Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,147,988 members, 7,799,390 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 08:18 PM

How Did Judas Die? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / How Did Judas Die? (1612 Views)

Did Judas Iscariot Betray Jesus Or Help Him Fulfill The Scripture? / Why Did Judas Iscariot Betray Jesus Christ? / Who Really Is Judas Iscariot: A Traitor Or Hero? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Did Judas Die? by AntiChristian: 2:18pm On Dec 17, 2021
How did Judas die?

1. Luke said in Acts 1:17-19
He was one of our number and shared in this ministry.” (Now with the reward for his wickedness Judas bought a field; there he fell headlong and burst open in the middle, and all his intestines spilled out. This became known to all who lived in Jerusalem, so they called that field in their own language Akeldama, that is, Field of Blood.)

Notes
Judas bought a field with the reward of his wickedness.
On the field he fell headlong and burst open in the middle and all his intestines spilled out.
This became known to all who lived in Jerusalem and as such they call that field Akeldama i.e. Field of Blood.

2. Matthew has this to say in Matthew 27:4-6
“I have sinned by betraying innocent blood,” he (Judas) said. “What is that to us?” they replied. “You bear the responsibility.” So Judas threw the silver into the temple and left. Then he went away and hanged himself. The chief priests picked up the pieces of silver and said, “It is unlawful to put this into the treasury, since it is blood money.”

Notes
Judas threw the silver in to temple and left. The Chief priests picked it up.....
Judas Hanged himself.
Matthew was unaware of Akeldama i.e field of Blood which was know to all who lived in Jerusalem.

So how did Judas die?
On the field he fell headlong and burst open in the middle and all his intestines spilled out?
or he just hanged himself?

What happened to Judas' reward for betraying Jesus?
Did he buy a field with the reward for his wickedness?
Or he threw it into the temple and left?

1 Like

Re: How Did Judas Die? by Areola14(m): 2:31pm On Dec 17, 2021
We in this country.... Some of us has issue sha..! What concern us on how Judas died .... As a Christian we know that Judas betrayed Jesus and conscience couldn't allow him to rest and he killed him self... Why should we be dragging how he died again..? Was he our causing or relation? This thing happens thousands years ago before our great grand fathers.... Abeg ...there are many thing to think about oo! Live that case for the people of Israel to solve.... Try to even reason how Ogun died and where he was buried... What led to his death than trying to know what happen in another country of which if I want to go there, the moment they see my passport they treat me as a criminal... They don't care who you are!... grin grin grin..

2 Likes

Re: How Did Judas Die? by ahmthankgod(m): 2:33pm On Dec 17, 2021
Matthew writes that judas "hanged himself" luke explain what happened later, after judas body began to decompose. The corpse slipped from the rope falling headlong,... Burst open in the middle and all his entrail gusted out.

3 Likes

Re: How Did Judas Die? by illicit(m): 2:45pm On Dec 17, 2021
I suspect murder
Re: How Did Judas Die? by AntiChristian: 2:57pm On Dec 17, 2021
ahmthankgod:
Matthew writes that judas "hanged himself" luke explain what happened later, after judas body began to decompose. The corpse slipped from the rope falling headlong,... Burst open in the middle and all his entrail gusted out.

I once thought about this but the question remains if he bought a field that was widely known throughout Jerusalem as Field of Blood or he gave the money to the Chief priests?

No matter how you look it, the story does not add up!

1 Like

Re: How Did Judas Die? by ahmthankgod(m): 3:08pm On Dec 17, 2021
AntiChristian:

I once thought about this but the question remains if he bought a field that was widely known throughout Jerusalem as Field of Blood or he gave the money to the Chief priests?

No matter how you look it, the story does not add up!
Yep, when he threw the silver in the church so the priest took the money after judas dead, and bought the field then named it
Re: How Did Judas Die? by AntiChristian: 3:18pm On Dec 17, 2021
ahmthankgod:
Yep, when he threw the silver in the church so the priest took the money after judas dead, and bought the field then named it

So he didn't die in the field anymore? He died in the field from Luke.

