Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,633 members, 7,801,828 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 12:52 AM

Man Who Borrowed Money From An Online Company Commits Suicide Over Messages Sent - Health (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Man Who Borrowed Money From An Online Company Commits Suicide Over Messages Sent (53295 Views)

Sola Ogungbe: SEAP Microfinance Bank Manager Commits Suicide Over Unpaid Loans / Carter Oshodin, UNIBEN Official, Commits Suicide Over Hardship / Missing Dele Bandele Commits Suicide Over Depression (Suicide Note) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Man Who Borrowed Money From An Online Company Commits Suicide Over Messages Sent by ollybasa: 9:57am On Dec 15, 2021
Pls if there is no means of paying back, don't borrow.
Re: Man Who Borrowed Money From An Online Company Commits Suicide Over Messages Sent by dokxavi: 10:01am On Dec 15, 2021
People should stop paying them after getting blackmailed by them. Delete the app, get angry with their agents, don't pay after blackmail. That's the solution.

1 Like

Re: Man Who Borrowed Money From An Online Company Commits Suicide Over Messages Sent by NGArmyTerrorist: 10:28am On Dec 15, 2021
dokxavi:
Did the Bible say defamation of character is not wickedness?

The image of loan apps has been tarnished by themselves already, nobody needs to do anything more. If Nigerians are wise, they will stop paying after you people blackmail them.
I don't run a loan app neither am I a borrower, don't spoil another person's investments. But if you one, as you said "they will keep getting such message because a pastor friend of mine I am still receiving one on his behalf that is why you should borrow from your neighbor or friends that's if you're a trusted somebody why running to loan app because you thought you can do away with their cash since they can't come to your resident to arrest you unlike banks. Start doing good things. Defamation Defamation! Before you borrowee from them haven't you heard their stories and you still went to collect loans from them.
Re: Man Who Borrowed Money From An Online Company Commits Suicide Over Messages Sent by Martinez39s(m): 10:50am On Dec 15, 2021
dokxavi:
Pay them after blackmail? Please shut up if you don't know what to type.

If you are ever blackmailed by the loan apps, don't stress yourself again. They have chosen to forfeit the money.
How else did you expect them to collect their money knowing fully well how Nigerians can be dubious and treacherous in paying back money they owe? What would you do if you were in their shoes? Do you think you are special that they would make an exception of you by presuming you (who they don't know from Adam) have no dubious intent? Would you make such presumption if you ran a loan company?

No one asked you to patronise a loan company; you did that of your own accord, so take responsibility for that. No one asked you to agree to their terms and conditions, yet you agreed to it. You agreed to them and yet you defaulted by not paying at the appointed time. Who asked you to default? Is it their fault that you couldn't pay up? A deal is a deal; you made the deal, live up to the agreement. Can't you see you are in the wrong? Don't you see you did something really serious and criminal by defaulting on an official agreement? Before any sane court or individual, you are in the wrong for not living up to the agreement you made. Who defaults on an official agreement one agreed to without coercion and gets surprised when the person you are owing money gets brutal and tries to coerce the money out of you? undecided Notice how the loan company never did anything before the appointed time until after YOU defaulted. You are at fault and you are a criminal. Pay up!

Don't deceive yourself. Just say you don't want to pay. Don't use their antics of recovering their money as an excuse or justification not to pay. Pay up and honour the agreement you made. Such dubious and cunning excuse after being guilty of defaulting is one of the reasons loan companies go hard on Nigerians. angry Go and pay up; after paying up, you can sue them if you think they broke the law. You can't default on an official agreement and start having expectations and standard for the loan company on how they collect their money back (that's for the loan company to decide). Go and pay up; the loan companies owe defaulters no consideration or pity, a deal is a deal.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Man Who Borrowed Money From An Online Company Commits Suicide Over Messages Sent by Martinez39s(m): 11:02am On Dec 15, 2021
oke2018:
I also saw one of their messages on my phone concerning one of my former course mate ,I forwarded the message to her ,she said I shouldn't mind them that she has called them just today o , abeg no go borrow wetin you know fit pay back
@emboldened

Simple! Notice how virtually ALL of the issues people have with loan companies started with one thing: they didn't pay at the appointed time. That should tell you something about Nigerians who love to play the victim/pity card when loan companies come calling for their money.

