Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,298 members, 7,808,012 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 03:10 AM

Why Is It So Difficult To Obtain A Nigerian Passport? (Photos) - Travel (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Why Is It So Difficult To Obtain A Nigerian Passport? (Photos) (37886 Views)

Is It Really Difficult To Find A Life Partner In US Or Canada? / Lady Gets Deported For Traveling With The New Nigerian Passport (Photos) / Best Studio For Passport Photos For Canadian Pr (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Is It So Difficult To Obtain A Nigerian Passport? (Photos) by Labadi69: 7:13am On Dec 17, 2021
Odewaleadesoye:

You are very dull. You blurred every other thing but left the most important which is your name. Are you okay? Better give yourself brain before yamayama nack that your bald head angry
Re: Why Is It So Difficult To Obtain A Nigerian Passport? (Photos) by AchalugoNwa(f): 7:14am On Dec 17, 2021
IjebuWarrior:
I had to fly >2hrs from the Midwest to DC just to renew my passport. I even missed the first day despite getting there by 8:30am. >70 pple were already ahead of me and was told they only attend to the first 50. I had to crash at my sister's in Baltimore and got there at around 6:30am the subsequent day. Yet, 10 pple were ahead of me. undecided

Everything abt 9ja is messed up by these same Nigerians. The dude that took my passport photo is Caribbean. He told me the folks back in 9ja are hoarding the passport booklet thereby making it scarce for them to obtain since pple in 9ja tend to pay more compared to the fixed amount they charge at their Embassies abroad.

Of all the foreign Embassies on that street, na only 9ja Embassy pple full outside dey queue. Others had not a single soul standing outside lest queuing.

Of course, similar 9ja nonsense na him full there. angry The problem of Nigeria are Nigerians.

So you're an ijebu warrior living outside Nigeria
hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha
Keyboard warrior

Re: Why Is It So Difficult To Obtain A Nigerian Passport? (Photos) by BennyDGreat: 7:14am On Dec 17, 2021
bcashy:
It is unfortunate but I don't think you have to pay another money for the 32 pages, you paid for 64 pages, all they have to do is take your file to help desk and step it down to 32 pages. Simple!

Lol you are not a Nigerian...which helpdesk?
Re: Why Is It So Difficult To Obtain A Nigerian Passport? (Photos) by sotall(m): 7:16am On Dec 17, 2021
I applied for renewal of international passport since September at Alausa office .

I applied through an immigration officer.

Currently she doesn't pick my calls. I have gone to their office several times and its always one excuse to another.
Re: Why Is It So Difficult To Obtain A Nigerian Passport? (Photos) by Acidosis(m): 7:17am On Dec 17, 2021
It's hard because you haven't bribed a corrupt official at the Immigration Office.
Re: Why Is It So Difficult To Obtain A Nigerian Passport? (Photos) by scholarshipspr(f): 7:17am On Dec 17, 2021
Because being a Nigerian comes with a lot of hardship.

just keep pushing, don't give up bro/sis

meanwhile, check this fully funded scholarship

Click here to apply. https://scholarshipspring.com/australian-national-university-2022/

Re: Why Is It So Difficult To Obtain A Nigerian Passport? (Photos) by EbenezerTriumph: 7:18am On Dec 17, 2021
lkillbrokehoes:
You haven't bribed them yet, go to their office and meet them, the least you will spend should be around 50k upward, but I spent around 75k to get mine within 24 hours, NIGERIA is so damn corrupt, passport is now business to these guys.
see this poverty-stricken broke ass.
You can only deceive gullible people on this forum but I am here to expose you.
The cries and pains of those you've scammed on this forum will haunt you
Re: Why Is It So Difficult To Obtain A Nigerian Passport? (Photos) by Bignuell(m): 7:20am On Dec 17, 2021
At OP, for Nigeria, if you want to passport, dem no dey apply online. E be like say the passport now na highest bidder. If you know someone in abuja, go there with your cash and you'll get it within a week
Re: Why Is It So Difficult To Obtain A Nigerian Passport? (Photos) by aquashield: 7:20am On Dec 17, 2021
It's same tale for most online applicants this days. If you 32 , they will say it's 64 that is available. If you pay for 64 , they will tell you it's 32 available just because the 18K - 30K profit they want to make on it.

