Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,316 members, 7,808,065 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 06:24 AM

Must SEE Before Purchasing A Gaming Laptop - Gaming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Gaming / Must SEE Before Purchasing A Gaming Laptop (1996 Views)

Will You Play Online & Offline PC Games In A Gaming Lounge? / My Son Wants A Gaming Computer, What Would You Recommend? / A Gaming Company In Enugu Is Hiring! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Must SEE Before Purchasing A Gaming Laptop by meekyhandsome(m): 7:36am On Dec 17, 2021
Are you a gamer? And maybe you have made mistakes in choosing a good gaming laptop in the past, then you are at the right place and maybe at the right time too.

When it comes to the purchase of a laptop whether gaming or not, everyone becomes skeptical.

But unfortunately, after all the sceptical approaches you still go back home buying the wrong gaming laptop.

I happy to say that this article will solve those problems and acquaint you with basic specifications to find in a good gaming laptop.

We are going to go the extreme to reveal some mysteries if I may say.

Regardless before we begin, what is a gaming Laptop?

A gaming laptop is simply defined as a laptop built with the capacity to drive high graphics loads without backing down.

These laptops are called beasts, they don’t mess with portability and playability.

It gives you ultimate performance for your high end graphics tasks which include gaming, programming, coding and graphics designs.

When it comes to gaming, any system lag can ruin the fun and the joy, it pisses me off to see my COD lagging, I feel like crying.

So a good gaming system will save me that expensive tears, you know right.

In summary, Good gaming laptop has a unique combination of good battery life, good performance, sleek structure, portability and playability.

Without further ado, here it’s the things to check out for, before purchasing or swapping a good gaming laptop.
Specifications of A Good Gaming Laptop
Specifications of a laptop is easier said than seen, when we say specs, we mean the details or the requirements to be found in the laptop.

Specifications of a Good Gaming laptop

Must have High Processor (CPU) and Cores: A high processor is important in a gaming laptop, as it gives you a smooth drive and performance during graphics jobs. The importance of high processors cannot be over emphasized, the processor is the brain, so faster or higher brain capacity can do much work than low brain capacity. Presently a good gaming laptop able to combat 2021/2022 high graphic appetite will have a generation above 5 and a core above 3(ie core i5 and above). For example, 5th Gen Intel Core i7 with 2.0ghz above.
High Random Access Memory(RAM) sacrosanct : The RAM is an important component in a gaming system, because it enables the laptop process activities optimally, will have 3 types of RAM, DDR2, DDR3 and DDR4. Each of them can process activities but modern gaming systems come with RAM DDR4. Let’s see how RAM works, when installing a game or software, RAM makes that happen, When extracting or Transferring files, RAM makes it work. So you see how important.
See more details below.
https://cryptoforpidgin.com/2021/12/17/before-purchase-a-gaming-laptop/

Re: Must SEE Before Purchasing A Gaming Laptop by Crafteck1: 9:39am On Dec 17, 2021
How can you say nonsense in more than 10 paragraphs.
A gaming laptop is simply one with separate graphics card, ususally most laptops have just cpu.
A good gaming laptop simply depends on your budget and the games you want to play.E.g
If you can only afford 600 usd, a recent alienware is not for you,
If all you play is a low graphically demanding game like Fortnite, player unknown, an 800 usd laptop like dell g5 5505 that has amd 5600m graphics card is fine and would give you good enough fps.
If you want to play assassins creed you need a laptop with good cpu and gpu, something with i7 6th gen at least and a graphics card of like 1070,2070 or 3070(rtx)

If you are just an average gamer with limited budget, just go for midlevel systems.

Will list suggested prices soon, dont go over the prices.

2 Likes

Re: Must SEE Before Purchasing A Gaming Laptop by Crafteck1: 9:54am On Dec 17, 2021
I will stick to nvidia graphics cards to avoid complications, Dont go for anything with 7xx,8xx,9xx in 2021 or 22,they cant play most games unless they are below 100k. Then you know you are buying them as a ordinary laptop while the graphics card is a plus.

Dont buy any 1xxx laptop above 200k, gtx 1060, 1070,1080 are very old gens, theyve been uzed for years, they are not worth the hassle, though sellers would advertise them as gaming monsters grin.

