Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,766 members, 7,802,343 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 12:47 PM

Budget For A Very Decent Wedding Ceremony - Events - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Events / Budget For A Very Decent Wedding Ceremony (9621 Views)

Souvenir Shared At A Wedding Ceremony(photos) / How Much Should An AVERAGE Nigerian Male Budget For Marraige / Ls A Million Naira Enough To Organize A Decent Wedding (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Budget For A Very Decent Wedding Ceremony by forgiven(m): 6:08am On Feb 15, 2006
Starting A Family. In a typical Nigerian setting, like how much can a couple budget for a very decent wedding ceremony (white wedding)?
Re: Budget For A Very Decent Wedding Ceremony by alheri(f): 1:46pm On Feb 15, 2006
Forgiven, youre asking the wrong question here. You cant really budget for a wedding in that sence, you just keep in mind how much youve got to spend and work towards it.
Re: Budget For A Very Decent Wedding Ceremony by IAH(f): 12:47am On Feb 16, 2006
You have to make a list of all the things you would need for the wedding and then start estimating the price of each, by the time you add it all up you should have a rough overall estimate.
Re: Budget For A Very Decent Wedding Ceremony by Motee(f): 12:56pm On Feb 17, 2006
Is there no one with an idea of a Nigerian website on Wedding Planning where he could have a full idea because am sure we have not answered his question. He seems he wants something like a list of what actually should be available and things like dat, well what I feel!
Re: Budget For A Very Decent Wedding Ceremony by lexyflexy(m): 1:08pm On Feb 17, 2006
Planning a wedding is not a thing you start talking of in 2years,  its more a less like almost a long term goal,  because it demands everything of you,  what  you budget to spend could turn out to be the other way round,

Onething I advice you do is that you don't do it the  TIWA 'N' TIWA partern or style,  avoid the printing of too many Invitation,  thats one way to have a decent wedding,

get in touch with me when the wedding day is close,  you can scan the wedding invitation and send it to me, I will do the rest. I fit helep you do MC sef,  but for that, see my Manager.
Re: Budget For A Very Decent Wedding Ceremony by nikinash(f): 1:45pm On Feb 17, 2006
Is there no one with an idea of a Nigerian website on Wedding Planning where he could have a full idea because am sure we have not answered his question. He seems he wants something like a list of what actually should be available and things like that, well what I feel!

as a wedding planner i can very easily tell you that you can only work with your budget. if you have 3 million naira to spend you will find things to spend it on, if you have 100,000 naira, it would also be fitted into your budget, so its really budget depended.
Re: Budget For A Very Decent Wedding Ceremony by nikinash(f): 1:49pm On Feb 17, 2006
Is there no one with an idea of a Nigerian website on Wedding Planning where he could have a full idea because am sure we have not answered his question. He seems he wants something like a list of what actually should be available and things like that, well what I feel!

as a wedding planner i can very easily tell you that you can only work with your budget. if you have 3 million naira to spend you will find things to spend it on, if you have 100,000 naira, it would also be fitted into your budget, so its really budget depended.
Re: Budget For A Very Decent Wedding Ceremony by alheri(f): 2:39pm On Feb 17, 2006
thanks nikinash, thats exactly what I told him from the beginning. As far as a wedding is concerned(in Naija sha), you work with how much money you have at hand.
Re: Budget For A Very Decent Wedding Ceremony by lexyflexy(m): 7:17pm On Feb 17, 2006
@ alheri , tell em more,
Re: Budget For A Very Decent Wedding Ceremony by nikinash(f): 1:54pm On Feb 20, 2006
one of the important things to remember is: don't try to impress anyone by your spending. do what will make you happy and your day as memorable as you want without going above-board with your spending. no forget say people go chop your wacks and forget about am o!
Re: Budget For A Very Decent Wedding Ceremony by lexyflexy(m): 11:00am On Feb 21, 2006
and I have come to notice onething,  many tend to empty their pockets because of an upcoming wedding,

after wedding them begin look like empty bags of Casava
Re: Budget For A Very Decent Wedding Ceremony by nikinash(f): 2:04pm On Feb 28, 2006
and I have come to notice onething, many tend to empty their pockets because an upcoming wedding,

after wedding them begin look like empty bags of Casava
true grin
Re: Budget For A Very Decent Wedding Ceremony by mide2(f): 6:06pm On Apr 13, 2006
www.NigerianWeddings.Net 