Not adding up! grin
Re: How Did Judas Die? by ahmthankgod(m): 3:22pm On Dec 17, 2021
AntiChristian:

So he didn't kill himself in the field anymore? He killed himself in the field.
Not adding up! grin
Nope, "he hang himself in the field..."
Re: How Did Judas Die? by AntiChristian: 3:28pm On Dec 17, 2021
ahmthankgod:
Nope, "he hang himself in the field..."

Same field he used the money with the chief priests to buy?
Re: How Did Judas Die? by ahmthankgod(m): 3:36pm On Dec 17, 2021
AntiChristian:

Same field he used the money with the chief priests to buy?
What's your problem? judas saw that the silver wasn't important to him anymore after what he did so he went to the church where the priest is told him how he felt and threw the silver in the alter and went away the priest not knowing what's up in judas head because he couldn't advice him or anyone to go die for what he or she did, after judas "hanged himself in the field" the information about judas died was told to the priest, when he heard he said a word and he didn't hesitate to buy the field where judas hanged himself and named it
Re: How Did Judas Die? by MaxInDHouse(m): 3:40pm On Dec 17, 2021
How did Muhammad die? cheesy

2 Likes

Re: How Did Judas Die? by RoyalBoutique(m): 3:53pm On Dec 17, 2021
He ate a poisoned carrot.

That's why he's called Judas is carrot.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Did Judas Die? by AntiChristian: 5:41am On Dec 18, 2021
ahmthankgod:
What's your problem? judas saw that the silver wasn't important to him anymore after what he did so he went to the church where the priest is told him how he felt and threw the silver in the alter and went away the priest not knowing what's up in judas head because he couldn't advice him or anyone to go die for what he or she did, after judas "hanged himself in the field" the information about judas died was told to the priest, when he heard he said a word and he didn't hesitate to buy the field where judas hanged himself and named it

Did Judas use the money to buy the field on which he fell headlong or he threw the money at the priest and left to kill himself?
Re: How Did Judas Die? by AntiChristian: 5:44am On Dec 18, 2021
MaxInDHouse:

Na Judas matter bring us here. An wiru en wiru! If you don't have any explanation to make just go back in to your shell.
Re: How Did Judas Die? by AntiChristian: 5:45am On Dec 18, 2021
RoyalBoutique:
He ate a poisoned carrot.

That's why he's called Judas is carrot.

Never read this one yet o
Re: How Did Judas Die? by MaxInDHouse(m): 8:25am On Dec 18, 2021
AntiChristian:

Na Judas matter bring us here. An wiru en wiru! If you don't have any explanation to make just go back in to your shell.

Kí ló kàn ẹ́ kan Júdásì?
Ṣebí Muhọ́nmọ́dù ni tìẹ́.
Ó yẹ kí o kọjú sọ́nà kan kía lè mọ ibi tí ò ń lọ.
If you're not talking about your own religion but always about one particular religion out of thousands then it's obvious that out of all the religions on this planet the one you're always talking about is posing a threat to you and your own religion.
So use your sense to prove you're intelligent! cheesy

2 Likes

Re: How Did Judas Die? by AntiChristian: 12:51pm On Dec 18, 2021
MaxInDHouse:

Kí ló kàn ẹ́ kan Júdásì?
Ṣebí Muhọ́nmọ́dù ni tìẹ́.
Ó yẹ kí o kọjú sọ́nà kan kía lè mọ ibi tí ò ń lọ.
If you're not talking about your own religion but always about one particular religion out of thousands then it's obvious that out of all the religions on this planet the one you're always talking about is posing a threat to you and your own religion.
So use your sense to prove you're intelligent! cheesy

How Did Judas Die?
Re: How Did Judas Die? by MaxInDHouse(m): 12:53pm On Dec 18, 2021
AntiChristian:

How Did Judas Die?