2 Likes

Re: Must SEE Before Purchasing A Gaming Laptop by HillaryNelo(m): 8:52pm On Dec 17, 2021
Crafteck1:
I will stick to nvidia graphics cards to avoid complications, Dont go for anything with 7xx,8,xx,9xx in 2021 or 22,they cant play most games unless they are below 100k. Then you know you are buying them as a ordinary laptop while the graphics card is a plus.

Dont buy any 1xxx laptop above 200k, gtx 1060, 1070,1080 are very old gens, theyve been uzed for years, they are not worth the hassle, though sellers would advertise them as gaming monsters grin.
4 real pls educate me more pls
Re: Must SEE Before Purchasing A Gaming Laptop by johnback20: 10:17pm On Dec 17, 2021
meekyhandsome:
Are you a gamer? And maybe you have made mistakes in choosing a good gaming laptop in the past, then you are at the right place and maybe at the right time too.

When it comes to the purchase of a laptop whether gaming or not, everyone becomes skeptical.

But unfortunately, after all the sceptical approaches you still go back home buying the wrong gaming laptop.

I happy to say that this article will solve those problems and acquaint you with basic specifications to find in a good gaming laptop.

We are going to go the extreme to reveal some mysteries if I may say.

Regardless before we begin, what is a gaming Laptop?

A gaming laptop is simply defined as a laptop built with the capacity to drive high graphics loads without backing down.

These laptops are called beasts, they don’t mess with portability and playability.

It gives you ultimate performance for your high end graphics tasks which include gaming, programming, coding and graphics designs.

When it comes to gaming, any system lag can ruin the fun and the joy, it pisses me off to see my COD lagging, I feel like crying.

So a good gaming system will save me that expensive tears, you know right.

In summary, Good gaming laptop has a unique combination of good battery life, good performance, sleek structure, portability and playability.

Without further ado, here it’s the things to check out for, before purchasing or swapping a good gaming laptop.
Specifications of A Good Gaming Laptop
Specifications of a laptop is easier said than seen, when we say specs, we mean the details or the requirements to be found in the laptop.

Specifications of a Good Gaming laptop

Must have High Processor (CPU) and Cores: A high processor is important in a gaming laptop, as it gives you a smooth drive and performance during graphics jobs. The importance of high processors cannot be over emphasized, the processor is the brain, so faster or higher brain capacity can do much work than low brain capacity. Presently a good gaming laptop able to combat 2021/2022 high graphic appetite will have a generation above 5 and a core above 3(ie core i5 and above). For example, 5th Gen Intel Core i7 with 2.0ghz above.
High Random Access Memory(RAM) sacrosanct : The RAM is an important component in a gaming system, because it enables the laptop process activities optimally, will have 3 types of RAM, DDR2, DDR3 and DDR4. Each of them can process activities but modern gaming systems come with RAM DDR4. Let’s see how RAM works, when installing a game or software, RAM makes that happen, When extracting or Transferring files, RAM makes it work. So you see how important.
See more details below.
https://cryptoforpidgin.com/2021/12/17/before-purchase-a-gaming-laptop/
NICE, I am a office boy and I want to purchase a latest printer for my office like printerman.
Re: Must SEE Before Purchasing A Gaming Laptop by ieemmanuel(m): 10:28pm On Dec 18, 2021
Can I get a good gaming system with all you listed for 300k
Re: Must SEE Before Purchasing A Gaming Laptop by Crafteck1: 6:45pm On Dec 19, 2021
ieemmanuel:

Yes, let me know when ur ready
Re: Must SEE Before Purchasing A Gaming Laptop by ieemmanuel(m): 7:04pm On Dec 19, 2021
Crafteck1:

