Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,894 members, 7,802,877 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 12:56 AM

ONITSHA- Land Of The Benins And Igalas - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / ONITSHA- Land Of The Benins And Igalas (2704 Views)

We Nsukka's Are Not Igalas, We Are Igbos. / Oshiomhole And Dan Orbih Cannot Dictate For The Benins / Igalas And Itsekiris Are Not Yorubas (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: ONITSHA- Land Of The Benins And Igalas by Arda1000(m): 8:02am On Dec 15, 2021
agadez007:
no,i just used the name
ok
Re: ONITSHA- Land Of The Benins And Igalas by KingOKON: 4:03pm On Dec 15, 2021
agadez007:
nothing to dispute here on the internet,take your cone head and go and claim the city
That’s all I will say

Sharap better go and find your true heritage, won't be surprise if you got Fulani blood in you
Re: ONITSHA- Land Of The Benins And Igalas by agadez007(m): 4:29pm On Dec 15, 2021
KingOKON:

Sharap better go and find your true heritage, won't be surprise if you got Fulani blood in you
ok no wahala
Even if my heritage says i am Somali,I am Igbo now and that’s all that matters today
I still beseech thee to go and change signposts there in onitsha
Re: ONITSHA- Land Of The Benins And Igalas by jude79(m): 3:29pm On Dec 16, 2021
Arda1000:
oponu so me asking question automatically makes me a lybian slave maggots Dey ur brain.

You need cleansing from the garbage poured into you while you were sojourning in the dessert of perdition and frustration in lybia, sowee tongue
Re: ONITSHA- Land Of The Benins And Igalas by aribisala0(m): 3:31pm On Dec 16, 2021

1 Like

Re: ONITSHA- Land Of The Benins And Igalas by Arda1000(m): 3:33pm On Dec 16, 2021
jude79:

You need cleansing from the garbage poured into you while you were sojourning in the dessert of perdition and frustration in lybia, sowee tongue
i no blame u I blame Nairaland and internet if not foools like u no supposed open mouth where person Dey
Re: ONITSHA- Land Of The Benins And Igalas by IDENNAA(m): 3:41pm On Dec 16, 2021
Of course , there is no tradition nor legends that proves Onicha had Bini ancestry , it just doesn't exist , because Onicha is too deeply embedded in Igbo culture. The original Onicha dialect which you can only find in old music record is heavily diluted by Omanbala and Idemmili Igbo , their neighbors.

No need crying over spilt milk, Onicha and Enuani are too Igbotic , even if they themselves deny it.

Nobody loves Nze na Ozo more than Onicha...lol
Re: ONITSHA- Land Of The Benins And Igalas by IDENNAA(m): 3:46pm On Dec 16, 2021
KingOKON:

Oga , forget that Onicha matter , ain't gonna fly. Obi Achebe will not tolerate that nonsense because if he entertains that idea he will anger the very wealthy and influential Anambra people.
Re: ONITSHA- Land Of The Benins And Igalas by KingOKON: 9:12am On Dec 17, 2021
IDENNAA:

Oga , forget that Onicha matter , ain't gonna fly. Obi Achebe will not tolerate that nonsense because if he entertains that idea he will anger the very wealthy and influential Anambra people.

Fact remains that Benin's and Igalas are also LANDLORDS of Onitsha

1 Like

Re: ONITSHA- Land Of The Benins And Igalas by wealthtrak: 5:17pm On Feb 18, 2022
KingOKON:
WELCOME TO ONITSHA, ANOTHER HOME OF INDIGENOUS IGALA

Onitsha is a town or city in the present day Anambra state. Onitsha was formed by 3 tribes which are Edo (Benin), Igbo and Igala. It had nine villages in which 4 are Edo who are they rulers of Onitsha (Obi of Onitsha), 3 are Igbo while 2 are pure Igala. The two villages occupied by Igala are Ogbodu and Obigboru. Although, only a few can still speak Igala due to long stay, they still maintain the tradition of Igala in burial, Ocho, marriage and masquerade festivals.
And do you know what, the mother of one of the former Obi of Onitsha was Igala. My dear Ogbodu and Obigboro Igala, we the Igala in Idah, our ancestral home love. We are one blood.
Pls bear Igala names, give Igala names to your children and tell them they are Igala. And to you my Kogi Igala people, pls tell someone to tell someone that Igala is not just in Kogi state. I will visit you people soon bc now I know I have a home there.

Megba chakaa.

Source - Indigenous Igala People Worldwide.

Yup!

The Igalas are the first/original settlers of what is now Onitsha.

There are 9 quarters in Onitsha, and the current Obi confirmed in an Ofala festival documentary
that I saw in 2017 that it was the
Igala boat people that ferried his
Bini forebears and migrants across
the river Niger to Onitsha about 400 years ago.

The Obi of Onitsha Ado n'Idu also said in that interesting Ofala festival documentary that he has Bini, Igala and Ibo ancestries!

The Ooni of Ife, Oba Enitan
Ogunwusi was also a guest at that year's Ofala festival being his first
visit as an Oba.

1 Share

(1) (2) (Reply)

2023: Kwankwaso May Not Go Far. His Words Are Indecorous & Too Divisive / Northern Nigeria Presidential Election Opinion Poll Result / Peter Obi To Emerge As PDP Presidential Candidate In 2027- Bode George Disclosed

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.