How did Muhammad die? smiley

3 Likes

Re: How Did Judas Die? by AntiChristian: 12:55pm On Dec 18, 2021
MaxInDHouse:

How did Muhammad die? smiley

How did Jesus die?
Re: How Did Judas Die? by MaxInDHouse(m): 12:59pm On Dec 18, 2021
AntiChristian:

How did Jesus die?

3 Likes

Re: How Did Judas Die? by AntiChristian: 1:08pm On Dec 18, 2021
MaxInDHouse:

How did the founder of Jehovah Witness Charles Taze Russell die in 1916?
Re: How Did Judas Die? by MaxInDHouse(m): 1:33pm On Dec 18, 2021
AntiChristian:

How did the founder of Jehovah Witness Charles Taze Russell die in 1916?

2 Likes

Re: How Did Judas Die? by AntiChristian: 1:43pm On Dec 18, 2021
MaxInDHouse:

How did Jehovah witness die in Russia?
Re: How Did Judas Die? by MaxInDHouse(m): 1:45pm On Dec 18, 2021
AntiChristian:

How did Jehovah witness die in Russia?

How did Muhammad die?

3 Likes

Re: How Did Judas Die? by MaxInDHouse(m): 1:51pm On Dec 18, 2021
The world is experiencing a terrifying moment where politicians are using religion to brainwash youths into helping them to kill their oppositions.
If you're not on the same path with those stupid terrorists the only way you can prove it is by presenting your own religion and it's fine WORKS not going about speaking abusively of other people's faith.
For your information, 80% of those youths killing people here and there don't know that the real motive of their sponsors is politics not religion.
So go and learn more about your religion, find good things to say for people around you to see the good in your religion, otherwise you're nothing more than a social media terrorist!

My question again, How did Muhammad die?

Talk about that and help your listeners see the hands of God in the life of your prophet! smiley
Re: How Did Judas Die? by AntiChristian: 1:51pm On Dec 18, 2021
MaxInDHouse:

How did Muhammad die?

What year did the Founder of Jehovah witnesses Charles Taze Russell divorced his wife and why?

Open your thread and tell us the reason for the divorce?
Re: How Did Judas Die? by MaxInDHouse(m): 1:53pm On Dec 18, 2021
AntiChristian:

What year did the Founder of Jehovah witnesses Charles Taze Russell divorced his wife and why?

Open your thread and tell us the reason for the divorce?
How did Muhammad die?

Do you now see how i opened the minds of your audience to see that you've got nothing to offer but fruitless arguments?

Present your own religion in the light of truth and let everyone see the benefits of worshiping your God. That will help honest hearted individuals not just thinking of what to say against other people's religion! smiley

2 Likes

Re: How Did Judas Die? by AntiChristian: 2:00pm On Dec 18, 2021
MaxInDHouse:

How did Muhammad die?

Do you now see how i opened the minds of your audience to see that you've got nothing to offer but fruitless arguments?

Present your own religion in the light of truth and let everyone see the benefits of worshiping your God. That will help honest hearted individuals not just thinking of what to say against other people's religion! smiley

Tell us how Judas died in your Bible or you keep mute? You are not here to determine what any one posts or say!
Anyways, you are too old to respect other's right.
Re: How Did Judas Die? by MaxInDHouse(m): 3:21pm On Dec 18, 2021
AntiChristian:

Tell us how Judas died in your Bible or you keep mute? You are not here to determine what any one posts or say!
Anyways, you are too old to respect other's right.

Respect other people's religion by presenting yours so they can see how better yours is you're too irrational to be among learned people! undecided
Re: How Did Judas Die? by AntiChristian: 5:52am On Dec 19, 2021
MaxInDHouse:

Respect other people's religion by presenting yours so they can see how better yours is you're too irrational to be among learned people! undecided

I'm not your son nor your JW brothers. When your Christian neighbors do same here you supported them. Seems Jehovah witnesses aren't spared from the hypocrisy spread over the Christiandom.