Yes, let me know when ur ready
Ready
Re: Must SEE Before Purchasing A Gaming Laptop by meekyhandsome(m): 12:06am On Dec 20, 2021
Yes you can bro
ieemmanuel:
Re: Must SEE Before Purchasing A Gaming Laptop by meekyhandsome(m): 12:07am On Dec 20, 2021
Hey, it's good you share your own views without insults, you did wrong to call my article nonsense bro. Why not write yours.
Crafteck1:
A gaming laptop is simply one with separate graphics card, ususally most laptops have just cpu.
A good gaming laptop simply depends on your budget and the games you want to play.E.g
If all you play is a low graphically demanding game like Fortnite, player unknown, an 800 usd laptop like dell g5 5505 that has amd 5600m graphics card is fine and would give you good enough fps.
If you want to play assassins creed you need a laptop with good cpu and gpu, something with i7 6th gen at least and a graphics card of like 1070,2070 or 3070(rtx)

If you are just an average gamer with limited budget, just go for midlevel systems.

Re: Must SEE Before Purchasing A Gaming Laptop by Crafteck1: 4:35am On Dec 20, 2021
meekyhandsome:
Hey, it's good you share your own views without insults, you did wrong to call my article nonsense bro. Why not write yours.

No vex, just seemed you were prolonging a simple statement, got angry moving from one line to another not getting the info you wanted to pass, sorry about it.
Re: Must SEE Before Purchasing A Gaming Laptop by meekyhandsome(m): 8:00am On Dec 20, 2021
No problem bro.we good
Crafteck1:

No vex, just seemed you were prolonging a simple statement, got angry moving from one line to another not getting the info you wanted to pass, sorry about it.
Re: Must SEE Before Purchasing A Gaming Laptop by NoFucksToGive: 12:31pm On Dec 21, 2021
[s]
Crafteck1:

[/s][s][/s]

Paddy sorry o, but the energy you use on all these gaming and video gaming matters is exhausting o..

You know you are a grown man now o? you should leave certain things for your children! haba i like games too but men i dont have this energy to be ontop every matter gaming laptop desktop this and that, spend more time talking about crypto than video games pls you are not a child any more undecided
Re: Must SEE Before Purchasing A Gaming Laptop by Crafteck1: 1:28pm On Dec 21, 2021
NoFucksToGive:
[/s][s]

Paddy sorry o, but the energy you use on all these gaming and video gaming matters is exhausting o..

You know you are a grown man now o? you should leave certain things for your children! haba i like games too but men i dont have this energy to be ontop every matter gaming laptop desktop this and that, spend more time talking about crypto than video games pls you are not a child any more undecided

2 years ago, i had the pleasure of installing games on the console of one of the top mtn Nigeria directors, we were in his office playing fifa in his spare time, this topic came up, he laughed, we concluded most people that feel they are to matured for video games or assume games are for kids have poor mental health,abeg who is interested in a game of fifa 22,best of 3?

1 Like

Re: Must SEE Before Purchasing A Gaming Laptop by NoFucksToGive: 2:03pm On Dec 21, 2021
[s]
Crafteck1:

2 years ago, i had the pleasure of installing games on the console of one of the top mtn Nigeria directors, we were in his office playing fifa in his spare time, this topic came up, he laughed, we concluded most people that feel they are to matured for video games or assume games are for kids have poor mental health, abeg who is interested in a game of fifa 22,best of 3?
[/s]

This is what every mentally handicapped man child who is addicted to video games says... Listen i play videogames , i just dont obsesses over them. infact i could care less what anyone says about laptops desktops or video games!! why? because they are just a hobby period!!! i dont sit down and obsess over movies or angrily correct someone who thinks the starwars prequels are good movies no!! why because they are just .. movies!!

You are obviously a game freak and that is repulsive.. Video games are make believe and not real life.. Your knowledge on gaming systems is worth zero in the real world.

Grow up
Re: Must SEE Before Purchasing A Gaming Laptop by dessz(m): 3:54pm On Dec 21, 2021
NoFucksToGive:
[s][/s]

This is what every mentally handicapped man child who is addicted to video games says... Listen i play videogames , i just dont obsesses over them. infact i could care less what anyone says about laptops desktops or video games!! why? because they are just a hobby period!!! i dont sit down and obsess over movies or angrily correct someone who thinks the starwars prequels are good movies no!! why because they are just .. movies!!

You are obviously a game freak and that is repulsive.. Video games are make believe and not real life.. Your knowledge on gaming systems is worth zero in the real world.

