Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,785 members, 7,802,438 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 02:27 PM

Man Who Borrowed Money From An Online Company Commits Suicide Over Messages Sent - Health (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Man Who Borrowed Money From An Online Company Commits Suicide Over Messages Sent (53297 Views)

Sola Ogungbe: SEAP Microfinance Bank Manager Commits Suicide Over Unpaid Loans / Carter Oshodin, UNIBEN Official, Commits Suicide Over Hardship / Missing Dele Bandele Commits Suicide Over Depression (Suicide Note) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Man Who Borrowed Money From An Online Company Commits Suicide Over Messages Sent by generalwo(m): 12:26am On Dec 15, 2021
Triangles1:
The media always jump into conclusion without proper investigation, especially in Naiaja all death is suicide.
.... It seems you've done your own investigation and knew how the person died... So maybe the police should invite you over to take a statement

1 Like

Re: Man Who Borrowed Money From An Online Company Commits Suicide Over Messages Sent by generalwo(m): 12:39am On Dec 15, 2021
I can see some demented people coming to spill trash that if you can't pay don't borrow... In advanced societies... Even the biggest of the big have credits.... They are owing...the difference is that when they default, it tells on their ability to access credit facilities and as such very few people want to default.... But in Nigeria, for N3500 you're owing, all your contacts will receive messages with your picture edited to include words such as criminal or fraudster on the run.... Where in the world is that justified Some of you are stupidly saying they stayed in their terms and conditions that they will send your contacts messages when you default...... Where is it written in those terms and conditions that you will be labeled a criminal and a fraudster? Calling someone's contacts to tell them to remind the client to repay the loan is different from telling the same contacts that the person is a criminal on the run with company fund and should not be trusted with any transaction.......... Now some of them send this messages to your contacts, and still expect you to pay up every dime you owe including the late penalty fee for default...... Who does that These guys don't even have known offices so you can't even say you want to sue them..... It's easy for some of you to sit in the comfort of your homes, eating your parents food or from money gotten from fraud and prostitution and begin to condem those borrowing.... In a society where things work, are people supposed to depend on loan apps for basic survival? I have seen a mother who lost her husband to insurgency in the north... Things have been terrible for her..... She borrowed 10k when her only child was sick.. So she could buy both drugs and food for him.... Do u expect the woman to watch her son die because she doesn't want to borrow since she doesn't have a means of paying back..... Don't judge people if you have not being in their positions.... Alot of people in Nigeria don't borrow money for business... They borrow money just to survive another day.....

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Man Who Borrowed Money From An Online Company Commits Suicide Over Messages Sent by heniford2: 12:44am On Dec 15, 2021
jaeyking:
Like the last tweet says 'abeg just die this matter'

You signed an agreement and you defaulted.
Have any of us ever read their terms and conditions to see why they really go ahead with defamation and the govt is not doing anything.

I can say it's part of the terms u signed.
Though I don't have any proof of it but with the looks of it I think so

Modified**

I just checked the terms and conditions by Okash a loaning firm see the images below.
From this, can we conclude that the defamation of character and possible deduction from any account linked to the bvn is legal undecided undecided
all this bullshit u posted there was they anywhere it was written we will blackmail you or rubbsh ur reputation if you do not pay on the said day undecided agreed

3 Likes

Re: Man Who Borrowed Money From An Online Company Commits Suicide Over Messages Sent by Nobody: 1:11am On Dec 15, 2021
Help2020:
If you don't have the means to pay back loan,don't take.that's all.

That exactly is the problem that they give loans to people that are not qualified for loans only to deploy some very draconian measures to retrieve said money from people they had no business lending to in the first place. This is where the government needs to step in and regulate how these people approve their loans.

In civilized countries there are credit score systems that ensure only credit worthy people have access to such facilities. A poor person desperate for money will do anything for quick cash not thinking about the consequences. Giving credit to such people and harassing them to the point of suicide for the repayment is immoral and irresponsible. That’s the reason why loansharking is illegal in many counties and is more associated with gangsters.
Re: Man Who Borrowed Money From An Online Company Commits Suicide Over Messages Sent by Tundex911: 1:51am On Dec 15, 2021
Me wey get strong head, bubu administration dey borrow up and down who hold him...

If dem like make dem carry my matter go meet bubu, na face2face I go tell bubu say make he pay those debt of 9ja first before I go pay mine.

