Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,712 members, 7,805,936 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 08:45 AM

As Long As Nigerians Have These 13 Vices - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / As Long As Nigerians Have These 13 Vices (711 Views)

As Long As I’m Alive, I’ll Keep Pursuing Presidency – Atiku / Ogunlewe: Tinubu’s Health Doesn't Matter As Long As He Assembles A Good Cabinet / Buhari: The Lockdown Will Last As Long As Our Advisers Say (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

As Long As Nigerians Have These 13 Vices by BABANGBALI: 5:27pm On Dec 17, 2021
*No matter how good a government we have, Nigeria is never going to become a productive nation as long as her citizens have these 13 vices*

[1] Nigerians are too passionate about their religious faiths. An overwhelming number of Nigerians are more interested in going to heaven than making their country a better place. Indeed many would burn Nigeria down to the ground just because they believe it will facilitate them going to heaven. Of course many don't practice the teachings of their religion.

[2] Nigerians are too closely attached to their ethnic groups and traditional rulers. I subscribe to views of Samora Machel when he said: "For the nation to grow, the tribe must die."

[3] Nigerians love entertainment and merriment to an obscene level. We invest money in parties, ceremonies that should be contributed to cooperative societies to create jobs

[4] Nigerians hate being called just plain Mr or Ms. No other people in the world love amassing titles like us. Nigerians spend all our hard earned money on titles and awards that have no contribution to economic growth.

[5] Our misguided orientation has led us to believe that how much material wealth you have is a measure of your worth

[6] We Nigerians believe that public transport is for the poor. Gustavo Petro once said: “A developed country is not a place where the poor have cars. It's where the rich use public transportation.”

[7] Erroneously, Nigerians believe that the federal, state and local governments have the capacity to solve all of society’s socio-economic woes

[8] Probably most destructive of all is the fact that we love high-end products, yet produce none of these goods ourselves. As a people, we are shamelessly happy to import all our consumer goods. In contrast, in South Korea, their national slogan is: "Anything we don't produce, we don't need."

[9] We are embarrassingly sycophantic. Decades of living under military rule has engrained the oga-at-the-top mentality into our psyche. Our top-to-bottom mentality makes it impossible for an average Nigerian to refuse to obey unreasonable orders from people in positions of authority

[10] Nigerians appreciate the value of education. However, this means they disrespect people who did not go to university irrespective of what skills they possess.

[11] Nigerians think going into politics is to harvest government resources.

[12] Nigerians do not want to take responsibility for their action or inaction. They blame everyone else but themselves. They do not believe that they should take the lead in making the country a better place.

[13} Most Nigerians believe in begging. They beg and beg and beg other people to take responsibility that is purely theirs.

You simply cannot build a global superpower when your population thinks this way. A higher level of thinking is required.

Pray my people, please read and ponder then retain the one applicable to you and act on it. Just want to know what you think.

5 Likes 3 Shares

Re: As Long As Nigerians Have These 13 Vices by ridwanlawal: 5:32pm On Dec 17, 2021
E be o and e tie o
Re: As Long As Nigerians Have These 13 Vices by DukeofNL: 5:33pm On Dec 17, 2021
Kana da point baba
Re: As Long As Nigerians Have These 13 Vices by SUFFERInSMILIIN(m): 5:49pm On Dec 17, 2021
BABANGBALI:
*No matter how good a government we have, Nigeria is never going to become a productive nation as long as her citizens have these 13 vices*

[1] Nigerians are too passionate about their religious faiths. An overwhelming number of Nigerians are more interested in going to heaven than making their country a better place. Indeed many would burn Nigeria down to the ground just because they believe it will facilitate them going to heaven. Of course many don't practice the teachings of their religion.

[2] Nigerians are too closely attached to their ethnic groups and traditional rulers. I subscribe to views of Samora Machel when he said: "For the nation to grow, the tribe must die."

[3] Nigerians love entertainment and merriment to an obscene level. We invest money in parties, ceremonies that should be contributed to cooperative societies to create jobs

[4] Nigerians hate being called just plain Mr or Ms. No other people in the world love amassing titles like us. Nigerians spend all our hard earned money on titles and awards that have no contribution to economic growth.

[5] Our misguided orientation has led us to believe that how much material wealth you have is a measure of your worth

[6] We Nigerians believe that public transport is for the poor. Gustavo Petro once said: “A developed country is not a place where the poor have cars. It's where the rich use public transportation.”

[7] Erroneously, Nigerians believe that the federal, state and local governments have the capacity to solve all of society’s socio-economic woes

[8] Probably most destructive of all is the fact that we love high-end products, yet produce none of these goods ourselves. As a people, we are shamelessly happy to import all our consumer goods. In contrast, in South Korea, their national slogan is: "Anything we don't produce, we don't need."