Are you rational to be called an elder? An elder do not put mouth in wetin no concern am!

Moreover, you have nothing to contribute to this thread why not keep off?

But no! You must comment and derail the thread. I remember you said witnesses in a law court can give account differently. So why can't you even for once comment on this two witnesses Luke and Matthew?
No comment! You're Short of words! Call that your neighbor again here?

You are not in a position to tell me what to post or otherwise.
Re: How Did Judas Die? by advocatejare(m): 6:23am On Dec 19, 2021
AntiChristian:
How did Judas die?
Judas died by banging himself (Matthew 27:5)

1. Luke said in Acts 1:17-19
He was one of our number and shared in this ministry.” (Now with the reward for his wickedness Judas bought a field; [b]there he fell headlong and burst open in the middle, and all his intestines spilled out. This became known to all who lived in Jerusalem, so they called that field in their own language Akeldama, that is, Field of Blood.)[/b]

Notes
Judas bought a field with the reward of his wickedness.
On the field he fell headlong and burst open in the middle and all his intestines spilled out.
This became known to all who lived in Jerusalem and as such they call that field Akeldama i.e. Field of Blood.

Fell from what?

Where did Judas fall from?

Judas’s body fell from the tree or gallows on which he hung himself and since he was dead already, the body bursted open and spilled out the intestines

2. Matthew has this to say in Matthew 27:4-6
“I have sinned by betraying innocent blood,” he (Judas) said. “What is that to us?” they replied. “You bear the responsibility.” So Judas threw the silver into the temple and left. Then he went away and hanged himself. The chief priests picked up the pieces of silver and said, “It is unlawful to put this into the treasury, since it is blood money.”
You dubiously stopped at stopped at verse 6 so as to prevent your audience from getting the full information. Why didn’t you quote it to verse 10

“ So they took counsel and bought with them the potter's field as a burial place for strangers. Therefore that field has been called the Field of Blood to this day. Then was fulfilled what had been spoken by the prophet Jeremiah, saying, “And they took the thirty pieces of silver, the price of him on whom a price had been set by some of the sons of Israel, and they gave them for the potter's field, as the Lord directed me.”

Judas’ action of throwing the money at them was already prophesied long before Jesus was born:

Zechariah 11:13
And the LORD said to me, "Throw it to the potter"--this magnificent price at which they valued me. So I took the thirty pieces of silver and threw them to the potter in the house of the LORD.

Now to play your game back at you, you muslims lie that Allah is the author of the Quran and that for that reason, there is no error in your Quran since you claim that Allah is all-knowing

Now answer this: which is the the correct order of creation according to Allah in the Quran?

“Heaven first, then darkness, forenoon, earth, water, pastures, mountains… “ Quran 79:27-33

Or

“Earth first, then Mountains, Heavens and Stars…” Quran 41:9 ?

Why did Allah forget the sequence of its creation?

2 Likes

Re: How Did Judas Die? by MaxInDHouse(m): 8:30am On Dec 19, 2021
AntiChristian:

I'm not your son nor your JW brothers. When your Christian neighbors do same here you supported them. Seems Jehovah witnesses aren't spared from the hypocrisy spread over the Christiandom. Are you rational to be called an elder? An elder do not put mouth in wetin no concern am! Moreover, you have nothing to contribute to this thread why not keep off?
But no! You must comment and derail the thread. I remember you said witnesses in a law court can give account differently. So why can't you even for once comment on this two witnesses Luke and Matthew?
No comment! You're Short of words! Call that your neighbor again here?
You are not in a position to tell me what to post or otherwise.

If you're not ready to respect other people's religion and take advice from me then you also don't have the right to stop anyone from commenting on your thread, this is a public forum where everyone can comment whether you like it or not! smiley

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

The Worst Sin Is Not Sexual Sin, You Will Only Kill Yourself / Have Mercy On Me O Lord. / Christian Subforum

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.