Awon weyrey gbogbo

Smh
Re: Man Who Borrowed Money From An Online Company Commits Suicide Over Messages Sent by Lucas4903: 1:53am On Dec 15, 2021
Perfecttouch:
I know someone who took to settle some expenses as a private company employee.
He was earning good money and then covid happened and he was relieved with no severance pay..
I know you might want to ask if he has no savings or that, oga mi, Nigeria Don worse pass as you think am o, family men now they wish they do things differently

Differently, like?
Re: Man Who Borrowed Money From An Online Company Commits Suicide Over Messages Sent by ShoeShineGuy: 3:29am On Dec 15, 2021
jaeyking:

Have any of us ever read their terms and conditions to see why they really go ahead with defamation and the govt is not doing anything.

Modified**

I just checked the terms and conditions by Okash a loaning firm see the images below.
From this, can we conclude that the defamation of character and possible deduction from any account linked to the bvn is legal undecided undecided

Leave them make dem dey collect loan they don't have the means to EASILY pay back up and down and without caring to read through the T&C first to realise it's a bondage they're willingly entering into. I love reading all the story for the gods they come to Nairaland to put up here...

Even conventional banks don't offer loans just like that and just to anyone without ensuring you have a regular source of income like being an employee of the FG which sometimes they request one's IPPIS number and so on. These banks have their reasons for all these.
Re: Man Who Borrowed Money From An Online Company Commits Suicide Over Messages Sent by Nobody: 3:43am On Dec 15, 2021
Ifan:

I don’t really post here but let me say this, I took a loan of 8000 from them and was to pay 10500 back, I lost my job, but consistently chatting them up that I didn’t forget and that I’ll pay, when they started threatening I had the opportunity to pay part via the account sent to me by their agent I paid 5000 first which she confirm, that same night I paid another 3000 making 8000 remaining 2500 the interest. A week later I got a call that why have I not make any payment I explained that I made payment and I have all the proof which I sent to them, they were like no that’s wrong account that it belongs to another defaulter... it’s not my fault you staff sent me this account number and I’ve made the payment and these aren’t the screenshot and proof... they said I will have to make another payment afresh. After that they sent out messages that I’m a thief on the run that I ran away with the company money... a friend of mine who was a barrister saw the message and called me because it’s unlike me to do that I explained to her. She called them that she have all the proof and that she’s interested in the case that she needed their address funny enough they said they can’t leave their address.... the name of the app is Lcredit and this are the screenshot of the evidence
How did you later settle the case?
Re: Man Who Borrowed Money From An Online Company Commits Suicide Over Messages Sent by Adefolarin1: 3:49am On Dec 15, 2021
Ifesinachi22:

Your a woman dear. They no dey count you folks. Your boyfriend will always offset your bills. Sometimes, from borrowed funds from loan sharks
God bless you for this comment sir.

1 Like

Re: Man Who Borrowed Money From An Online Company Commits Suicide Over Messages Sent by omoadeleye(m): 3:55am On Dec 15, 2021
See chronic debtors having problems with the way creditors are taking to recover their sweat from potential defaulters.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Man Who Borrowed Money From An Online Company Commits Suicide Over Messages Sent by Nobody: 4:05am On Dec 15, 2021
Gkemz:
When I had financial challenges with my business crumbling in the middle of this year. That was when I knew how difficult it was to borrow money. I downloaded different loan apps, visited couple of microfinance banks for soft loan to revive my business. But the bureaucracy involved in assessing mfb loans compelled me to try online loan. Fair money and carbon offered me loan but it was small for the challenges I needed to solve. It opened my eyes to clearly see who are truly my friends. A so called well to do friend advised me to seek help elsewhere. I saw hell during that period. Thank God for my uncle who came to my rescue without asking for a refund. He would've given me more than he gave me if not that lawyers nationwide were having industrial action which halted legal services in his chambers. Nevertheless the amt he gave me was enough to solve my problem.

Please,

Can you help me?
Re: Man Who Borrowed Money From An Online Company Commits Suicide Over Messages Sent by Nobody: 4:09am On Dec 15, 2021
generalwo:
I can see some demented people coming to spill trash that if you can't pay don't borrow... In advanced societies... Even the biggest of the big have credits.... They are owing...the difference is that when they default, it tells on their ability to access credit facilities and as such very few people want to default.... But in Nigeria, for N3500 you're owing, all your contacts will receive messages with your picture edited to include words such as criminal or fraudster on the run.... Where in the world is that justified Some of you are stupidly saying they stayed in their terms and conditions that they will send your contacts messages when you default...... Where is it written in those terms and conditions that you will be labeled a criminal and a fraudster? Calling someone's contacts to tell them to remind the client to repay the loan is different from telling the same contacts that the person is a criminal on the run with company fund and should not be trusted with any transaction.......... Now some of them send this messages to your contacts, and still expect you to pay up every dime you owe including the late penalty fee for default...... Who does that These guys don't even have known offices so you can't even say you want to sue them..... It's easy for some of you to sit in the comfort of your homes, eating your parents food or from money gotten from fraud and prostitution and begin to condem those borrowing.... In a society where things work, are people supposed to depend on loan apps for basic survival? I have seen a mother who lost her husband to insurgency in the north... Things have been terrible for her..... She borrowed 10k when her only child was sick.. So she could buy both drugs and food for him.... Do u expect the woman to watch her son die because she doesn't want to borrow since she doesn't have a means of paying back..... Don't judge people if you have not being in their positions.... Alot of people in Nigeria don't borrow money for business... They borrow money just to survive another day.....