Grow up

Ogbeni please shut the Bleep up. What nonsense.
I love video games, even if I get to 70 years of age I will keep playing it. I love chips and things related to gaming. I literally want to master on electronics/computer engineering just because of how much I love em. If you feel video game is for kids you are just ill informed.
Its like saying watching football is childish, lmaoo. It's the same thing it's just what we enjoy doing. I can talk about graphics cards, video games and all.. Same way yall can argue about man u, Messi, ucl etc. So stfu please

1 Like

Re: Must SEE Before Purchasing A Gaming Laptop by dessz(m): 3:55pm On Dec 21, 2021
Crafteck1:

2 years ago, i had the pleasure of installing games on the console of one of the top mtn Nigeria directors, we were in his office playing fifa in his spare time, this topic came up, he laughed, we concluded most people that feel they are to matured for video games or assume games are for kids have poor mental health,abeg who is interested in a game of fifa 22,best of 3?
Gee I for follow you play oh, but I'm more into shooting and RPG games. Fifa na once once with my gees.
You are a man of culture bro
Re: Must SEE Before Purchasing A Gaming Laptop by NoFucksToGive: 4:36pm On Dec 21, 2021
[s]
dessz:

Ogbeni please shut the Bleep up. What nonsense.
I love video games, even if I get to 70 years of age I will keep playing it. I love chips and things related to gaming. I literally want to master on electronics/computer engineering just because of how much I love em. If you feel video game is for kids you are just ill informed.
Its like saying watching football is childish, lmaoo. It's the same thing it's just what we enjoy doing. I can talk about graphics cards, video games and all.. Same way yall can argue about man u, Messi, ucl etc. So stfu please
[/s]

Just imagine a thug like you being let loose into the real world ..

Your brains have been scrambled by video game addiction.

I play but I do real world things more
Re: Must SEE Before Purchasing A Gaming Laptop by NoFucksToGive: 5:46pm On Dec 21, 2021
[s]
Crafteck1:

[/s]

This reply was for you

Again due to over indulgence in video games your brain is unable to process the information I passed correctly hence let me reiterate.

I playy video games too. But the difference between us is moderation. You game fanatics are like obese over weight food addicts... Food is necessary and good for everyone but like all things over indulgence is the perversion of the act.

Do you know how you feel when you see a fat 900 kg ugly flabby Wheel chair ridden fat person? Disgusted right ? That's how we normal folk feel when we see you game addicts. We all play video games but you have achieved so little in life because you spend endless hours obsessing over a mere hubby for children ..

I know next thing you tell me how you own a 600k laptop or a 1 million naira desktop or how you own cryptocurrency enough to fund Nigeria... Spare me the stupidity. I never said video games are bad, I love them but the difference between us is for me it's just a hobby like watching movies but for you it has become an unhealthy disgusting addiction.

Grow up . All your time is spent obsessing over video games . Something children aged 6 to 9 do too ..

Process that, let it sink in. You obsess over a habit children engage in also.

You need a shrink . All your time is spent in the gaming section on nairaland.

In your mind you own more video games or more expensive gadgets than I because you obsess over them like a 2 year old?.
Grow up!!
Re: Must SEE Before Purchasing A Gaming Laptop by Crafteck1: 6:55pm On Dec 21, 2021
NoFucksToGive:
[s][/s]

This reply was for you

Again due to over indulgence in video games your brain is unable to process the information I passed correctly hence let me reiterate.

I playy video games too. But the difference between us is moderation. You game fanatics are like obese over weight food addicts... Food is necessary and good for everyone but like all things over indulgence is the perversion of the act.

Do you know how you feel when you see a fat 900 kg ugly flabby Wheel chair ridden fat person? Disgusted right ? That's how we normal folk feel when we see you game addicts. We all play video games but you have achieved so little in life because you spend endless hours obsessing over a mere hubby for children ..

I know next thing you tell me how you own a 600k laptop or a 1 million naira desktop or how you own cryptocurrency enough to fund Nigeria... Spare me the stupidity. I never said video games are bad, I love them but the difference between us is for me it's just a hobby like watching movies but for you it has become an unhealthy disgusting addiction.

