Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,975 members, 7,806,835 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 03:14 AM

Road Trip!!!!!!!! Lagos To Umuahia - Travel (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Road Trip!!!!!!!! Lagos To Umuahia (18614 Views)

Road Trip: Lagos To Abuja By Road / Road Trip To Germany (a Short True Life Story) / Cost Of Road Trip To Ghana (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Road Trip!!!!!!!! Lagos To Umuahia by Lamasta(m): 5:35pm On Dec 13, 2021
Driggs:
Going on same road trip from Lagos to Owerri

24th..

But your distance too long oo.. how you go use 12 hours take waka 580km? When motor dey move at 120km/hr.. you no do the maths?

I'm travelling with my sedan (V6) too.. the journey shouldn't be more than 7 hours (bar police checkpoint delays).

Lagos to Benin is 4 hours or less.. Benin to Onitsha is around less than 2 hours.. Onitsha to Owerri is 30 mins.

E be like say na plane abi flight you wan use cos I no understand this your calculation for Nigeria road o
Re: Road Trip!!!!!!!! Lagos To Umuahia by seniorkachion(m): 5:35pm On Dec 13, 2021
athaboi:
vehicle occupants come down from a car?? Who's telling you this lie? Just stop talking what you don't know

Very true at Owerri.
I made 2 journeys from Umuahia to Benin City in September and October. It was like that going and returning on each occassion.
I went to Ohafia in Abia State for promotion interview, similar thing happened. Even aged women were not spared. They walked with hands raised.
Our governors are simpletons to allow such abuses.

4 Likes

Re: Road Trip!!!!!!!! Lagos To Umuahia by Osobi32(m): 5:36pm On Dec 13, 2021
Driggs:

24th..

But your distance too long oo.. how you go use 12 hours take waka 580km? When motor dey move at 120km/hr.. you no do the maths?

I'm travelling with my sedan (V6) too.. the journey shouldn't be more than 7 hours (bar police checkpoint delays).

Lagos to Benin is 4 hours or less.. Benin to Onitsha is around less than 2 hours.. Onitsha to Owerri is 30 mins.
Pls make up ur mind to spend at least 10 to12hrs on the road ooo. Police and army checkpoints on the road will take u 3hrs

1 Like

Re: Road Trip!!!!!!!! Lagos To Umuahia by Pearlqueen(f): 5:36pm On Dec 13, 2021
Driggs:

24th..

Wrong mathematics you did here. It isn't always calculated that way. You'll know when the journey begins. For me, it should be up to 8 hours, 30 minutes minimum to get to Umuahia from Lagos. Then again, it depends on the part of Lagos you're starting off from.
Re: Road Trip!!!!!!!! Lagos To Umuahia by Godons1: 5:38pm On Dec 13, 2021
Op when you reach Aba, greet that un Father Christmas for me grin grin grin

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Road Trip!!!!!!!! Lagos To Umuahia by 9icetoo(m): 5:40pm On Dec 13, 2021
SwissMass:
Well security wise you might reconsider your journey because south east seems hostile and unsafe for normal humans right now with the ranging violence and unabated killing, it might not end well, better be calm until things get better, the one these people are kidnapping their kings and dumping their body in market Square. ok I better be going
Bros, when last you travel? Don't join the bandwagon. Hundreds of thousands of people make the journey to and from the south east daily.
As long as you are not involved with ipob matter, you are legit and you do not travel interstate in the south east on Mondays, you are okay. Granted there have been a few mishaps. Where in Nigeria do we not have mishaps? Even Lagos is not that safe yet we go out everyday.

1 Like

Re: Road Trip!!!!!!!! Lagos To Umuahia by InoGetJoy: 5:42pm On Dec 13, 2021
IjebuWarrior:

Yet >85% of ur savage pple wan kill themselves to migrate there... grin
Where is "here"? Ijebu boy claiming Lagos. You've run to Lagos to avoid your skull getting mined by your Ijebu brothers grin

2 Likes

Re: Road Trip!!!!!!!! Lagos To Umuahia by Pearlqueen(f): 5:43pm On Dec 13, 2021
athaboi:
vehicle occupants come down from a car?? Who's telling you this lie? Just stop talking what you don't know
It is no lie. I ply that route well. The exact spot is in Ihiala just before you get to Uli when coming from Onitsha.

All passengers in a bus or car will come down and cross the checkpoint on foot. It was worse before when passengers will be made to lift up their hands as they walk pass the point and go wait for their buses or cars after the checkpoint.

It still happens till now.