There's something I have to tell you.

It's related to being called a scammer/criminal for no justifiable reason.

It's a serious matter.
Re: Man Who Borrowed Money From An Online Company Commits Suicide Over Messages Sent by Coldie(m): 4:45am On Dec 15, 2021
Lies. These people sabi lie, it’s always someone they know but they will never provide any details about the person
Re: Man Who Borrowed Money From An Online Company Commits Suicide Over Messages Sent by tee4naija(m): 5:11am On Dec 15, 2021
This is becoming unbecoming. I received yet another of this scandalous messages just yesterday.

I don't even know the person.

Re: Man Who Borrowed Money From An Online Company Commits Suicide Over Messages Sent by dokxavi: 6:17am On Dec 15, 2021
MaxiB1242:
me that have borrowed from more than 5 loans apps and didn't pay back... they have been sending me messages up and down including my relatives, family members girlfriends, friends and all that.. even including the girl i have been faking myself to that i i ha much money with me and whenever she is with me i i do make sure i borrow a Mercedes Benz from a friend to do show off after getting a call from them she called and told me about it and all the fake life i have been living did i take my life... iyam not stupid i will never do no such thing.. We all are living in a scam world and Nigeria is the head quarters So we are not promised tomorrow
Don't mind these loan apps, they have not seen anything yet. Na we go chase them comot Nigeria. If people can borrow from them and not pay back even if they blackmail you to Buhari, the bastard loan apps go get sense. Na those wey dey pay after the blackmail I blame. That's why the loan apps continue that approach. My advice is borrow, get blackmailed by loan apps, they must forfeit their money.

2 Likes

Re: Man Who Borrowed Money From An Online Company Commits Suicide Over Messages Sent by dokxavi: 6:20am On Dec 15, 2021
Martinez39s:
Pay them what you owe them. No one asked you to patronise them and they are not the ones that asked you to default.
Pay them after blackmail? Please shut up if you don't know what to type.

If you are ever blackmailed by the loan apps, don't stress yourself again. They have chosen to forfeit the money.

2 Likes

Re: Man Who Borrowed Money From An Online Company Commits Suicide Over Messages Sent by dokxavi: 6:24am On Dec 15, 2021
hope4nigeria:
Na Dem, the loan app people, them full NL. But that guy fvk up, if owe 1000 people loan, if you like send messages to my entire in-law and the whole world calling me thief, I will never pay you back again
Every Nigerian who is a victim of the loan apps should follow this advice. Don't pay back after the defamation and this blackmail problem will be solved.

2 Likes

Re: Man Who Borrowed Money From An Online Company Commits Suicide Over Messages Sent by eteebanky1: 6:40am On Dec 15, 2021
I don't understand why some people will collect loan and refuse to payback at the stipulated time, do they want to kill the business?
when you know you won't payback, why borrow in the first place? damn fools

No rip, better to die awon onigbese

1 Like

Re: Man Who Borrowed Money From An Online Company Commits Suicide Over Messages Sent by debbydams(f): 7:25am On Dec 15, 2021
Ifesinachi22:

Your a woman dear. They no dey count you folks. Your boyfriend will always offset your bills. Sometimes, from borrowed funds from loan sharks
I don't depend on any man neither do I ask money from any man..I survive on my own
Re: Man Who Borrowed Money From An Online Company Commits Suicide Over Messages Sent by Coolgent(m): 7:27am On Dec 15, 2021
I don't blame them after all they didn't forced anyone to patronize them.
Re: Man Who Borrowed Money From An Online Company Commits Suicide Over Messages Sent by Jabar2017: 8:00am On Dec 15, 2021
I swear d guy just die for nothing,dis idiot will continue sending d defamatory message to his contact even in his grave, one less mumu to worry about..... something dey will later apologize nd beg u to pay small amount...
Re: Man Who Borrowed Money From An Online Company Commits Suicide Over Messages Sent by ADAMUdaCOWBOY: 8:27am On Dec 15, 2021
jaeyking:

Modified**

Do you know that some contracts are invalid and voidable? You guys are funny.
Re: Man Who Borrowed Money From An Online Company Commits Suicide Over Messages Sent by MorningStar233: 8:28am On Dec 15, 2021
BigYash:
Some stories I heard.. Some will even send the money to them,they will claim they didn't see it,and still go ahead blackmailing them..