Grow up . All your time is spent obsessing over video games . Something children aged 6 to 9 do too ..

In your mind you own more video games or more expensive gadgets than I because you obsess over them like a 2 year old?.
Grow up!!

Yes you are right, thanks

3 Likes

Re: Must SEE Before Purchasing A Gaming Laptop by jikins(m): 11:06pm On Dec 21, 2021
NoFucksToGive:
[s][/s]

This reply was for you

Grow up!!

Lol all these man child thinking they are mature. What have you achieved in life. Calling people obese because they play games has to be one of the dumbest things I have heard all year grin.

Did you even bother to ask yourself if his work revolves around games. He just told you he installed games on a mtn director console. Doesn't that at least gives you a clue as to why he is always on the gaming section? Or maybe you aren't smart enough to put 2 and 2 together. You should probably play more strategy games, they will help strengthen your mental acculty.

7 Likes

Re: Must SEE Before Purchasing A Gaming Laptop by NoFucksToGive: 6:21am On Dec 22, 2021
[s]
jikins:

Lol all these man child thinking they are mature. What have you achieved in life. Calling people obese because they play games has to be one of the dumbest things I have heard all year grin.

Did you even bother to ask yourself if his work revolves around games. He just told you he installed games on a mtn director console. Doesn't that at least gives you a clue as to why he is always on the gaming section? Or maybe you aren't smart enough to put 2 and 2 together. You should probably play more strategy games, they will help strengthen your mental acculty.
[/s]

Men your IQ is really low. You didnt even understand my post!! wow!!! dude work on your comprehension skills... the fact you said i called people obese because they play games shows how poor your comprehension skill set is!!! And what i find shameful is you are displaying your stupidity for the whole world to see grin

kai!! its so sad, you read my comment and didnt understand it then went ahead to make a big fool of yourself grin wow everyyone who reads this trail will feel ashamed for you. you should have just kept silent grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

You are proving my point that over indulgence in videogames makes one stupid!!! even the guy i quoted will feel ashamed to identify with you.. kai .. you notice not one person liked your comment!! that should tell you. next time if you read something and you didnt understand it keep silent!!!
[img]https://c./lpeb_wR5a2gAAAAM/day-limns-gifsdayrol.gif[/img]
Re: Must SEE Before Purchasing A Gaming Laptop by dessz(m): 7:14am On Dec 22, 2021
NoFucksToGive:
[s][/s]

Just imagine a thug like you being let loose into the real world ..

Your brains have been scrambled by video game addiction.

I play but I do real world things more
k. You are right.

3 Likes

Re: Must SEE Before Purchasing A Gaming Laptop by jikins(m): 8:41am On Dec 22, 2021
NoFucksToGive:
[s]

Men your IQ is really low. You didnt even understand my post!! wow!!! dude work on your comprehension skills... the fact you said i called people obese because they play games shows how poor your comprehension skill set is!!! And what i find shameful is you are displaying your stupidity for the whole world to see grin

kai!! its so sad, you read my comment and didnt understand it then went ahead to make a big fool of yourself grin wow everyyone who reads this trail will feel ashamed for you. you should have just kept silent grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

You are proving my point that over indulgence in videogames makes one stupid!!! even the guy i quoted will feel ashamed to identify with you.. kai .. you notice not one person liked your comment!! that should tell you. next time if you read something and you didnt understand it keep silent!!!
[img]https://c./lpeb_wR5a2gAAAAM/day-limns-gifsdayrol.gif[/img][/s]

Lol see why you shouldn't try to be smart. You just typed paragraphs upon paragraphs with no single substance in it.

Please explain why you couldn't tell maybe the reason the person is always on the game section is because their work revolves around games. Why is your IQ as small as a rat that you didn't even consider that. grin grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Must SEE Before Purchasing A Gaming Laptop by NoFucksToGive: 9:31am On Dec 22, 2021
[s]
jikins:

Lol see why you shouldn't try to be smart. You just typed paragraphs upon paragraphs with no single substance in it.

