Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,430 members, 7,808,532 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 01:08 PM

Boy Escaping From Kidnappers Killed By Soldiers He Ran To For Help In Edo - Politics (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Boy Escaping From Kidnappers Killed By Soldiers He Ran To For Help In Edo (52075 Views)

Ahmad Lawan Writes Tinubu, Explains Why He Ran Against Him / Lekki Protesters Jumped Into River While Escaping From Shooting, Fled To Ikorodu / Terhemba Iyo: Soldier Killed By Bokoharam When He Ran Out Of Ammunition In Borno (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Boy Escaping From Kidnappers Killed By Soldiers He Ran To For Help In Edo by Rocktation(f): 11:36pm On Dec 17, 2021
When has lunacy become a crime?

1 Like

Re: Boy Escaping From Kidnappers Killed By Soldiers He Ran To For Help In Edo by Nobody: 11:57pm On Dec 17, 2021
Laggafin:

It's not entirely foolish excuse.. this Soldiers are exposed to all sorts in de country now.. who I blame is the president who has not shown the will to secure the country from marauding bandits and dia partners
Stop repeating this trash. They thought and brutalized an unarmed civilian to the point of no return and u come up with this bs. How can u blame Buhari for this one again? Are u well at all? Those soldiers had fun drilling the boy for no just reason. Most of our military personnel do not undergo mental/ psychological evaluation before being recruited same with the useless NPF. They recruit hardened, frustrated, jobless individuals. Only God knows what would have happened if the mom was just another bloody civilian. And yes it's a foolish excuse

2 Likes

Re: Boy Escaping From Kidnappers Killed By Soldiers He Ran To For Help In Edo by Cloud007: 12:23am On Dec 18, 2021
Sins of the mother.... I don't trust police officer's past.

1 Like

Re: Boy Escaping From Kidnappers Killed By Soldiers He Ran To For Help In Edo by GhostWisperer: 12:53am On Dec 18, 2021
Laggafin:

It's not entirely foolish excuse.. this Soldiers are exposed to all sorts in de country now.. who I blame is the president who has not shown the will to secure the country from marauding bandits and dia partners
this comment is even stupider than the first one you made
Re: Boy Escaping From Kidnappers Killed By Soldiers He Ran To For Help In Edo by Laggafin: 1:02am On Dec 18, 2021
killmods:

Stop repeating this trash. They thought and brutalized an unarmed civilian to the point of no return and u come up with this bs. How can u blame Buhari for this one again? Are u well at all? Those soldiers had fun drilling the boy for no just reason. Most of our military personnel do not undergo mental/ psychological evaluation before being recruited same with the useless NPF. They recruit hardened, frustrated, jobless individuals. Only God knows what would have happened if the mom was just another bloody civilian. And yes it's a foolish excuse
I hope dis empty rants gives u precum
Re: Boy Escaping From Kidnappers Killed By Soldiers He Ran To For Help In Edo by Laggafin: 1:03am On Dec 18, 2021
GhostWisperer:
this comment is even stupider than the first one you made
Dis statement already shows you are a terrorist/bandit..
Re: Boy Escaping From Kidnappers Killed By Soldiers He Ran To For Help In Edo by ReneDaniels: 1:14am On Dec 18, 2021
Shiit is these Soldiers are not properly oriented with rules of engagement.. no wonder they don’t stand a chance against terrorist. So they can brutalize an unarmed civilian but pace at the call of bandits and Boko boys
Re: Boy Escaping From Kidnappers Killed By Soldiers He Ran To For Help In Edo by chrisblack: 1:19am On Dec 18, 2021
God bless you. Some comments of nairaland baffles me
DubaiLandLord2:
What a foolish and senseless excuse.

How can they kill a person because they thought he might be a Boko Haram or Bandits in disguise

Dam!!

Do some of you even people even make use of your brain while commenting at all?

The funny thing is that this same soldiers will cry like little girls about how they are not been equipped enough if they are to face Boko Haram.

If I b the mama, I will arrange boys wey go kidnap them

Then I will torture them to death

Before they die, I go don show them inside the acid I go throw they dead body in.

This kind of heartless people deserve to be killed in a gory way.
Re: Boy Escaping From Kidnappers Killed By Soldiers He Ran To For Help In Edo by GhostWisperer: 1:36am On Dec 18, 2021
Laggafin:

Dis statement already shows you are a terrorist/bandit..
I'm not the only one who has questioned your sanity on this thread.