3 Likes

Re: Road Trip!!!!!!!! Lagos To Umuahia by InoGetJoy: 5:44pm On Dec 13, 2021
9icetoo:

Bros, when last you travel? Don't join the bandwagon. Hundreds of thousands of people make the journey to and from the south east daily.
As long as you are not involved with ipob matter, you are legit and you do not travel interstate in the south east on Mondays, you are okay. Granted there have been a few mishaps. Where in Nigeria do we not have mishaps? Even Lagos is not that safe yet we go out everyday.
Allow them to keep talking rubbish
Re: Road Trip!!!!!!!! Lagos To Umuahia by InoGetJoy: 5:45pm On Dec 13, 2021
Pearlqueen:
It is no lie. I ply that route well. The exact spot is in Ihiala just before you get to Uli when coming from Onitsha.

All passengers in a bus or car will come down and cross the checkpoint on foot. It was worse before when passengers will be made to lift up their hands as they walk pass the point and go wait for their buses or cars after the checkpoint.

It still happens till now.
We have our useless governors in the East to thank for that. Especially that Hopeless Uzodinjo

1 Like

Re: Road Trip!!!!!!!! Lagos To Umuahia by Godons1: 5:48pm On Dec 13, 2021
athaboi:

This is a normal practice in the East.
Make them enjoy, since they choose to support IPOB's criminal activities. grin grin grin

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Road Trip!!!!!!!! Lagos To Umuahia by 7victor(m): 5:49pm On Dec 13, 2021
7victor:
Traveling is part of enjoyment and education.

But as you travel, learn to look at the beauty of nature.

Make sure you look at the trees, rivers, rocks, mountains, valleys and the countryside.

Look at the houses on the way, in the remote areas and in the towns and cities as the journey progresses.

Make sure you appreciate the beauty of the Savannah in the north and the rainforest in the south for those going from north to south.

Try to behave as a child by asking questions in your mind concerning the small things you see on the way.

Questions like: Why does that bird I am seeing over there have 3 colors in it's feathers?

Why is that river flowing through that forest. Of course, those questions need not be answered. It only helps you to be a child temporarily.

It helps to heal someone's body and soul. It heals someone in a way undreamt of.

Don't just stay in the bus/car praying for the journey to end.

Try to enjoy the journey.

Make sure you buy any local delicacy of any town on the road if such delicacy is sold along the way.

Relax your mind, afterall being agitated during the journey would not suddenly land you where you are going. Why must you tense up when it would not help you in any way? It won't help you arrive sooner.

So relax your mind and make sure you enjoy your journey because it heals the brain.
Re: Road Trip!!!!!!!! Lagos To Umuahia by ProudlyDelta: 5:49pm On Dec 13, 2021
12hrs is a good estimate considering the holdup at the head bridge. That's where most of the time will be spent.
Re: Road Trip!!!!!!!! Lagos To Umuahia by ndigbo: 5:51pm On Dec 13, 2021
Driggs:

24th..

This math will work, if and only if, you are on the express by 3am. However, be rest assured that 24th dec, will always pull a stunt.

2 Likes

Re: Road Trip!!!!!!!! Lagos To Umuahia by AKWATGOLD1(m): 5:54pm On Dec 13, 2021
For your mind Onitsha - Owerri 30 mins even from Onitsha - Ihiala you will spend almost 1hrs with traffic when negotiating owerri road except if 2nd Niger Bridge is passable now not to talk of Ekwulobia junction where there is bad spot getting to Mgbidi bad sport too.

Driggs:

24th..

Re: Road Trip!!!!!!!! Lagos To Umuahia by caprini1: 5:57pm On Dec 13, 2021
TheWolfen:
Lagos to Benin 4 hours? Nah jet you wan carry?
Its really sad what people go through these days on that road,in our 20,s we do Lagos - benin in 3 and half hours ,with flat booth benzes and Peugeot 505,s....the good ol days of traveling in convoys.

1 Like

Re: Road Trip!!!!!!!! Lagos To Umuahia by AKWATGOLD1(m): 5:58pm On Dec 13, 2021
You cannot blame the soldiers that subject commuters to such punishment because unknow gunman that attacks their checkpoint were look just like ordinary person before they will carried out their terrorist act by killing soldiers and policemen.
seniorkachion:

Very true at Owerri.
I made 2 journeys from Umuahia to Benin City in September and October. It was like that going and returning on each occassion.
I went to Ohafia in Abia State for promotion interview, similar thing happened. Even aged women were not spared. They walked with hands raised.
Our governors are simpletons to allow such abuses.
Re: Road Trip!!!!!!!! Lagos To Umuahia by AKWATGOLD1(m): 6:01pm On Dec 13, 2021
This typical Mgbidi experience at checkpoint

Godons1:

This is a normal practice in the East.
Make them enjoy, since they choose to support IPOB's criminal activities. grin grin grin

Re: Road Trip!!!!!!!! Lagos To Umuahia by tobafy(m): 6:03pm On Dec 13, 2021
MelesZenawi:

Onitsha to Owerri is not 30mins and had never been 30 mins.

You guys should be lying with ease Abeg.