Please explain why you couldn't tell maybe the reason the person is always on the game section is because their work revolves around games. Why is your IQ as small as a rat that you didn't even consider that. grin grin grin
[/s]

Kai!!! Video games have finished this one
[img]https://c./bN0hO7r_M40AAAAM/laughing-laughing-hysterically.gif[/img]
Re: Must SEE Before Purchasing A Gaming Laptop by jikins(m): 10:17am On Dec 22, 2021
NoFucksToGive:
[s][/s]

Kai!!! Video games have finished this one
[img]https://c./bN0hO7r_M40AAAAM/laughing-laughing-hysterically.gif[/img]

grin grin grin

As usual no substance in the head all na cruise

Re: Must SEE Before Purchasing A Gaming Laptop by NoFucksToGive: 11:15am On Dec 22, 2021
[s]
jikins:

grin grin grin

As usual no substance in the head all na cruise

[/s]

See dummy. what does the word cruise mean? this one is an illiterate game freak

E pain am o
[img]https://c./mx9fNn1S4PwAAAAC/spit-take.gif[/img]
Re: Must SEE Before Purchasing A Gaming Laptop by jikins(m): 11:26am On Dec 22, 2021
NoFucksToGive:
[s][/s]

See dummy. what does the word cruise mean? this one is an illiterate game freak

E pain am o

Pele oh you nor fit buy dictionary educate yourself olodo! cheesy grin grin

Go school make your brain work you nor gree grin

You just dull full everywhere chai! grin

He say na what does the word cruise mean? Olodo grin

1 Like

Re: Must SEE Before Purchasing A Gaming Laptop by NoFucksToGive: 11:45am On Dec 22, 2021
[s]
jikins:

Pele oh you nor fit buy dictionary educate yourself olodo! cheesy grin grin

Go school make your brain work you nor gree grin

You just dull full everywhere chai! grin

He say na what does the word cruise mean? Olodo grin
[/s][s][/s]

Cruise? this one is a start illiterate. I am sure you tell yourself "School na scam" grin

Get educated. GTA V is not real life !!

[img]https://c./wzGuN98SqfYAAAAS/hysterical-laugh.gif[/img]

Cry me a river!! i love your tears grin E pain am!!! grin
Re: Must SEE Before Purchasing A Gaming Laptop by jikins(m): 12:33pm On Dec 22, 2021
NoFucksToGive:
[s]

Cruise? this one is a start illiterate. I am sure you tell yourself "School na scam" grin

Get educated. GTA V is not real life !!

Cry me a river!! i love your tears grin E pain am!!! grin[/s]

grin grin grin

I can see your pained grin. He say na "start illiterate" cheesy. A complete massacre of English. No mata how you 1 hide am, if you be Olodo, e go show grin grin grin

Mumu said GTA V isn't real life. No na reality before. grin. Stating the obvious can't cover your lack of education grin.

Omo see tears everywhere. Pele oh! Next time when they say go school. No go dey yarn "School na scam" grin grin grin. Na why you nor get simple deduction skills grin

Keep the tears coming grin. I am all for it, Olodo grin

2 Likes

Re: Must SEE Before Purchasing A Gaming Laptop by NoFucksToGive: 3:02pm On Dec 22, 2021
[s]
jikins:

grin grin grin

I can see your pained grin. He say na "start illiterate" cheesy. A complete massacre of English. No mata how you 1 hide am, if you be Olodo, e go show grin grin grin

Mumu said GTA V isn't real life. No na reality before. grin. Stating the obvious can't cover your lack of education grin.

Omo see tears everywhere. Pele oh! Next time when they say go school. No go dey yarn "School na scam" grin grin grin. Na why you nor get simple deduction skills grin

Keep the tears coming grin. I am all for it, Olodo grin

[/s]

Illiterate game freak grin

Trying so hard not to act pained.. GTAV is not real life! Drop the controller and go graduate grin
E pain am !!! see typing long epistle!!! E pain am oo!!!!
[img]https://c./puDwsd3hmTwAAAAM/laughing-hysterically.gif[/img]

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Devil May Cry 2 Ppsspp Highly Compressed Android / Urgently Needed Internet Cafe Attendant / Ps Vita Fifa21 And Pes 21

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 93
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.