It's time you admitted you're due for personal state of mental emergency.
Re: Boy Escaping From Kidnappers Killed By Soldiers He Ran To For Help In Edo by GhostWisperer: 1:38am On Dec 18, 2021
Laggafin:

I hope dis empty rants gives u precum
you post like a child and reason like one.
Re: Boy Escaping From Kidnappers Killed By Soldiers He Ran To For Help In Edo by dasparrow: 2:48am On Dec 18, 2021
I will keep saying it. Don't let Nigeria happen to you or your loved one. Call a referendum. Break up Nigeria to save lives. Look at that young handsome man. Now he is gone. They wasted his life for nothing. I am not quite sure what Nigeria is but Nigeria is not a country. I pray he gets justice.
Re: Boy Escaping From Kidnappers Killed By Soldiers He Ran To For Help In Edo by Gval123: 3:07am On Dec 18, 2021
2021, Nigeria army still think say to beat person na training. Country way still believe say muscle mean military might. Go to Nigeria army training, na only to beat person them day teach. Them go beat u so tay u go die half way and they call that training. See, when we conplain about Nigeria police and army, they behavior and how they treat Citizens, we day miss the point. Try investigate the recruitment process of these agencies, then, u we actually see why we have animals on uniforms in our streets. Person way nor finish ordinary primary school , them go dagbolize certificate put for e hand, giv am gun, because e come from a particular region and call it quota system. The training is pure suffering, u are not taught anything, them go beat u till u see Jesus. Meanwhile, for western part of the world, u are trained , taught, both academic work and physical work., taught the act of combat and civility. Imagine waiting military day tok say make she write. The write way commissioner write never do to start investigation? Anyways, even the police also day do the same thing. This woman way day cry so, if the table tuen now, and innocent civilian day this situation, u might be surprise this woman will do worse. Yes, na so them be. Now u know how we feel when police brutalize our children, kill them. yes. We are all humans, what is good for another man's child to eat, must also be good for ur child to eat too.

1 Like

Re: Boy Escaping From Kidnappers Killed By Soldiers He Ran To For Help In Edo by Vireani79: 4:16am On Dec 18, 2021
AfonjaConehead:
Something is not adding up here,why will soldiers just descend on someone just like that?! I don't like naija military but there's something missing in this story

Yes u are the one missing
U should have been the boy
Re: Boy Escaping From Kidnappers Killed By Soldiers He Ran To For Help In Edo by BluntCrazeMan: 5:07am On Dec 18, 2021
Heyaaa...
This is a very sad way to die.
Please Nigerians.
Whatever you do with a soldier, even if you're in distress, please maintain a good distance.
Don't ever get yourself too close to them.
And never ever ever make quick movements, even if you don't have any weapons on you.
Finally, always keep your hands and fingers where they would be seeing them clearly while you explain yourself slowly and calmly.
The Nigerian Military Men are not bad.
(At least, not as bad as the Nigerian Police)
But the truth is, they see any human being (and animals too) as a potential threat.

Re: Boy Escaping From Kidnappers Killed By Soldiers He Ran To For Help In Edo by TOMMYS: 6:02am On Dec 18, 2021
Mrkumareze:
Police and soldiers are in the same shoe, let them.settle their scores .. Karma (if it exist) may be paying the police woman lipsrsealed

Does karma really exist?.
The whites enslaved and killed blacks for decades.
They are still enjoying life.

Where is the karma

Some Nigerian conspired to kill during the civil war.
This nigerians are hale and hearty.
Thier kids are doing well.

Which karma.

Ogun kill karma
Na selective karma
I feel karma needs to be triggered spiritually before it comes to bear
Re: Boy Escaping From Kidnappers Killed By Soldiers He Ran To For Help In Edo by princenaira(m): 6:35am On Dec 18, 2021
The worst soldiers on Earth. Look at the handsome life they have just wasted
Re: Boy Escaping From Kidnappers Killed By Soldiers He Ran To For Help In Edo by AfonjaConehead: 6:36am On Dec 18, 2021
Vireani79:

Yes u are the one missing
U should have been the boy perish with your small shallow mind,loser. If you feel like weeping over what I said,you highly welcome and I got something for ya for the weekend:4K U!
Re: Boy Escaping From Kidnappers Killed By Soldiers He Ran To For Help In Edo by Pharaohny: 6:45am On Dec 18, 2021
slivertongue:
Unprofessional

For Nigeria security Agents do they know the meaning at all , where will they learn that from , you will graduate and still become a police Officer it doesn't go hand in hand , you've got to be a thug to be one.
Re: Boy Escaping From Kidnappers Killed By Soldiers He Ran To For Help In Edo by Friend22(m): 7:21am On Dec 18, 2021
freshkpomo:

That boy was programmed to die, wetin carry snake go where him hide? And why na when soldiers come Na him the snake show?

Fuking soldiers be like, obey before complain.. They just killed one innocent soul, but not so innocent because the mama na police and police do same too.

Many Nigerian soldiers lately dey do like police, if nor be AK, them for dey chop better beating.