The website might be helpful.
Re: Budget For A Very Decent Wedding Ceremony by lexyflexy(m): 10:54pm On Aug 22, 2006
Is there anyone on NL whse wedding date is very near?
Re: Budget For A Very Decent Wedding Ceremony by jesuseun1(m): 1:14am On Aug 25, 2006
hi forgiven,
it is a matter of planning at least a year,and since wedding involve u and ur partner he or she too must be actively carry along in the planning. firstly ,I will advise that both of u should starts honoring friends wedding invitation so as to have an idea of how both of u want yours to look like . then, Both of u have to sit down and discuss and make alist of what is needed and the rough cost estimation. Like where to stay,what to put on,guest list ,the bridal train and so on.in addition seek counsel from young pple that are married they will always have a mistake which they will want u pple to avoid.

Above all,acknowledge God as part of the planning ,Commit evritin into His Hands.remember,proper planning with prayer prevents poor performance
I wish u well!
Re: Budget For A Very Decent Wedding Ceremony by Oracle(m): 12:56am On Sep 28, 2006
There won't be any specific price considering inflation and all that, i think the best thing is to list everything you need and fix default prices, i believe you can do that.
Re: Budget For A Very Decent Wedding Ceremony by Seun(m): 7:04pm On Jan 15, 2008
1 million naira is a good starting point?
Re: Budget For A Very Decent Wedding Ceremony by ell77(f): 10:58pm On Jan 16, 2008
It depends on if you need to do a Church wedding and traditional also, apparently you can do all of this for N370,000. With 700 guests, look at this attachment.

Re: Budget For A Very Decent Wedding Ceremony by liquid7: 6:21pm On May 22, 2008
wedding budget can be from 100k to millions upon millions.
That is why it is always best the couple sit together and decide what is a feasible and reasonable amount to spent and then work on it.
Mistake is not deciding this and then 1 person goes overboard and is hit by disappointment.
Re: Budget For A Very Decent Wedding Ceremony by opebami2(f): 4:01pm On May 26, 2008
well, u can contact me for all your wedding plans. starting from ur clothing, to foods, and anything you can think of.
I will do the planning for you, anyhow u want it, elaborate or low-key wedding.
08034128212 or mail me, oppydarry@yahoo.com
Re: Budget For A Very Decent Wedding Ceremony by reseCheathE: 12:16pm On Jan 27, 2010
OK, here is the deal. I survive applied on like a hundred websites next to plead with of a loan but they all one-sidedness me after sundry reasons. A drawing lots of these sites divulge 100% accepted to the close measure I don't rile anything. Ideas?
Re: Budget For A Very Decent Wedding Ceremony by lexyflexy(m): 12:29pm On Feb 13, 2010
who mentioned 1million there?

Picanto is cheaper than that these days
Re: Budget For A Very Decent Wedding Ceremony by Greycells(m): 9:50am On Feb 18, 2010
U can get married under 50k sef,

In short for 6k (Just go to Federal Marriage Registry Ikoyi , pay the statuotry 5k and take two witness). Nobody cares if u are on bathroom slipper. grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Budget For A Very Decent Wedding Ceremony by yvyy(f): 11:56am On Feb 18, 2010
hello everyone.am a wedding planner.if you dont know how to go about the costing/budget, call me up and i'll help you out with lil charge but the stress will be off you and you wont regret it.you can call me up on these numbers.08037988194 or 08087184740.i can walk with any amt u guys have for the weddng and it will turn out to your dream wedding.you can just give us a try.
Re: Budget For A Very Decent Wedding Ceremony by AppleofGod(f): 6:49pm On Mar 04, 2010
Hi Forgive, I have saw what everyone said about budgeting for your wedding, I will advise you to start your planning on time to avoid pressure.

In the aspect of your wedding wears, your bestman and your men on suits. This is a budget for the Groom, Bestman and 6 men on suits.

The Groom n Bestman 2 Suits, 2 shirts and 2 cravats

The men on suits - 6 Suits, 6 shirts and 6 (3.in.1 Ties)

Total N150,000.00 To contact me call Ugochi on 08060206053 or 08028356103 or email ugochi266@yahoo.com

Free delivery to the Groom, bestman and men on suit's destinations. you dont have to bother yourself about all the adjustments, delivery and transports they are all included in the fees.

Thanks for your patronage and God bless you.

(1) (Reply)

Top Ushering Agency / Ushering Jobs? / Arise Women Conference Celebrate Pastor Siju Iluyomade on her Birthday Today

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.