Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,004 members, 7,799,446 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 09:26 PM

How Do You Say No And Stand Your Ground? - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / How Do You Say No And Stand Your Ground? (13400 Views)

What Did You Say You Won’t Do That You Are Doing Now? / What Do You Say In Your Mind, When You Greet People And The Don't Answer?? / Give Correct Answers To Quizzes And Stand A Chance To Win Free Airtime (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Do You Say No And Stand Your Ground? by IgiveLadiesBj(m): 8:28pm On Dec 15, 2021
Hello people of Nairaland, I am at the point of my life where I want to stop pleasing people regardless.

I find it difficult to say no especially to family and close friends and this has affected me badly in all ramifications especially in financial terms.
Please how do I say No and stand my ground without feeling bad or even care how they feel after I say no

26 Likes 4 Shares

Re: How Do You Say No And Stand Your Ground? by Mophor: 8:39pm On Dec 15, 2021
FTC

1 Like

Re: How Do You Say No And Stand Your Ground? by helinues: 8:45pm On Dec 15, 2021
I stopped repeating myself. If I tell you NO, whatever you might be saying after that , I won't respond again

If it's been long time we talked, and you decided to call me instead of sending message first, Sha make sure your phone is on charging.

When people sometimes call you out of the blue, they must have prepared themselves for whatever they want to say while the conversation would caught you unaware. Request/demands are hard to turn down in such situations
I no get time for nonsense

78 Likes 10 Shares

Re: How Do You Say No And Stand Your Ground? by MufasaLion: 8:46pm On Dec 15, 2021
My personality alone is enough.

9 Likes

Re: How Do You Say No And Stand Your Ground? by IgiveLadiesBj(m): 9:09pm On Dec 15, 2021
MufasaLion:
My personality alone is enough.
How do you mean?

3 Likes

Re: How Do You Say No And Stand Your Ground? by MufasaLion: 9:10pm On Dec 15, 2021
IgiveLadiesBj:

How do you mean?

I don't make myself easily accessible to people unless I wish to.

70 Likes 3 Shares

Re: How Do You Say No And Stand Your Ground? by Magnoliaa(f): 9:16pm On Dec 15, 2021
People can only advise you and give you all sort of tips, but the decision ultimately lies with you. To take action and follow through with changing the way you think. It's self-development and it happens over time.

I think what you're really fearing is their opinions and judgement of you when you refuse them, so you try to avoid that by giving in to their demands. But you have to realise that opinions do not harm -- if you don't let them. That's just what they are: opinions. And you shouldn't care about them.

When you realize this, you'll be on your way to breaking out of the grasp of people's expectations and fulfilling them.

On the other hand, think of what you stand to lose by being a free-for-all person. Always remind yourself. Keep it in mind. Brokenness, hunger, the feelings of low self-esteem, short-changing yourself, etc. Would you rather prefer to continue feeling that way?

If everything breaks down today, these people you find it hard to refuse their demands, would they be there for you in such times?

67 Likes 7 Shares

Re: How Do You Say No And Stand Your Ground? by debbydams(f): 9:42pm On Dec 15, 2021
Mophor:
FTC
FCT ABUJa

Op..stop telling people what u want to do..stand on your ground. As a lady nobody can pin anything on me o

6 Likes

Re: How Do You Say No And Stand Your Ground? by Cerebellum: 9:44pm On Dec 15, 2021
You mean you want to stop giving random Ladies BJ by saying No grin

8 Likes

Re: How Do You Say No And Stand Your Ground? by IgiveLadiesBj(m): 7:25am On Dec 16, 2021
Cerebellum:
You mean you want to stop giving random Ladies BJ by saying No grin
grin
Re: How Do You Say No And Stand Your Ground? by slawormiir: 3:39pm On Dec 16, 2021
Damnnn niggar

Bros op is just like me

That is my new years resolution anyway

I pity people alot and it is affecting me already

I heard alot of times that when you really want to become a millionaire you have to be tough ....
That the likes of dangote, otedola don't pity humans that is why they are who they are today

43 Likes 3 Shares

Re: How Do You Say No And Stand Your Ground? by Empress2014(f): 3:40pm On Dec 16, 2021
Re: How Do You Say No And Stand Your Ground? by NamelessOGBENI(m): 3:41pm On Dec 16, 2021
Na the gbas gbos way we dey take rough am.
Re: How Do You Say No And Stand Your Ground? by femi4: 3:41pm On Dec 16, 2021
IgiveLadiesBj:
Hello people of Nairaland, I am at the point of my life where I want to stop pleasing people regardless.