Soldiers and kidnapper Na gang members

Stop saying confused things.
Are we judging his death based on the mother's work? Or based on what happened?
Will it be justified to beat up a soldier's son simply because their dad is a soldier?

Let's stop justifying wrong actions.

Even while we were coming from Kaduna through that route we encountered some of these check point soldiers who were already insulting one of us simply because he was a passenger.

Let's stop justifying nonsense
Re: Boy Escaping From Kidnappers Killed By Soldiers He Ran To For Help In Edo by GetMeRight: 7:37am On Dec 18, 2021
Ebubeslym:

Nigeria is not a real place

No be u Nigerians made up what is called Nigeria? No be u Nigerians made Nigeria not to be a real place? Nigeria as a geographical place is blessed with everything: moderate weather and climate, no natural disasters, abundant natural resources with huge human resources which is a plus. But look at the mess you all make of it!
You should have mentioned Nigerians instead of Nigeria
Re: Boy Escaping From Kidnappers Killed By Soldiers He Ran To For Help In Edo by GetMeRight: 7:39am On Dec 18, 2021
DubaiLandLord2:
What a foolish and senseless excuse.

How can they kill a person because they thought he might be a Boko Haram or Bandits in disguise

Dam!!

Do some of you even people even make use of your brain while commenting at all?

The funny thing is that this same soldiers will cry like little girls about how they are not been equipped enough if they are to face Boko Haram.

If I b the mama, I will arrange boys wey go kidnap them

Then I will torture them to death

Before they die, I go don show them inside the acid I go throw they dead body in.

This kind of heartless people deserve to be killed in a gory way.

If she goes about it properly with support from the lawmakers representing her state and use the power of social media to call for justice, she will get justice.
Re: Boy Escaping From Kidnappers Killed By Soldiers He Ran To For Help In Edo by ArewaFanatic(m): 7:40am On Dec 18, 2021
Laggafin:

Guy just pray u are not in a panicking mode where every thing u see appears like danger.. if u see how dis military guys are being killed by iswap.. Boko Haram terrorists and de likes .. u won't entirely blame dem

This is such a pathetic excuse. To begin with, soldiers (or military guys as you preferred to call them) are well trained in counter insurgency and assymetric warfare. They know exactly what to do in situations like those. To never let panic cloud decision making process is a dictum every soldier is taught. In 2019, my friend, Corporal Jonathan and a small detachment of his colleagues ran into an ambush at some place in Southern Borno. Despite being overpowered and later forced to flee, they clearly executed their retreat after drawing up a plan. Jonathan would not give me the details however hard I pressed him of course. But you get the point. Panic is never an excuse for a soldier.
Sometimes, they are placed in the unpleasant situation wherein they have to make tough decisions in seconds, and they do make mistakes in those situations, they can never ascribe their errors to panic. Even before military tribunals, soldiers try to provide credible evidence that they acted only after assesing that their assailant was a threat to their lives. It was the defence used by Blackwater contractors when they faceed manslaughter charges after the unfortunate incident that is now known as "Baghdad's Boody Sunday". It remains the only valid military defence.
I can only wish that the dead comrade gets justice. There is no justifiable reason that would exonorate those soldiers for beating up a civilian to death even after establishing that he is unarmed. A friend of mine is serving a jail term for a similar offence. And that gives me hope.

1 Like

Re: Boy Escaping From Kidnappers Killed By Soldiers He Ran To For Help In Edo by GetMeRight: 7:45am On Dec 18, 2021
Laggafin:

Guy just pray u are not in a panicking mode where every thing u see appears like danger.. if u see how dis military guys are being killed by iswap.. Boko Haram terrorists and de likes .. u won't entirely blame dem

There is no way to justify what they did to him.
He wasn't armed.
He was alone.
He went directly to them.
They did not only beat him to stupor, they broke every bones in his body, gave him fatal injury and left him for dead.
Don't justify barbarism, Nigeria soldiers were known for barbaric acts towards civilians even before the advent of terrorists and bandits
Re: Boy Escaping From Kidnappers Killed By Soldiers He Ran To For Help In Edo by GetMeRight: 7:50am On Dec 18, 2021
Laggafin:

Did you even read their excuse for killing him based on what the mother recounted? They tagged him LUNATIC, not terrorist or bandit or kidnapper. The soldiers were simply having fun beating, torturing and killing him.
Re: Boy Escaping From Kidnappers Killed By Soldiers He Ran To For Help In Edo by ArewaFanatic(m): 8:09am On Dec 18, 2021
BluntCrazeMan:
Heyaaa...
This is a very sad way to die.
Please Nigerians.
Whatever you do with a soldier, even if you're in distress, please maintain a good distance.
Don't ever get yourself too close to them.
And never ever ever make quick movements, even if you don't have any weapons on you.
Finally, always keep your hands and fingers where they would be seeing them clearly while you explain yourself slowly and calmly.
The Nigerian Military Men are not bad.
(At least, not as bad as the Nigerian Police)
But the truth is, they see any human being (and animals too) as a potential threat.

