Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,693 members, 7,802,024 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 08:03 AM

Can I Still Get My Money Back From This Thief? - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Can I Still Get My Money Back From This Thief? (399 Views)

Beware Of This Thief In Lagos ( Pics ) / This Thief Was Catch This Afternoon (photo) / "Oyinbo We Can't Send Your Money Back, We Used It To Buy Benz" - Nigerian Man (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Can I Still Get My Money Back From This Thief? by NevetsIbot(m): 12:31am On Dec 14, 2021
Hello everyone.. short story actually... I ran into a pick pocket last week Monday. This guy acted like a snake was wrapped round my leg and like he was trying to help...

"ah.. your leg, your leg" as he frantically grabbed on to my leg.

I kicked him off angrily after noticing nothing was wrong and this was even barely 4seconds after he grabbed my leg. After dissing him... He immediately sat on a bike that parked behind me...( I've been standing there looking for a bike ride for more than ten minutes)... Immediately he mounted the bike, I heard him whisper "oya oya " to the rider. Immediately I suspected foul play.

I tapped my pockets and noticed both phones (an iPhone XR and a small Tecno android in my left pocket were gone as I watched them zoom off. Someone offered to ride me on his bike while pursuing them but they got away... I for stone them with my travelling bag assuming I near them sha.

After... Every attempt to talk to people to borrow me their phones to call my bank was a fluke cos everyone I met there thought I was trying to maybe steal their phones ... I had to wait till I got to the next town by 6pm to use a friend's phone to call my bank and got my account blocked .

Got to my bank the next day after buying a budget redmi 10 to set up my accounts.. next thing I found out was my balance wasn't what I expected.

That lowlife withdrew 150k from my account. And if not for the daily limit on ussd and agent withdrawals, he would have cleared the account or waited till 12am.

I just got the account details that the money was transferred to... An Opay account, so obviously, the phone number of the guy is with me. He's a ghost, he isn't on Facebook or on WhatsApp.

The big question now is if I can trust the Nigerian police and go ahead with spending to trace this guy, or set him up or just rely on better conc swear to deal with him.

Anyone been in this situation? Did the police do anything reasonable? Was your bank able to reverse it? Cos my bank say I need a court order and stuffs like that.

Cc lalasticlala mynd44
Re: Can I Still Get My Money Back From This Thief? by AYNL: 12:36am On Dec 14, 2021
as e don reach police matter
this one is beyond me
Re: Can I Still Get My Money Back From This Thief? by NevetsIbot(m): 1:04am On Dec 14, 2021
AYNL:
as e don reach police matter

this one is beyond me

I never carry am go police.. I'm still trying to weigh my option. Before the police here would go to the person's town or wherever he's found to arrest him, I'd have to spend on their mobilization, feeding and all. That's how it's done here... Even for them to track the phone sef go long..... Cos after getting the location of the phone, I'll have spent a lot of money to mobilize the police to that place...

I don't think it's worth it though... Cos, what if they don't get to arrest him?
Re: Can I Still Get My Money Back From This Thief? by slimjohn2k5: 1:30am On Dec 14, 2021
Police will chop u. U will regret going to them
Re: Can I Still Get My Money Back From This Thief? by Nobody: 2:10am On Dec 14, 2021
The police that is setup to fight crime are criminals themselves.They will only act when the victim is a politician or high profile individuals.

(1) (Reply)

"If I'm Not Online, I'm Dead" - Missing Activist Last Post To Friends / Loses As ESN Clashes With Armed Herders (video) / My Mother Asked Me To Kill My Brother For Money Ritual – Suspected Yahoo Boy

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.