chichar1
kettykin
okoroemeka
sharpsecret
DOTian:
WhatCanIsay
sekundosekundo
federal9
after4
jmoore

1 Like

Re: The Many Extortions Of Nigerian Citizens In Diaspora By Nigerian Embassy In Rome by Nobody: 8:38am On Dec 13, 2021
Ok thank God say, na NIGERIAN EMBASSY dey extort una. The biggest problem in Nigeria is not the politicians it is the Citizens Nigerian citizens are some of the worse citizens you can ever come across they are the types of citizens that destroy their country. The good citizens in Nigeria that can make changes are not even up to 10%.

29 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Many Extortions Of Nigerian Citizens In Diaspora By Nigerian Embassy In Rome by Baawaa(m): 8:39am On Dec 13, 2021
R
Re: The Many Extortions Of Nigerian Citizens In Diaspora By Nigerian Embassy In Rome by cadomin: 8:40am On Dec 13, 2021
Nigeria is a failed country

1 Like

Re: The Many Extortions Of Nigerian Citizens In Diaspora By Nigerian Embassy In Rome by money121(m): 8:41am On Dec 13, 2021
Ok
Re: The Many Extortions Of Nigerian Citizens In Diaspora By Nigerian Embassy In Rome by Pierocash(m): 8:41am On Dec 13, 2021
If I tell people that Nigerians are the ones making the country hell for the citizens ,and not the politicians as always claimed they attack me.

Nigerians are naturally wicked people

26 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The Many Extortions Of Nigerian Citizens In Diaspora By Nigerian Embassy In Rome by GodHatesBigots(m): 8:41am On Dec 13, 2021
"Woe to the sinful nation, a people whose guilt is great, a brood of evildoers, children given to corruption! They have forsaken the LORD; they have spurned the Holy One of Israel and turned their backs on him" - Isaiah 1:4

"...Their hands are dirty with evil schemes, and they constantly take bribes" - Psalm 26:10

2 Likes

Re: The Many Extortions Of Nigerian Citizens In Diaspora By Nigerian Embassy In Rome by dettolgel: 8:42am On Dec 13, 2021
Pierocash:
If I tell people that Nigerians are the ones making the country hell for the citizens ,and not the politicians as always claimed they attack me.

Genius are the politicians not Nigerians? grin

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Many Extortions Of Nigerian Citizens In Diaspora By Nigerian Embassy In Rome by CrownOfClay724: 8:42am On Dec 13, 2021
ajumma:
wetin concern BIAFRA & IPOB
with Nigerian passport matter?
@
FamTomx2
thatsleepboy1
Imustnottalk:
Janicex:
od501
YourFavorite21
gazza07
ello29
googlepikins
kalemy
AfonjaConehead
Tomek09
InoGetJoy
EmekaA125
NGArmyTerrorist
Tranquillity360
BeardedMeat
HIYN:
bencr7
EmekaBlue
chichar1
kettykin
okoroemeka
sharpsecret
DOTian:
WhatCanIsay
sekundosekundo
federal9
after4
jmoore

This foool .

Smh .

2 Likes

Re: The Many Extortions Of Nigerian Citizens In Diaspora By Nigerian Embassy In Rome by Nonexisting: 8:44am On Dec 13, 2021
Jidemoo:
Sometimes It seems as if being a Nigerian is a capital offense
It's a punishment that's why I don't go church anymore. It's obvious there is no God in this dark country. One can't be suffering and be going to church to dance and pretend that all is well. I will rather use the time for church to get some rest for the next day's hustle.

8 Likes

Re: The Many Extortions Of Nigerian Citizens In Diaspora By Nigerian Embassy In Rome by house10s: 8:44am On Dec 13, 2021
xynerise:
Nigerians are just naturally greedy, corrupt and wicked. Tueh!

Nigeria embassy making traveling difficult for her citizens

and now them go run go church n mosque pass

1 Like

Re: The Many Extortions Of Nigerian Citizens In Diaspora By Nigerian Embassy In Rome by GodHatesBigots(m): 8:45am On Dec 13, 2021
Pierocash:

The people are the politicians - the politicians are the people. Both groups are unrepentantly greedy, corrupty, evil and shameless. God's judgement has only just started. Wait and see.