Come on! You expect a panicking man or lady fleeing from some threat to his/her life to keep these rules of yours? How in God's name is such a person not to make quick movements or remember to raise his arms up? Would you keep your own rules if you are in the same situation? Soldiers and policemen are trained on these stuff. They do countless simulations on how to handle people who are in panic. If we cant run to them, who do we run to?
Re: Boy Escaping From Kidnappers Killed By Soldiers He Ran To For Help In Edo by cardoctor(m): 8:18am On Dec 18, 2021
Very sad
Re: Boy Escaping From Kidnappers Killed By Soldiers He Ran To For Help In Edo by Laggafin: 8:22am On Dec 18, 2021
ArewaFanatic:

This is such a pathetic excuse. To begin with, soldiers (or military guys as you preferred to call them) are well trained in counter insurgency and assymetric warfare. They know exactly what to do in situations like those. To never let panic cloud decision making process is a dictum every soldier is taught. In 2019, my friend, Corporal Jonathan and a small detachment of his colleagues ran into an ambush at some place in Southern Borno. Despite being overpowered and later forced to flee, they clearly executed their retreat after drawing up a plan. Jonathan would not give me the details however hard I pressed him of course. But you get the point. Panic is never an excuse for a soldier.
Sometimes, they are placed in the unpleasant situation wherein they have to make tough decisions in seconds, and they do make mistakes in those situations, they can never ascribe their errors to panic. Even before military tribunals, soldiers try to provide credible evidence that they acted only after assesing that their assailant was a threat to their lives. It was the defence used by Blackwater contractors when they faceed manslaughter charges after the unfortunate incident that is now known as "Baghdad's Boody Sunday". It remains the only valid military defence.
I can only wish that the dead comrade gets justice. There is no justifiable reason that would exonorate those soldiers for beating up a civilian to death even after establishing that he is unarmed. A friend of mine is serving a jail term for a similar offence. And that gives me hope.
Tanks for this enlightened views and I have learnt from it incredibly.. we learn each day.. and I only said they "may " have .. meaning I'm not even too sure why they did dat babaric act.. but like you said notin justifies their action.. I'm unreservedly sorry for putting dat out witout knowing that even panicking isn't allowed in military dictums and rules of engagements.. tanks bro once again for sharing this knowledge

1 Like

Re: Boy Escaping From Kidnappers Killed By Soldiers He Ran To For Help In Edo by Laggafin: 8:26am On Dec 18, 2021
GhostWisperer:
I'm not the only one who has questioned your sanity on this thread.

It's time you admitted you're due for personal state of mental emergency.
My broda be calming down.. we are not enemies.. hapi weekend
Re: Boy Escaping From Kidnappers Killed By Soldiers He Ran To For Help In Edo by Theunbothered: 9:24am On Dec 18, 2021
Bolaji26:
Well I don't blame the soldier.

They may be acting in self defense since it was night and the guy was approaching them with running and probably parrouf clothe.

Or he may be forming a big man son or rude.
claiming his mom is an officer and using it to brag for the soldier.

And we all know police and soldiers never gree for once

This sort of thinking is a major part of Nigeria's problems
Re: Boy Escaping From Kidnappers Killed By Soldiers He Ran To For Help In Edo by AFRICANJAMAICA: 10:15am On Dec 18, 2021
Laggafin:
It's obvious u are a destitute with leprous hands.. it's ur entire generation that will be wiped out with this same fate.. not mine.. clueless dump asshole
Lol hahahaha

Pain sion
Re: Boy Escaping From Kidnappers Killed By Soldiers He Ran To For Help In Edo by INDUSTRIALFAN(m): 10:25am On Dec 18, 2021
AfonjaConehead:
Something is not adding up here,why will soldiers just descend on someone just like that?! I don't like naija military but there's something missing in this story
Over the phone they said he dragged their gun with them. Next they said he was acting like a lunatic. If sth was fishy why didn’t they say it? Is that how they beat every mad man they see on the road? Since when did mad men have phones? From the picture of the guy, it is obvious he was most likely well dressed so doesn’t that tell them he is from a home with family? You people should stop making stvpid excuses for killers.

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Biafra Rally Took Place In Finland In Simon Ekpa house But He Was Hiding -IPOB / Kachikwu Unseated As OPEC President After 2 Days / "Fulani Herdsmen Plotting Total Islamisation Of Nigeria" – Mbazulike Amaechi

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.