Nigerians need to start taking responsibility for their actions and stop being self-centered, inconsiderate and dubious. No one forced them to patronise loan companies and agree to their terms and agreements. Why collect money and then default on an official agreement? Isn't that criminal? Are the loan companies supposed to chase debtors with politeness and a smile on the face?

Don't borrow if you can't pay back.
Re: Man Who Borrowed Money From An Online Company Commits Suicide Over Messages Sent by Martinez39s(m): 11:12am On Dec 15, 2021
generalwo:
.... So calling someone a criminal is now the same thing as sending messages to their contacts abi? If you tell the contacts to remind the people to repay their loans.... It's makes a lot of sense then editing their pictures with the tag "criminal / fraudster" on the run and should not be trusted..... Do u know the psychological damage such messages cause on people??
A defaulter of an official agreement (which you agreed to of your own accord) is a criminal/fraudster. Loan companies owe defaulters no consideration or sympathy; a deal is a deal. Business is business. Is it because you are in Nigeria where people do anyhow that you don't realise how serious and criminal it is to renege on an official agreement? They are not out of place in telling your contacts that you are a criminal or fraudster; they saying the truth. Truth doesn't care about your feelings. The loan company didn't force you to approach them, they didn't force you to agree to their terms and conditions, and they are not responsible for you defaulting.

Before any sane court or individual, you would be in the wrong and you would be punished for defaulting. Notice how virtually ALL of the issues people have with loan companies started with one thing: they didn't pay at the appointed time. That should tell you something about Nigerians who love to play the victim/pity card when loan companies come calling. Loan companies don't do śhit if the appointed time hasn't elapsed. Go figure and pay up!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Man Who Borrowed Money From An Online Company Commits Suicide Over Messages Sent by youngking89(m): 11:47am On Dec 15, 2021
Thank you
Tombrown3:

Lol... I can't tell you how to dupe people of their hard earned cash but will tell you this for free...

Back up your main contact and delete all of them, the replace it with any regular number. Clear your call logs and messages too, always make a backup of all these so you can reinstall afterwards.

Your private information is their collateral for the loan, now imagine a sensitive message being licked, because they have all that, and from my observation, it states in their data base forever! Even when you no longer patronise them. They sell mist of these information, how do you think random people can call you, state you name and bank without ever knowing them?

Just stay away from loan app bro, those people don't like you. Hope you watched Squid game
Re: Man Who Borrowed Money From An Online Company Commits Suicide Over Messages Sent by generalwo(m): 1:03pm On Dec 15, 2021
Martinez39s:
A defaulter of an official agreement (which you agreed to of your own accord) is a criminal/fraudster? Loan companies owe defaulters no consideration or sympathy; a deal is a deal. Business is business. Is it because you are in Nigeria where people do anyhow that you don't realise how serious and criminal it is to renege on an official agreement? They are not out of place in telling your contacts that you are a criminal or fraudster; they saying the truth. Truth doesn't care about your feelings. The loan company didn't force you to approach them, they didn't force you to agree to their terms and conditions, and they are not responsible for you defaulting.

Before any sane court or individual, you would be in the wrong and you would be punished for defaulting. Notice how virtually ALL of the issues people have with loan companies started with one thing: they didn't pay at the appointed time. That should tell you something about Nigerians who love to play the victim/pity card when loan companies come calling. Loan companies don't do śhit if the appointed time hasn't elapsed. Go figure and pay up!
..... So there are now 2 punishments for defaulting on a loan? Calling someone a criminal before his contacts and also the amount added to the loan for defaulting? If you will still expect me to pay what I owe with the penalty for defaulting, why send a message to my contacts calling me a criminal Thank God Nigerians are wising up daily..... In upper Sokponba road Benin city, one of the loan sharks agents didn't know that one of the persons he sent the messages about lives a few streets away.... He's still nursing the wound from the serious beating he received..... There is no hiding place for them.... What goes around comes all the way around..... Since he called the guy a criminal on the run, the dude had to live up to his name..... And if what the loan agents are doing is right, then soko loan wouldn't have been fined N10m for privacy breach.....
Re: Man Who Borrowed Money From An Online Company Commits Suicide Over Messages Sent by Ejimilla: 2:09am On Dec 17, 2021
Pls I need someone to help with my payment, these people have started sending messages to my contacts pls

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

44-Year-Old Woman Dies With Her Twins After Refusing To Give Birth Through CS / What Your Gee-pee Tank Looks Like After Six Months And After Washing (photos) / Dangers Of Drinking Cold Water [ MUST READ]

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.