Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,975 members, 7,806,836 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 03:27 AM

Software Engineer Or Chartered Accountant? - Career (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Software Engineer Or Chartered Accountant? (9189 Views)

Meet Akintola Williams, The First Chartered Accountant In Africa / Olutoyin Olakunrin Slumps And Dies In Church (First Female Chartered Accountant) / Man Orphaned At 2, Becomes A Chartered Accountant (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Software Engineer Or Chartered Accountant? by charlsecy(m): 11:32am On Dec 17, 2021
Carparts888:
We are in a tech world even accounting softwares like sage were developed by a software engineer.
So the software engineer doesn't need to be grounded in accounting?
Re: Software Engineer Or Chartered Accountant? by Carparts888(m): 12:30pm On Dec 17, 2021
It's good to have at least a little knowledge of accounting even if it's not your profession as everything we do as long as money is involved deals with accounting. The truth is that one can be both a chattered accountant and a software engineer too with the situation of things in this country but it all depends of the individual. I am an accountant by the way though not chartered yet but I'm not practicing my profession and I earn money from other means winkmost chattered accountants even with experience end up earning 80k to 120k except your lucky to be employed as a direct staff in a multinational company /bank/big firms etc.
I did a lot of research on tech development and it's really a big deal if u know what your doing.
Acounting profession is no longer a big deal in Nigeria but it is valued more abroad.
charlsecy:
So the software engineer doesn't need to be grounded in accounting?
Re: Software Engineer Or Chartered Accountant? by Gbsks: 4:19pm On Dec 17, 2021
JaskanFactor:
As a software engineer , i can tell you Being a Software Engineer gives more prospects and opportunity to be self employed than chattered accountant.

Both require someone who has no problem with studying , but software engineer has far better career prospects.
By that i mean technology in general sells more as a skill.

With the right experience you can easily get job with foreign company working from home in Nigeria.

Some of the software skills i know that sell close to my field which is robotics and Gaming.

.NET, Azure, AWL, C++, CSharp, AI, Embedded IOT Software, Unreal Engine, Unity Engine.

Robotics related skills selling like hot cake right now.

Also i give you a very good tip that cant fail, Google jobs for software, and see which skills they are frequently looking for and train towards those.

But remember you are most likely to be earning good money doing something you actually like and enjoy, cause working had is easier if you like the field, else you may get tired and not be a able to professional enough to earn good money.

So if you like accountancy , then focus on accountancy/ business management software platforms and learn those, like SAP etc software

In my case my interest was robotics , and i had to learn electronics/some mechanical and software to be professional in my field.
But as i got older i could no longer tolerate the extremely racist working environment Europe, and decided to retrain to develop software for Games and AI , basically a career that i can do from home and find my own customers online which for gaming is many.

As Software for robotics developer the projects are usually multimillion / billion projects and you have to work with lots of oyinbo an get your career destroyed by racists cause you have yo mingle with them everyday.

As software developer for gaming, i get customers through online forums working from home.

So Apart from just what you're interested, you also might find it useful to go for career where you can work from home, especially if it will involve working with oyinbo, they can easily turn coming to work into police incident for you, the sort of trouble you only get in bad night club you find at work.

So you can pretty much follow the software for any industry area cause every single industry has its own software field.

Apart from your day job, you can also develop your own Apps , you can keep both Accountancy and Software ,

Hello sir, I will like to ask a couple of questions concerning the gaming industry, how do I get your contact ?
Re: Software Engineer Or Chartered Accountant? by KennethEnyi(m): 5:56pm On Dec 17, 2021
Software engineering =future chargers accounting= 70,000 per month salary
‘Nuff said

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Female, Wants To Be An Engineer? / How To Apply NNPC 2017 Job Recruitment - Form / Police Commission Boss, Okiro Announces Mass Promotion Of Officers

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.