Jesu, if that's true then Karma awaits them o, haba na

1 Like

Re: Man Who Borrowed Money From An Online Company Commits Suicide Over Messages Sent by dokxavi: 8:43am On Dec 15, 2021
Jabar2017:
I swear d guy just die for nothing,dis idiot will continue sending d defamatory message to his contact even in his grave, one less mumu to worry about..... something dey will later apologize nd beg u to pay small amount...
Na mumu guy. How those useless loan apps guys with their limited exposure go make you depressed commit suicide?
Nigerians need to learn how to fight fire with fire. You threaten me, I threaten you back. Nonsense.
Re: Man Who Borrowed Money From An Online Company Commits Suicide Over Messages Sent by dokxavi: 8:45am On Dec 15, 2021
ADAMUdaCOWBOY:

Do you know that some contracts are invalid and voidable? You guys are funny.
How can any sane human being say defamation of character is legal? How does that statement on its own sound to him? Defamation of character is legal? Lol. Foolish loan apps. Na Nigeria go be their burial ground.

1 Like

Re: Man Who Borrowed Money From An Online Company Commits Suicide Over Messages Sent by RillJ(m): 8:51am On Dec 15, 2021
Those online loan sharks have no iota of decency. They are unethical and unprincipled in their dealings.

I received one of such disturbing text messages because a friend defaulted over a loan amount less than 10K.

Now I really thank God that the situation was immediately resolved b4 any further negative development.
Re: Man Who Borrowed Money From An Online Company Commits Suicide Over Messages Sent by November24(f): 9:16am On Dec 15, 2021
What nonsense. I can't kill myself for anything.
People even commit suicide becos of carry over. So na spirit
Re: Man Who Borrowed Money From An Online Company Commits Suicide Over Messages Sent by texazzpete(m): 9:21am On Dec 15, 2021
easzypeaszy:
continue ��� u think say u wise..mk Dem run u street one day u go shout..it happens alot..u wl pay thrgh der offline mode n dey wl still be disturbing u fr it.

Sadly for you, it is extremely unlikely that I’d ever patronize these loan shark apps.
Re: Man Who Borrowed Money From An Online Company Commits Suicide Over Messages Sent by Ifan(m): 9:22am On Dec 15, 2021
excellence44:

How did you later settle the case?

They stopped calling but that’s after they’ve spread their stupid messages they always send I was pained so much cos the message as gone viral and how many people I wan explain to

1 Like

Re: Man Who Borrowed Money From An Online Company Commits Suicide Over Messages Sent by NGArmyTerrorist: 9:22am On Dec 15, 2021
You that posted this fake tweet to tarnish the business of loan app "if you had borrowed from them better go and pay your loans. " Nonsensical fake tweet! Go and pay what you borrowed! The Bible said "A wicked man borroweth without paying back. " If you borrow and don't want to payback, you're wicked, always check Terms and Conditions that is if the average zoo citizens ever considered that such a lengthy note at the bottom of the form is useful before signing a contract or loan. Go pay up, govt won't help you people!
Re: Man Who Borrowed Money From An Online Company Commits Suicide Over Messages Sent by dokxavi: 9:52am On Dec 15, 2021
NGArmyTerrorist:
You that posted this fake tweet to tarnish the business of loan app "if you had borrowed from them better go and pay your loans. " Nonsensical fake tweet! Go and pay what you borrowed! The Bible said "A wicked man borroweth without paying back. " If you borrow and don't want to payback, you're wicked, always check Terms and Conditions that is if the average zoo citizens ever considered that such a lengthy note at the bottom of the form is useful before signing a contract or loan. Go pay up, govt won't help you people!
Did the Bible say defamation of character is not wickedness?

The image of loan apps has been tarnished by themselves already, nobody needs to do anything more. If Nigerians are wise, they will stop paying after you people blackmail them.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

44-Year-Old Woman Dies With Her Twins After Refusing To Give Birth Through CS / What Your Gee-pee Tank Looks Like After Six Months And After Washing (photos) / Dangers Of Drinking Cold Water [ MUST READ]

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.