Guy, you have tried. Let me attempt to provide a solution.
1) To go immigration office, ask of SERVICOM . Official in that are reliable.

2) Ask of the ICT unit ( or Computer room). See the head of ICT unit.

3) Dress well when going there
Re: Why Is It So Difficult To Obtain A Nigerian Passport? (Photos) by stamapro(m): 7:21am On Dec 17, 2021
I applied for mine, got it same day, but had to wait till evening before their closing hour, paid 25k for 32 pages passport, no bribe. I also discovered that people travelled from Abuja and other states of Nigeria to come do it here.

Re: Why Is It So Difficult To Obtain A Nigerian Passport? (Photos) by MelaninGemstone(f): 7:21am On Dec 17, 2021
Manlikechoba:
Well well well

What do we have here

I paid 49k for mine(Express)last year March and due to Corona I collected it in April

We stand for sun taya b4 we queued up and it took hours b4 I got inside, when everyone don collect finish, e remain me and about 4 people

Den dey came with a piece of paper and asked us to write our name to know if ours is out since those that collected got a message.. after writing, the man went inside and boom my passport came out.....

#ikoyiNIS

I can give you contact if you want
Please give me contact

I need to renew my passport urgently
Re: Why Is It So Difficult To Obtain A Nigerian Passport? (Photos) by luvlyoracle(m): 7:22am On Dec 17, 2021
killmods:
Got mine in less than a week.. I no understand wetin Op dey yarn
Where did you get yours?
Re: Why Is It So Difficult To Obtain A Nigerian Passport? (Photos) by Dreamhighnow(m): 7:23am On Dec 17, 2021
It is not a news that Buhari government is really frustrating the effort of people not to travel

I wonder why they keep complaining of papers
Re: Why Is It So Difficult To Obtain A Nigerian Passport? (Photos) by Alexpetra: 7:24am On Dec 17, 2021
Coolsperm:
Cos Nigeria was not supposed to be one country in the first place couple with the fact that it will soon collapse
collapse?? how, why,when?... Don't you think that if it gonna happen it would have happened before now?.
Re: Why Is It So Difficult To Obtain A Nigerian Passport? (Photos) by Chardon90(m): 7:25am On Dec 17, 2021
I applied since March o, have not gotten it till now. It has been one story or the other, am even fed up with the whole stuff.
Re: Why Is It So Difficult To Obtain A Nigerian Passport? (Photos) by Nobody: 7:25am On Dec 17, 2021
MaverickA3:
It's not possible to divert the money you paid for 64 pages booklet to get 32 pages. You paid online and receipt was generated for you. About the shortage of booklets, I believe it's the fact that the number of applicants in recent years have increased largely and the production of booklets has not been increased to meet the demand. About the time duration of fresh passport, under a normal circumstance, your passport should be ready in 6 weeks from the day of application.
It is possible, when I renewed earlier this year I paid for 64 but picked the available 32 with no extra charge.
You just need to write a letter that it is your decision and you forfeit the refund of the difference.

Also my very first passport application back in 2014 took 3 days and not 6 weeks.

You don't seem to know about this subject.
Re: Why Is It So Difficult To Obtain A Nigerian Passport? (Photos) by Omonigeriarere: 7:26am On Dec 17, 2021
stamapro:
I applied for mine, got it same day, but had to wait till evening before their closing hour, paid 25k for 32 pages passport, no bribe. I also discovered that people travelled from Abuja and other states of Nigeria to come do it here.

Your state please?

1 Like

Re: Why Is It So Difficult To Obtain A Nigerian Passport? (Photos) by Ofadaman(m): 7:27am On Dec 17, 2021
You're so naive to expose your name and details on the internet like that, you must really think this world is a safe place.
I admire your courage comrade!.