Tens of thousands of churches and and mosques with some of the most evil people on this planet .

5 Likes

Re: The Many Extortions Of Nigerian Citizens In Diaspora By Nigerian Embassy In Rome by mightyokwy(m): 8:46am On Dec 13, 2021
It's not just about Rome, it is a general sickness. Our embassy in Berlin issue passport through third party. Before you can get an appointment for passport you must pass through an agent who is a staff at the embassy. The last time I renewed my passport I had to travel to Vienna, Austria. After making online payment through the immigration payment portal, they still took 150€ from me without receipt. Nigeria system is designed to frustrate us.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Many Extortions Of Nigerian Citizens In Diaspora By Nigerian Embassy In Rome by GodHatesBigots(m): 8:46am On Dec 13, 2021
Nonexisting:
It's a punishment that's why I don't go church anymore. It's obvious there is no God in this dark country. One can't be suffering and be going to church to dance and pretend that all is well. I will rather use the time for church to get some rest for the next day's hustle.

In church you will find the most wicked sinners parading as believers.

9 Likes

Re: The Many Extortions Of Nigerian Citizens In Diaspora By Nigerian Embassy In Rome by Skillsnigeria: 8:47am On Dec 13, 2021
Hmmm
Re: The Many Extortions Of Nigerian Citizens In Diaspora By Nigerian Embassy In Rome by aspabay(m): 8:47am On Dec 13, 2021
Nigeria government is bad, but the citizens especially those priviledged government workers are worse. Very very corrupt.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Many Extortions Of Nigerian Citizens In Diaspora By Nigerian Embassy In Rome by Greyworld: 8:47am On Dec 13, 2021
Power of social media. I think this thrend should be imbibed. If possible get spy recording gadgets so we can expose these crooks. We can't suffer in Nigeria, then when you manage to escape Nigeria you meet advance sufferings, both racial and from you fellow County men.

3 Likes

Re: The Many Extortions Of Nigerian Citizens In Diaspora By Nigerian Embassy In Rome by Blurpy: 8:47am On Dec 13, 2021
Nigeria remains Nigeria. This is the story of most Nigerian embassies all over the world

2 Likes

Re: The Many Extortions Of Nigerian Citizens In Diaspora By Nigerian Embassy In Rome by juniorstar(m): 8:50am On Dec 13, 2021
Nigeria is bent on fustrating Nigerians anywhere they are in the world...the rotteness is evident in every government agency..none is spared and to think when you are outside the country you are spared..you go still met them for front.

5 Likes

Re: The Many Extortions Of Nigerian Citizens In Diaspora By Nigerian Embassy In Rome by Houseofglam7(f): 8:50am On Dec 13, 2021
The Nigerian embassy/high commission is shit everywhere

1 Like

Re: The Many Extortions Of Nigerian Citizens In Diaspora By Nigerian Embassy In Rome by allytinted: 8:51am On Dec 13, 2021
dettolgel:
I pity those who think that Nigeria will ever get better.

It takes about 20 years to train a generation that leads a nation.

In past 60 years Nigeria has been training nothing but crooks.

There was a time they trained a generation of coup plotters.

Then followed the generation of anini

Then came the generation of ritualist

After then they trained the generation of yahoo boys

Presently they are training a generation of yahoo plus and ponze schemes

What is similar across those periods was that those that couldn't get "educated" were busy learning and perfecting the act of bribe taking and corruption.

Re: The Many Extortions Of Nigerian Citizens In Diaspora By Nigerian Embassy In Rome by ivolt: 8:52am On Dec 13, 2021
Our leaders are..
My bad, every government official is into bribery and extortion.
Some of these evil workers even earn more annually than high skilled employees.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Man Sentenced To 7 Years Imprisonment For Raping 2-Year-Old Girl In Niger State / Nigerian Girl Burnt To Death In Italy [graphic Photos] / Court Convicts Job Seeker For Forging Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala’s Signature

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.