I find it difficult to say no especially to family and close friends and this has affected me badly in all ramifications especially in financial terms.
Please how do I say No and stand my ground without feeling bad or even care how they feel after I say no
Let your word be your bond

Keep your face straight, don't joke and let your words be few

13 Likes 3 Shares

Re: How Do You Say No And Stand Your Ground? by tradepunter: 3:41pm On Dec 16, 2021
By standing and saying noooo
Re: How Do You Say No And Stand Your Ground? by FFA: 3:41pm On Dec 16, 2021
No is no with respect .
Re: How Do You Say No And Stand Your Ground? by ginggerxy: 3:41pm On Dec 16, 2021
IgiveLadiesBj:

always have project at hand na them go dey pity you self
Re: How Do You Say No And Stand Your Ground? by tempem: 3:41pm On Dec 16, 2021
Give honest reasons for saying "No!" That works for me.

3 Likes

Re: How Do You Say No And Stand Your Ground? by Nobody: 3:42pm On Dec 16, 2021
No, is a complete sentence. It dosen't require further explanation.

8 Likes

Re: How Do You Say No And Stand Your Ground? by Lordofalmajiri(f): 3:42pm On Dec 16, 2021
cool I try to avoid the person/ situation totally
Re: How Do You Say No And Stand Your Ground? by Olunmercy56(f): 3:42pm On Dec 16, 2021
When I have said the truth and sincerity to you, you still don't believe me, I don't repeat my words, it's either you believe me or not. It's your problem.

1 Like

Re: How Do You Say No And Stand Your Ground? by Way4orward: 3:42pm On Dec 16, 2021
Anything is too difficult to do my friend.
Re: How Do You Say No And Stand Your Ground? by Nobody: 3:42pm On Dec 16, 2021
Simple, You tell the person to go upstairs, then you stay downstairs and shout no

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Do You Say No And Stand Your Ground? by omoadeleye(m): 3:42pm On Dec 16, 2021
NO
Re: How Do You Say No And Stand Your Ground? by Okortor: 3:43pm On Dec 16, 2021
U need to av a stone heart and be careless about anyone irrespective.

Then u saying NO would sound like a norm subsequently.
Re: How Do You Say No And Stand Your Ground? by Gwan2(m): 3:43pm On Dec 16, 2021
Just say no and stand upright with your two foot on the ground..not on a slippery floor sha

Or use from Joro to Joro style that most girls use to pass message…conduct a question and answer session by yourself to yourself, pretending is a question from a fan to you. Then tell ask yourself a good question on generosity and make it look like is one of your followers or a fan that asked you the question….then answer the question with your mind to your intended audience, at the end of your message, say thank you to yourself (pretending you’re thanking the fan) for a good question. cheesy
Re: How Do You Say No And Stand Your Ground? by Badguy77(m): 3:43pm On Dec 16, 2021
Just say NO and stand ur ground
Re: How Do You Say No And Stand Your Ground? by demmy55(m): 3:43pm On Dec 16, 2021
Saying no might be difficult especially when you have cash at hand or spare cash in your bank account.

The people requesting for financial assistance always make their stories so emotional or a matter of life & death. But the truth remains, if you don’t give them, they always find alternative means to solve their problem.

One advise I’ll give you is to invest your money where you cannot easily access the funds or where it will cost you something if you terminate your investment prematurely.

Let all of us be broke together! wink

Why do you think that your rich uncle is always broke? That’s because he has one project or the other he is doing with his money from time to time!

You can rich out to me should you require further personal advise.
Information is key and that’s what you need to acquire knowledge which will take you to the next level. cool

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Do You Say No And Stand Your Ground? by Muzikluva(m): 3:44pm On Dec 16, 2021
Make sure you say it while standing grin grin that way, you would be able to stand your ground. If you are feeling dizzy while saying it, hold/lean on a pillar.

On a serious note, nobody can give you a formula to do that. You just have to set a limit and say “oh once I get to this point, it’s a NO and I am not going to rescind on my decision. It is good to be a good person to others but sometimes you have to think about yourself too.

7 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Do You Need A Web & App Developer? / Gnld Super Gro Fertilizer For Fish Farming / Season's Greetings To Nairalanders

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.