Welcome, Guest: Join Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 2,869,390 members, 6,886,600 topics. Date: Sunday, 29 May 2022 at 10:05 AM

Cashing Out In Garri Business. - Agriculture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / Cashing Out In Garri Business. (423 Views)

Garri Business / Garri Business: My Journey So Far / How To Start Garri Business With Just N50,000 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Cashing Out In Garri Business. by Precy102: 9:32am On Dec 14, 2021
I've been thinking of going into Agri business for a while so the thought of Garri struck my mind after a certain market survey in Lagos.

So yes, i started it and the experience has been amazing. I'm here to share my journey with y'll.

Fasten your seat belts and let's meuveeeee.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Cashing Out In Garri Business. by Hanks0000(m): 9:33am On Dec 14, 2021
Good for you..
Re: Cashing Out In Garri Business. by Precy102: 9:43am On Dec 14, 2021
So the first thing i did after discovering what i wanted to venture into was doing an extensive market survey.

I interacted directly with market women and asked how the business is being done. Some were gracious enough to tell me the tricks of the business which one of them is BUY CHEAP FROM THE FARM. That way, the price fluctuations won't hit me much.

That was what almost got me discouraged. I mean the price fluctuations. But then, i found a way around it. No one wants to loose, abi?
Re: Cashing Out In Garri Business. by Precy102: 9:46am On Dec 14, 2021
Please this isn't needed here. Kindly take note.

citizenkane:
Please do so. We are waiting expectantly. Anyway to make money legitimately this period is welcome.

Stop wasting your data online.
Learn how to convert it to money

https://ko-video.xyz/ref.php?r=3389568491033921
Re: Cashing Out In Garri Business. by Precy102: 9:51am On Dec 14, 2021
From there, i set out to my place of sourcing. I settled for white garri because they're mostly produced in the South Western states and I'm closer to them. Proximity was highly considered since I'm in Lagos.

Also, the white garri is the most consumed in Lagos and they move faster.
Re: Cashing Out In Garri Business. by Precy102: 9:55am On Dec 14, 2021
On getting there, i was marvelled at what met my eyes.

It's like a family business for them here. More like every family has a representative in the Garri business. Everyone with their own frying traditional pan.

There's clearly division of labour. Some were frying, some grinding, some peeling the cassava, some others were washing etc.

That way, garri is always available.

I'll share some pictures with y'll.
Re: Cashing Out In Garri Business. by Precy102: 10:08am On Dec 14, 2021
Here are pictures for your viewing pleasure. They're not so clear though. �

Re: Cashing Out In Garri Business. by Precy102: 10:25am On Dec 14, 2021
Unpeeled Cassava

Re: Cashing Out In Garri Business. by Precy102: 12:43pm On Dec 14, 2021
Let's continue later. I'll try to update the thread as soon as possible.

This is storage season so we're all busy trying to store as much as we can to sell off by January.

Catch y'll later.
Re: Cashing Out In Garri Business. by sulorog(m): 3:04pm On Dec 14, 2021
Op, I want to know how much do u buy your garri and how much do u sell , and also cost transport to carry it to your destination? I need these answers please.
Re: Cashing Out In Garri Business. by Precy102: 2:47am On Dec 15, 2021
Farmer's price- 14,000 including transportation. (21 paints)

Market price- 15,000.

[1quote author=sulorog post=108494189]Op, I want to know how much do u buy your garri and how much do u sell , and also cost transport to carry it to your destination? I need these answers please. [/quote]
Re: Cashing Out In Garri Business. by Precy102: 2:57am On Dec 15, 2021
I do just supplies and I'm looking at expanding right now to other markets, boarding schools, prisons, Nysc camps including other states apart from Lagos.

If Garri moves very well in your area and you can help us market while we do the supply and collect our cash, please reach out to me. They'd definitely be something for you.
Re: Cashing Out In Garri Business. by Precy102: 3:04am On Dec 15, 2021
Few weeks ago, garri's market price was 10,500. I'm talking about last week.

Now it's 15,000. Imagine if one bought aat 10,500 and resold at 15,000 in few days or at most, a week.

The price would still get expensive by January due to cassava scarcity.

This is the shortest storage period you can think of. Just a month. Unlike others that can take 6-8 months.

Let's see if a bag would get to 25/30k by January. I have some bags stored already for myself and some of my partners.
Re: Cashing Out In Garri Business. by Precy102: 3:11am On Dec 15, 2021
Don't be deceived!
Business ain't rosy. There are days i cry, feel like giving up, have my reflection time and wonder if i should just face my work.

But then, those are stories that make one stronger. There are days that the price fluctuation hit me real bad that i end up getting just my capital just because before the goods get to the supply point, the price dropped.

Those are the days you dust up yourself and hope for better sales in the next trip. Hopefully, no money was lost as i got my capital at least.

There are also times that sales could be slow so it affects supply too.

In all, it's a learning process. It's been a beautiful experience so far and I'm not stopping anytime soon.
Re: Cashing Out In Garri Business. by Precy102: 3:19am On Dec 15, 2021
So yeah, let's talk business.

We're available to supply you garri in anywhere in Nigeria. However, for those outside Lagos, you must buy from 60 bags upwards.

Those in Lagos, no delivery! Only pick up is allowed. I can't be waybilling just a bag or two to you. Besides, the weight is another factor to consider.

So even if you want half bag, full bag etc, just come to the market where we supply here in Lagos and buy. Pay and pick up your garri instantly.

For those who want to store, we can supply you sand free and fry done garri particularly meant for storage purposes. Because it's fry done, it can stay longer. Buy now and sell off in January.
Re: Cashing Out In Garri Business. by Jamestown123: 8:12pm On Dec 15, 2021
Precy102:
I do just supplies and I'm looking at expanding right now to other markets, boarding schools, prisons, Nysc camps including other states apart from Lagos.

If Garri moves very well in your area and you can help us market while we do the supply and collect our cash, please reach out to me. They'd definitely be something for you.
I can give you 26 painter for 14k. But I'm in Benue
Re: Cashing Out In Garri Business. by Precy102: 5:46am On Dec 16, 2021
No, i need buyers not sellers.

Jamestown123:
I can give you 26 painter for 14k. But I'm in Benue

(1) (Reply)

6pcs Of 5000ltrs Plastic Pond For Sale / Please I Need POL Layers In Ilorin!! / Plant Breeder Needed

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2022 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.