[9] We are embarrassingly sycophantic. Decades of living under military rule has engrained the oga-at-the-top mentality into our psyche. Our top-to-bottom mentality makes it impossible for an average Nigerian to refuse to obey unreasonable orders from people in positions of authority

[10] Nigerians appreciate the value of education. However, this means they disrespect people who did not go to university irrespective of what skills they possess.

[12] Nigerians do not want to take responsibility for their action or inaction. They blame everyone else but themselves. They do not believe that they should take the lead in making the country a better place.

[13} Most Nigerians believe in begging. They beg and beg and beg other people to take responsibility that is purely theirs.

You simply cannot build a global superpower when your population thinks this way. A higher level of thinking is required.

Pray my people, please read and ponder then retain the one applicable to you and act on it. Just want to know what you think.

I agree with you if some of your write-up . but the main problem of Nigeria the people are illiterate but believe they are educated . I have seen this with Nigerians in Europe and America they believe they are very educated but when you take them for job experience and then you find out they are illiterate only with massive mouth. If been here in Africa when you put a Nigerian professor or degree holders like professors and doctors when you put them alongside which people which did a A level in other African countries you find out the A level people are performing better

Unfortunately the only thing Nigerians have known how to do his vote for criminals. When you take a trip to America and Europe it is the same thing with Nigeria's voting for criminals in Nigerian community is what will know how to do
Re: As Long As Nigerians Have These 13 Vices by LokoH(m): 6:41pm On Dec 17, 2021
SUFFERInSMILIIN:

I agree with you if some of your write-up . but the main problem of Nigeria the people are illiterate but believe they are educated . I have seen this with Nigerians in Europe and America they believe they are very educated but when you take them for job experience and then you find out they are illiterate only with massive mouth. If been here in Africa when you put a Nigerian professor or degree holders like professors and doctors when you put them alongside which people which did a A level in other African countries you find out the A level people are performing better

Unfortunately the only thing Nigerians have known how to do his vote for criminals. When you take a trip to America and Europe it is the same thing with Nigeria's voting for criminals in Nigerian community is what will know how to do
You v been to America and Europe with this your ENGLISH ?
I give up on nigeriA

1 Like

Re: As Long As Nigerians Have These 13 Vices by Nobody: 7:35pm On Dec 17, 2021
BABANGBALI:

You hammer this Nail Gidi Gbam cool
Re: As Long As Nigerians Have These 13 Vices by Praxis758: 1:59am On Dec 18, 2021
Well said.

Those factors are breeding ethnic jingoism, religion bigotry, political bias, class gap and national decay.
Re: As Long As Nigerians Have These 13 Vices by SUFFERInSMILIIN(m): 4:52am On Dec 18, 2021
LokoH:

You v been to America and Europe with this your ENGLISH ?
I give up on nigeriA

English is my third language and most of the time I used translator Portuguese and Spanish and my first and second language. I have been to 16 African countries and 12 countries out of Africa . I do not know why that people think English is the only language in the world

1 Like

Re: As Long As Nigerians Have These 13 Vices by Idiko1: 6:34am On Dec 18, 2021
SUFFERInSMILIIN:

I agree with you if some of your write-up . but the main problem of Nigeria the people are illiterate but believe they are educated. I have seen this with Nigerians in Europe and America they believe they are very educated but when you take them for job experience and then you find out they are illiterate only with massive mouth. If been here in Africa when you put a Nigerian professor or degree holders like professors and doctors when you put them alongside which people which did a A level in other African countries you find out the A level people are performing better

I cannot reconcile the words in red. What surrounds illiteracy is inability to read or write which have nothing to do with level of enlightenment.
Re: As Long As Nigerians Have These 13 Vices by sinkhole: 7:01am On Dec 18, 2021
BABANGBALI:

Your write up simply confirms my point that "Nigeria can never develope". We can advance, following other countries developments, but we ourselves can never develope. My reason being that all those 13points you mentioned are in our bloods and there is no way we can get rid of them embarassed
Re: As Long As Nigerians Have These 13 Vices by LokoH(m): 7:06am On Dec 18, 2021
SUFFERInSMILIIN:

English is my third language and most of the time I used translator Portuguese and Spanish and my first and second language. I have been to 16 African countries and 12 countries out of Africa . I do not know why that people think English is the only language in the world
You are a Nigerian, english is No1 language. You wrote that despite all your travel and exposure.
Young girl, you are ZERO

(1) (Reply)

Why There Was No Prophecy Against Buhari For 2022 / Re: Hope Uzodinma Has A Killer Squad In Imo State / Ogun Skull Mining.. Ben Bruce Spits Fire

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.