Onitsha to Owerri is approximately 2hrs Journey...or even more this days.

Very correct you can't spend less than 2hrs from Onitsha to Owerri.

Then from Lagos to Benin alone na like 5hrs if not more than. We have road block at almoat every 100meters as at Saturday that I went to Benin

1 Like

Re: Road Trip!!!!!!!! Lagos To Umuahia by Houseoflydia: 6:07pm On Dec 13, 2021
Nigercity:

grin grin grin
Onistha to owerri 30 mins
What type of weed do you guys smoke in this platform?

� hibiscus weed�
Re: Road Trip!!!!!!!! Lagos To Umuahia by Houseoflydia: 6:08pm On Dec 13, 2021
Nigercity:

grin grin grin
Onistha to owerri 30 mins
What type of weed do you guys smoke in this platform?

hibiscus weed
Re: Road Trip!!!!!!!! Lagos To Umuahia by melviniyke2002(m): 6:13pm On Dec 13, 2021
athaboi:
grin nne oma u need to apologise......lol

1 Like

Re: Road Trip!!!!!!!! Lagos To Umuahia by sultan003(m): 6:20pm On Dec 13, 2021
athaboi:

It is true and has been going on for a while now...

One can easily avoid it very early in the morning, if not forget it

1 Like

Re: Road Trip!!!!!!!! Lagos To Umuahia by 1Gojaf0: 6:20pm On Dec 13, 2021
MAKE GOOD MONEY THIS DECEMBER;
SINGLE TWO-ODD;
KICKOFF THIS MIDNIGHT ;
WHATS-APP ME AND GET IT FOR FREE!!!

0 8 1 7 9 1 4 6 0 3 4
Re: Road Trip!!!!!!!! Lagos To Umuahia by okoroemeka(m): 6:23pm On Dec 13, 2021
Driggs:

24th..

my brother check very well,onitsha to owerri cannot be 30 minutes,I drove from asaba to owerri last week and I entered river Niger bridge at 6pm but I managed to exit the bridge at 8pm and arrived owerri by 10pm,

2 Likes

Re: Road Trip!!!!!!!! Lagos To Umuahia by funkymeky: 6:27pm On Dec 13, 2021
melviniyke2002:
u cant do Onitsha to owerri 30 mins,traffic ard Onitsha axis of d onitsha owerri express,traffic @ mgbidi axis as a result of bad spot,about 3 militarycheck point where d vehicle occupants wud come down n use leg cross,.onitsha owerri ur best bet is 1 hr 15 mins or more

Forget about him , I don’t think he knows where he’s going or perhaps it most have been long he traveled

1 Like

Re: Road Trip!!!!!!!! Lagos To Umuahia by Lightway: 6:30pm On Dec 13, 2021
MelesZenawi:

Onitsha to Owerri is not 30mins and had never been 30 mins.

You guys should be lying with ease Abeg.

Onitsha to Owerri is approximately 2hrs Journey...or even more this days.

Lies
Re: Road Trip!!!!!!!! Lagos To Umuahia by RuggedBiafran: 6:32pm On Dec 13, 2021
No matteer how hard you try...SE will NEVER BE YOUR HOME.

MelesZenawi:
That's your business not mine.

Those plying the route should educate him and ways to avoid UGM, IPOB and other Owerri-Aba terrorist unit formations.

As for me, Immediately I reach HEADBRIDGE, I am already home......safe and sound.

Ewele C motors.
Re: Road Trip!!!!!!!! Lagos To Umuahia by Chillext(m): 6:38pm On Dec 13, 2021
No issues bro! I just entered Umuahia yesterday......
Re: Road Trip!!!!!!!! Lagos To Umuahia by Nobody: 6:41pm On Dec 13, 2021
RuggedBiafran:
No matteer how hard you try...SE will NEVER BE YOUR HOME.

Eat your SE

I don't care.

Omambala landing case closed.

Next.
Re: Road Trip!!!!!!!! Lagos To Umuahia by thatigboman1: 6:46pm On Dec 13, 2021
Driggs:

24th..

which onitsha to owerri is 30mins? U will spend nothing less than 30 mins at okija military checkpoint alone.
Re: Road Trip!!!!!!!! Lagos To Umuahia by lozanni(m): 6:56pm On Dec 13, 2021
Irondome1:
When you get to onitsha and want to escape Owerri road traffic jam, I will advice you to divert through Atani road then burst out to Ozubulu and continue your journey. SE is safe, just military checkpoints here and there.

Good advise bro. I wonder if they have worked on some of the bad spots on the Atani-Ozubulu road

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Keke Driver Finds Lost Iphone, Returns It To Owner (Photos) / What Good Country Can I Relocate With One Million Naira / Dunchi Lar: NIDCOM Statement About Nigerian Jailed In UAE Over Cybercrime Law

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.