On the matter at hand, it's been an ongoing problem since early last year booklets have disappeared off the shelves , I was able to get mine though but the colour looked as if the ink finished when they were printing it. You can get, but you'd need to bribe people, if you can't bribe you'd have to wait on the queue like everyone else.

Another thing is once you paid online, you'd be treated differently at the venue, because the means for them to make money is reduced, if you really want to make your pastor with little hassles forget about the online payment just go with your money to the venue and sort it out
Re: Why Is It So Difficult To Obtain A Nigerian Passport? (Photos) by Nobody: 7:28am On Dec 17, 2021
luvlyoracle:
Where did you get yours?
Back in my hometown Benin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Is It So Difficult To Obtain A Nigerian Passport? (Photos) by GreatrAnalyst: 7:29am On Dec 17, 2021
It is just a reflection of everything wrong with Nigeria.
Why singling out just passport alone?
Tell me of one sector working well here.

And by extension, all mission stations of Nigeria in different countries also have issue issuing passports to Nigerian citizens in those respective countries. If charity isn't at home, how do you expect it to be from abroad?
Re: Why Is It So Difficult To Obtain A Nigerian Passport? (Photos) by Advancedman(m): 7:29am On Dec 17, 2021
Odewaleadesoye:

If you truly need it then go the naija way with 100k you will get it just know if there is no official way for refund that money you paid is gone.
It's a shame this mess is the oxygen we breathe in this country.
Above all said God will lead you to Divine helpers on this in Jesus name Amen.
Re: Why Is It So Difficult To Obtain A Nigerian Passport? (Photos) by Jorge91: 7:29am On Dec 17, 2021
Odewaleadesoye:

Go with ur prove of payment to their physical office, now I believe what people abroad are saying about this re-issue of passport, if it’s hard to get it here in nigeria, what about people abroad.

1 Like

Re: Why Is It So Difficult To Obtain A Nigerian Passport? (Photos) by Odewaleadesoye(m): 7:31am On Dec 17, 2021
Re: Why Is It So Difficult To Obtain A Nigerian Passport? (Photos) by Odewaleadesoye(m): 7:33am On Dec 17, 2021
Re: Why Is It So Difficult To Obtain A Nigerian Passport? (Photos) by Odewaleadesoye(m): 7:33am On Dec 17, 2021
Re: Why Is It So Difficult To Obtain A Nigerian Passport? (Photos) by Burruchaga71(m): 7:34am On Dec 17, 2021
Because you voted Buhari and Osunbade
Re: Why Is It So Difficult To Obtain A Nigerian Passport? (Photos) by GreatrAnalyst: 7:34am On Dec 17, 2021
Ofadaman:
You're so naive to expose your name and details on the internet like that, you must really think this world is a safe place.
I admire your courage comrade!.

On the matter at hand, it's been an ongoing problem since early last year booklets have disappeared off the shelves , I was able to get mine though but the colour looked as if the ink finished when they were printing it. You can get, but you'd need to bribe people, if you can't bribe you'd have to wait on the queue like everyone else.

Early last year? Nope.
It has been a perennial problem.
South south, south west for a couple of years now, they can't always tell you exactly when your passport can come out in case you need one.
But on the other hand, there is always how to get it with more money faster through the backdoor.
Re: Why Is It So Difficult To Obtain A Nigerian Passport? (Photos) by Odewaleadesoye(m): 7:35am On Dec 17, 2021
Re: Why Is It So Difficult To Obtain A Nigerian Passport? (Photos) by Burruchaga71(m): 7:35am On Dec 17, 2021
Because you voted Buhari and Osunbade enjoy the change
Re: Why Is It So Difficult To Obtain A Nigerian Passport? (Photos) by Odewaleadesoye(m): 7:36am On Dec 17, 2021
Re: Why Is It So Difficult To Obtain A Nigerian Passport? (Photos) by willexyaho(m): 7:36am On Dec 17, 2021
Personally I am still wondering how I was able to get mine the same day that I applied

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

Two Bike Men In Accident On Ikorodu Road (Graphic Pics) / Aircraft Model Used By Wigwe Crashed 5 Times In 2023 / I Have Gotten A Full Time Job In Canada.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.